Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prettz Zell Mass Effect 3 project.

+5
dorktainian
DSharrah
RavenEyry
BlueLogic
Prettz
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Prettz Zell Mass Effect 3 project.  Empty Prettz Zell Mass Effect 3 project.

Post by Prettz Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:12 am

did not want to clutter the indoctrination topic with this so I'll keep updates about it here.
My next mass effect project is a bit daunting so decided to make a topic thread to keep myself motivated thru out the ordeal. this is where I'll ask advice for some things and talk about the vid and random things
in my head I have a 3 episode project

1st episode will be about the citadel dlc as Shepard gets closer to what might be his death he remembers strange memories of fun on the citadel.

2nd episode Shepard is dead? after making his choice between control, synthesis, and destroy. Shepard finds himself in a meta world and is confronted by a being that says to have saved the universe with space magic. can shepard accept this?

3rd episode. Indoctrination theory video to end all indoctrination theory videos, what might be my last video on this subject I'll will try my best to take you all on a ride with Shepard as he battles with words against the being of space magic in a epic Science fiction vs Fantasy
Prettz
Prettz
Marauder

Back to top Go down

Prettz Zell Mass Effect 3 project.  Empty Re: Prettz Zell Mass Effect 3 project.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:09 am

NOTE: Also look into https://www.youtube.com/user/hypnogaja/videos the numbered tracks. May not be your genre though, which is fine. However, the lyrics and themes of the tracks might be good to use ;)

1st - Keep the good vibe of the Citadel trailer, but then zero in on the 'off' details and lines as the video and more eerie music progresses. However, then show a trend of Shepard's triumph over whatever the hell the DLC was, and how he WILL go and destroy the Reapers.

2nd - https://youtu.be/RgoY7Xe3gHI is all... Make it unreal.

3rd - VICTORY. Show and expose the motives of the Reapers, and, using ME1-ME3 optimistic tracks (Future of Krogan, Vigil, Suicide Mission, more), how Shepard will get out of this and conquer not just Indoctrination, but the Cycle itself.

If I had the time to edit, I'd make:
a) the Blue one about false safety and real evil, how 'shades of grey' and denial when dealing with the Reapers (aka DEATH, symbolically), leads to ruination
b) the Green one about mystery, manipulation, and the telepathic powers that exist in Mass Effect mythos
b) the Red one to show the destruction that the Reapers subject on everyone else, but also how that's not their dominion, but Shepard's - and he'll tear them a new one

Back to top Go down

Prettz Zell Mass Effect 3 project.  Empty Re: Prettz Zell Mass Effect 3 project.

Post by Prettz Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:39 am

So was thinking of doing a opening for episode 1 like my when the reapers cry clip. this time thou I'm wanting to animate mass effect 3 character a little but some problems with that idea

1. don't know how to animate 3d object
2. don't have a program to animate.
3. how the heck do I get mass effect models to work on it.

so armed with complete ignorance I ventured forth using my only weapon THE INTERNET. my quest lead me to garrys mod, slap 10 buck down and easyly got some mass effect models working on it and with no clue what I was doing I started messing around with the tools on Gmod.....
it didn't work out.
Spoiler:

then discovered Source film maker on steam and it's FREE... cheers wait I already bought Gmod Picard Facepalm
start watching tutorial vids
do what tutorial vid showed
get completely different result
watch vid again, see what did wrong
tries again YEAH it worked....has moment of sanity, raises arms up to ceiling shouting "why am I doing this"
goes and plays Final fantasy 14 beta. Javik\'s trolling
my BGM for todayDaft Punk - Superheroes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRt5z880CFY
Prettz
Prettz
Marauder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prettz Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:05 am

@SwobyJ yeah not much my genre, thou made me remember this song that everyone was talking about right after ME3 came out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dxytyRy-O1k
The cycle repeated
as explosions broke in the sky
all that I needed
was the one thing I couldn't find
And you were there at the turn Waiting to let me know
We're building it up To break it back down
We're building it up To burn it down
We can't wait To burn it to the ground
The colors conflicted
As the flames climbed into the clouds
I wanted to fix this,
but Couldn't stop from tearing it down...
Prettz
Prettz
Marauder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:46 pm

It all comes from the same archetypes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Prettz Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:20 am

cheers All right!!! got the HD texter pack downloaded now it's time to go capture all of Citadel cut scenes cheers

Very Happy UPDATE Very Happy Did first batch of captures, ended with 105 video files uncompressed so took up 435 gigabits, compressed them all (that took a good 8 hours) now they only take up 14 gigabits cheers alright time to go capture more video of citadel
Prettz
Prettz
Marauder

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:52 pm

Shocked 435...oh my.
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Prettz Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:26 pm

BlueLogic wrote: Shocked 435...oh my.
it got worse. Last batch got to 735 gigs but got them down to 23 gigs after encoding.

project update
party scene was hard to do since I have to do every bit over and over getting a close up of every ones face during conversations.
did a quick video for fun that I call "The wrex Gun" not sure if it's worth releasing thou.
Prettz
Prettz
Marauder

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:59 pm

Sounds like it's gonna be even more awesome than your past vids, good show.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:03 pm

Prettz you are awesome and I love your vids...but you crazy man!
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Prettz Thu May 02, 2013 11:19 am

DSharrah wrote:Prettz you are awesome and I love your vids...but you crazy man!

thanks Very Happy as for the crazy I can relate, I go back and watch my old stuff and think scratch how the heck did this happen.

and on that note here is another crazy short I just did on a whim.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Rf3Dwu6wgI
Prettz
Prettz
Marauder

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Fri May 03, 2013 3:20 pm

That was freaking hilarious. I'm not even familiar with Captain Power, but it hits all the notes of a Saturday morning cartoon I would have watched as a kid in the 80's.
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Prettz Mon May 13, 2013 1:18 pm

captain power was a kind of kid show in 1987 thou it dealt with a world destroyed by robots Javik\'s trolling

all right back home from vacation. Time to get working on the video. (thou I think I'm going to do a concept trailer for it first.(to test if I can do what in my head to the screen) Very Happy
Prettz
Prettz
Marauder

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Mon May 13, 2013 1:23 pm

good luck. i'm sure it'll be great.
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Mon May 13, 2013 1:35 pm

Yeah, that Captain Power vid is pure genius! Laughing

Looking forward to more of your stuff, as always!!!

DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Prettz Fri May 17, 2013 1:34 pm

here a vid of some experiments I was doing with mass effect

right now setting up a shot for the beta trailer. got the poses down for 2 of the characters, just 35 more to go Shocked
Prettz Zell Mass Effect 3 project.  RgPR7P8
Prettz
Prettz
Marauder

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Fri May 17, 2013 3:21 pm

I wanna Wrex gun!!
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Loadingue Sat May 18, 2013 4:29 am

Alright I'm here, Prettz.

You can give me the complete list of what you're looking for (models, maps) and I'll search for you.

My Source library contains over 500 maps and I'm pretty much aware of everything Mass Effect-related ever released for GMod.

However, I'm not sure about SFM and its compatibility, maybe some maps that work on Garry's Mod might not work with SFM, same with models. Regardless, I'll search for anything you need. If it's not compatible, I'll try learning about converting...

I love your videos, and I hope I can help you in this project!

Loadingue
Pyjak

Back to top Go down

Post by Prettz Sat May 18, 2013 6:16 am

sweet! cheers
for now I'm looking for a map that would feel like a devastated London. the plan shot is well this. starts around the 10 sec mark

so just some ruble to look down on with shepard on the ground and have shepard friends looking down. So I need prop wings to attach to the models.
also can't seem to find a model with a renegade looking shepard that has the glowing scars on his face.
thanks for the help

Prettz
Prettz
Marauder

Back to top Go down

Post by Loadingue Sat May 18, 2013 1:59 pm

Okay, for the London in ruins, best I've got is gm_apocalypse.

Prettz Zell Mass Effect 3 project.  1024x574

(Picture taken by me)

You can download it here but it requires Half-Life 2 Episode 1 and 2. If you don't have them, that might be a problem. I can figure something out though.

For the wings, I think this will work. Since it's a GMA file (downloaded through the workshop), you'll also have to use this tool to extract the files, that you can then copy to SFM.

As for Shepard, I suggest you take this one, but it doesn't have the Renegade scars... However, I took the textures from the game using Texmod and made them work with the model (pic taken in Garry's Mod, sorry for the sloppy work). You can download the 2 Renegade textures here. Just paste them to materials/models/nikout/mass_effect_3/sheppard and replace. I'm sorry, but I'm not too good at that kind of editing, and it might not look too good from up close. If that's a problem, I'll find someone to get it right.

Loadingue
Pyjak

Back to top Go down

Post by Prettz Sat May 18, 2013 5:13 pm

I have HL episode 1 and 2 just need to redownload them.

Cant access facepuch, the very day I purchased garys mod and started experimenting with SFM was the day they made that site friend invite only Crying or Very sad

If you want to send me a invite it's your call but I understand if you are weary of doing so. (I hear rumors they are ban hammer happy their right now)
Prettz
Prettz
Marauder

Back to top Go down

Post by Loadingue Sat May 18, 2013 5:33 pm

Wow, Facepunch is invites-only? I didn't know, but it doesn't matter, I'll give you the links to the things I mentioned.

GMAConverter
ME3 Shepard

Maybe that invites-only thing is just temporary though. If you ever want to visit it, tell me and I'll send you an invite right away. Since that's where most Mass Effect to Source conversions are made, you may want to.

Anyway, I thought maybe you should give filmmaking in Garry's Mod a second chance: when you're unfamiliar with the game, you won't get results, but for animating there's a tool called "Henry's Animation Tool" (you can find it on the workshop), it allows decent animations and is not too complicated. Just letting you know in case SFM starts to bore you.

Loadingue
Pyjak

Back to top Go down

Post by Prettz Sun May 19, 2013 8:05 am

Sure I'll take a invite, do you need a email to send it?

the tool you link works like a charm, been setting one shot up it SFM. after that done I'm going to start the angle shot. this will probably take some time drunken
Spoiler:

EDIT you know if a Maya Brooks (Mass Effect 3) model has been released for GMod or SFM
Prettz
Prettz
Marauder

Back to top Go down

Post by Loadingue Sun May 19, 2013 9:28 am

I'm glad it's working well. And yes, I need your email.

Unfortunately, it seems no one has ported Maya Brooks... yet. She is portable, so someone might do it eventually.

Loadingue
Pyjak

Back to top Go down

Post by Prettz Sun May 19, 2013 5:43 pm

alright I'll PM it to you Loadingue.

finished my first set up. I call it the 'Poster shot" now I'm going to crash Sleep
Prettz Zell Mass Effect 3 project.  H6I5GEe

no Maya Brooks yet Pinched well Ash is the stand in for now
Prettz
Prettz
Marauder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next