Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multiplayer Strategy and Build section!

+26
Nightvayne
Cyberfrog
MovieMachine
dorktainian
hukbum
WeAreHarbinger
CmdrShep80
HYR 2.1
Eryri
Rankincountry
Raistlin Majere
Home run MF
richie21
FFZero
Fur28
shadowsenshi
DoomsdayDevice
DSharrah
Davik Kang
Andromidius
ElSuperGecko
Rifneno
Steelcan
BlueLogic
RavenEyry
AxStapleton
30 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Multiplayer Strategy and Build section! - Page 3 Empty Re: Multiplayer Strategy and Build section!

Post by AxStapleton Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:25 pm

ElSuperGecko wrote:
BlueLogic wrote:I recently discovered how terribly entertaining the throw skill can be using my N7 Fury. Thanks to the build tool I discovered a Human Sentinel can generate 1710 N of force with a throw thanks to tech armor. I can't wait to try it out.

Lash is pretty awesome for similar reasons. Not much damage, but great for detonating combos and INCREDIBLE force. Send unshielded enemies flying around and off the map.

It's also AMAZING for trolling friends with - see your friend hunting down an enemy? Yank it away from them at the last second and kill it yourself.

Played in a game on Ghost the other night, against Collectors. Extraction wave, 5 seconds to go... and someone Lashes a possessed abomination into the extraction zone. Boom - team wipe, mission failed. I was livid and laughing my ass off at the same time.

That is actually epic in a fail sort of way.
AxStapleton
AxStapleton
Varren

Back to top Go down

Multiplayer Strategy and Build section! - Page 3 Empty Re: Multiplayer Strategy and Build section!

Post by BlueLogic Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:38 pm

AxStapleton wrote:
ElSuperGecko wrote:
BlueLogic wrote:I recently discovered how terribly entertaining the throw skill can be using my N7 Fury. Thanks to the build tool I discovered a Human Sentinel can generate 1710 N of force with a throw thanks to tech armor. I can't wait to try it out.

Lash is pretty awesome for similar reasons. Not much damage, but great for detonating combos and INCREDIBLE force. Send unshielded enemies flying around and off the map.

It's also AMAZING for trolling friends with - see your friend hunting down an enemy? Yank it away from them at the last second and kill it yourself.

Played in a game on Ghost the other night, against Collectors. Extraction wave, 5 seconds to go... and someone Lashes a possessed abomination into the extraction zone. Boom - team wipe, mission failed. I was livid and laughing my ass off at the same time.

That is actually epic in a fail sort of way.

scratch...."What the hell just happened?"

That's awesome. Once.
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:14 pm

It's happened a couple of times now. I'm wary whenever I see en ex-Cerberus character fighting Collectors.

Possessed Abominations are awesome and all, but I don't want them flying at me!
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:10 pm

Lash instead of cluster nades? Blasphemy! Tongue

(I'll admit Lash is fun though)
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by AxStapleton Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:01 pm

Bump for the sake of it.
AxStapleton
AxStapleton
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:35 am

My Human Sentinel has been working out nicely this weekend. Tough enough to survive mistakes, and plenty of biotic combos to boot. Actually works well with all the tech powers flying around this weekend as warp can activate or charge up all kinds of combos. Primes have been dropping pretty quick on silver. Also, I find the collector SMG works well for this char since I never wait for recharge. Warp, throw, shoot a bit, repeat. The SMG cools off while I'm going biotic on folks.
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:51 pm

I've been using my Quarian Infiltrator build a fair bit over the weekend.

The Black Widow's amazing, but she's been tearing it up with the Valiant, Mantis and Viper as well. Somewhat fragile, but Tac Cloak keeps her alive pretty well.
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:48 pm

Uggghhh...challenge complete...that was a slog.
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:27 pm

Yeah, it was. Compared to the other recent challenges, this one felt grindy.

On the upside, I unlocked the Batarian Slasher Adapt. Biotic Explosions ahoy!
Andromidius
Andromidius
Admin

https://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by AxStapleton Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:37 pm

AxStapleton
AxStapleton
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by AxStapleton Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:29 pm

AxStapleton wrote:Bump for the sake of it.
AxStapleton
AxStapleton
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:46 pm

The mobility of the Asari characters like the Valkyrie is refreshing after playing Krogan for several matches. I've been learning how to survive in CQC (slowly), and mastering the nearly instant Asari sliding/dodging has been key for me. Rocket incoming? Slide and watch it fly by harmlessly. Little blue lasers lining up shots on your forehead? Slide behind cover. Brute preparing to charge? Olé! Liara

Still need to get a better sense of the Banshee's hug range though. It's super exciting to charge straight at one with a warp at the ready just waiting for your annihilation field to light it up. I just need to learn when to stop.

EDIT: Also, 20% speed boost (annihilation field) is a lot of fun.

Last edited by BlueLogic on Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:47 pm

A banshee sync killed me 5 seconds from extraction earlier. Bitch.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:26 pm

RavenEyry wrote:A banshee sync killed me 5 seconds from extraction earlier. Bitch.

Ugh, that's brutal. I only made 1 of 4 extractions yesterday myself, but none of those were so dramatic and painful to watch. Well, on one I went down with just a few seconds left. Shot in the back probably fifteen yards from the LZ as my squaddies returned fire on my behalf. Felt like that poor lady at the start of ME2 who doesn't make the escape pods.
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:21 pm

Rule #1 if you're new to multiplayer:

Do not hang around in the LZ when extracting. Stay on the other side of the map as long as possible, slowly work your way towards the LZ, then in the last 30 seconds or so, make a mad dash for it.

