I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC)

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC) - Page 9 Empty Re: I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC)

Post by Eryri on Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:29 pm

dork wrote:soundtrack now available for downloading foc

Is that on Origin?
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC) - Page 9 Empty Re: I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC)

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:34 pm

YES! cheers

"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:35 pm

Eryri wrote:

Is that on Origin?

http://social.bioware.com/me3citadelsoundtrack.php

"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:37 pm

got it now. woohoo. nice

Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri on Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:52 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:
Eryri wrote:

Is that on Origin?

http://social.bioware.com/me3citadelsoundtrack.php

Thanks
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal219 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:34 pm

Not sure if you call these ''hints'' but I'll add this:

From the Citadel Soundtrack, first track is called "I dream of sushi'' and the when you fight clone-Shep that track is called "Battle within, battle without''.
Pascal219
Pascal219
Combat Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:59 pm

Pascal219 wrote:Not sure if you call these ''hints'' but I'll add this:

From the Citadel Soundtrack, first track is called "I dream of sushi'' and the when you fight clone-Shep that track is called "Battle within, battle without''.
Shocked Wow.
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:30 am

Yeahhhhh, good stuff!

I found some more:

Elcor Actor: And in this harsh world, draw thy breath in pain, to tell my story. (...) I cannot live to hear the news from England.

Shocked

Anderson: Always managed to find my way home in one piece. You do that a few times and you begin to think you know better than the next guy. Maybe you do, I don't know. But if you're lucky, really lucky, you find yourself on a good ship, in front of a good crew, a crew you can trust with your life.

Foreshadowing?

Anderson: Learned an important lesson that day: No matter how good you think you are, there's always someone quicker, faster and a hell of a lot smarter than you, just around the corner. That little lesson has kept me alive more than once since then.

Foreshadowing the catalyst? Don't underestimate people?

Shepard (to Miranda): Sounds like you need some time to catch your breath.

Wrex: Korball! It means "Victory or death!"

Victory or death? There's only one ending in which you don't die!

DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:21 pm

I don't even know what you think half of those are supposed to be foreshadowing, so I doubt it.

Besides, what's the difference? We already have ridiculous amounts of foreshadowing.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:20 pm

Maybe not the best stuff, but there's sure a lot of mentions of breath.

That Elcor actor made me go 'huh' though.

Also, I noticed that the Turian VIs in the arena have that synthesis circuitboard texture scrolling all over them, only it's red.

DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:49 pm

BlueLogic wrote:Apologies if this has been talked to death, but I elaborated on it a few days ago in the main thread and wanted to post it here as well since TVs came up again.

Here is the Reaper invasion scene. Take note of the feed coming in live to the Defense Council (EDIT: No idea why the start time in the link isn't working. You can start at 7:17 and stop after 7:40 or so).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JkeMgQdlhd0#t=436s

Now, here is Shepard casually watching TV while Kaiden prepares dinner (start at 1 minute, lasts for a few seconds).
https://youtu.be/wUbGLzi21Yo?#t=60s

Basically, there's no reason that should be on ANY TV. The solider shown was most likely on a military comm channel, which would have been unavailable to the press (the Reaper landing could have been pulled from a news feed and shown to the DC).

Even if this exact scene was available to the public, it's odd that it's being shown on TV at this point. It's not news that Earth is under siege. It's like flipping on the TV, and suddenly you see people jumping to their deaths from the twin towers. Yeah, it happened, but outside an event or anniversary remembering the tragedy, you would certainly be surprised to see it on TV.

Regardless, Shepard's reaction is perhaps the most mystifying part of all this. He doesn't bat an eyelash; he doesn't miss a beat; he's completely unaffected by the sight of a soldier dying and Reapers invading Earth. What...the...hell?

EDIT: If this scene alone doesn't prove that Citadel is about more than shore leave, I don't know what does.

Okay, so I finally managed to unlock Kaidan's date, and wow. That was just bizarre! Not only does the TV show the soldier, it also shows the same images of the Reapers landing. Shepard doesn't even blink! Reapers reaping, but the casual conversation goes on, as if nothing important is happening.

