Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Compilation of Unanswered questions

+23
skillz1986
Terramine
pasza89
Rankincountry
DSharrah
Charlie Sheen
DoomsdayDevice
Andromidius
Maffers
AxStapleton
SZKSYPCZE
hukbum
symbowles
Jusseb
TJBartlemus
demersel
MikeyTurvey
Lombus
Raistlin Majere
WeAreHarbinger
dorktainian
Eryri
Ghost Of Kesak11
27 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Compilation of Unanswered questions - Page 3 Empty Re: Compilation of Unanswered questions

Post by WeAreHarbinger Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:36 pm

dork wrote:talking of nerdy nitpicking, How the hell does hackett know shepard reached the citadel?

Why is shepards 'wound' right in the area he shot Anderson?

Even weirder?

"Holy shit (s)he did it. We have reports that SOMEONE? made it to the Citadel. We need to keep the reaper's busy (paraphrase) enough for them to open the arms."

Someone made it to the Citadel? you just addressed them by gender implying you knew who it is. Then moments later he addresses you by name "Shepard? nothing's happening"

WeAreHarbinger
WeAreHarbinger
Blood Pack Boom-Squad

Back to top Go down

Compilation of Unanswered questions - Page 3 Empty Re: Compilation of Unanswered questions

Post by Eryri Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:36 pm

A very nerdy one here but it's always bothered me:

How is it possible to observe the light from the relay explosions, when it should take thousands of years to reach that vantage point outside the galaxy?

The answer to this one is probably "artistic license", so it's probably not worth putting in the main list.

Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by demersel Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:39 pm

Eryri wrote:A very nerdy one here but it's always bothered me:

How is it possible to observe the light from the relay explosions, when it should take thousands of years to reach that vantage point outside the galaxy?

The answer to this one is probably "artistic license", so it's probably not worth putting in the main list.

Oh! OH! I know the answer to that!!!

Because it all happened a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away!!! Liara
demersel
demersel
Battlemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:43 pm

demersel wrote:

lol! Good one!
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Of Kesak11 Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:44 pm

demersel wrote:
Eryri wrote:A very nerdy one here but it's always bothered me:

lol!
Ninja
Ghost Of Kesak11
Ghost Of Kesak11
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:45 pm

Priority Earth

How come theres no red shift when the fleet passes jupiter?
Why does Anderson say the reapers brought everyone together, and when corrected by fish 'n' chips say exactly?
What caused the transport to crash before the beam run?

The Beam run

Why run head first at your enemy providing them with easy shooting practice?

Crucible

How can a power source differentiate organics from synthetics?
When the energy was released by the crudible, why wasnt the citadel utterly destroyed?

The ending

How did the SR2 survive the crash with multiple hull breaches?
Since the aim of the game was to destroy the reapers, why would i even begin to trust an AI that can read my mind and potentially influence my decisions?
Why were the patterns red/blue/green the same patterns of previous reaper conquests (as shown by Vendetta)?

etc.
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:49 pm

Pre-ending:

How does Vent Brat vanish without a sound?
What's up with that weird electrocution warning sign? Why would an air vent be electrified, and if it was how did Vent Brat avoid getting fried?
Why doesn't Anderson seem to notice or care about the child?

Ending:
Why doesn't the chain of relay explosions start at the Local Cluster? (again, 2nd hand information as I'm not familiar with the Galaxy Map)
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreHarbinger Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:51 pm

A final one from me for now.

What on earth is that noise when Shepard wakes up on the Citadel? (Post EC)

The Extended cut was meant to clarify the endings, not add more questions. Pre Ec, Shepard is shown to be on all fours and getting up. Why was this added and what purpose does it serve?
WeAreHarbinger
WeAreHarbinger
Blood Pack Boom-Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:54 pm

Why did EDI 'really' launch the fighter in cronos stations fighter bay?

Why does Eva Cores body not have a cerberus logo, but when edi takes it over it does?

What is 'Core Engineering'?
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by demersel Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:56 pm

Why do levels in Core engineering building are numered from top to bottom?

Shepard and anderson are on the level thhat has 2. The level below them has 3. Etc.
demersel
demersel
Battlemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:03 pm

I'll go through the large list in a bit and double-check, but before I forget here are a few huge ending-related things for me where:

1. Hackett knowing that someone made it up--implied one person, but Anderson made it up too.

2. How did Anderson come up "behind Shepard" when we can turn around right before entering the beam and we don't see anybody.

3. How did Anderson end up in a different part of the Citadel when the beam seems to link to one location?

4. What is the "neural shock"-like noise that we hear when Shepard regains consciousness inside the Citadel?

5. Why was the reaper sound (the one that sounds like "Save Us") so prominent and obvious right before Shepard gets hit? I know the sound isn't unique to that scene and used elsewhere, but it's placement is deliberate. Why? Why not a reaper horn or a more neutral tone?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:04 pm

Do you think it would be helpful to categorize the questions? At least Ending vs. Not ending? I'm happy to do it, just thought I'd get other people's input.

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:06 pm

how come shepard wakes up in the rubble in london and takes a breath?
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:09 pm

I don't know if this is a question for other people, but I'm still unclear on what destroy targets: All synthetics or only synthetics with reaper tech? Also, only synthetics that are 100% synthetic, or will it target even organics who are just partly synthetic (e.g., Shepard)?

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreHarbinger Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:20 pm

MassEffectFshep wrote:I don't know if this is a question for other people, but I'm still unclear on what destroy targets: All synthetics or only synthetics with reaper tech? Also, only synthetics that are 100% synthetic, or will it target even organics who are just partly synthetic (e.g., Shepard)?

From what i understand (going off Starbrat's explanation) it targets ALL synthetic life. Meaning anything like the Geth and EDI, it seems ships still function (Normandy) so i would assume anything like implants and partly synthetic life (Biotic's) go unaffected.
That's just assumption though, there is no clear cut evidence.
WeAreHarbinger
WeAreHarbinger
Blood Pack Boom-Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by demersel Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:22 pm

- Who was behind the attack on Lazarus Project?
demersel
demersel
Battlemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hukbum Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:26 pm

demersel wrote:- Who was behind the attack on Lazarus Project?
Shocked Why did this question never cross my mind?
A really good one ...
hukbum
hukbum
Abomination

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Of Kesak11 Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:26 pm

Ok I made the new format. Is this good? Time to edit in questions again. I made this quickly so there could very well be many mistakes.
Ghost Of Kesak11
Ghost Of Kesak11
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:47 pm

The new format looks great! You could add a "Normandy" subject b/c you have enough questions about the Normandy. Also "Cronos" doesn't have an "h" (sorry, just being nitpicky). Here are some to add:

Other:

In the Citadel DLC, what is the function/purpose of showing the video clip of the initial reaper attack on Earth? Why does Shepard not comment or react to it?

Aboard the Citadel:

What is the meaning of the "1M1" that we see all over the Citadel during the finale? We haven't seen this text anywhere before in the game, and there doesn't appear to be any other writing in the Citadel during this scene.

Crucible:

Why do the reapers not try to destroy the Crucible? The Catalysts' response implies that the reapers were unaware of the Crucible being built ("We believed the concept had been eradicated. Clearly organics are more resourceful than we realized"), but this seems unlikely given (a) the Crucible is relatively large and easy to spot, and (b) the reapers have indoctrinated spies everywhere. If the reapers really just didn't know, then how did they not know?

Who originally designed the Crucible, or at least, who first attempted to design/create/build it? How did the idea of the Crucible first come about?

When presenting the control option, the Catalyst does not directly state that they are not in control of Shepard (whereas he does state they were controlling TIM). Are the reapers (partially) in control of Shepard?

How does the Catalyst determine that Shepard (or more broadly, organics and synthetics) is ready for synthesis, especially given that it has failed in past cycles?

(Also, for the character section, I think you mean "Kahlee Sanders")

NOTE: There were some great questions posed on BSN recently...I'll try to sift through the threads and see if I can find some more. I know we're missing a ton!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:50 pm

The new format's much clearer.

Another Ending Question:

Why does Shepard's lover hesitate to place his or her name on the memorial after high EMS Destroy? How can they possibly know that Shepard is alive? Are we to believe that he or she is psychic?

Edit: actually this is already covered by the first question in that section, nevermind.

Last edited by Eryri on Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Of Kesak11 Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:50 pm

MassEffectFshep wrote:The new format looks great! You could add a "Normandy" subject b/c you have enough questions about the Normandy. Also "Cronos" doesn't have an "h" (sorry, just being nitpicky). Here are some to add:

Other:

In the Citadel DLC, what is the function/purpose of showing the video clip of the initial reaper attack on Earth? Why does Shepard not comment or react to it?

Aboard the Citadel:

What is the meaning of the "1M1" that we see all over the Citadel during the finale? We haven't seen this text anywhere before in the game, and there doesn't appear to be any other writing in the Citadel during this scene.

Crucible:

Why do the reapers not try to destroy the Crucible? The Catalysts' response implies that the reapers were unaware of the Crucible being built ("We believed the concept had been eradicated. Clearly organics are more resourceful than we realized"), but this seems unlikely given (a) the Crucible is relatively large and easy to spot, and (b) the reapers have indoctrinated spies everywhere. If the reapers really just didn't know, then how did they not know?

Who originally designed the Crucible, or at least, who first attempted to design/create/build it? How did the idea of the Crucible first come about?

When presenting the control option, the Catalyst does not directly state that they are not in control of Shepard (whereas he does state they were controlling TIM). Are the reapers (partially) in control of Shepard?

How does the Catalyst determine that Shepard (or more broadly, organics and synthetics) is ready for synthesis, especially given that it has failed in past cycles?

(Also, for the character section, I think you mean "Kahlee Sanders")

NOTE: There were some great questions posed on BSN recently...I'll try to sift through the threads and see if I can find some more. I know we're missing a ton!
Ok thanks the spelling correction. Ill fix them right away. Yes we are missing quite a few questions.
Ghost Of Kesak11
Ghost Of Kesak11
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:55 pm

Another Crucible question: The Crucible design seems to strongly imply that it would fit with the Citadel (given how smoothly it slides into the Citadel arms and docks). Why did none of the brilliant scientists working on the Crucible notice this? It seems like it would be obvious to anyone who was familiar with the structure of the Crucible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:06 pm

Characters: What exactly happens to Legion? Why is "direct personality dissemination" required to upload the code in the Rannoch finale?

Citadel/Ending: How did they get the Citadel to Earth? How does the Citadel move?

Crucible: What was the original purpose of the Crucible? Did the original creators know the Catalyst was controlling the reapers?

Run to the Beam: What exactly is this beam of light? Is it a one-way transport? Are there any other beams like this in the MEU? Why does the beam remain post-ending (e.g., it is depicted in High-EMS Destroy stills in the EC)? How was this beam not destroyed in the blast?

Aboard the Citadel: How is Hackett able to communicate with Shepard (right after Anderson dies)? Is Shepard's radio able to communicate with Anderson, Hackett, and other Alliance forces (as, at some point we here radio chatter from all these sources)?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:12 pm

Run to the Beam: How does Shepard survive Harbinger's blast?

Citadel: If the Catalyst is controlling the Citadel (or if the Citadel is his "home"), why did he need Sovereign to open the relay for the reapers?

Also, these questions remind me a lot of MrBTongue's discussion of the loss of narrative coherence, and how this is arguably the biggest problem with the ending. Here is a link to the part of his video where he starts talking about it in case anyone hasn't seen it and/or is interested in it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7MlatxLP-xs#t=1381s

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:18 pm

spotless void posed this question in another forum, not sure if it made it's way here or not:

"Why would the catalyst tell you about the tube if it was real?

If the chamber is stopping the crucible from firing then that means the Reapers planned for the crucible being connected. I can't believe they would allow themselves to be put in such a dangerous position that the choice of one organic determines their fate. "

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next