Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC)

+50
Hanako Ikezawa
MovieMachine
demersel
CSSteele
DaniSaur
BansheeOwnage
Soul8lighter
Home run MF
GethJuggernautMKII
SZKSYPCZE
Jusseb
CmdrShep80
shadoww6021
invetro
Lombus
ElSuperGecko
AxStapleton
ViolentSound
stargate1990
ZerebusPrime
Cyberfrog
Eryri
dorktainian
FFZero
Restrider
Jarrod_L
MaximizedAction
Raistlin Majere
Hrothdane
OneWithTheAssassins
noobcannon
BleedingUranium
HYR 2.1
Terramine
spotlessvoid
Andromidius
Rifneno
HomesV500
DSharrah
Vibez
Pascal219
401 Kill
domxeno
lex0r
foster.jb82
Humakt
BlueLogic
Ghost Of Kesak11
Charlie Sheen
DoomsdayDevice
54 posters

Page 8 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC) - Page 8 Empty Re: I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC)

Post by Rifneno Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:42 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:
How can Bioware tease us with lines about Jack getting Shep out of the rubble and then never follow up on it?

I don't know. They did though.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC) - Page 8 Empty Re: I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC)

Post by DoomsdayDevice Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:49 pm

CmdrShep80 wrote:Feel free to repost some of the things I've been posting in the main thread here too

Could you post the TV find? It was creepy!
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Humakt Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:02 am

The hidden gift boxes are most curious. There's even one in the archives. Hidden behind shelves.
Humakt
Humakt
Nightmare

http://www.celestialheavens.com/thundermaps/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:19 am

DoomsdayDevice wrote:
CmdrShep80 wrote:Feel free to repost some of the things I've been posting in the main thread here too

what TV find?!

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:33 am

MassEffectFshep wrote:
DoomsdayDevice wrote:

what TV find?!

Found it:

CmdrShep80 wrote:Can i ask something? Why in Anderson's apartment does the other TV have a static image of:

I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC) - Page 8 Massef12

It's the same FOB that Anderson starts to speak to you from when you first walk in:

I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC) - Page 8 Dwm_2011

Is it trying to say that you're hallucinating?

CmdrShep80 wrote:Sorry about the pics but just odd...Why whould Anderson have poor reception on a gigantic TV in a really nice posh apartment? Then again, why is this TV still viewing the FOB? Anderson's in London? There's no reason for this TV even to connect to the FOB? Even the lil red light on the bottom right of the TV is on (like a TV on standby or turned off instead of a lil green light for a TV on)

I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC) - Page 8 Massef24 I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC) - Page 8 Massef23 I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC) - Page 8 Massef21

edit - used a better picture set

CmdrShep80 wrote:Ok to do the TV thing one more time because I think you all need to see this.

1 - I just started citadel so I'm not too far in.

TV #1 by the entrance door:
I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC) - Page 8 Wmplay13
Where we see Anderson via supposively QEC. Shepard actually blocks the light to tell us if the TV is on or off most of the conversation except for this shot. Notice the TV is actually off, red light lit

TV#2 at the bar:
I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC) - Page 8 Massef26
Where we see a static filled FOB image (this is still early on keep in mind I haven't left the apartment yet). The TV is also off. The red light is lit

TV#3 Part 1 near the communications terminal:
I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC) - Page 8 Wmplay11
ANN Interview with Anderson, notice the clarity of the image and notice the lil blue light signifying the TV is on

TV#3 Part 2 same TV near the communications terminal:
I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC) - Page 8 Wmplay12
TV is now off. Notice the lil light is now red not blue signifying it is off.

This is all in the first few minutes of Citadel (I'm just taking my time exploring away. @Fur see I told ya staring at TVs pay off =P)

Edit - to add, all of the images with Anderson and with the FOB isn't happening. It's not real. Also in the ANN interview (will be in next post more: Kalisah Al-Jilani: Today the Admiral is on Earth, leading the defense of our home against the Reapers. We have no communication with him or any soldiers on Earth.

CmdrShep80 wrote:

DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedingUranium Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:28 am

The light on the TV is likely tied to the player pressing "A" on it, thus will always appear to be off if it's always on.
BleedingUranium
BleedingUranium
Thresher Maw

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:01 am

CmdrShep80 wrote:...
Edit - to add, all of the images with Anderson and with the FOB isn't happening. It's not real. Also in the ANN interview (will be in next post more: Kalisah Al-Jilani: Today the Admiral is on Earth, leading the defense of our home against the Reapers. We have no communication with him or any soldiers on Earth.

Wow, that underlined line and the TV light, whether or not it is tied to the player pressing a button, is a very interesting detail.

Also, was it just me, or did Anderson's lack of facial expression in his message to Shepard seem creepy. I know, it might be due to BW leaving the expressions out for cost-reduction, but it still looks creepy. Especially since it's here that he says that he likes it on Earth. Gave me shivers, that line.
MaximizedAction
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Jusseb Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:55 am

Could he also become indoctrinated? Because i can't see why he would like it on Earth with all that death and despair.
Jusseb
Jusseb
Geth Pyro

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:35 pm

The creepiest thing is that image of the empty FOB.

It kind of reminds me of Twin Peaks... the photo of the empty room on the wall in Laura Palmer's bedroom.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:42 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:The creepiest thing is that image of the empty FOB.

It kind of reminds me of Twin Peaks... the photo of the empty room on the wall in Laura Palmer's bedroom.

They could've easily used the standard QEC plattform to have Anderson order the crew for shore leave. Yes, it would've been random, given how he uses that channel for reports, but the TV seemed even more random to me.

And yes, the empty space behind him didn't help remove the creepyness.
MaximizedAction
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:12 pm

Apologies if this has been talked to death, but I elaborated on it a few days ago in the main thread and wanted to post it here as well since TVs came up again.

Here is the Reaper invasion scene. Take note of the feed coming in live to the Defense Council (EDIT: No idea why the start time in the link isn't working. You can start at 7:17 and stop after 7:40 or so).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JkeMgQdlhd0#t=436s

Now, here is Shepard casually watching TV while Kaiden prepares dinner (start at 1 minute, lasts for a few seconds).
https://youtu.be/wUbGLzi21Yo?#t=60s

Basically, there's no reason that should be on ANY TV. The solider shown was most likely on a military comm channel, which would have been unavailable to the press (the Reaper landing could have been pulled from a news feed and shown to the DC).

Even if this exact scene was available to the public, it's odd that it's being shown on TV at this point. It's not news that Earth is under siege. It's like flipping on the TV, and suddenly you see people jumping to their deaths from the twin towers. Yeah, it happened, but outside an event or anniversary remembering the tragedy, you would certainly be surprised to see it on TV.

Regardless, Shepard's reaction is perhaps the most mystifying part of all this. He doesn't bat an eyelash; he doesn't miss a beat; he's completely unaffected by the sight of a soldier dying and Reapers invading Earth. What...the...hell?

EDIT: If this scene alone doesn't prove that Citadel is about more than shore leave, I don't know what does.

Last edited by DoomsdayDevice on Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:39 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixed link)
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:18 pm

BlueLogic wrote:Apologies if this has been talked to death, but I elaborated on it a few days ago in the main thread and wanted to post it here as well since TVs came up again.

Here is the Reaper invasion scene. Take note of the feed coming in live to the Defense Council (EDIT: No idea why the start time in the link isn't working. You can start at 7:17 and stop after 7:40 or so).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JkeMgQdlhd0#t=436s

Now, here is Shepard casually watching TV while Kaiden prepares dinner (start at 1 minute, lasts for a few seconds).
https://youtu.be/wUbGLzi21Yo?#t=60s

Basically, there's no reason that should be on ANY TV. The solider shown was most likely on a military comm channel, which would have been unavailable to the press (the Reaper landing could have been pulled from a news feed and shown to the DC).

Even if this exact scene was available to the public, it's odd that it's being shown on TV at this point. It's not news that Earth is under siege. It's like flipping on the TV, and suddenly you see people jumping to their deaths from the twin towers. Yeah, it happened, but outside an event or anniversary remembering the tragedy, you would certainly be surprised to see it on TV.

Regardless, Shepard's reaction is perhaps the most mystifying part of all this. He doesn't bat an eyelash; he doesn't miss a beat; he's completely unaffected by the sight of a soldier dying and Reapers invading Earth. What...the...hell?

EDIT: If this scene alone doesn't prove that Citadel is about more than shore leave, I don't know what does.

Yeah, Shepard's reactions to several things in the DLC make it seem dreamy-like. That's one of the examples.

Last edited by DoomsdayDevice on Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed link)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:44 pm

It's still Shepard's shore leave. Just in more ways than one...

The important aspect is that he needs to leave shore leave, to finish the fight. The more you dick around in this dream, the more (symbolically) you're allowing Shepard to give up, bit by bit.

Thankfully, Shep killed the intruding influences left in his mind (CloneShep and Maya=Illusion), so yes, he gets some of the rest he needs in order to end this fight, once and for all.

Citadel DLC is just like the real Citadel in that it is a boon for everyone, a safe haven for all to meet on..

But it is also an illusion of peace. A place for the galaxy to recharge before heading back to the fight, but also a place where you may not want to leave - leaving the hard work to others.