This is the kind of stuff that makes me feel like Bioware is making this purposely unreal.

DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic on Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:53 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:Okay, so I finally managed to unlock Kaidan's date, and wow. That was just bizarre! Not only does the TV show the soldier, it also shows the same images of the Reapers landing. Shepard doesn't even blink! Reapers reaping, but the casual conversation goes on, as if nothing important is happening.

This is the kind of stuff that makes me feel like Bioware is making this purposely unreal.

Absolutely. The camera even turns toward the TV when it starts flashing and showing the soldier. It's as though BioWare is turning your head and making you look at it. "HEY! Player! Hello! Look over here! What's this? Isn't this strange??"
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyberfrog on Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:00 pm

Reading too much into it, I think.

DoomsdayDevice wrote:Maybe not the best stuff, but there's sure a lot of mentions of breath.

They're being pretty "meta". But it does little for IT. Definitely see support for Destroy, but that's nothing new either.

None of that stuff is evidence that there will be a reveal. Again, that's because it's meta. Most players who get the DLC have played the ending, something they were well aware of when writing the new content. Referencing the ending doesn't mean we'll get a "new ending" any more than it means Shepard is dreaming.

I still want that reveal. I'm just not holding my breath (hah).

cheers
Cyberfrog
Cyberfrog
Gas Bag

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius on Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:54 pm

Reading to much into images of Earth being destroyed, and no fucks being given by either of the human soldiers who are determined to stop it?

Yeah, totally. Obviously its a bug, or lazy writing. Blatantly.
Andromidius
Andromidius
Admin

https://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII on Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:09 pm

The line about con artists vs con men perfectly foreshadows the meeting with the catalyst. The catalyst, like a con artist, leaves players smiling after it successfully tricks them into falling in line with the reapers' goals.

GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:22 pm

Cyberfrog wrote:Reading too much into it, I think.

DoomsdayDevice wrote:Maybe not the best stuff, but there's sure a lot of mentions of breath.

They're being pretty "meta". But it does little for IT. Definitely see support for Destroy, but that's nothing new either.

None of that stuff is evidence that there will be a reveal. Again, that's because it's meta. Most players who get the DLC have played the ending, something they were well aware of when writing the new content. Referencing the ending doesn't mean we'll get a "new ending" any more than it means Shepard is dreaming.

I still want that reveal. I'm just not holding my breath (hah).

I see what you're saying, and I agree that referencing the ending might not necessarily make for a reveal, but the thing is, the way they're referencing it, is completely in line with IT. The victory is fake, you're being told you won when you lost!

We've got an arcade game that tells you that you're a winner, even when you pick green and lose. I don't even need to point out how the balls look like the ending explosions, let alone the colours corresponding completely with our interpretations of the order in which the endings should be seen from best to worst:

1. Destroy
2. Refuse
3. Control
4. Synthesis

Then we have a virtual reality going haywire, and the "IT department" getting Shepard out of trouble.

Then we have Anderson saying that some leaders make mistakes in their defining moment, and the galaxy tends to make examples of them.

Then we also have multiple references to breath and rubble, Zaeed describing a scene that is very reminiscent of the breath scene, several references to being identified/dog tags and Jack saying that if Shepard is ever lying under a pile of rubble, barely breathing, at the end of the war... and then Shepard says she worries too much.

Yeah.

DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Home run MF on Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:41 pm

Has anyone brought up the Clone vs Control Shepard thing?

Clone: "Amazing what a person can do with neural implants" (witch are databases, computer files and images downloaded into a persons brain).
Catalyst: "Your corporeal form will be dissolved, but you thoughts, and even your memories, will continue."

Clone: "I'm you without the wear and tear, the emotional baggage holding me back" (camera pan to squad mates)
Catalyst: "Your connection to your kind will be lost, though you will remain aware of their existence."

Gas Bag

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyberfrog on Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:55 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:
I see what you're saying, and I agree that referencing the ending might not necessarily make for a reveal, but the thing is, the way they're referencing it, is completely in line with IT. The victory is fake, you're being told you won when you lost!

