Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what will we do if IT is proven to be true.

+22
XXIceColdXX
Hanako Ikezawa
Rifneno
windsurfing
Terramine
lex0r
Davik Kang
noobcannon
dorktainian
hukbum
foster.jb82
DoomsdayDevice
JamesStone
DSharrah
invetro
Restrider
Charlie Sheen
magnetite
Ghost Of Kesak11
Andromidius
GethJuggernautMKII
shadoww6021
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

what will we do if IT is proven to be true. Empty what will we do if IT is proven to be true.

Post by shadoww6021 Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:40 am

So as the title suggests, what will do if (/when) indoctrination theory is proven correct. I know what will happen if it is proven incorrect (with a great many trolls) but what will we do when the opposite happens. There will be elation no doubt, and more gloating then you can poke a stick at. But when this wears off, will we simply disperse, and in a year’s time will IT simply be a happy memory in the back of our minds. Or perhaps we will stay in contact, still discussing things like moral implications of the endings, the future of mass effect, and perhaps another IT for the next character in ME4. I think we all should hope for the latter, but we won’t know until that day comes, if it comes.
shadoww6021
shadoww6021
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

what will we do if IT is proven to be true. Empty Re: what will we do if IT is proven to be true.

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:50 am

Do you know how hard it is these days to find a group willing to apply critical thinking to video games? I think this group will be around regardless of whether IT turns out to proven or not. There are so many great games and media to analyze out there. We'll really be onto something special if we keep doing what we do.
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

what will we do if IT is proven to be true. Empty Re: what will we do if IT is proven to be true.

Post by Andromidius Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:01 am

To be honest, I think if it was 'proven' as in outright said to be true, I'd be a little disappointed.

I like the mystery, and the 'what if' nature of the story as it is now. I'd like a bit more evidence, sure.

However, if it was done correctly I might change my tune. But it would have to be done REALLY well.
Andromidius
Andromidius
Admin

https://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Of Kesak11 Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:48 am

This is what I will do.
what will we do if IT is proven to be true. H054394DA
Ghost Of Kesak11
Ghost Of Kesak11
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by magnetite Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:55 am

Andromidius wrote:To be honest, I think if it was 'proven' as in outright said to be true, I'd be a little disappointed.

I agree with this. I like the mystery and such. If everything was spelled out for me that goes against Bioware's original plan for the game to have a story that people could talk about and create thought provoking discussions. If everything was spelled out regarding not just the ending, but everything, then that would go against their vision for the game.

Gotta love Mike's big grin in that video. He's teasing us.

Anyways, wake up scene is fine as well as actually defeating the Reapers, but don't spell out absolutely everything. Leave some mystery in there.

Other than that, I will storm the gates of the BSN and start taunting literalists saying "I told you so", as well as "Bioware indoctrinated you" over and over again until my throat is sore. Probably get banned in the process, but it'll be worth it.
magnetite
magnetite
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Sheen Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:10 am

If IT is proven true I will get whatever Mass Effect games come next. It would make or break the series for me.

I don't see how Mass Effect can continue its storyline in sequels without confirming or denying IT. I definitely don't expect it to always be unclear.
Charlie Sheen
Charlie Sheen
STG

Back to top Go down

Post by shadoww6021 Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:37 am

Drewton wrote:If IT is proven true I will get whatever Mass Effect games come next. It would make or break the series for me.

I don't see how Mass Effect can continue its storyline in sequels without confirming or denying IT. I definitely don't expect it to always be unclear.

yeah but that could end very badly for bioware, so they would have to be very careful about how they go about it. directly confirming IT will piss of hardcore fans and denying IT will also piss of harcore fans. they would have to be very subtle.
shadoww6021
shadoww6021
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by magnetite Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:30 am

What they've been doing up till now is fine, just don't go "Harbinger tried to indoctrinate me" when Shepard wakes up and his squadmates find him. That would be too obvious.
magnetite
magnetite
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by Restrider Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:54 am

Regardless of how it would turn out...
It would be my turn.
EDIT: And after that, some R&R:
what will we do if IT is proven to be true. Liara_dancing_by_hikaru_kuma-d5kx4xj
Restrider
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by invetro Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:24 am

I'll finally be able to stop playing, as silly as that sounds. I need to know, so I keep on replaying the entire trilogy looking for clues. Very time consuming.
invetro
invetro
Thorian Creeper

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChhncq2NBuQMAEJxxOcSBqA

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:15 pm

Get some popcorn and enjoy the show.

The fact that all of us came together to create this new home, makes it hard for me to believe that we'll just disperse...
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesStone Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:34 pm

Dance on my table first until it breaks, replay the whole trilogy again, and rub it hard in Brovikk Rasputin smug, jackass face.

