Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leviathan-Related Hypothesis - Need help to prove or disprove!

3 posters

Go down

Leviathan-Related Hypothesis - Need help to prove or disprove! Empty Leviathan-Related Hypothesis - Need help to prove or disprove!

Post by Rankincountry Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:38 pm

A week or two back I played through Leviathan for the second time. Now, I think that I've noticed something of significance, but I may be wrong. But it's going to take someone with more skills at analysing videos than me to prove or disprove it. If I'm being honest, I think this is a long shot, but here goes.

I'm going to start at the end. Here's the Destroy ending, showing the red wave of energy from the Crucible propagating through the mass relays. It's well-known that in the "galaxy map" sequence shown here, the wave actually appears to originate from the Apien Crest rather than the Local Cluster - in fact, I don't think we see the beam go anywhere near Sol. Sloppy mistake, or significant? Who knows.

Next I'm going to jump to Shepard's confrontation with Leviathan. To be precise, the point where Leviathan says, "You cannot conceive of a galaxy that bends to your will." At the same moment, a diagram resembling a galaxy map with propagating lines connecting points on it appears over Shepard's head.

Now, my hypothesis is this: that the propagating lines on Leviathan's map resemble the pattern followed by the Crucible energy wave in the ME3 ending sequences. Why might this make any sort of sense? Well, we know that fake Garneau looks away furtively when Shepard asks about the Crucible. So - this might fit the idea that the Crucible is not a Reaper trap, but a Leviathan trap.

Here's a very crude analysis that I've done. It includes some educated guesses as to which systems the Crucible wave passes through. These might well be wrong so please do correct me. It's as far as I can get and I'd love for someone to do a proper job. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. If I'm right, this has all sorts of implications. :*tinfoil*: Gasp

Leviathan-Related Hypothesis - Need help to prove or disprove! Me3mapsketch

Leviathan-Related Hypothesis - Need help to prove or disprove! Me3mapsketch2
Rankincountry
Rankincountry
Nemesis

Location : Sunny Valley Rest Home for Burnt-Out Gamers, Karpyshyn Ward

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adrianprice74

Back to top Go down

Leviathan-Related Hypothesis - Need help to prove or disprove! Empty Re: Leviathan-Related Hypothesis - Need help to prove or disprove!

Post by DoomsdayDevice Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:53 am

No, I don't think these two patterns are in any way similar.

That said, you could still be on to something.

I think we're simply looking at a different set of relays.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Leviathan-Related Hypothesis - Need help to prove or disprove! Empty Re: Leviathan-Related Hypothesis - Need help to prove or disprove!

Post by Rankincountry Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:23 am

DoomsdayDevice wrote:No, I don't think these two patterns are in any way similar.

That said, you could still be on to something.

I think we're simply looking at a different set of relays.

I think you're probably right - this is why I wanted someone else to have a look though. It's an appealing idea so I think there was some confirmation bias at work in my head hehe.
Rankincountry
Rankincountry
Nemesis

Location : Sunny Valley Rest Home for Burnt-Out Gamers, Karpyshyn Ward

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adrianprice74

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:24 am

Don't think that they are similar enough that you can draw any conclusions...but is still interesting concept to mull over. Perhaps the galactic map that the Levi shows you has some other significance...perhaps those are the planets that the Leviathans still have a prescence?

Otherwise I do agree that the Crucible may indeed be a Leviathan construct rather than a Reaper construct - but that doesn't mean that there isn't some form of manipulation from the Reaper's. Perhaps, the Leviathans have more to do with the splinter group that wants to control the Reapers...

Whatever Current Cycle is adds what is necessary to destroy?

Leviathan influenced group adds what is necessary to control? (destined to fail, b/c Reaper's understand the nature of control all to well)

Reapers influenced group adds what is necessary to synthesize?

So in essence, a device that is a "trap" of both the Reapers and the Leviathans...but also the one thing that still provides hope - given the avatar can see through the BS and pick destroy.
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down