Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain/Ground Zeroes

+5
Fur28
estebanus
solidsnake78
Terramine
Hrothdane
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain/Ground Zeroes Empty Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain/Ground Zeroes

Post by Hrothdane Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:37 am

I know we have a few Metal Gear Solid fans out there along with some investigative minds in need of content to analyze, so I thought perhaps a discussion of the new Metal Gear Solid V information might be interesting.

Here is the trailer revealing that both projects are actually one and the same:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRSZy12EOSs

Things I took from the trailer:

1. The trailer begins with us seeing from the point-of-view of an unknown character, as indicated by Miller. I'm betting that character is the same bandaged patient we see escaping from the hospital with Big Boss. Whoever this character is, Kojima wants to keep us in the dark.

2. The kid with the gas mask is probably a young Psycho Mantis.

3. The black rider is wearing one of Big Boss's old sneaking suits from Peace Walker.

4. The white rider is almost certainly Ocelot.

5. The mysterious scarred man with the hat is never seen from a good angle. He's probably a character we already know.

6. The hospital has a British flag on the wall. Considering the timeline and the fact that Liquid was raised in England, this might be significant.

7. Naturally, since every Metal Gear Solid game has a theme to the quirky miniboss squad, (link: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/QuirkyMinibossSquad)
I think the theme for this game will be the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. We have already seen two of the four horsemen just in this trailer, and the black horseman has kind of a mystical quality to his depiction.

8. Big Boss missing an arm? That's gonna take some explaining.
Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain/Ground Zeroes Empty Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain/Ground Zeroes

Post by Terramine Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:21 am

A bit off topic.... Is this gonna be for PC? Cause for real, I've failed to keep updated since MGS4 due to not having a PS3 D:
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain/Ground Zeroes Empty Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain/Ground Zeroes

Post by solidsnake78 Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:01 am

IronicParticle wrote:A bit off topic.... Is this gonna be for PC? Cause for real, I've failed to keep updated since MGS4 due to not having a PS3 D:

I really hope so, want to see that FOX Engine shine.
solidsnake78
solidsnake78
Combat Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:11 am

solidsnake78 wrote:
IronicParticle wrote:A bit off topic.... Is this gonna be for PC? Cause for real, I've failed to keep updated since MGS4 due to not having a PS3 D:

I really hope so, want to see that FOX Engine shine.
It's possible they still will, if their willing to release it on the 360 now I'm gonna keep some hopes that they'll release a PC version. But I expect them to do everything to make the consoles shine more, so they'll probably wait till down the road >.>
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by estebanus Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:57 pm

There was this one scene in the "phantom pain" trailer I found very peculiar. There's this one scene where you see a burning man standing in front of Big Boss. And I always keep on thinking that that's Volgin. The suit looks almost identical to that of the colonel before Snake kills him.
estebanus
estebanus
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by ericformans_sisterisdead Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:05 am

is that bandaged man frank jaegar before he was gray fox?
ericformans_sisterisdead
ericformans_sisterisdead
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:37 am

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/01/david-hayter-comments-on-metal-gear-solid-v-absence

“I have been up in Toronto, for the past eight months, directing my first film,” Hayter explained. “On the December break, I came home to Los Angeles for the holidays. I heard then, that recording sessions for MG:V were being put together. But I didn’t hear anything about whether I’d be needed or not. So, I got in touch with someone involved in the production. We got together for lunch, and he told me that they ‘wouldn’t be needing me’ on this game. No reason, or explanation was given beyond that. And that was it.”