After that, I'd stick around to keep interacting with you people. I've only very recently joined, but it's hard as hell to find a group of people civil enough to have an intelectual discussion without it all inevitably descending into Godwin's Law and "YOUR MOM" jokes, and the Escapist sometimes just isn't enough.
JamesStone
JamesStone
Pyjak

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:42 pm

I think this sums up perfectly what will happen in here, once the reveal drops:

DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by foster.jb82 Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:23 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:I think this sums up perfectly what will happen in here, once the reveal drops:

yep something like this

foster.jb82
Drone

Back to top Go down

Post by hukbum Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:30 pm

Nothing big. I'll just preoder the next game for trolling me for so long Grin
hukbum
hukbum
Abomination

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:16 pm

i suspect many on here (myself included) will go out of their ways to troll Seivel & all the other red banana muppets.
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by noobcannon Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:02 pm

dork wrote:i suspect many on here (myself included) will go out of their ways to troll Seivel & all the other red banana muppets.

i will be trolliing seival, hanar, birdsallsa, wulf, and eterna5 for a very very very very long time. i will also throw every single ridiculous post they've made at me right back in their face

for your reading pleasure:

shodiswe wrote...
As far as I know it's just a delusion of the IT cult. Not an actual ending.
Unless one of them managed to mak a mod for it.

shodiswe wrote...
I know that it´s a bunch of people looking for crazy symbolism to confirm a set of "prefered" convictions. If you look for a face on a sheet of paper with a lot ofrandom dots then you will find it. If you want to see things that are off to prove that something is a dream then it´s easy to find gfx glitches or reused textures that don´t mesh well and use that to convince yourself that it just a dream, or what ever you´re looking for.
As for the cult part, the way the IT people behave says it all.
To sum it up, The endings hurts so they look for easier to accept answers that hurt less. I don't feel like bringing it up in detail again. Let's just say I think it belongs in the garbage can like most religious delusions and cults and crap on this planet thats populated by a very disturbed and easily manipulated people, who actualy invites delusions because they might hurt less than reality. Sheep for the slaughter.
I really didn't like the original ending and the EC only made it slightly better but I don´t view the IT as a solution to anything.
That said, the Marauder shield comic is well made and entertaining. It's actualy good art in it self.
EDIT:
What i´m saying is I don´t like looking for obscure symbolism, sugestion or otherwise and call it truth. While wild speculations can be entertaining. As long as people don´t read too seriously into it and recognize it for what it is.

Heretic_Hanar wrote...
The indoctrination theory isn't an actual ending, it's just an interpretation from a bunch of fans who can't accept that BioWare just screwed up.
Also, IT threads are no longer allowed on the ME3 forum. You can discuss the IT in the IT group.

Eterna5 wrote...
Nope. It's a fan made theory that Bioware does not support.

Heretic_Hanar wrote...
Well, whether you like this Ed Wood stuff that BioWare came up with in ME3 or not, at least we can all agree that the IT is bogus and doesn't belong in the ME3 forum.

Seival wrote...
IT is not an option... never was, and never will be.

ZajoE38 wrote...
OP, it's just wishful thinking of the IT cultists. It's not real ending. Learn to live with it, or uninstall the game.

ZajoE38 wrote...
I studied indoctrination theory in to the LAST DETAIL my friend. I was it's one of the biggest fans. Then I've seen through it.. someting didn't add up. I do know what I am takling about. IT is nothing more than mix of selective memory, irrelevant leads, dogma, superstition, mass hysteria and backfire effect. Combine these things and people are willing to believe everything.. even the end of the world that of course was a delusion and it didn't happed :)

SU37 wrote...

Would you people get over this Indoctrination Theory garbage? Seriously.

It's old and not true.

BirdsallSa wrote...

Haven't you heard the mod's warnings? Or are you intentionally trying to defy Bioware? The Indoctrination Theory is to be discussed in groups. Or you can go join the cult's web forum if you need to discuss it so much. But, don't taint the bsn with this nonsense. The ending is perfect just the way it is and doesn't need some run of the mill twist.

Seival wrote...

Absurd. And IT related... Reported.

AdmiralCheez wrote...
OH BOY LOOK HOW EMOTIONAL THIS IS. LOOK HOW WE ARE HUMANIZING SHEPARD AND GIVING HER CHARACTER DEPTH. GEE, DON'T YOU FEEL SAD? ISN'T THIS GAME DEEP?
That's why. But still, in my headcanon, Shep's indoctrinated. I'm not an ITer because it's pretty obvious that Bioware didn't intend to make it that way.

in it for the lolz wrote...
Hey Mods, can we get a lockdown on this IT troll thread please?

