Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multiplayer Strategy and Build section!

+26
Nightvayne
Cyberfrog
MovieMachine
dorktainian
hukbum
WeAreHarbinger
CmdrShep80
HYR 2.1
Eryri
Rankincountry
Raistlin Majere
Home run MF
richie21
FFZero
Fur28
shadowsenshi
DoomsdayDevice
DSharrah
Davik Kang
Andromidius
ElSuperGecko
Rifneno
Steelcan
BlueLogic
RavenEyry
AxStapleton
30 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Multiplayer Strategy and Build section! - Page 9 Empty Re: Multiplayer Strategy and Build section!

Post by hukbum Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:44 pm

Fighting at the side of a Juggernaut is awesome. And the +powerdmg pistol/smg thingy fits my playstyle really well.
Had some good fun yesterday (or was it today? Rolling Eyes ) with my Geth Trooper and his big brothers.
They bind Banshees and I grilled them Laughing
Really good addition for teamplay now I only need to try it myself (but I love to run arround, flank, duck/cover so I'll need some time to get used to it) ...
hukbum
hukbum
Abomination

Back to top Go down

Multiplayer Strategy and Build section! - Page 9 Empty Re: Multiplayer Strategy and Build section!

Post by ElSuperGecko Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:31 pm

ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:36 pm

Did they actually release all those leaked banners? I'm only seeing one new challenge category.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:54 pm

Shocked Seven thousand...ha. Haha. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:56 pm

BlueLogic wrote:

Plus 40% damage resistance...

And shields that regenerate naturally...

And a turret that also helps regenerate shields...

bounce
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:17 pm

ElSuperGecko wrote:
BlueLogic wrote:

bounce

And heavy melee shield draining Twisted Evil

I was exploring a more offense minded version, and it looks like siege pulse can be made to pack quite a punch. Still, 40% dmg reduction is so hard to pass up. I can't bring myself to shoot one at anything.

I need to promote and respec because, in the heat of the moment, my brain missed the implications of the extra shot evolution on dmg reduction. *facepalm* Also I'm thinking of dumping the turret and going for the hex shield electrify and 10% dmg boost.
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by MovieMachine Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:24 pm

BlueLogic wrote:
ElSuperGecko wrote:
BlueLogic wrote:

bounce

I was exploring a more offense minded version, and it looks like siege pulse can be made to pack quite a punch. Still, 40% dmg reduction is so hard to pass up. I can't bring myself to shoot one at anything.

I need to promote and respec because, in the heat of the moment, my brain missed the implications of the extra shot evolution on dmg reduction. *facepalm* Also I'm thinking of dumping the turret and going for the hex shield electrify and 10% dmg boost.

Don't forget that he also gets extra 15% damage reduction from the last fitness evolution (if I remember correctly), so that makes 55% DR total. Yeah, that guy is pretty much the very definition of a bullet-sponge.
MovieMachine
MovieMachine
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:34 pm

MovieMachine wrote:
BlueLogic wrote:
ElSuperGecko wrote:
BlueLogic wrote:

bounce

Don't forget that he also gets extra 15% damage reduction from the last fitness evolution (if I remember correctly), so that makes 55% DR total. Yeah, that guy is pretty much the very definition of a bullet-sponge.
Ah! Thank you. I thought I remembered seeing that when I specced him last night, but couldn't get verification. Bullet sponge indeed!
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:20 am

God I am loving the Female Turian Cabal.

High mobility with devastating close range power and the tools to survive getting in close and personal, it is awesome.

Currently running with 3 ranks in Poison Strike using it mostly for repositioning and run away.

Then full ranks Nightshade Blades going for increased range and high damage as my main AoE damaging tool. One or two shots (depending on difficulty) wipes out most standard enemy units.

Full ranks Biotic Focus going for defense, melee damage and shield regeneration. While the other last upgrade gives a lot of benefits i have found myself loving having a shield restore with added 0.5 second invincibility on instant press to good to pass up with the close range I fight at. Also the buff never drops as i am using it constantly for shield.

Maximum power damage to maximize those Nightshade Blades skipping last upgrade.

Fitness taking shield / health in 4 rank and melee from there.

Weapon is a Rank X Carnifex with added Melee damage and Armor Piercing (for those pesky enemies i cant get near and Cerberus Guardians).

My tactic is to quickly locate enemy spawn at start of a wave and drop my nightshade blades on them. Then I move in with Poison Strike and heavy melee to mop up any stragglers using Biotic Focus to keep my shields up as I melee the enemies down. Repeat as necessary.

Very much the same build as with my N7 Slayer but the shield restore on need and Nightshade blades makes it safer and more powerful in AoE the way i feel it.

Also it is a Female Turian Love
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:34 pm

The Collector Adept is an absolute beast. Tough for an adept, fast and manueverable. Bonuses to Collector weapons (I needs me a Collector SMG for biotic power mod!) Dark Sphere is insane, with Seeker Swarms to detonate.

Unless of course, he gets mugged by five Marauders intent on giving him a good kicking. That's just bad news!

Laughing
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by hukbum Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:59 pm

New Mods, new possibilities:
My Geth Engineer (Dosenbier) finally returned to the battlefield. With the geth-scanner (got it at "V" yesterday) and the Power Magnifier for SMGs he's playable again.
Now you have a free Huntermode, can take some fire and max. the turret for damage only.
3 runs on silver, 3 times on top with a 30k diffrence (ok, I have to admit, the the teams where a little bit strange, never seen such diffrence between the players for a while).
hukbum
hukbum
Abomination

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:50 am

ElSuperGecko wrote:The Collector Adept is an absolute beast. Tough for an adept, fast and manueverable. Bonuses to Collector weapons (I needs me a Collector SMG for biotic power mod!) Dark Sphere is insane, with Seeker Swarms to detonate.

Unless of course, he gets mugged by five Marauders intent on giving him a good kicking. That's just bad news!

Laughing

That was too funny.... Very Happy
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedingUranium Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:11 am

DSharrah wrote:
ElSuperGecko wrote:The Collector Adept is an absolute beast. Tough for an adept, fast and manueverable. Bonuses to Collector weapons (I needs me a Collector SMG for biotic power mod!) Dark Sphere is insane, with Seeker Swarms to detonate.

Laughing

That was the most ridiculous thing ever lol!
BleedingUranium
BleedingUranium
Thresher Maw

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsenshi Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:32 am

BleedingUranium wrote:
DSharrah wrote:

Laughing

with a ravager as backup for them, very silly indeed lol.
shadowsenshi
shadowsenshi
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammuthegreat Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:25 pm

hukbum wrote:New Mods, new possibilities:
My Geth Engineer (Dosenbier) finally returned to the battlefield. With the geth-scanner (got it at "V" yesterday) and the Power Magnifier for SMGs he's playable again.

I'm surprised to hear you say he's only just become playable - I've been using my Geth Engineer (Armada) for ages on U/U/G and regularly top the scoreboard, he's one of my best failsafe characters.

I slap a Phaeston X and a Hurricane with ULM on him, spec my Turret for Flamethrower and use Incendiary Ammo just for a bit of extra boom. I go with the Shield Booster too to cover Hunter Mode's drawbacks.

Chuck Turret near enemies; fire off a few burning rounds from Phaeston/Hurricane for good measure while my powers cool down; Overload (specced for Chain, Neural Shock, Barriers/Shields). BOOM.

I'd need to check when I'm not at work but I'm fairly sure this is my build, and it works a treat (you can also add Cyclonic Modulator or Assault Rifle/SMG amp for added overkill).

Sammuthegreat
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:58 pm

shadowsenshi wrote:
BleedingUranium wrote:
DSharrah wrote:

Laughing

with a ravager as backup for them, very silly indeed lol.

I didn't even notice the Ravager, I was too busy simply trying to GET AWAY from the Marauders!

Marauder Beatdown frenzy. Tried firing off Dark Sphere.... nope. Tried getting out a missile launcher. Not a chance. Tried simply RUNNING AWAY... it just ain't happening.

It was like the game had simply had enough.
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by hukbum Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:42 pm

Sammuthegreat wrote:I'm surprised to hear you say he's only just become playable - I've been using my Geth Engineer (Armada) for ages on U/U/G and regularly top the scoreboard, he's one of my best failsafe characters.