If you try holding the LZ, you'll get totally overrun.

I don't understand why people keep doing this... even more experienced players still do it sometimes.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:27 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:Rule #1 if you're new to multiplayer:

Do not hang around in the LZ when extracting. Stay on the other side of the map as long as possible, slowly work your way towards the LZ, then in the last 30 seconds or so, make a mad dash for it.

I don't understand why people keep doing this... even more experienced players still do it sometimes.

Happens every time...not only do they get swarmed, but they make it almost impossible to get back to LZ...
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:28 pm

Any good suggestions for maps/enemy types for working on over cover grabs?
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:58 pm

BlueLogic wrote:
RavenEyry wrote:A banshee sync killed me 5 seconds from extraction earlier. Bitch.

Ugh, that's brutal. I only made 1 of 4 extractions yesterday myself, but none of those were so dramatic and painful to watch. Well, on one I went down with just a few seconds left. Shot in the back probably fifteen yards from the LZ as my squaddies returned fire on my behalf. Felt like that poor lady at the start of ME2 who doesn't make the escape pods.

Thought i would have a similar experience recently. 15 seconds on extraction and we rush towards zone. I am the rear guard and suddenly a Banshee comes out of nowhere and magnet grabs me.

Thought I was done when another player reacts quick and places a missile in the Banshee's face allowing me to make the extraction with only a second to spare. Was epic.

Also playing Platinum or Gold while listening to I will not Bow - Breaking Benjamin Is just epic, double so if I play a Krogan.

Right now though I am mostly taking my Asari Valkyrie Sentinel for a spin. Recently unlocked her and I love every second. Tech Armor + that Biotic Distortion Aura thing + Disciple Shotgun + Warp = Time for some high explosive close quarter combat. Pulled through with top score last gold game.
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rankincountry Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:11 pm

I'm not sure this is always true - I find that on the London map, it's a lot easier to take cover in the LZ and hold out - I think it's to do with the shape of the map and also the cover near the LZ is good, and not overlooked from high positions. With Rio you need to be careful as well, because if no-one tries to hold the LZ it can get over-run while you're elsewhere making it tough to get to the shuttle.
Rankincountry
Rankincountry
Nemesis

Location : Sunny Valley Rest Home for Burnt-Out Gamers, Karpyshyn Ward

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adrianprice74

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:18 pm

I do try to slowly advance towards the extraction point, but if the rest of the team sprint there, I'm gonna follow.

Getting knocked out on the other side of the map is much worse.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:42 pm

Leave em to it.

I had a game on Reactor earlier. I was stood at the opposite end of the map to the extraction point with one other random. Two of the others ran straight to the LZ.

When they started falling, the other player with me ran back. I sat, ate popcorn and watched.

15 seconds left on the clock, I sauntered into the LZ, nuked it with a missile revived all three. I really should have left them down.
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:16 am

@Gecko: lol, yeah, you should have.

Rankincountry wrote:

I'm not sure this is always true - I find that on the London map, it's a lot easier to take cover in the LZ and hold out - I think it's to do with the shape of the map and also the cover near the LZ is good, and not overlooked from high positions. With Rio you need to be careful as well, because if no-one tries to hold the LZ it can get over-run while you're elsewhere making it tough to get to the shuttle.

No, seriously. The enemies always home in on where the players are. If you managed to hold out in the LZ in London then it was probably because there were 2 other players on the other side of the map distracting half of the enemies.

If you camp in LZ with 4 players for any considerable amount of time, you'll get absolutely swarmed on any map.

As for what you said about Rio - that's not possible. Enemies will not overrun an empty LZ. They will always home in on players, so if anything, having one player in LZ only increases your chances of having enemies around the LZ. The problem with Rio is that you might run into them halfway as you make your way to the LZ. That's why you save a missile for extraction wave. Wink
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:10 am

Doomsday has the truth of it. The enemies ALWAYS advance on the player. Staying in the LZ's (which are typically wide open to fireand approach from multiple angles) is a surefire way to get overrun and wiped out on anything other than Bronze.

The LZ's are deathtraps. If you want a successful extraction every time, bunker down somewhere well away from the LZ's, preferably with good cover and clear lines of sight, then rush back with 20 seconds to go.
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:02 am

Could you guys recommend a sturdy, bullet-sponge build with lots of survivability? I'm a bit of a clumsy oaf when it comes to MP, so something that can survive lots of damage would be great, even if it's not particularly spectacular at dishing out damage.
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by AxStapleton Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:08 pm

Eryri wrote:Could you guys recommend a sturdy, bullet-sponge build with lots of survivability? I'm a bit of a clumsy oaf when it comes to MP, so something that can survive lots of damage would be great, even if it's not particularly spectacular at dishing out damage.

A fairly common and effective class for your needs is the Krogan Sentinel speced for Health and Durability Tech Armour. Forget using incinerate because it isn't particularly needed for this class and make sure to spec Lift Grenades for damage (you're gonna love them :) ). Remember to load up with big guns because you don't need your cooldown. With the right mods, this can become a very forgiving class. Just watch out for the Banshee's hug.

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#Sentinel/Krogan/PALPR//////
AxStapleton
AxStapleton
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next