We've got an arcade game that tells you that you're a winner, even when you pick green and lose. I don't even need to point out how the balls look like the ending explosions, let alone the colours corresponding completely with our interpretations of the order in which the endings should be seen from best to worst:

1. Destroy
2. Refuse
3. Control
4. Synthesis

Then we have a virtual reality going haywire, and the "IT department" getting Shepard out of trouble.

Then we have Anderson saying that some leaders make mistakes in their defining moment, and the galaxy tends to make examples of them.

Then we also have multiple references to breath and rubble, Zaeed describing a scene that is very reminiscent of the breath scene, several references to being identified/dog tags and Jack saying that if Shepard is ever lying under a pile of rubble, barely breathing, at the end of the war... and then Shepard says she worries too much.

Yeah.
Some of that stuff is pretty neat. And I already agreed that the DLC is pro-Destroy.

As is typical with IT evidence, it's inconclusive. I won't be satisfied without a reveal, and believing we'll get one looks more and more like wishful thinking. The DLC was an emotional farewell to Shepard and crew. You would generally not follow that up with a "lol no" twist.
Cyberfrog
Cyberfrog
Gas Bag

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:03 pm

what i dont understand is why anyone would pick control or synthebodge. i mean what the fuck?

Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:24 pm

GethJuggernautMKII wrote:The line about con artists vs con men perfectly foreshadows the meeting with the catalyst. The catalyst, like a con artist, leaves players smiling after it successfully tricks them into falling in line with the reapers' goals.

Precisely.

Anyway, I saw Maya (and thus CloneShep) at utterly fake, the second I recalled that Maya's name was, well, Maya.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal219 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:44 pm

Someone really should take a screenshot from this, but I just saw a Prothean figure symbol in the DLC on the lower Citadel Wards.

You remember that very loud door in the beginning of the DLC? Look beside it before opening it, both side have two symbols. Symbols of a Prothean, a Hanar and a Human.

Dafuq?
Pascal219
Pascal219
Combat Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul8lighter on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:56 pm

Pascal219 wrote:Someone really should take a screenshot from this, but I just saw a Prothean figure symbol in the DLC on the lower Citadel Wards.

You remember that very loud door in the beginning of the DLC? Look beside it before opening it, both side have two symbols. Symbols of a Prothean, a Hanar and a Human.

Dafuq?

I remember seeing a sign with a Hanar, a Turian, and a Human. Pedestrian sign I'm thinking.

Pyjak

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:03 am

Home run MF wrote:Has anyone brought up the Clone vs Control Shepard thing?

Clone: "Amazing what a person can do with neural implants" (witch are databases, computer files and images downloaded into a persons brain).
Catalyst: "Your corporeal form will be dissolved, but you thoughts, and even your memories, will continue."

Clone: "I'm you without the wear and tear, the emotional baggage holding me back" (camera pan to squad mates)
Catalyst: "Your connection to your kind will be lost, though you will remain aware of their existence."

Ah yes!!! Indeed! That moment really made me think it was foreshadowing indoctrinated Shepard.

Home run to the rescue, once again! Thanks. =)

DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:04 am

SwobyJ wrote:
GethJuggernautMKII wrote:The line about con artists vs con men perfectly foreshadows the meeting with the catalyst. The catalyst, like a con artist, leaves players smiling after it successfully tricks them into falling in line with the reapers' goals.

Precisely.

Anyway, I saw Maya (and thus CloneShep) at utterly fake, the second I recalled that Maya's name was, well, Maya.

That line was fantastic!

Anyone have a literal quote of this?

DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII on Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:20 am

The con artist line is just beautiful. There are no words more suitable to describe the way players have been suckered into believing and accepting literal control and literal synthesis.

I gotta thank DD an SwobyJ. The DLC is more disturbing, and thus more fun to play, when one sees it as a warped, disconnected reality.

Last edited by GethJuggernautMKII on Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total

GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next