Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mass Effect: 4 Anticipation Poll

+21
Ruwce
Hrothdane
Eryri
Home run MF
ericformans_sisterisdead
BlueLogic
Ghost Of Kesak11
dorktainian
HomesV500
skillz1986
Charlie Sheen
AxStapleton
Dwailing
Hanako Ikezawa
hukbum
DSharrah
Rifneno
Andromidius
Byne
WeAreHarbinger
BansheeOwnage
25 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Are you excited or interested for the next Mass Effect?

Mass Effect: 4 Anticipation Poll - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%Mass Effect: 4 Anticipation Poll - Page 3 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 3 ]
Mass Effect: 4 Anticipation Poll - Page 3 Vote_lcap45%Mass Effect: 4 Anticipation Poll - Page 3 Vote_rcap 45% 
[ 28 ]
Mass Effect: 4 Anticipation Poll - Page 3 Vote_lcap16%Mass Effect: 4 Anticipation Poll - Page 3 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 10 ]
Mass Effect: 4 Anticipation Poll - Page 3 Vote_lcap34%Mass Effect: 4 Anticipation Poll - Page 3 Vote_rcap 34% 
[ 21 ]

Total Votes : 62

Mass Effect: 4 Anticipation Poll - Page 3 Empty Re: Mass Effect: 4 Anticipation Poll

Post by BansheeOwnage Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:54 pm

Top! Banshee

Last edited by BansheeOwnage on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
BansheeOwnage
BansheeOwnage
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect: 4 Anticipation Poll - Page 3 Empty Re: Mass Effect: 4 Anticipation Poll

Post by BansheeOwnage Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:55 pm

Dwaling wrote:
BansheeOwnage wrote:
Dwaling wrote:
AxStapleton wrote:Rachni? They certainly played a big part. :/sarcasm

I never said they played a big part (okay, Big Mac seems to have been less than honest with that one), I just said that their story arc was resolved.
Nuupe, sorry. The have massive consequences - even in the ending! According to Mike G.

Wait, what? It was Mac Walters who said that they played a big part in the ending... Unless Mike said something somewhere else that I'm not aware of.

Edit: Man, it doesn't feel right getting top in a Banshee started thread. Banshee
BansheeOwnage
BansheeOwnage
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwailing Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:57 pm

BansheeOwnage wrote:
Dwaling wrote:
BansheeOwnage wrote:
Dwaling wrote:

I never said they played a big part (okay, Big Mac seems to have been less than honest with that one), I just said that their story arc was resolved.
Nuupe, sorry. The have massive consequences - even in the ending! According to Mike G.

Wait, what? It was Mac Walters who said that they played a big part in the ending... Unless Mike said something somewhere else that I'm not aware of.

Edit: Man, it doesn't feel right getting top in a Banshee started thread. Banshee

HOW DID YOU DO THAT?!?! Wat Wat Wat
Dwailing
Dwailing
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:59 pm

Dwaling wrote:
BansheeOwnage wrote:
hukbum wrote:
BW may think everything is ok, but I think they'll realize what they've done, when it comes to preorders.
I agree.

I think we might possibly be overestimating the number of people who are still unsatisfied with the endings. Sure, the BSN may still not be satisfied, but it's the frakking BSN. It is PACKED with Fan Dumb, Hate Dumb, Broken Base, and pretty much every other negative fandom trope in existence. However, when I see tweets to BioWare devs, they almost always seem to be positive. Also, PAX went well, I think, so I think most people might be happy, or at least not angry. My point is, I think we'll see more preorders of ME:Next than you might think.

No matter how low the bar, you find a way to dig a tunnel under it and still manage to disappoint. Picard Facepalm Holy hell. I don't even know what to say to this. I've never seen someone so drunk on ignorance from TVTROPES of all places. Simply amazing. I'd ask you what negative trope the video game awards filled when the rounds of applause for the other 3 Game of the Year nominees stopped dead in their tracks and you could hear a fly flapping its wings as they said "Mass Effect 3", but you'd miss the sarcasm and come back with some silly "hateraide through silence" trope. Are the casual fans still pissed about the ending? No, because they don't care anything about ME anymore and they've moved on. Does that mean that they'll preorder ME4? Does that mean that the gaming world has forgotten an ending so jawdroppingly terrible that news agencies like CNN and BBC actually covered the story of the consumer outrage? Spoiler: NO, IT DOES NOT.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by BansheeOwnage Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:59 pm

Dwaling wrote:
BansheeOwnage wrote:
Dwaling wrote:
BansheeOwnage wrote:
Dwaling wrote:

HOW DID YOU DO THAT?!?! Wat Wat Wat
1337 moderator skillz. Cool Tongue

Don't worry, I preserved you post in reaper quoted form. Starbrat
BansheeOwnage
BansheeOwnage
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwailing Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:04 pm

Rifneno wrote:
Dwaling wrote:
BansheeOwnage wrote:
hukbum wrote:
BW may think everything is ok, but I think they'll realize what they've done, when it comes to preorders.
I agree.