Auld Wulf wrote...
So what you're saying here is, basically, one picks Destroy for one of three reasons.
1.) One is an insatiable paranoid who believes everything related to the reapers is irredeemably evil.
2.) One is a monster who loves nothing more than revelling in genocide and similar atrocities.
3.) One chooses Destroy out of spite because they hate the story/theme of the game.
Okay then. I can't say that surprises me a lot. I'd not call that 'rational' at all, though, I'd call that exceedingly emotional and irrational.

BirdsallSa wrote...
Thank you Wulf. Anyone who takes a long hard look at the game will see that Destroy is clearly not the best ending, nor was it ever intended to be.

Solaxe wrote...
You mean this ridiculous Overthinking... ops I'm sorry INDOCTRINATION Theory...? Don't make me laugh. It was made up by desperate fans.

MegumiAzusa wrote...
BirdsallSa wrote...
Looks like the whole gang is here. Too bad this thread is heading towards lockdown. Look, I've got as much respect for a half baked fan fiction as the next guy, but why don't you guys take your little conspiracy where it belongs, to group chat or to your clubhouse, because this forum is for people who actually like the game and its themes. It's for people who appreciate the magnificent way Bioware ended the trilogy without resorting to headcanoning nonsense.
Someone should ban them already, they only always cause the threads they post in to stumble into being an IT thread and thus getting locked. They don't abide to the rules, can't imagine why they are still here. Especially as they always say how much they hate this place.

spotlessvoid wrote...
ITers need to be purged from the bsn. They're a dangerous splinter cell and should not be allowed to spout their conspiracy ramblings at the cost of bringing down the highest standards to which the BSN holds itself. Twist endings, authorial intent, foreshadowing...I mean who talks like that? Weirdos, that's who.

spotlessvoid wrote...
How many times does a community manager have to tell them no more ending content before they believe it. What, do they want an actual developer to say it? Those guys are busy and don't have time for such silly nonsense. Stargazer scene is the end of the game and that's final. Get over it. Shepard is immune to indoctrination because his willpower is unbreakable. He's just suffering from PTSD. So go away you crazies.

Official DJ Harbinger wrote...
OP be trollin'
Cue the wave of butthurt from the IT Fanatics.

Birdsallsa wrote...
A good post is usually its own reward, but hearing praise from lineholder and Turianrebel was really a shot in the arm. Things like that help push me to the limit. But this thread has made me realize that my posting ability has no limit.
When I first came to the BSN, things were in shambles. That's when I proved Thessia was a great mission. Soon after I made a name for myself by defending Kai Leng. I really cemented my legacy by legitimizing the Intelligence and demanding respect for him among the community. I showed why Kai Leng is one of the great villains of our generation, and if Harbinger was going to be abandoned, there was no better man for the job.
Now, once and for all I've disproven the IT. There's not much left for me to do in my career here on the BSN. I guess what I'm looking for now is a sense of direction on the forum.

BirdsallSa wrote...
The IT cult has no facts, it's just a bunch of conspiracy theory mumbo jumbo. So you self-entitled destroyers can keep on whining, because the tried and true Bioware fans, the synthesizers and the controllers, aren't going away just because you go crying on a couple threads.

noobcannon
noobcannon
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Davik Kang Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:42 am

yeah that spotlessvoid guy is definitely a closed-minded IT-hating nut.

as for PLFranke (BirdsallSa) is he trolling or serious? I genuinely cannot tell.
Davik Kang
Davik Kang
Mercenary

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:53 am

Davik Kang wrote:yeah that spotlessvoid guy is definitely a closed-minded IT-hating nut.

Sarcasm meter. Broken. Spot has been with us in the trenches since day one, and still is. Laughing

He does genius parodies of IT-hating literalists.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by lex0r Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:49 am

DoomsdayDevice wrote:I think this sums up perfectly what will happen in here, once the reveal drops:

Yeah. I just imagine a bunch of us in a room.

The chaos would be unimaginable. I mean, just thi...

*starts to dance randomly on the ceiling*
lex0r
lex0r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:45 am

I was never on BSN so I will not troll all those people, however there is a MojaveMilkman guy who was on YouTube that made a blog on the Wiki claiming to disprove IT by using me and his discussion. In reality he just took things out of context and trolled me.

Now I could ignore all that, but what pushes me over the edge is he hides within the safety of the Wiki where his friends join in on the trolling. So I'd like to metaphorically kick him in the balls.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by windsurfing Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:51 am

Nothing really, just that I can say Bioware got themselves out of shit hole they created by handling their daring stunt in a poor way. What they have done so far is definitely 3rd rate handling of the matter, I can already think of how I would do this differently if I.T was the real intent.

They will excuse themselves as being the first and inexperienced at this sort of stuff.

