Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

End of Trilogy Tribute

3 posters

Go down

End of Trilogy Tribute Empty End of Trilogy Tribute

Post by Guest Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:01 am

We're almost done. Two more days, and we'll see the end of the Mass Effect trilogy, for better or for worse. I wanted to share some messages with you, but not with a speech or essay or vlog, but with content from the game itself.

Have hope, and know that the Reapers are doomed, not us.

1. Vengence - "No! You sacrificed us for your lust for control! ... We'll take our chances ... Let's hurt them, give them hell. We need to put it right. We're gonna win this thing ... I need to stop the Reapers." - a perfect Renegade message

2. Hope - "Shepard, what kind of friend would I be if I didn't back you now? ... The name Shepard, will mean hero! ... I know it's hard to see, but this is only temporary. There's always hope - its how we got this far ... We're in this together." - a perfect Paragon message

3. Until the End - "Your crew has done things no one would even try - simply because you asked them to ... I look at my world, this picture of hope and peace, you can do this, I know you can. Whatever the galaxy throws at us, I'll be at your side ... You're not alone in this fight. Take strength from that ... You don't have to take this all on yourself. Look to your crew, to the talented people fighting by your side ... This bond that ties us together is something the Reapers will never understand. ... You did good child, you did good ... I'd be an awfully empty galaxy without you. May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead." - the end of the Mass Effect trilogy... for everyone.

This is it, isn't it.

Back to top Go down

End of Trilogy Tribute Empty Re: End of Trilogy Tribute

Post by Guest Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:06 am

What does ''May you be in heaven a full half hour before the devil knows you're dead.'' mean?

Ye be right Lass, ti's indeed an Irish quip. But, its rooted in Christian lore. For the devil to take your soul whilst you are living, you have to give it to him willingly. From the time you die till ye are in sacred ground interred, your unprotected soul is fair game. Tis why no body is left unprotected by a most trusted friend e'en though the night without repose. A seconds faltering or the invitation in to the those of evil will give the devil his due. Go ye to an Irish wake and try to catch the night watchman asleep at his task. Verily it can't be done. Once the body is encrypted in sacred ground, the devil is deprived of any further opportunity to secure the dead man's soul. The saying says, may you be safely in heaven, buried in sacred ground, before the devil has his last chance to claim your soul.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:44 am

SwobyJ wrote:
What does ''May you be in heaven a full half hour before the devil knows you're dead.'' mean?

Ye be right Lass, ti's indeed an Irish quip. But, its rooted in Christian lore. For the devil to take your soul whilst you are living, you have to give it to him willingly. From the time you die till ye are in sacred ground interred, your unprotected soul is fair game. Tis why no body is left unprotected by a most trusted friend e'en though the night without repose. A seconds faltering or the invitation in to the those of evil will give the devil his due. Go ye to an Irish wake and try to catch the night watchman asleep at his task. Verily it can't be done. Once the body is encrypted in sacred ground, the devil is deprived of any further opportunity to secure the dead man's soul. The saying says, may you be safely in heaven, buried in sacred ground, before the devil has his last chance to claim your soul.

WOW.

That's really all I can add. I didn't think anything of that, and its the last thing Garrus says in the FOB isn't it?
Andromidius
Andromidius
Admin

https://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:01 am

(Femshep romance with Garrus, variations based on Paragon choice, genophage cured)

Garrus: Shepard. So, I guess this is...

Shepard: Just like old times?

G: *discomfort* Might be the last chance we get to say that.

S: You think we're gonna lose?

G: No, I think we're about to kick the Reapers back into whatever black whole they climbed out of.
Then, we're going to retire somewhere warm and tropical and live off the royalties from the vids.
Maybe even find out what a turian-human baby looks like. (NOTE: Ew.)

'It's worth a try'

S: *laughs* I'm game. Though I think adoption's a better idea - biology might not be cooperate.

G: Hmm.. I suppose there will be a lot of little krogan around soon.

S: *sigh* We just have to beat the Reapers first.

G: James told me there's an old saying here on Earth - "May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead."
Not sure if turian heaven is the same as yours, but if this thing does sideways and we both end up there, meet me at the bar. I'm buying.

'No one's dying'

S: We're a team Garrus. There's no Shepard without Vakarian, so you better remember to duck. (NOTE: Beam run?)

G: Sorry, turians don't know how. But I'll improvise.
And Shepard..
Forgive the insubordination, but your boyfriend has an order for you.
Come back alive. It'd be an awfully empty galaxy without you.

*Paragon Interrupt*

S: *kiss* Goodbye Garrus. And if I'm up there in that bar and you're not, I'll be looking down. You'll never be alone.

G: *hesitates* ..Never.