I slap a Phaeston X and a Hurricane with ULM on him, spec my Turret for Flamethrower and use Incendiary Ammo just for a bit of extra boom. I go with the Shield Booster too to cover Hunter Mode's drawbacks.

Chuck Turret near enemies; fire off a few burning rounds from Phaeston/Hurricane for good measure while my powers cool down; Overload (specced for Chain, Neural Shock, Barriers/Shields). BOOM.

I'd need to check when I'm not at work but I'm fairly sure this is my build, and it works a treat (you can also add Cyclonic Modulator or Assault Rifle/SMG amp for added overkill).
Hmm ... he become playable for me again. He was replaced by the Geth Trooper because the trooper can take some hits. I'm not really a defens-player and I like to be on top of stupid that list (yeah yeah, I know, the list isn't everything ... ^^). As for the egnineer I love huntermode and always specced it max. but that doesn't really work with collectors (another reason why he got replaced by the trooper because the trooper can take 3 Scion shots in the worst case on gold).
And now I have both: High shilds and huntermode. Love it Very Happy

Stupid question: Why do you use Phaeston and Hurricane? I would just scrap the Phaeston and add a piercing mod to the Hurricane.
hukbum
hukbum
Abomination

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammuthegreat Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:10 pm

hukbum wrote:
Sammuthegreat wrote:I'm surprised to hear you say he's only just become playable - I've been using my Geth Engineer (Armada) for ages on U/U/G and regularly top the scoreboard, he's one of my best failsafe characters.

Hmm ... he become playable for me again. He was replaced by the Geth Trooper because the trooper can take some hits. I'm not really a defens-player and I like to be on top of stupid that list (yeah yeah, I know, the list isn't everything ... ^^). As for the egnineer I love huntermode and always specced it max. but that doesn't really work with collectors (another reason why he got replaced by the trooper because the trooper can take 3 Scion shots in the worst case on gold).
And now I have both: High shilds and huntermode. Love it Very Happy

Stupid question: Why do you use Phaeston and Hurricane? I would just scrap the Phaeston and add a piercing mod to the Hurricane.

Fair enough. I do tend to use Shield Boost and Cyclonic Modulator which overcompensates for the Hunter Mode shield reduction but I take your point; I guess the most important thing is to always stick to cover, or always use soft cover at least, particularly on Gold. I'm not too concerned about always raining bullets on the enemy, because I've always got a Turret on the go doing damage for me - it's surprising how often I see my name pop up in the kill feed with "Geth Turret" next to it.

As for Phaeston + Hurricane... it's a matter of preference I admit. I personally really really like the Phaeston, and it's brilliant for accurately spreading my ammo power of choice; with the Geth's accuracy boosts it's totally steady and very accurate. The Hurricane is really a last resort in case enemies get up close, and with ULM5 it's practically weightless, even at III. Personally I'd drop the Hurricane before the Phaeston on this guy; he likes keeping his enemies at a good distance and the Phaeston is far more reliable than the Hurricane for that, plus it takes far longer to run out of ammo.

I use my Hurricane as a primary range weapon on my Turian Soldier - with Marksman and all the stability/damage buffs he gets, it's an absolutely frightening weapon.

Sammuthegreat
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:55 pm

Ok, question for you all. Is it terribly bad form to steal people's kills? I don't mean on purpose of course (it's not like I lie in wait until the Atlas is about to blow before I shoot at it). I'm more asking, how conscious should I be of kill etiquette?

I've been having lots of fun running around with my Valkyrie, but apparently it's been at the expense of other players' point totals. It never occurred to me that this could even be a problem, but I've been getting shot and stared down between waves, which I've come to assume means they're somewhat disgruntled.

One guy complained on voice chat, "oh come on man, I was reloading".

My first thought was, "well...how could anyone know that". My second was, "shoot him in the head next time". Then I realized that I may just need to pay more attention instead of killing on sight.