I don't currently think it's (STRONGLY) indoctrination related (unlike the 'Citadel: The Return' and 'Crucible' areas), but simply a guiding of evolution and cultures (or in Shepard's mind version - a guiding of his thoughts).

Thing is, I consider Shepard to be too much of a BAMF now to truly be stuck in the Silversun Strip unless you choose for him to be stuck there. The Reapers have already lost, they just don't know it yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:03 pm

Jusseb wrote:Could he also become indoctrinated? Because i can't see why he would like it on Earth with all that death and despair.
One of the symptoms shown by people under the influence of indoctrination devices in Mass Effects 1 & 2 was that they wanted to stay near the source of the signal, so yes.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:50 pm

@BlueLogic: Wow, that is a good find!

I fixed your links.

The easiest way to do it correctly is pause the video at the moment you want it to start, then rightclick it and select 'copy video url at current time'.

Why would that exact moment be on TV?

This has to be more signs of indoctrination, if not a sign that things aren't real.

@Swoby, what is that 'Maya' that everyone keeps talking about? Is that a name for something in the DLC? I might have missed it.

I'm also wondering why my private dates with Wrex and Kaidan aren't unlocking.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:07 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:@BlueLogic: Wow, that is a good find!

I fixed your links.

The easiest way to do it correctly is pause the video at the moment you want it to start, then rightclick it and select 'copy video url at current time'.
Thanks! For some reason, YT was giving a link with 7m16s rather than just 436s. I'll remember that if it goes nuts again.

DoomsdayDevice wrote:I'm also wondering why my private dates with Wrex and Kaidan aren't unlocking.
Hmm, I got several in a batch, and then got a new batch once I'd completed all of the earlier invites. Don't know what you should do if you've completed them all and still not seen one from Wrex or Kaiden.
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:08 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:

@Swoby, what is that 'Maya' that everyone keeps talking about? Is that a name for something in the DLC? I might have missed it.

Maya is the Sanskrit word for illusion. Or rather the false reality that we live in. (Thank you Wikipedia).
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:34 pm

BlueLogic wrote:
DoomsdayDevice wrote:I'm also wondering why my private dates with Wrex and Kaidan aren't unlocking.
Hmm, I got several in a batch, and then got a new batch once I'd completed all of the earlier invites. Don't know what you should do if you've completed them all and still not seen one from Wrex or Kaiden.

Yeah, I've completed them all. Uncertain Except those two.

Eryri wrote:
DoomsdayDevice wrote:@Swoby, what is that 'Maya' that everyone keeps talking about? Is that a name for something in the DLC? I might have missed it.
Maya is the Sanskrit word for illusion. Or rather the false reality that we live in. (Thank you Wikipedia).

Yeah, I gathered as much. I just don't see what the word's connection to the DLC is.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:37 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:
BlueLogic wrote:

Eryri wrote:
DoomsdayDevice wrote:@Swoby, what is that 'Maya' that everyone keeps talking about? Is that a name for something in the DLC? I might have missed it.

Yeah, I gathered as much. I just don't see what the word's connection to the DLC is.

I think it refers more to Carl Jung's usage of the word.

From his memoirs:

“When people feel they are living the symbolic life, that they are actors in the divine drama. That gives the only meaning to human life; everything else is banal and you can dismiss it. A career, producing of children, are all maya (illusion) compared to that one thing, that your life is meaningful.”
Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by SZKSYPCZE Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:38 pm

What if there is still sth to be discovered in the game?? What if Bioware smuggled some of the hidden stuffin all the dlcsso far, for it to be unlocked in the crucial moment?? What if that moment is the end if operations??

Those are the questions I've been asking myself. I still have a little light of hopeleft in the bottom of my heart.
SZKSYPCZE
SZKSYPCZE
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:43 pm

Hrothdane wrote:
DoomsdayDevice wrote:
BlueLogic wrote:

Eryri wrote:

I think it refers more to Carl Jung's usage of the word.

From his memoirs:

“When people feel they are living the symbolic life, that they are actors in the divine drama. That gives the only meaning to human life; everything else is banal and you can dismiss it. A career, producing of children, are all maya (illusion) compared to that one thing, that your life is meaningful.”

Okay, but that still doesn't tell me what the connection of that word to the Citadel DLC is.

Is there something or someone called 'Maya' in there or something?

Sorry if this is a stupid question.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:03 pm

Maya Brooks
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:08 pm

ZerebusPrime wrote:

Maya Brooks

Seriously? I must have missed that. Pinched
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:20 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:
ZerebusPrime wrote:

Maya Brooks

Seriously? I must have missed that. Pinched

Holy Moly! I didn't realise that either. Just when I start losing faith, Bioware pulls an awesome cultural reference like that.
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:26 pm

soundtrack now available for downloading foc
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next