Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Response from Ninja Stan

+5
CoolioThane
AxStapleton
Argolas
RavenEyry
vitae-vixi
9 posters

Go down

Response from Ninja Stan Empty Response from Ninja Stan

Post by vitae-vixi Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:09 am

Firstly, Hello! First post here and everything!

Anyway, a little while ago a thread of mine was closed on the BSN - I queried Ninja Stan on it, here's the result. Perhaps it'll give you some amusement!

vitae-vixi
07:20 PM 2013-02-04
I don't really know what constitutes as taboo any more on these forums, it's got so ridiculous - so I'll just ask this question / point this out.

You closed a thread of mine a few days ago called -

"Indoctrination? Mind Reading? Explanation for the catalyst's form?"

In which was discussed several different hypothesis, one of which was indoctrination, but that took a only a small number of posts. Many were leaning towards a general mind reading explanation or a cybernetic one.

In fact "Indoctrination Theory" was alluded to only in amongst a sensible discussion and "Indoctrination" as a subject is a valid part of the game, should we not even mention a part of the games' lore?

Did you just read the title which only mentioned indoctrination as a concept not the theory and decide to lock it without even reading the contents?

Regards

Vixi

Ninja Stan
07:50 PM 2013-02-04
>>should we not even mention a part of the games' lore?<<
There is nothing wrong with discussing indoctrination as part of the game's lore. IT discussion, however, should be relegated to Groups. If an IT-er creates a thread discussing the game's ending and offers IT as not just one of the options but as his contributions to the discussion, then it's kind of disingenuous of him to create such a thread. It is a sneaky way to try and bypass the prohibition on IT discussion.

>>Did you just read the title which only mentioned indoctrination as a concept not the theory and decide to lock it without even reading the contents?<<
No, I did not. The thread was reported as a sneaky way to bypass the ban on IT discussion, and after doing some research, I agreed.

vitae-vixi
11:58 PM 2013-02-22
Late reply. Life gets in the way.

Hmm. I see. It wasn't my intention to be sneaky or disingenuous, nor was it an attempt to get past Bioware's censorship. Everything censored has been discussed ad infinitum anyway.

Oh well, I've discovered MEHEM. Which makes me a lot happier and doesn't have any IT in it! Glorious! *skips off into the ether*. Doesn't make me fickle does it? XD

Ciao! Have a veritably productive evening, or erm, day? It's almost midnight here so...

----------

Apparently I was researched - and because I'm an IT supporter I can't mention indoctrination & all judgments are against me XD I'm such a sneaky disingenuous person!

It really was a serious thread! No

vitae-vixi
Drone

Back to top Go down

Response from Ninja Stan Empty Re: Response from Ninja Stan

Post by RavenEyry Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:23 am

Not the first time this has happened sadly. He locked a thread that never even used the word 'indoctrination' but was started by a regular here so it MUST have been a sneaky way to bypass the rules.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Argolas Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:31 am

RavenEyry wrote:Not the first time this has happened sadly. He locked a thread that never even used the word 'indoctrination' but was started by a regular here so it MUST have been a sneaky way to bypass the rules.

Of course. Reapers can be trusted, but ITers? Never.
Argolas
Argolas
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by AxStapleton Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:46 am

I bet if I made a topic on anything random, all someone would have to ddo is mention the fact I'm an ITer just to get the thread locked. They treat us like the bloody plague. Which is fresh considering the amount of shit that comes out of those forums. Maybe we should be thanking them, lol.
AxStapleton
AxStapleton
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:23 am

Im going to start a thread see what happens
CoolioThane
CoolioThane
Space Cow

http://www.achievementhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:35 am

CoolioThane
CoolioThane
Space Cow

http://www.achievementhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davik Kang Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:24 pm

Hi vitae-vixi, I asked the same questions of Ninja Stan, and got the following back:

Response from Ninja Stan NP7buGP[img][/img]Response from Ninja Stan OHOWjdw[img][/img]Response from Ninja Stan D2WkX30[img][/img]Response from Ninja Stan S0FNCTe[img][/img]Response from Ninja Stan EUUvaWc

Basically they blacklisted anyone remotely IT-based and banned threads on a whim if anyone complained.

In other words, completely turned their back on the IT guys and then twisted the knife a little.
Davik Kang
Davik Kang
Mercenary

Back to top Go down

Post by AxStapleton Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:05 am

@ Coolio Wayning Star is such a moron.

Wayning star wrote:

MY Shep is imperivous to indoctrination.

When someone just said you wouldn't know when you've lost to Indoctrination. /facepalm
AxStapleton
AxStapleton
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Argolas Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:20 am

AxStapleton wrote:@ Coolio Wayning Star is such a moron.

Wayning star wrote:

MY Shep is imperivous to indoctrination.

When someone just said you wouldn't know when you've lost to Indoctrination. /facepalm

Yeah, that was me Magic!
Argolas
Argolas
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by hukbum Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:46 pm

Ok, I've been defending the MODs at some points but this is out of the line.
I'm starting to wonder if one of the ITer has a dark secret. Something like eating CPs last Doughnut ...
hukbum
hukbum
Abomination

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:40 pm

Just one more reason not to go back to BSN...
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by vitae-vixi Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:21 pm

Wow, that was a long exchange between you and Ninja Stan, Davik!

I'm glad you brought that up with him though, I don't have the balls to argue with the mods like that XD;;;

Also lol at the thread and the "sneaky" and "disingenuous" indoctrination reference in there. Bets on how long the thread lasts?

Also Wayning_Star - Starbrat

vitae-vixi
Drone

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:42 am

Ninja Stan is still a complete toady and a tool.

But at least he admits it, and pretty much points all the blame at Chris Priestly.

Honestly I think such information should be passed to the line to their bosses. Because its unacceptable and unprofessional behaviour.
Andromidius
Andromidius
Admin

https://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Davik Kang Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:22 pm

vitae-vixi wrote:Wow, that was a long exchange between you and Ninja Stan, Davik!

I'm glad you brought that up with him though, I don't have the balls to argue with the mods like that XD;;;
I figured I might get banned but seeing as how I can't talk about the stuff that interests me about ME3 anymore, banning isn't much of a threat. There's little to do now on BSN except 1: make stupid jokes, and 2: marvel at the inability of various posters to discuss things without resorting to petulance and nonsense.

Their unprofessional responses to the whole thing just show that they basically don't care. Now I know they're just moderators and community managers, but they still represent Bioware, and I think it's pretty sad for them to turn their backs on a section of their fanbase in this way. Especially when the guys who complain about IT-related threads are generally very rude, and some don't actually make any contributions to the site whatsoever other than to complain and whine about the games.
Davik Kang
Davik Kang
Mercenary

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down