Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assigning Personality Traits To ME Characters

Go down

Assigning Personality Traits To ME Characters Empty Assigning Personality Traits To ME Characters

Post by Restrider Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:32 pm

Probably you have already checked out this thread -- if not, do it NOW(!) -- and while reading through some responses, I had the idea to assign these MBTI personality traits to the various characters of the ME universe.

Of course there will be a lot of guessing and theorizing, but that's the fun, isn't it?

I will start with three examples. You may disagree with my opinion and you are welcome to post your disagreement. You might aswell post your ideas for other characters. I will then update the OP. All in all, you should provide some examples, why you beg to differ.

So, let's begin:

Doctor Liara T'Soni:

Introversion - I think this is a given one. Though her social skills improved a lot in ME2/3, I have not forgotten the awkwardness of her in ME1. She even confesses that she is not used to socialize a lot.

INtuitive - Her education as an archeologist might imply that she is a sensing person, but considering her aptness in digging through huge amounts of data and grasping the essence and wider concepts, I think it is safe to assume that she is an intuitive person after all.

Thinking - This is a tough one. Of course she has had a lot of emotional moments (Noveria, end of LOTSB, Thessia), but considering the circumstances, I would say even a thinking person would show emotions there. I think in ME1 it was clearer that she is a thinking rather than a feeling person. ME2/3 changes that a bit.

Judging - I think here applies the judging trait more than the perceiving trait.

Conclusion: INTJ

The Mastermind -- considering her being the Shadow Broker, this seems to fit.

Tali'Zorah vas Normandy:

Extroversion - This is a hard one. In ME1 and 3 she appears to be quite extroverted (especially teasing Garrus and/or Shepard) while ME2 shows her more shy. The latter may be explained with the fact that she was on a Cerberus ship.

Sensing - She is very apt in engineering and has said herself that improvising is a typical trait of a Quarian.

Feeling - This is also a tough one. Unlike Liara, Tali shows more emotional aptness and sensitivity (examples are the death of her father or her suicide; Liara has also experienced similar actions [Benezia/Thessia], but did not react that extreme).

Judging/Perceiving - I have no idea on this one. Does Tali have a plan or is she more of an improvising character?

Conclusion: ESFJ/P

The Provider/Composer. I think the latter one seems to fit a tiny little bit better.

Garrus Vakarian:

Extroversion - No need for a big debate here, I think.

Sensing - He is more a practical than theoretical person.

Thinking - Though there are exceptions (ME1: Harkin calling him a hothead/ ME2: His entire LM), I think Garrus tends to be less emotional and more rational. This is especially seen during the Reaper Invasion (no real emotional eruptions unlike other squadmates/characters).

Judging - I think here applies the judging trait more than the perceiving trait. But again, this is a tough one.

Conclusion: ESTJ

The Supvervisor. Also fitting, considering what his tasks have been during the trilogy.

Here is the link to the test and a scheme, showing typical clichés.

Assigning Personality Traits To ME Characters 4827
Restrider
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Assigning Personality Traits To ME Characters Empty Re: Assigning Personality Traits To ME Characters

Post by Guest Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:44 am

Javik:

Interoversion - Hates socializing.

INtuitive - It all comes from his honed instincts.

Feeling - While he wants to be rational, I'm sure, his experiences have made him focused on the feeling of vengeance, overriding reasonable thoughts oftentimes.

Judging - HUGELY.

Conclusion: INFJ

Feeling, Counselor, The Protector

http://www.personalitypage.com/INFJ.html

I think that on first glance, much of it doesn't fit.

Until you remember that he actually can find it a good idea to write a book on his experiences with Liara. In a peaceful world, he would be a writer, or an artist, or an academic. But no, he knows he must fight.

With that into perspective, he's an INFJ 100%.

Back to top Go down

Assigning Personality Traits To ME Characters Empty Re: Assigning Personality Traits To ME Characters

Post by Guest Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:49 am

I think Tali is more Perceiving when it comes down to it. Her judging part comes from what every Quarian experiences, but in the end, she will decide what is right, for herself.

http://www.personalitypage.com/ESFJ.html

Fits very well.

"The ESFJ's value system is defined externally. They usually have very well-formed ideas about the way things should be, and are not shy about expressing these opinions. However, they weigh their values and morals against the world around them, rather than against an internal value system. They may have a strong moral code, but it is defined by the community that they live in, rather than by any strongly felt internal values."

AKA Once Tali learns more about Legion, she comes to accept him more readily than most Quarians would.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum