Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dragon age dumies lore questions by mara

+3
Norlond
umadcommander
marajade
7 posters

Go down

dragon age dumies lore questions by mara Empty dragon age dumies lore questions by mara

Post by marajade Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:08 pm

I played the two games adoring the first ad hating the second. But thats all, comics and books arent avaliable here. and i dont want buy online. So im starting discover characters are very different to my idea from games so i need you help to understand lore better.
1- Awakening show wyne going to a mage concilium, its that conciliun relevant templars mage battle?
2-Why templars are shown progressively evil in games and other media? lyrium drug is make him bersekers?
3- I hardened leliana why she return the dvine the ex mayorline lover ?

well thats today questions tomorrow more

marajade
Pirate

Back to top Go down

dragon age dumies lore questions by mara Empty Re: dragon age dumies lore questions by mara

Post by umadcommander Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:30 pm

marajade wrote:I played the two games adoring the first ad hating the second. But thats all, comics and books arent avaliable here. and i dont want buy online. So im starting discover characters are very different to my idea from games so i need you help to understand lore better.
1- Awakening show wyne going to a mage concilium, its that conciliun relevant templars mage  battle?
2-Why templars are shown progressively evil in games  and other media? lyrium drug  is make him bersekers?

1- dont know
2- The templars mind set is naturally anti mage, i dont think the lyrium itself has to do with how unreasonable they can be
3- Leliana was always singing the praises of the chantry and the maker so it should be no surprise when the warden goes off she turns to them
umadcommander
umadcommander
Rachni Brood Warrior

Back to top Go down

dragon age dumies lore questions by mara Empty Re: dragon age dumies lore questions by mara

Post by Norlond Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:44 pm

marajade wrote:1- Awakening show wyne going to a mage concilium, its that conciliun relevant templars mage  battle?
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Mage-Templar_War#The_aftermath_of_the_Kirkwall_rebellion
Norlond
Norlond
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/Skyzzed

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:38 am

marajade wrote:I played the two games adoring the first ad hating the second. But thats all, comics and books arent avaliable here. and i dont want buy online. So im starting discover characters are very different to my idea from games so i need you help to understand lore better.
1- Awakening show wyne going to a mage concilium, its that conciliun relevant templars mage  battle?
2-Why templars are shown progressively evil in games  and other media? lyrium drug  is make him bersekers?

I didn't read the books or comics either, but I've read some good summaries. Will answer best I can.

1 - As far as I know, nothing noteworthy came of it. Couldn't have. Awakening takes place during what would be year one of Dragon Age 2. The council meeting would've taken place about 6 or 7 years before the shit hit the fan in Kirkwall's Circle.

Talking was never going to accomplish anything anyway. Despite what some incredibly naive folks believe, an oppressive regime that's been in power of most of the known world for a thousand years is not going to stop being an oppressive regime because someone talks them into it. That's just not how the world works. Even DA's usually evasive writing team has flat out told us before that the mages were never going to get any freedom by asking nicely. It will be won by bloodshed, or not at all.

2 - They're just dicks. Whether in real history or in these types of RPGs, armies of ultra-religious nutjobs are never good. The lyrium probably doesn't help matters, but history has proven hordes of armed zealots don't need any help from drugs to be evil.

3 - Hardening her was never about her religious beliefs but about whether she should embrace her peaceful side or her violent side. Either way, I doubt it makes a difference. She acts totally different than either version of her in DA:O did.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by marajade Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:22 am

Thanks for the answers Today questions

1-Sebastian the virgin prince menaces to attack kirkwall at the end of da 2 if you side mages.
Do you think the kirkwall destruction in the trailer depends of what side you choose in dragon age 2?

2-The mark of assasin i just dont understand it what the hell tallis that elf is of want?

3-Tranquility rite would be reversible? what could that fact affect the forces balance?

marajade
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Byne Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:38 am

marajade wrote:Thanks for the answers Today questions

1-Sebastian the virgin prince menaces to attack kirkwall at the end  of da 2 if you side mages.
Do you think the kirkwall destruction in the trailer depends of what side you choose in dragon age 2?

2-The mark of assasin i just dont understand  it what the hell tallis that elf is of want?

3-Tranquility rite would be reversible? what could that fact affect  the forces balance?

1: I doubt it. They'll probably just come up with a different reason the city is being attacked if Sebastian didnt swear to do it.

2: Tallis wants to retrieve the list of qunari agents living in non-qunari areas before Duke Prosper gives it to the Empress, because she wants to protect the agents and their familes. She says most people on the list are just civilians or some such, and that lots of them have even left the qun, but that if the list gets out, they'll all be killed.

3: Not sure I understand the question. If you mean what ramifications does reversal of the rite have, I'd say it takes away a large part of the Templars' power if they cant hold Tranquility over rebellions mages' heads as a threat.
Byne
Byne
Threadmaster™

Back to top Go down

Post by marajade Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:51 am

yeah @byne that was talking about thanks for answer i dont know why but i still seeing Tallis like a qun gollower or something fishy in her something similar to majorline style in Lelianas song.

marajade
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Humakt Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:35 pm

Tallis IS a follower of Qun.

Tallis: "Before them I was nothing. I was a slave. My parents sold me into it. The Qunari gave me refuge, a purpose, and a name: Tallis."
Humakt
Humakt
Nightmare

http://www.celestialheavens.com/thundermaps/

Back to top Go down

Post by marajade Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:41 pm

thaks humatk83 sometime i have to gather forces and replay dragon age 2 dlcs included so tallis is qun and why hawk has to help a qun follower? crearly he she is completely mad.

more questions
1 The exalted march dlc was cancelled do you believe would appear in the inquisition game? i would be lost as hell if they dont explain the march.

2 Tevinter has a black chantry? is ruled by magisters? there is a reall mage circle in Tevinter?

3 a vizconde trying to kill of capture selene could that cause a civil war? the divine could desire defeat selene?

marajade
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by CSSteele Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:39 am

1.) I hope so, but we haven't been told anything. At this point I don't really expect more than a codex entry or a single quest-line that deals with Hawke.

2.) The Tevinter Emperium has a Chantry, it is run by male priests instead of a the Divine Mother's as the 'normal' Chantry we know of. There is no Mage Circle in Tevinter, because the Magisters run everything, including having their fingers in the Black Chantry there.

3.) In the book, the nobles were split in their support of Empress Selene. When the assassination attempt occurred, it caused a civil war due to the unrest over the Mage/Templar issue that was already causing trouble. The assassin was a mage, so it was designed to cause more strife. Did the Divine push for it? No, I think it was the High Inquisitor of the Templar order, personally. He was pure evil
CSSteele
CSSteele
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by marajade Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:00 pm

@CSSteele thanks a lot for explaining it the orlesian politics seem like a mud battle also you read the books could you or someone who read them whatat the hell inquisitors are? seekers chantry men, a society similar to jesuits i know how real inquisition was in my country im spanish. But devs clearly said they version would be no similar at all to real inquisition so im confused about it also there are female inquisitors?

marajade
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by CSSteele Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:13 am

You're welcome.

As far as the inquisitors, I believe they're a special branch of the Seekers. A group tasked with finding out information and learning the truth about ... well, in this case, the Mages and the Templars. They work for the Divine, in the chantry and not specifically for the Templars. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You should also try and watch Dragon Age: Dawn of the Seeker, while it isn't perfect in the portrayal of the Dragon Age universe, it is an interesting story with some interesting backstory for Cassandra.
CSSteele
CSSteele
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down