I think we might possibly be overestimating the number of people who are still unsatisfied with the endings. Sure, the BSN may still not be satisfied, but it's the frakking BSN. It is PACKED with Fan Dumb, Hate Dumb, Broken Base, and pretty much every other negative fandom trope in existence. However, when I see tweets to BioWare devs, they almost always seem to be positive. Also, PAX went well, I think, so I think most people might be happy, or at least not angry. My point is, I think we'll see more preorders of ME:Next than you might think.

No matter how low the bar, you find a way to dig a tunnel under it and still manage to disappoint. Picard Facepalm Holy hell. I don't even know what to say to this. I've never seen someone so drunk on ignorance from TVTROPES of all places. Simply amazing. I'd ask you what negative trope the video game awards filled when the rounds of applause for the other 3 Game of the Year nominees stopped dead in their tracks and you could hear a fly flapping its wings as they said "Mass Effect 3", but you'd miss the sarcasm and come back with some silly "hateraide through silence" trope. Are the casual fans still pissed about the ending? No, because they don't care anything about ME anymore and they've moved on. Does that mean that they'll preorder ME4? Does that mean that the gaming world has forgotten an ending so jawdroppingly terrible that news agencies like CNN and BBC actually covered the story of the consumer outrage? Spoiler: NO, IT DOES NOT.

Hm, either Citadel did a very good job of appeasing the fans, or the all the people as PAX were pro-ending while all the people at the VGAs were anti-ending...
Dwailing
Dwailing
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by hukbum Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:06 pm

Dwaling wrote:... resolved ...
Doesn't really matter because in the end nothing of it matters. That's the (or just my own) problem, and I didn't create it, BW did.

They think they've created the best ending ever, yet they still refuse to talk about it. And that's why I just don't care what the next game is about because without IT BW added some really questionable stuff to the endings and the game itself. Borderline racism, genocide and so on.

If you want to support such a company because you believe IT is true, well go on. I won't until I get the answer from BW and not from a (atm) fanmade theory.
hukbum
hukbum
Abomination

Back to top Go down

Post by BansheeOwnage Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:08 pm

Dwaling wrote:
Hm, either Citadel did a very good job of appeasing the fans, or the all the people as PAX were pro-ending while all the people at the VGAs were anti-ending...
Neither. There are a lot of reasons the VGAs were like that. As for the PAX panel, they're pretty much the only "fans" left, not a representation of the fanbase.
BansheeOwnage
BansheeOwnage
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:08 pm

Dwaling wrote:Okay, here's one thing that I'd like to point out. The endings don't need to resolve story arcs that have already been resolved. They need to finish resolving story arcs that haven't been resolved yet, and they need to either finish the series for good, or set up the universe for future things. The endings do the latter, because the series will continue.

Bullshit. The Reapers were supposed to be resolved in THIS GAME. Not the next. THIS GAME. Back while you were still trying to avoid catching cooties from girls, some of us were already invested in this series back in 2007 and had been promised a TRILOGY. Know what it starts with "tri"? Because that means there'll be three parts. Not two, not four, three. III. Am I getting through this time? Because we've had this conversation before. Let's ask for some clarification. Count from Sesame Street, how many games was this story supposed to take?

Mass Effect: 4 Anticipation Poll - Page 3 Count

Thanks, Count! Now if you double that, you'll see the number of years that we've waited for the conclusion! We're done waiting. Fuck Bioware, and anyone who tries to justify the way they've treated their fans.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by skillz1986 Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:15 pm

Rifneno wrote:
Dwaling wrote:Okay, here's one thing that I'd like to point out. The endings don't need to resolve story arcs that have already been resolved. They need to finish resolving story arcs that haven't been resolved yet, and they need to either finish the series for good, or set up the universe for future things. The endings do the latter, because the series will continue.

Bullshit. The Reapers were supposed to be resolved in THIS GAME. Not the next. THIS GAME. Back while you were still trying to avoid catching cooties from girls, some of us were already invested in this series back in 2007 and had been promised a TRILOGY. Know what it starts with "tri"? Because that means there'll be three parts. Not two, not four, three. III. Am I getting through this time? Because we've had this conversation before. Let's ask for some clarification. Count from Sesame Street, how many games was this story supposed to take?

Mass Effect: 4 Anticipation Poll - Page 3 Count

Thanks, Count! Now if you double that, you'll see the number of years that we've waited for the conclusion! We're done waiting. Fuck Bioware, and anyone who tries to justify the way they've treated their fans.

This...wait a second...i need to catch my breath...this post just made me cry because of it's epicness.
skillz1986
skillz1986
Adjutant

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:16 pm

I'm interested in the possibilities a new story in the ME universe presents. I'm excited by the prospect of a game affecting me the way ME1 did years ago.

EDIT: Threeeeeee! Ah ah ah!
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by ericformans_sisterisdead Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:24 pm

Rif u dont kno me but that post was epic u forever have mine and donnas respect
ericformans_sisterisdead
ericformans_sisterisdead
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:41 pm

Current Status (aka no IT reveal, no true conclusion to ME3.. IN THE GAME ITSELF, majority of the questions in the 'questions' stickied thread unanswered):

-Interested, but not so much in the game itself, just news on it
-No Preorder
-No Collector's Edition
-Most likely no Launch Purchase
-Maybe borrow from a friend, or buy used, when I care to get it (aka no money to Bioware)

Back to top Go down

Post by Home run MF Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:43 pm

I was excited twelve months ago, back when I thought ME3 was going to be the cherry on top of the best trilogy I've ever played.