Anyway, please tell me your thoughts.
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by hukbum Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:14 pm

BlueLogic wrote:Anyway, please tell me your thoughts.
I can't see nothing bad there. What I've seen way to often is that people (and I'm not excluding myself here) forget about a target when they see that everyone else turn arround and pick a diffrent one and/or get killed by the thing you spared for them. Down is down. It's not "kill-stealing" for me, I just make sure it's dead and I can concentrate on the new/next wave without having something in my back or a res waiting for me.
hukbum
hukbum
Abomination

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:28 pm

BlueLogic wrote:Ok, question for you all. Is it terribly bad form to steal people's kills? I don't mean on purpose of course (it's not like I lie in wait until the Atlas is about to blow before I shoot at it). I'm more asking, how conscious should I be of kill etiquette?

Ah, the age-old question. To shoot, or not to shoot?

The answer is clearly: shoot.

It's rare that I've heard anyone complain about "kill-stealing", and I tend to shoot at anything and everything in my field of vision. If someone's done the majority of damage to en enemy, they'll get plenty of assist points anyway. It isn't a big deal, and really shouldn't be a big deal either, not even when you're trying to work towards banners.

In short, blaze away my friend!
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammuthegreat Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:29 pm

BlueLogic wrote:Anyway, please tell me your thoughts.

Far as I'm concerned, you've done absolutely nothing wrong. It's a co-op game; you don't get anything extra for getting more kills than your teammates. As long as you've contributed, then it's fair game.

The argument would be that you get extra "bonus" points for applying the killing blow to enemies; often I'll find myself getting upwards of 1000 points from a boss enemy having only shot them once or twice, but landing the killing blow. Alternately I've found myself getting well under 1000 for taking off 90% of a Prime's shields and armour on Gold, when someone else has come in and dealt the final bit of damage.

Ultimately though it doesn't matter at all as long as the enemies are going down. People will whinge that you're costing them points towards a challenge they're working on, but in my view that's a weak argument. You'll still get the challenge completed, even if it takes one more enemy.

In any case certain teams work best with one person setting up and one person finishing off combinations. Some of the best games I've played have involved one biotic finishing off combos I've primed; I've ended up with way more points than the detonator since it counts as my kill but it doesn't matter, we had a blast (pun intended) and we destroyed the enemy.

Sammuthegreat
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:45 pm

Sammuthegreat wrote:In any case certain teams work best with one person setting up and one person finishing off combinations. Some of the best games I've played have involved one biotic finishing off combos I've primed; I've ended up with way more points than the detonator since it counts as my kill but it doesn't matter, we had a blast (pun intended) and we destroyed the enemy.

Indeed. All-Biotic teams can offer some of the most fun to be had in the game, with powers sending enemies flying and detonations going off everywhere...

First time I completed Gold was in an all-Asari team against Cerberus IIRC. It was a cakewalk. Bodies flying everywhere!
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammuthegreat Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:49 pm

ElSuperGecko wrote:
Sammuthegreat wrote:In any case certain teams work best with one person setting up and one person finishing off combinations. Some of the best games I've played have involved one biotic finishing off combos I've primed; I've ended up with way more points than the detonator since it counts as my kill but it doesn't matter, we had a blast (pun intended) and we destroyed the enemy.

Indeed. All-Biotic teams can offer some of the most fun to be had in the game, with powers sending enemies flying and detonations going off everywhere...

First time I completed Gold was in an all-Asari team against Cerberus IIRC. It was a cakewalk. Bodies flying everywhere!

It's amazing how easy the game can be when the team works together. People bitching about kill-stealing ought to try worrying less about their own score and they might win more games --> more credits.

Sammuthegreat
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:23 pm

I agree with you all.

I don't care if anyone 'steals' my kill, and I don't pay attention to whose target I'm shooting either.

If it lives, then it's a threat. Down is down.

The people who complain about kill stealing are the ones who want to come in first, no matter what. It's not a competitive game.

A friend of mine refuses to play with people who can't compete with him. I don't get it.

I mean, let's be honest, some kits are way better than others but all are fun to play. If I had to play with the best kits only just to be on top of the list, I wouldn't have half as much fun.

Also @Gecko, I finally unlocked the Geth Trooper, and used your build. Works great! I used it in some gold matches yesterday. We were doing all Geth.... Banshee and Punny were Juggernauts, I was the Trooper and Punny's cousin (I think it was her cousin) was a Geth Engineer. It was pretty awesome. Grin
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next