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:34 pm

*goosebumps*
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:35 pm

End of Trilogy Tribute RiseShepard_zps8738b073
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:20 pm

RISEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

"I know a thing or two about killing Reapers." -Official Trailer
"Tell your friends we're comin' for them."

LET'S DO IT.

*picks up toy ship* *looks at Ashley* *looks at husks with determined face*

*Takes Earth Back*

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:38 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:*goosebumps*
Whew! Goosebumps indeed!
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:36 am

God bless us everyone
We're a broken people living under loaded gun
And it can't be out fought, it can't be outdone
It can't outmatched, it can't be outrun, no

God bless us everyone

And when I close my eyes tonight
To symphonies of blinding light

God bless everyone

Like memories in cold decay
Transmissions echoing away
Far from the world of you and I
Where oceans bleed into the sky

God save us everyone
When we burn inside the fires of a thousand suns
For the sins of our hand, the sins of our tongue
The sins of our father, the sins of our young, no

God save us everyone
When we burn inside the fires of a thousand suns
For the sins of our hand, the sins of our tongue
The sins of our father, the sins of our young, no

And when I close my eyes tonight
To symphonies of blinding light
God save us everyone
When we burn inside the fires of a thousand suns, oh

Lift me up, let me go
Lift me up, let me go
Lift me up, let me go
Lift me up, let me go

Lift me up, let me go
Lift me up, let me go
Lift me up, let me go
Lift me up, let me go

Lift me up, let me go
Lift me up, let me go
(And it can't be out fought, it can't be outdone)
(It can't outmatched, it can't be outrun, no)
Lift me up, let me go

God bless us everyone

Lift me up, let me go
(God bless us everyone)
(We're a broken people living under loaded gun)
Lift me up, let me go
(And it can't be out fought, it can't be outdone)
(It can't outmatched, it can't be outrun, no)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:46 am

http://www.linkinpark.com/forum/topics/what-is-the-meaning-of-the

I think that the meaning of this song... is that the "catalyst" is no one...is everyone, we have been the catalyst to all of the happenings in this world... God is not the catalyst, but the only one that can 'neutralize' the effect of the catalyst(s). Since the lyrics say "Will we burn inside the fires of a thousand suns?..." and then it says "No" ... I guess implying some sort of hope in God. I just heard this song 5minutes ago... so idk....

The Catalyst is us.. we are the inner rising consciousness that is awakening..
Meaning: We are citizen living in dangerous times, ruled by people who want dont want us to peer thru the veil and seek truth.
The band is talking about the cosmic changes that stem from the heart of our solar system. Waves of energy that are re-writing our DNA and increasing our evolutionary process. And we are at the brink of that transformation... and the oceans will bleed into the sky.. we will become a collective consciousness. There is no line on the horizon.

Second, I'm surprised by the fact that no one has brought up the fact that the word "NO!" does not appear at the end of this song. Does it not seem strange that a word sounded so strongly throughout the song fails to resound one last time in final defiance to those who would seek to control or destroy us? Is this a subtle admittance by Linkin Park that we can scream and shout all we want, but it's ultimately futile? NO! In fact, I believe that this is a brilliant and perfectly executed lyrical nuance. Does it not feel right to shout "NO!" one more time, and that the song is somehow incomplete without it? I know I've added it on the end several times myself. In the end, to truly affect change, it cannot simply be Linkin Park saying "NO!" It is us who must take up the call. They have left the song open and allowed us to finish it. We have been given the final word in this song, and it will be up to us to use it against those who would seek to endanger and control our future. NO!

This song has relevance to many things, but in essence, I believe it is about nuclear weapons as stated above. However I think the song also makes specific references to the dropping of nuclear bombs on Japan.

"And when I close my eyes tonight,
Two symphonies of blinding light!"

I heard it as "two symphonies." While we slept, in Hiroshima and Nagasaki the bomb went off. Perhaps this is supposed to be the idea of being responsible for the deaths of so many haunting the nightmares of people like Oppenheimer, whose quote about the bomb appears in the intro to the album: "I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."

"Far from the world of you and I,
Where oceans bleed into the sky!"

Japan was far from the US, so the effect we were having on them by dropping the nuke was a distant concept, happening in a "land far away" far out in the ocean.

"For the sins of our hands,
The sins of our tongues,
The sins of our fathers,
The sins of our young."

The people who were killed in Hiroshima and Nagasaki were not directly responsible for the war; they were mostly civilians. They were being punished for the "sins" of others.
I think there are many other references to nuclear weapons, and the way the world has changed after the fear that they bring.

I think, described in a short way, it's about the human race the destroying itself and realizing that something has to be done about this. But there's so much more in this song

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:30 pm

One more DAY!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down