Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC)

+50
Hanako Ikezawa
MovieMachine
demersel
CSSteele
DaniSaur
BansheeOwnage
Soul8lighter
Home run MF
GethJuggernautMKII
SZKSYPCZE
Jusseb
CmdrShep80
shadoww6021
invetro
Lombus
ElSuperGecko
AxStapleton
ViolentSound
stargate1990
ZerebusPrime
Cyberfrog
Eryri
dorktainian
FFZero
Restrider
Jarrod_L
MaximizedAction
Raistlin Majere
Hrothdane
OneWithTheAssassins
noobcannon
BleedingUranium
HYR 2.1
Terramine
spotlessvoid
Andromidius
Rifneno
HomesV500
DSharrah
Vibez
Pascal219
401 Kill
domxeno
lex0r
foster.jb82
Humakt
BlueLogic
Ghost Of Kesak11
Charlie Sheen
DoomsdayDevice
54 posters

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC) - Page 16 Empty Re: I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC)

Post by DoomsdayDevice Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:16 pm

Pascal219 wrote:
SwobyJ wrote:
Pascal219 wrote:I'll put this here as well ;)

''You forgot homicidal synthetics rebelling against their masters.'' - EDI

I finally found a video of a playthrough without Wrex where she says this, I have a few playthroughs of the Citadel DLC where Wrex is dead and I could've sworn I heard this line. Finally have the proof to back it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUvT6KYtjlVpWm25NVUrsS_g&feature=player_detailpage&v=N1JOetCsiKE#t=554s

IMO, this just confirms this DLC is post-ending and will be placed there after a reveal DLC/expansion is out. The dialogue in the DLC itself requires minor tweaking to accomplish that and could be very well already present in the DLC or be brought along with the reveal DLC/expansion.

Okay, that last part is just me being hopeful, I know. But what she mentions is only brought up by Starbrat and nowhere else in the game. ;)

Yeah.

Personally, I view Citadel as 'technically but also not post-ending', due to the 'everything is an indoctrination world in ME3, based on legit memories' idea.

Essentially, Citadel DLC is drawing upon your memories of Rannoch arc, even if you haven't 'done it yet', because the whole game is a time-cycle in Shepard's mind, until he reaches the 'Crucible', the nexus of his memories.

Tinfoil Hat

Yeah, that's not my favorite theory. Too out there imo.

Agreed. There's just no way they're going for something that complicated.

I have entertained these thoughts, and they're funny little rabbit holes, but IMHO you guys are going off the deep if you think that is actually what Bioware is going for.

The story has always been fairly straightforward, even though there are several layers of meaning to it. But IMHO there's just no way Bioware are going for the 'cyclical dream / time loop' thing if people can't even grasp the simple idea that the ending could easily be an indoctrination attempt.

I could see them doing what Pascal says, tweaking Citadel DLC to make it fit post-ending, but even that is doubtful.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC) - Page 16 Empty Re: I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC)

Post by WeAreHarbinger Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:28 pm

I see Citadel if anything as a meta experience.

It all really happens, but the writers are telling you to go with destroy for reasons unknown to us at this time.

Zaeed and the claw game
Jack's "Lying under the rubble comment"
Winning the prize with the red ball (again claw game)

I'm sure there are also a few other instances where the fourth wall is broken to tell the player "pick Destroy" whether that's just because Bioware saw that it's the most popular choice or not is unknown.

To sum up, i see Citadel all really happening with nice IT and oddities mixed in, but i don't believe it's a dream. Due to the fact you can play it just after the coup, it would mean everytime you head back to the strip you're "dreaming" which i'm not really a fan of.
WeAreHarbinger
WeAreHarbinger
Blood Pack Boom-Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedingUranium Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:39 am

Yes, Harby, I think they're confusing meta things like themes as actually being in universe. Like the claw game, for example.
BleedingUranium
BleedingUranium
Thresher Maw

Back to top Go down

Post by CSSteele Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:44 am

There are other DLC's that have differences involved depending on when in the story you played them, specifically ME2's DLC's.

Arrival for example, you can either have your conversation with the Collector General or with Harbinger. Secondly, Liara's location in ME2 is determined based on if you have and or completed LotSB, so there being a change in Citadel based on when you play it is 'par for the course' for Bioware DLC's.

Dragon Age DLC's are similar, with minor dialogue tweaks based on completed story plots.
CSSteele
CSSteele
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:22 pm

WeAreHarbinger wrote:I see Citadel if anything as a meta experience.

It all really happens, but the writers are telling you to go with destroy for reasons unknown to us at this time.

Zaeed and the claw game
Jack's "Lying under the rubble comment"

Winning the prize with the red ball (again claw game)

I'm sure there are also a few other instances where the fourth wall is broken to tell the player "pick Destroy" whether that's just because Bioware saw that it's the most popular choice or not is unknown.

To sum up, i see Citadel all really happening with nice IT and oddities mixed in, but i don't believe it's a dream. Due to the fact you can play it just after the coup, it would mean everytime you head back to the strip you're "dreaming" which i'm not really a fan of.
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:27 pm

Not to mention allllllll the stuff Anderson says in favour of destroy.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:37 pm

i was playing through citadel last night - this time i took my time and went through everything. (apart from the combat simulator that is). It is (as a piece of fan pleasing DLC) very good at what it does. It makes you laugh. It brings back memories of situations. It brings a lump to your throat.

Andersons messages are fabulous.

Some serious self parody going on right the way throughout. Funny as fook. that bit with Joker taking on cerberus is epic.

It amazes me how anyone can still pick anything but destroy of the three options available after that DLC. It fair screams at you.

dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:56 pm

Agreed all the way!
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreHarbinger Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:17 pm

Best one is EDI, her understanding (or rather starting to learn) of gifts to organics, the ring, Joker's car etc. All these are being learnt WITHOUT SYNTHESIS!

Citadel if anything cemented my ending choice once and for all. Not that i would of changed my mind now but really, it sheds Destroy in the most positive light. That's two DLC's now (From Ashes being the first) that helps destroy, and they wonder why it's so popular. ^^
WeAreHarbinger
WeAreHarbinger
Blood Pack Boom-Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:24 pm

dork wrote:i was playing through citadel last night - this time i took my time and went through everything. (apart from the combat simulator that is). It is (as a piece of fan pleasing DLC) very good at what it does. It makes you laugh. It brings back memories of situations. It brings a lump to your throat.

Andersons messages are fabulous.

Some serious self parody going on right the way throughout. Funny as fook. that bit with Joker taking on cerberus is epic.

It amazes me how anyone can still pick anything but destroy of the three options available after that DLC. It fair screams at you.

Um, well there is 4 options... but I guess the 4th one doesn't count as an "option" because the Reapers don't present it to you, neither does your subconscious. It's completely unrepresented, making it come purely from Shepard.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:06 am

WeAreHarbinger wrote:Best one is EDI, her understanding (or rather starting to learn) of gifts to organics, the ring, Joker's car etc. All these are being learnt WITHOUT SYNTHESIS!

Citadel if anything cemented my ending choice once and for all. Not that i would of changed my mind now but really, it sheds Destroy in the most positive light. That's two DLC's now (From Ashes being the first) that helps destroy, and they wonder why it's so popular. ^^

One disturbing thing synthesis supporters can't seem to understand is that making us all the same, which in this case would be green viended freaks, is that it solves nothing. Synthesis supporters embrace a rather disturbing concept that forced homogenization is the only way for two different groups to be at peace with each other. The only true path to peace lies in accepting, understanding, and respecting our differences.

To summarize, it doesn't space magic and intervention from a race of sentient death machines to help organics and synthetics understand each other.
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by BatmanTurian Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:24 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:People have given up?

I am disappoint!

Jack just confirmed IT!

I haven't given up, I'm just still unsure where they're going with all this.

And yes, I'm still reading and lurking even if I don't comment much. Cool
BatmanTurian
BatmanTurian
LOKI

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:17 pm

BatmanTurian wrote:I haven't given up, I'm just still unsure where they're going with all this.

Batman! Good to see you again. =)

And yeah, same here. I'm not sure where they're going either. It's very confusing.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreHarbinger Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:32 am

I will never give up! just like Batman said a little unsure what they're doing if anything at all.

>.<
WeAreHarbinger
WeAreHarbinger
Blood Pack Boom-Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:49 am

Did someone say Matrix?

I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC) - Page 16 Enb20112
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximus Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:36 pm

IronicParticle wrote:Did someone say Matrix?

I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC) - Page 16 Enb20112

That doesn't look like anythin' I saw in Matrix, so..what am I lookin' at? 0,o
Maximus
Maximus
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:43 pm

CorranusMaximus wrote:
IronicParticle wrote:Did someone say Matrix?

That doesn't look like anythin' I saw in Matrix, so..what am I lookin' at? 0,o

Those containers or whatever you call them where the humans in the Matrix are stored. You see them when Neo exits the Matrix in the first movie.
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximus Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:49 pm

Ahhh, it's the wall... with containers...what's inside them? Humans? Hell of a Matrix alright..
Thought that it's the floor or keyboard or Crysis Nanosuit or somethin'. Never played Citadel DLC, so I dunno, avoidin' spoilers and stuff...yeah, at least tryin' to avoid them. *Abandons Thread*
Maximus
Maximus
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Humakt Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:32 pm

So after Shepard falls from the Sushi place and rises from the floor. You can see four bodies of fish nearby. Despite their size, they do look like herrings.

And there are red lights nearby originating from pipe-things.
Humakt
Humakt
Nightmare

http://www.celestialheavens.com/thundermaps/

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:45 pm

Nice... I've got to play the clone part of Citadel again... spot new clues!
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Humakt Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:49 pm

I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC) - Page 16 Herrin10

Even if it weren't a giant herring, it certainly doesn't look like a fish you would put in aquarium (And there weren't fish like that in the Sushi Bar's aquarium).

You might, of course, argue it was from the kitchen (especially since they are missing fins). It is still very dubious however.

And then there's the "authentic european sushi" with red letters on the storage boxes on the cold store. Where you can also see those "herrings".

I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC) - Page 16 Europe10

EDIT:

And the clearest hint (as I mentioned on page 1 of this thread): Cu FORGE IT

I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC) - Page 16 Forgei10

The animation of that sign is very similar to a being of light like "Child".
Humakt
Humakt
Nightmare

http://www.celestialheavens.com/thundermaps/

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:58 pm

Yeah, this is fun stuff.

The "authentic European sushi" is a real head scratcher. I noticed it on my first playthrough.

It could simply be humour.

I really don't know what to think about that "U FORGE IT" though.

Is it good? Is it bad? Is it anything at all?
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:15 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:Yeah, this is fun stuff.

The "authentic European sushi" is a real head scratcher. I noticed it on my first playthrough.

It could simply be humour.

I really don't know what to think about that "U FORGE IT" though.

Is it good? Is it bad? Is it anything at all?

A Dane won the Sushi World Championship (yes it exists) this year so even if Sushi did not arise in Europe we do have some who can make some damn good Sushi. Who knows, maybe in Mass Effect European sushi cooks have in general overtaken the Japanese in skill?
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Sun May 05, 2013 1:35 am

Like I noted in my Bad Sushi Theory thread, there really is such a thing as "French Sushi." It's a fusion cuisine. One simple example listed at a particular restaurant was a fois gras maki. Much as authentic "Hawaiian Sushi" gives us the spam roll...

Still, it's very rare and is presented to us in such a way that it should set off all kinds of alarm bells. "Authentic French Sushi" does not make sense. That's like Shakespeare in its original Klingon.

And once again, I'd like to point out that food and drink factor into the Citadel DLC a numerous points, but Shepard never seems to actually eat anything on-screen. And it's not just a lack of animation - he can be presented with beef, bacon, and beer and then the game immediately cuts to him commenting on how it was (imagining it?). Deliriously thinking about food is something an unconscious, starving person buried under rubble at the ass end of the Reaper War might do.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by HYR 2.1 Sat May 18, 2013 2:25 am

I've devised a theory that makes sense of Citadel DLC in its entirely (therefore it's clearly correct).

There you go. You can thank me later.
HYR 2.1
HYR 2.1
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next