But even then some things can use a dose of common sense which seems to be lacking in their PR skills.
windsurfing
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:39 am

windsurfing wrote:Nothing really, just that I can say Bioware got themselves out of shit hole they created by handling their daring stunt in a poor way. What they have done so far is definitely 3rd rate handling of the matter, I can already think of how I would do this differently if I.T was the real intent.

They will excuse themselves as being the first and inexperienced at this sort of stuff.

But even then some things can use a dose of common sense which seems to be lacking in their PR skills.
Yeah but excusing the rest of that with rushed release makes way more sense than bad writing being caused by rushed release when it comes to Bioware.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by windsurfing Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:30 am

IronicParticle wrote:
Yeah but excusing the rest of that with rushed release makes way more sense than bad writing being caused by rushed release when it comes to Bioware.

That they can but I was moslty focusing about how they are handling the BSN administration debacle and general PR with regards to the whole I.T brouhaha
windsurfing
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by noobcannon Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:38 am

so i've continued collecting IT bashing/trolling over the last year or two and happened to read through them all recently. the usual suspects are still here but also some new haters. here are some of my favorites. enjoy.

Beliar86 wrote...
I don't understand the level of delusional you have to be to actually believe some garbage fan fiction is real. A cute little hope of rewriting the ending, but nothing more, really. And personally I think it's a good thing, as lackluster as the ending was IT would have been a worse ending. Such horrid storytelling it would be.
That said it's a harmless delusion I suppose.

iamzer0xx wrote...
IT theory again? The lengths some people go to help themselves sleep at night. This is beyond obsession. How arrogant and stubborn do you have to be to try and convince others that the ending you liked is the real ending.
Yeah I chose synthesis, got a problem with that? Bite me.

Gangnam Style wrote...
i cannot believe that people cling onto the IT

TJBartlemus wrote...
IT threads are restricted to group use remember? That includes Pro and/or Anti IT threads. So...reported.

mosesarose wrote...
Of course not, IT'ers couldn't cope with the reality of the endings so they convinced themselves the endings were actually more complex than they actually were. But the fact was and still is IT is a bunch of fan made mumbo jumbo.

Han Shot First wrote...
Indoctrination Theory died the moment the Extended Cut was released. Not everyone recognized it of course, and many people lingered on in denial, but it was well and truly dead.

Heretic_Hanar wrote...
SwobyJ wrote...
IT is almost here!!!
Ohhhhhh the sweet butthurt we'll see from the ITers when the Citadel DLC is released. It will be GLORIOUS!

arial wrote...
1) it was not a direct hit, it was actually a near miss.
2) Harbinger does not say "Serve us" it is the exact same Sound Effect ever Reaper has made, it is a stock Sound Effect from the base game.
There is a Psychological study that basically says when someone wants to believe something, they will make things up to convince themselves, that is what IT was... ahhh, Introduction to Psychology...

Heretic_Hanar wrote...
IT was already dead the day it was brought up.
Just give it up already. Why can't you accept that these b-grade writers perhaps kinda screwed up, and then move on and continue with your life? -_-;

Kataphrut94 wrote...

Object Rho is kind of discounted on account of it being optional. I mean, I never played Arrival, why should my Shepard be lumped in with the IT nutjobs?

Steelcan wrote...

obviously they aren't gonna deny it because we are all gonna find out how ME3 is actually just an alternate dimension that was brought about through time travel.

Paraphrased from the crazy section of the crazies on the IT forum

ImaginaryMatter wrote...

Shepard isn't experiencing any known signs of Indoctrination; no headaches, ringing in the ears, paranoia, hallucinations, or voices. The dreams experienced by those exposed to Object Rho are different than any of the dreams Shepard has had.

Rotward wrote...

Why does this thread still exist. The only indoctrinated people are the followers of the IT theory. Were it accurate, the extended cut would have included confirmation.

/less trollish comment time

Shepard's story is over. If indoctrination were really an issue, bioware could build a whole new game around that. Unless shepard ends up somehow incarnating as the villain in the next game, IT is just a fun what-if scenario.
Vicious wrote...

indeed, people fanfic like crazy with the EC slides. Synthesis is the best ending for the galaxy, fitting it's place as the hardest one to get. Destroy is the worst and completely pointless if you have other options. Don't try to fanfic past that, 'synthesis removes diversity' blahblah. Endings slides don't say it, it didn't happen.

There was a reference back in ME2 of how much easier it would be if all the races just had the same DNA. Spoken by a Turian, no less.

davishepard wrote...

They don't need to deny this crap theory. Anyone that still believes it after EC and Leviathan is pitiful, to say the least.
IT was undestandable before the EC, in response to the not-so-good endings, being a mean to deny everything that happened. That is not the case anymore.

shodiswe wrote...

And no, no IT please, there is a reason all IT threads got locked down, it was horrible and it's supporters were very intolerant of other views.

I just want something new.

noobcannon
noobcannon
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next