Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flemeth poll

+5
Norlond
RavenEyry
Raistlin Majere
CSSteele
Rifneno
9 posters

Go down

Flemeth is...

Flemeth poll Vote_lcap5%Flemeth poll Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Flemeth poll Vote_lcap14%Flemeth poll Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 3 ]
Flemeth poll Vote_lcap38%Flemeth poll Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 8 ]
Flemeth poll Vote_lcap38%Flemeth poll Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 8 ]
Flemeth poll Vote_lcap5%Flemeth poll Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 21

Flemeth poll Empty Flemeth poll

Post by Rifneno Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:36 am

Options in alphabetical order. Did I forget any of the major theories?
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Flemeth poll Empty Re: Flemeth poll

Post by CSSteele Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:31 am

The only theory I've actually read any thing about was the Fen'Harel bit, other than the one here that discussed Andraste and the Arch-Demon of the First blight.

On second thought, I'm really unsure of what I think Flemeth is, I really need to find and see these theories about who and what she is. I like the Dragon Age lore a lot.
CSSteele
CSSteele
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:41 am

I think you got them all.

Andraste or Razikale seem the most likely to me as Flemeth has not really had to much involvement with the Elves (minus the part where she is reborn in Dragon Age 2) but there is ultimately not a whole lot for any of the theories.

All we really know is that Flemeth is clearly something more than your average Witch / Shapeshifter and that she most likely has a far reaching agenda.

Last edited by Raistlin Majere on Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:59 am

She could be something to do with Andraste, but if it was her then where did the ashes come from and why do they have magic powers?

Because of the dragon thing being a tevinter old god is quite possible.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:28 am

RavenEyry wrote:She could be something to do with Andraste, but if it was her then where did the ashes come from and why do they have magic powers?

Because of the dragon thing being a tevinter old god is quite possible.

Well we can kill Flemeth in Dragon Age: Origins and her dialogue in Dragon Age 2 even indicates that it is canon that she dies in Dragon Age: Origins or at the very least she expected it to happen and took preparations against it.

Now unless the body is magically teleported to her new location that would mean Flemeth's old body is laying by the hut even as she reappears near Kirkwall. Considering the implication that Flemeth survives by taking the body of her apprentices, the idea of her leaving behind one body and being reborn in another, would make it quite possible for the Ashes of Andraste to exist...

Also now that I think about it...those Dragon Fanatics in Dragon Age: Origins believed Andraste had been reborn in the shape of a Dragon...off course the dragon was not Flemeth in this case, but if it turns out Flemeth is / was Andraste then those fanatics will have been partially right Grin
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:18 am

Excellent point, I never really thought about what happened to her old body when she got Hawke to resurrect her.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Norlond Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:01 am

So...

About 'The Forgotten Ones' wrote:According to legend they, along with the elven pantheon, were trapped away from the world at around the time of the fall of Arlathan.
Arlathan wasn't exactly destroyed, but sank underground
About 'The Old Gods' wrote: They turned mortals from worship of the Maker, recognized as the "First Sin". As a result, the Maker imprisoned them underground.
The Forgotten Ones = The Old Gods?

Also...
About 'The Old Gods' wrote:the Maker imprisoned them underground.
About Fen'Harel wrote: His supposed betrayal of both clans of gods by sealing them away in their respective realms, never again to interact with the mortal world, is sometimes used to explain why the elven gods did not intervene to prevent the fall of Arlathan. Indeed, Fen'Harel has allegedly never been fond of the elven people
Fen'Harel = The Maker, without actually making anything (except making his competition disappear conveniently)?

If true, Razikale isn't a viable option, and Maker and Fen'Harel would be the same option... mhm... not sure what to make of this

But I don't believe this is true, sounds too crazy, so I voted for Fen'Harel, because it just seems most likely for some reason Joyful
Norlond
Norlond
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/Skyzzed

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:17 pm

Raistlin Majere wrote:Well we can kill Flemeth in Dragon Age: Origins and her dialogue in Dragon Age 2 even indicates that it is canon that she dies in Dragon Age: Origins or at the very least she expected it to happen and took preparations against it.

Now unless the body is magically teleported to her new location that would mean Flemeth's old body is laying by the hut even as she reappears near Kirkwall. Considering the implication that Flemeth survives by taking the body of her apprentices, the idea of her leaving behind one body and being reborn in another, would make it quite possible for the Ashes of Andraste to exist...