Right now I'm disappointed but not because of the lack of a reveal or closure with Shepard but by the way Bioware treated their fans, they used hype and people's hope to sell DLC's and that in my opinion is not right. I know I'm repeating myself with this point, but why leave the IT thread open and encourage speculation but close it just before the last DLC comes out? Wasn't it a valid interpretation? Why the silence and Artistic Integrity but the subtle nudges the other way, just to get it all swept under the rug months later?

I'm curious about Montreal and what they're going to do with the new engine and all. But Mass Effect? I just don't care anymore.

Goodbye, Shepard. Thank you.
Home run MF
Home run MF
Gas Bag

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Sheen Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:15 am

Dwaling wrote:Name ONE story arc from ME1 or ME2 that wasn't resolved in ME3.
The Reaper conflict. Since BioWare has said IT is a valid interpretation.
Charlie Sheen
Charlie Sheen
STG

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:22 am

SwobyJ wrote:Current Status (aka no IT reveal, no true conclusion to ME3.. IN THE GAME ITSELF, majority of the questions in the 'questions' stickied thread unanswered):

-Interested, but not so much in the game itself, just news on it
-No Preorder
-No Collector's Edition
-Most likely no Launch Purchase
-Maybe borrow from a friend, or buy used, when I care to get it (aka no money to Bioware)

Pretty much.

I ticked "interested", though a better description of my feelings would probably be "morbidly curious." I'm "interested" to see how Bioware will dig the franchise out of this deep, dark hole, if they don't do a reveal soon.

I will search the gaming press for articles about it, but there's no way in hell I'm pre-ordering a collector's edition ever again. It's half price or less from now on.
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:09 am

Neither.
Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruwce Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:14 am

I am neither, i still need to finish commander Shepard's story and that had to be done in this game.

Bioware lost a paying customer, cause I wont accept the current endings as the end of this story arc.

What i really blame Bioware at this point, is that the literal explanation is full of inconsistencies and plotholes. The only way this game can be interpretated is to take a lot of the ending as non literal. But the only non literal explanation I can come up with leaves the story in an ambiguous state, which isnt resolved at all.

Bioware's problem is that the literal explanation sucks balls big time, and it will never be valid as far as I'm concerned. To pull off a good ambiguous ending, both types of endings need to be believable. I cant believe Bioware wont see thats not the case here.

The only way I'd consider buying the next game is when it will be (started as) a direct sequel, which finishes Shepards arc.

Ruwce
Pyjak

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:28 am

Ruwce wrote:

What i really blame Bioware at this point, is that the literal explanation is full of inconsistencies and plotholes. The only way this game can be interpretated is to take a lot of the ending as non literal. But the only non literal explanation I can come up with leaves the story in an ambiguous state, which isnt resolved at all.

Bioware's problem is that the literal explanation sucks balls big time, and it will never be valid as far as I'm concerned. To pull off a good ambiguous ending, both types of endings need to be believable. I cant believe Bioware wont see thats not the case here.

This ^^. At the moment we have an ending that is either:

a). resolved, but shitty beyond description, or

b). an ending which is quite clever in concept, but deeply flawed in its execution, and which simply isn't finished.
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by BansheeOwnage Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:35 am

[quote="Eryri"]
Ruwce wrote:

This ^^. At the moment we have an ending that is either:

a). resolved, but shitty beyond description, or

b). an ending which is quite clever in concept, but deeply flawed in its execution, and which simply isn't finished.
It's stupid and depressing, but you are absolutely right. Why Mass Effect? Angry Crying I would prefer it happen to any other game. Oh well, it's looking like

MASS EFFECT: STERILZED PLOT... POTENTIAL WASTED. Harbinger
BansheeOwnage
BansheeOwnage
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruwce Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:51 am

It's not like i want it to be stupid and depressing, I'm just letting the content of the game speak for itself Wink Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Ruwce on Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ruwce
Pyjak

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:41 am

Ruwce wrote:It's not like i want it to be stupid and depressing, I'm just letting the content of the game speaking for itself Wink Crying or Very sad

Ooh burn! Take that Mike Gamble! Laughing
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:55 am

BansheeOwnage wrote:It's stupid and depressing, but you are absolutely right. Why Mass Effect? Angry Crying I would prefer it happen to any other game. Oh well, it's looking like

MASS EFFECT: STERILZED PLOT... POTENTIAL WASTED. Harbinger
And the fans of that game would wish it happened to yet a different game. Sometimes we just get unlucky.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:19 pm

Any word on who will be leading the writing team on 4?
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by skillz1986 Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:37 pm

BlueLogic wrote:Any word on who will be leading the writing team on 4?

Jessica "the lore" Merizan.

God help us all should that ever happen.
skillz1986
skillz1986
Adjutant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next