Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC)

+50
Hanako Ikezawa
MovieMachine
demersel
CSSteele
DaniSaur
BansheeOwnage
Soul8lighter
Home run MF
GethJuggernautMKII
SZKSYPCZE
Jusseb
CmdrShep80
shadoww6021
invetro
Lombus
ElSuperGecko
AxStapleton
ViolentSound
stargate1990
ZerebusPrime
Cyberfrog
Eryri
dorktainian
FFZero
Restrider
Jarrod_L
MaximizedAction
Raistlin Majere
Hrothdane
OneWithTheAssassins
noobcannon
BleedingUranium
HYR 2.1
Terramine
spotlessvoid
Andromidius
Rifneno
HomesV500
DSharrah
Vibez
Pascal219
401 Kill
domxeno
lex0r
foster.jb82
Humakt
BlueLogic
Ghost Of Kesak11
Charlie Sheen
DoomsdayDevice
54 posters

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC) - Page 3 Empty Re: I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC)

Post by DoomsdayDevice Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:45 am

Vibez wrote:GOD DAMN YOU GUYS. I have just started to move on, BUT NO!

Awesome speculations everywhere! Magic!

...One. Last. Ride. afro

Just like old times! Grin

Ahhhhhh, the IT speculations. To experience the excitement of great new finds, once again.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC) - Page 3 Empty Re: I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC)

Post by DSharrah Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:49 am

SwobyJ wrote:Breath scene was climax.

Citadel DLC is epilogue.

We need the conclusion.

Yeah I think the thing that is taken me so long to really grasp is just how out of place this DLC feels...if this was the epilogue (at least the social part), then I would have no problem believing that ME 4 was going to void of Shep. But I still feel like we don't have all the pieces and we have no idea how to start putting them together until we do.
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:00 am

Ah, here's what Zaeed says about the painting:

Zaeed: "It makes me feel uneasy, like when you're alone in the dark, lying in wait, and a cold wind brushes across your face, like the kiss of death."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=mbP3BMbOnrM#t=518s

That Jack quote takes the cake though.

DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:03 am

Rifneno wrote:...That was the last DLC.
True, but, as I mentioned elsewhere, I came to realize that there's no way they're going to put ANYTHING that extends or modifies the ending in a paid for DLC. There would be metaphorical riots in the street. BSN would completely melt down (yet again?), and all those preachy press punks would be bitching about how Bioware shipped an incomplete game, and "down what dark alley is the industry headed" blah blah blah. So, IF there's to be an IT reveal, it will be free, and it will be a surprise. At least, that makes sense to me.

Hard to know if I'm being logical or just desperately hopeful at this point. Either way, if they're going to do something, I think it's going (needs) to be soon. As in, less than a month. Interest in ME3 is at its absolute peak with the release of the "last" adventure. There is no better time; No better set up is to be had. Almost everyone will be surprised, even a lot of us die hards.
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:06 am

BlueLogic wrote:
True, but, as I mentioned elsewhere, I came to realize that there's no way they're going to put ANYTHING that extends or modifies the ending in a paid for DLC. There would be metaphorical riots in the street. BSN would completely melt down (yet again?), and all those preachy press punks would be bitching about how Bioware shipped an incomplete game, and "down what dark alley is the industry headed" blah blah blah. So, IF there's to be an IT reveal, it will be free, and it will be a surprise. At least, that makes sense to me.

I have always felt that way.

It's just - this Citadel DLC seemed very suspicious, but I have always wondered if they would truly go as far as putting it in a paid for DLC.

They should give it to the fans as a thank you and a we're sorry, as appreciation for keeping the faith and supporting all their DLC.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:10 am

BlueLogic wrote:

Hard to know if I'm being logical or just desperately hopeful at this point. Either way, if they're going to do something, I think it's going (needs) to be soon. As in, less than a month. Interest in ME3 is at its absolute peak with the release of the "last" adventure. There is no better time; No better set up is to be had. Almost everyone will be surprised, even a lot of us die hards.

It would explain the $15 pricetag for the 2 previous DLCs.

The hypothetical free DLC could simply be significantly bolstered by Shepard having experienced Leviathan+Omega+Ashes+(kinda)Citadel(even though its a strange one).

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:15 am

I wish I had everyone else's optimism.

I'm glad for the teasers and the hints, but the DLC itself (the first half) was so dodgey that its made me not touch the game again in two days.

Potential, wasted. Said that so many times now.

If Bioware weren't hammering it in that this is it, I'd not be so annoyed. Or if the Conspiracy didn't feel like it was written by a fan rather then the original writers. Or if the Conspiracy was actually really convoluted and made little sense at any stage.

Fanservice, and hamfisted fanservice at that.
Andromidius
Andromidius
Admin

https://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:15 am

Actually, you know how the Social part feels totally natural (for POST-ENDING, I mean)?

But the CloneShep story is utterly contrived and weird?

What if CloneShep is a gigantic hint for us now. A warped, twisted experience that we can choose to do before Cronos in order to continue to establish the weirdness.

But we get the 'real' version (HARBINGER HARBINGER HARBINGER) soon. CloneShep is just Bioware's last fakeout before surprising everyone, but he also has symbolic importance.

So that would make the Social +Sidegames part to be 'canon' (more or less) post-ending, but we can do the CloneShep story if we really want to get access to Social pre-Cronos.

I'm just saying that this could potentially be 2/3 of a larger project that Bioware worked nearly a year on, and we're getting the last 1/3 of the data within a couple weeks.

CloneShep = Red Herring

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:21 am

I dunno about that.

I only know that they're still putting major breath scene / destroy ending / IT hints in their content, keeping the theory alive.

I don't believe for a second that they would have the audacity to give Jack that line of dialogue without ever following up on it.

That would be sadistically cruel.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:25 am

Which is why I'm annoyed, I feel like I'm being trolled. If the Conspiracy stuff wasn't so bad, I'd be A-okay with it being teased longer.

But eventually foreshadowing needs to turn into actual events.
Andromidius
Andromidius
Admin

https://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:29 am

https://youtu.be/6J0l_WxTgnI

Wrex acting like:
-War is over
-Reapers are still out there however
-He's busy fucking

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:29 am

@Andro: It's okay, I understand. People are frustrated. We have waited for so long. But this DLC felt like a promise, I can't help it.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:51 am

Jack: Good enough so that if you're ever hurt, barely breathing, lying under a pile of rubble at the ass end of this war, you're gonna have...
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by spotlessvoid Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:52 am

Guys...when? After much of the fans have traded their games in and deleted things to make space for new games? ME4? I just don't see them putting out a DLC down the line unless they start telling us to hold on to our saves in the next week or so. There's not much reason to keep things secret any longer. DLC cycle is over time to play the hand.

I'm not optimistic like most of you. I really think this is it. But I'm not going to keep repeating negativity so I'll butt out this thread. Just wondering what is actual chance that there's a hidden DLC coming after they officially tell everyone it's over
spotlessvoid
spotlessvoid
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:59 am

I can totally understand that, Spot. No problem.

I just can't help feeling this way.

How can they drop us lines like that, without following up on it?

I really don't want to be in denial or anything, but this DLC just felt like one big promise to me.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:09 am

Kesak11 wrote:Yeah I saw some of the foreshadowing of the ending. Way too much in order to just be a coincidence. I dont know why they would do it. Still want to hope for a "project X" but very doubtful if not impossible now. I think BW just like to do things like this to us.
Why? Project X was from the same source as all the other leaks so far, even the assumed failed leak named Citadel DLC ;) Do you know what would happen if someone had this success with predictions? They'd be branded the first real psychic ever and would win a million bucks from the James Randi foundation.

I have an idea who the source really is, but nonetheless these leaks should be trusted. I'm not trying to get hope up, but by any standards I know of it's almost certain.

Also guys, the amount of bugs caused by citadel could require a BIG patch... if you know what I'm saying :l

Last edited by IronicParticle on Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:12 am

spotlessvoid wrote:Guys...when? After much of the fans have traded their games in and deleted things to make space for new games? ME4? I just don't see them putting out a DLC down the line unless they start telling us to hold on to our saves in the next week or so. There's not much reason to keep things secret any longer. DLC cycle is over time to play the hand.

I'm not optimistic like most of you. I really think this is it. But I'm not going to keep repeating negativity so I'll butt out this thread. Just wondering what is actual chance that there's a hidden DLC coming after they officially tell everyone it's over
It's not optimism, just the facts. Project X, is from the same source as the 100% accurate source for all the other leaks.

No need for DLC, expansions override the end of DLC cycle...also we could have the reveal in our games right now possibly, and a patch could stitch it together. I'm not trying to be optimistic, these are just the facts and possibilities.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by HYR 2.1 Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:16 am

It's simple: keep the ending intact, but leave hope for IT alive, everyone wins! cheers

Unless, of course, you're unhappy with the state-of-affairs as they are. Then it's just too bad for you. LOL! :)

- Don't push your luck with those comments. ~Andromidius
HYR 2.1
HYR 2.1
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:19 am

HYR 2.1 wrote:It's simple: keep the ending intact, but leave hope for IT alive, everyone wins! cheers

Unless, of course, you're unhappy with the state-of-affairs as they are. Then it's just too bad for you. LOL! :)
No not too bd, we need an ending to this damned game. You want ambiguous art? Either pull it off right, or don't charge for it... but they did, ME3 costs money.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:22 am

IronicParticle wrote:Also guys, the amount of bugs caused by citadel could require a BIG patch... if you know what I'm saying :l
IronicParticle wrote:...also we could have the reveal in our games right now possibly, and a patch could stitch it together. I'm not trying to be optimistic, these are just the facts and possibilities.
I totally agree.

HYR 2.1 wrote:It's simple: keep the ending intact, but leave hope for IT alive, everyone wins! cheers
I am SO confused about all of this... (Major ending foreshadowing in Citadel DLC) - Page 3 Garrus3
Husks!
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:27 am

Michael Gamble tweets from today:

"I'm extremely critical when we are trying to get a trailer out the door - but the BioWare video team knocks it out every.single.time."

"Of course, the marketing team passes around photos of me looking particularly evil from past interviews. But that's a small price to pay..."

"The trailer is for an internal meeting...not new DLC."

Interesting when put in context with our speculations about a 'patch'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:35 am

SwobyJ wrote:Michael Gamble tweets from today:

"I'm extremely critical when we are trying to get a trailer out the door - but the BioWare video team knocks it out every.single.time."

"Of course, the marketing team passes around photos of me looking particularly evil from past interviews. But that's a small price to pay..."

Outside of stitching in-game material together, what the hell is an internal meeting? Is that some spiritual mumbo jumbo?

I'm still curious what Hellish has to say about all this... mister, "ME3 is a dream" -_-
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:42 am

IronicParticle wrote:
SwobyJ wrote:Michael Gamble tweets from today:

Outside of stitching in-game material together, what the hell is an internal meeting? Is that some spiritual mumbo jumbo?

I'm still curious what Hellish has to say about all this... mister, "ME3 is a dream" -_-

A studio meeting, not accessible to outsiders (usually).

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedingUranium Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:18 am

Until 12:46 Heart

Then: "So after a hard day spend fighting an evil *blank*, you know what comes next?"

"A nap?"

"Please. We party down."

lol!

Also: "Always fires to put out when you're in charge, right?"

Kid thinks of himself and the Reapers as being like a fire.

Also, a combat sim really doesn't feel like something Shepard would do during a war, more like after it.
BleedingUranium
BleedingUranium
Thresher Maw

Back to top Go down

Post by noobcannon Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:27 am

why didn't i get any cool IT foreshadowing in my tali romance scene? all i got was her was singing that stupid song. sounded like a cat going through the washing machine.
noobcannon
noobcannon
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next