Indeed. She even says to Hawke, "Must I be in only one place at a time?" She does enjoy her riddles but given her powers it wouldn't surprise me at all that she could magically clone herself. That's the explanation I usually give for the classic "if she's Andraste, what about the ashes?" question. Not that I believe she is Andraste particularly. I haven't voted because I'm not even sure which way I'm leaning. She's a great mystery.

For those that haven't read the novels or cliff notes, it should also be noted that Flemeth puts Allison DuBois to shame. She's not just a good guesser, she knows the future. In detail. She warned Maric of the major events of DA:O. In her usual cryptic tone, but she clearly knew about Loghain's repeated future betrayals, Maric's fate, and the coming of the Fifth Blight. Whatever she is, it's something powerful indeed. Magic tricks are one thing, but being a notch below all-knowing is quite another.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:39 pm

Rifneno wrote:
Raistlin Majere wrote:Well we can kill Flemeth in Dragon Age: Origins and her dialogue in Dragon Age 2 even indicates that it is canon that she dies in Dragon Age: Origins or at the very least she expected it to happen and took preparations against it.

Indeed.  She even says to Hawke, "Must I be in only one place at a time?"  She does enjoy her riddles but given her powers it wouldn't surprise me at all that she could magically clone herself.  That's the explanation I usually give for the classic "if she's Andraste, what about the ashes?" question.  Not that I believe she is Andraste particularly.  I haven't voted because I'm not even sure which way I'm leaning.  She's a great mystery.

For those that haven't read the novels or cliff notes, it should also be noted that Flemeth puts Allison DuBois to shame.  She's not just a good guesser, she knows the future.  In detail.  She warned Maric of the major events of DA:O.  In her usual cryptic tone, but she clearly knew about Loghain's repeated future betrayals, Maric's fate, and the coming of the Fifth Blight.  Whatever she is, it's something powerful indeed.  Magic tricks are one thing, but being a notch below all-knowing is quite another.

Interesting and if there ever was doubt, that certainly puts her timely rescues of the Warden and the Champion above coincidence...which means what those two did was important to her...though I guess in the Champions case she could merely have needed someone to help her revival...though I seriusly doubt that was all of it.
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:38 pm

I think a fair option would simply be unsure...that's where I sit, there is just enough known and unknown that any of the theories are relevant.
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Home run MF Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:35 am

The DA2 conversations screamed old god to me, but I'm not that much into the lore, It's just a hunch.
Home run MF
Home run MF
Gas Bag

Back to top Go down

Post by CSSteele Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:10 am

Well, if she IS an old god, why wasn't/isn't she corrupted? She specifically wanted the Warden to defeat the blight before they killed her.

... well, I suppose she could be the reborn Dumat as Andraste, if Rifneno's other theory is correct and someone conducted a ritual back during the first Blight. If not, then Razikale is the next in line to be corrupted, supposedly. How is she free? Why isn't she buried underground to be corrupted and destroyed? I think there's something far more ... mysterious going on with her than just that.

And, as Rifneno said, she told Maric several things about the future, about the coming Blight, Logain's betrayals and a few other things. Oh, and I -really- need to read the comics, as it was hinted a year or so ago that Maric was still alive.
CSSteele
CSSteele
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:16 pm

DSharrah wrote:I think a fair option would simply be unsure...that's where I sit, there is just enough known and unknown that any of the theories are relevant.

That would be the only option taken then, because nobody is sure.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:43 pm

Rifneno wrote:
DSharrah wrote:I think a fair option would simply be unsure...that's where I sit, there is just enough known and unknown that any of the theories are relevant.

That would be the only option taken then, because nobody is sure.

True enough...I just hate to vote for only one of the options when I feel like so many of them have merits.
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:12 am

Are we limited to just one option? Can't she be several of those at once?
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:59 pm

ZerebusPrime wrote:Are we limited to just one option?  Can't she be several of those at once?
Or can't several of those be the same thing just to the different people of the universe? I would say sure to both...that's part of what make sthe discussion so interesting.
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by HYR 2.1 Fri May 02, 2014 6:31 am

The Formless One.
HYR 2.1
HYR 2.1
Pirate

Back to top Go down