“It’s been fifteen years, nine games, and an enormous blast to undertake,” he wrote. “If it were my choice, I would do this role forever. To hear anyone else’s voice coming from Snake’s battered throat, makes me a little ill, to be honest. But the truth is -- it’s not my choice. Any and all casting decisions are the sole purview of Hideo Kojima, and Konami itself. And that’s fair. And I’ll get by. I am not lacking for employment on any level. But I didn’t want anybody to think that I was intentionally abandoning them. And know that I will miss this job, and this character, very much.”
-David Hayter

Now for an amazing theory in the comments about why Hayter isn´t in the game
"Most likely it's because it's not the Snake we know. The end of the of the trailer states that 'V' is awake. Now put that into context, I is Naked Snake AKA Big Boss, II and III are Solid Snake and Liquid Snake, and IV is Solidius. Leaving V to be yet another Big Boss clone. At least that's what I think, and both Liquid and Solidius had radically different voices than Big Boss and Solid Snake."

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:05 am

Fur28 wrote:http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/01/david-hayter-comments-on-metal-gear-solid-v-absence

“I have been up in Toronto, for the past eight months, directing my first film,” Hayter explained. “On the December break, I came home to Los Angeles for the holidays. I heard then, that recording sessions for MG:V were being put together. But I didn’t hear anything about whether I’d be needed or not. So, I got in touch with someone involved in the production. We got together for lunch, and he told me that they ‘wouldn’t be needing me’ on this game. No reason, or explanation was given beyond that. And that was it.”

“It’s been fifteen years, nine games, and an enormous blast to undertake,” he wrote. “If it were my choice, I would do this role forever. To hear anyone else’s voice coming from Snake’s battered throat, makes me a little ill, to be honest. But the truth is -- it’s not my choice. Any and all casting decisions are the sole purview of Hideo Kojima, and Konami itself. And that’s fair. And I’ll get by. I am not lacking for employment on any level. But I didn’t want anybody to think that I was intentionally abandoning them. And know that I will miss this job, and this character, very much.”
-David Hayter

Now for an amazing theory in the comments about why Hayter isn´t in the game
"Most likely it's because it's not the Snake we know. The end of the of the trailer states that 'V' is awake. Now put that into context, I is Naked Snake AKA Big Boss, II and III are Solid Snake and Liquid Snake, and IV is Solidius. Leaving V to be yet another Big Boss clone. At least that's what I think, and both Liquid and Solidius had radically different voices than Big Boss and Solid Snake."

That is possible. People are already suggesting that the bandaged patient, who identifies himself as Ishmael, may be an externalized fragment of Big Boss's mind b/c they seem to have the same voice in the gameplay trailer. Also, Ishmael is clearly voiced by Kiefer Sutherland. https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_35090&feature=iv&src_vid=pRSZy12EOSs&v=4uzTw9jF0jA

What's odd though is that the Japanese voice actor for Snake/Big Boss, Akio Otsuka, is not changing. This brings up all sorts of questions.

The gameplay trailer makes it pretty clear in my opinion that the gas mask kid is Psycho Mantis. The Black Rider appears to be channeling Volgin in the gameplay trailer as well.
Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by lex0r Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:17 am

This is getting just as crazy as every other metal gear before. I like it already, lol.
lex0r
lex0r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Prettz Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:27 am

In the first TPP trailer they used a dummy company name called Moby-Dick studios. hopefully you all know of the book Moby dick and the narrating character is called Ishmael. In the game with a bandaged faced guy that says "you can call me Ishmael" what intrusting is that is smellier to the vary first sentence in the the book that reads "Call me Ishmael." now the name Ishmael is Biblical in origin:found in Genesis but Ill look at that later.

so I wonder if it will have theme similer to moby dick, since are character has a missing limb, and in Moby Dick two characters have a missing limb. Ahab has a missing leg and is consumed for revenge. could Big Boss be consumed for revenge on someone like Zero or could Zero be the Ahab and seeing snake as a kind of Moby Dick that he manifest his fears and anger. Also BB (big boss) might be a representation of Captain Boomer from Moby-Dick. he has a missing arm like BB dose int the trailer. Captain Boomer came to terms with lossing his arm thou.

anyways just something to think about, thou much is just guess work with the few puzzle pieces we have so far.

Prettz
Prettz
Marauder

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:04 pm

Prettz wrote:In the first TPP trailer they used a dummy company name called Moby-Dick studios. hopefully you all know of the book Moby dick and the narrating character is called Ishmael. In the game with a bandaged faced guy that says "you can call me Ishmael" what intrusting is that is smellier to the vary first sentence in the the book that reads "Call me Ishmael." now the name Ishmael is Biblical in origin:found in Genesis but Ill look at that later.

so I wonder if it will have theme similer to moby dick, since are character has a missing limb, and in Moby Dick two characters have a missing limb. Ahab has a missing leg and is consumed for revenge. could Big Boss be consumed for revenge on someone like Zero or could Zero be the Ahab and seeing snake as a kind of Moby Dick that he manifest his fears and anger. Also BB (big boss) might be a representation of Captain Boomer from Moby-Dick. he has a missing arm like BB dose int the trailer. Captain Boomer came to terms with lossing his arm thou.

anyways just something to think about, thou much is just guess work with the few puzzle pieces we have so far.

Speaking of Moby Dick, wasn't there a big old fire whale in the trailer? It might've just been me hallucinating, I'm crazy I tell ya!
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Prettz Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:15 pm

IronicParticle wrote:Speaking of Moby Dick, wasn't there a big old fire whale in the trailer? It might've just been me hallucinating, I'm crazy I tell ya!

That was my fav part of the trailer, a huge wale jumps from that back of a hill and eats the helicopter in the air, and yes it's on fire. but Moby Dick a Sperm Whale and the one in the trailer looks more like Fin Whale or blue Whale. Uncertain
Prettz
Prettz
Marauder

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:58 pm

Prettz wrote:
IronicParticle wrote:Speaking of Moby Dick, wasn't there a big old fire whale in the trailer? It might've just been me hallucinating, I'm crazy I tell ya!

That was my fav part of the trailer, a huge wale jumps from that back of a hill and eats the helicopter in the air, and yes it's on fire. but Moby Dick a Sperm Whale and the one in the trailer looks more like Fin Whale or blue Whale. Uncertain
Well that doesn't necessarily mean there isn't a connection, they could've done that on purpose.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:26 pm

Big Boss gets called Ahab by one of the other characters in the promotional materials.
Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:54 am

I'm sure people have already heard about the announcement that Kiefer Sutherland would play Snake.

Conspiracy theory time! Credit to a friend for finding it.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain/Ground Zeroes TE9cJCP
Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by ericformans_sisterisdead Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:17 am

"OCELOT, WHERES CHLOE"
ericformans_sisterisdead
ericformans_sisterisdead
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:27 am

Re:New Coke, I wouldn't be surprised at this point, after reading this, at all. Thanks Hroth!

Back to top Go down

Post by Prettz Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:51 am

well till all that get settled at E3. In the spirit of IT forum I give this theory

Ishmael is defiantly using Kiefer Sutherland voice as well. So is Ishmael real or a figment of Snakes mind. w00t
Prettz
Prettz
Marauder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:54 am

Prettz wrote:well till all that get settled at E3. In the spirit of IT forum I give this theory

Ishmael is defiantly using Kiefer Sutherland voice as well. So is Ishmael real or a figment of Snakes mind. w00t

Or is he a clone?

The Big Boss clones have to start showing up soon.
Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Prettz Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:50 am

I hope it's not a clone or at least not a new clone. it's been use enough in MGS series that it dose not have the kick it use to have. The other clones would be to young at 1984... Unless it's not really 1984 Devil
Prettz
Prettz
Marauder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:10 am

New trailer looks pretty cool. It seems to have a real western-style aesthetic, which combined with the tone of the trailer gives it a very Unforgiven vibe.
Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Prettz Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:24 am

Love the song playing in it.
Prettz
Prettz
Marauder

Back to top Go down

Post by lex0r Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:02 am

Oh god, it oozes Snake Eater flair all over the place.

lex0r
lex0r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lex0r Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:02 pm

lex0r
lex0r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:18 pm

That extended trailer really is starting to hint at the heavy themes and content that Kojima mentioned a few months back.
Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum