Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWE Thread

5 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

WWE Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: WWE Thread

Post by Rifneno Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:13 am

symbowles wrote:Vince has fully entered senility. He's blinded by Reign's lineage and his look, not to mention his own over-inflated ego. Vince has to have constant control over everything, it''s been reported that he re-writes scripts mere hours before Raw goes live.

How long do you suppose before the dirt sheets are reporting that booking meetings are getting tense when people have to remind Vince that Andre can't do a run-in because he's been dead for 21 years?

Not even The Rock could protect Reigns after the RR.

WWE Thread - Page 7 T5ZdBgn

Speaking of protection, why's he still wearing that stupid kevlar vest? Shield is over, bro.

Needs captions
Rock: Congrat-- what? Shit, really?
Reigns: AIRAIRAIRICANTBREATHEINEEDAIRILLTRADEMYTITLEMATCHFORANOXYGENMASKJESUSCHRISTIMDROWNINGINTHERING

ElSuperGecko wrote:Secondly, a Reigns/Lesnar WrestleMania main event has the potential to be Goldberg/Lesnar 2.  The best thing WWE can do now is throw BOTH Bryan and Rollins into the mix and turn it into a Fatal 4 Way.

Now now. Nothing has the potential to match Goldberg/Lesnar. That could barely even be called a match. There was very little physical contact. They mostly just stared at each other for 15 minutes while Austin looked pissed that he was involved in this trainwreck. I don't blame Goldberg for it though. Goldberg not wrestling > Goldberg wrestling. He doesn't know any better. He's everything that the IWC says about Cena.

The match should be one-on-one DB/Lesnar. It's the perfect David v. Goliath for DB and getting spanked by a malnourished halfling is the perfect send-off for that bag of vorcha cocks Lesnar. But they've already fucked that up by Staying the Course™.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:44 pm

Rifneno wrote:
Now now.  Nothing has the potential to match Goldberg/Lesnar.  That could barely even be called a match.  There was very little physical contact.  They mostly just stared at each other for 15 minutes while Austin looked pissed that he was involved in this trainwreck.  I don't blame Goldberg for it though.  Goldberg not wrestling > Goldberg wrestling.  He doesn't know any better.  He's everything that the IWC says about Cena.

OK, maybe that was a little bit hyperbolic.

However, Reigns vs Lesnar has disaster written all over it - especially if Lesnar is leaving. Reigns will be gassed after 5 minutes, and has zero experience working the kind of role he will need to work against Lesnar. Plus, the WrestleMania crowd are the die hard fans -the ones willing and able to fork out the necessary money for travel, accommodation, tickets to the showcase event of the year etc. They'll bury anything that falls short of what a Mania main event should be - and if we know for sure that Brock's leaving, then we'll know the outcome in advance. Reigns is swimming against the current in this one.

Rifneno wrote:
The match should be one-on-one DB/Lesnar.  It's the perfect David v. Goliath for DB and getting spanked by a malnourished halfling is the perfect send-off for that bag of vorcha cocks Lesnar.  But they've already fuckedthat up by Staying the Course™.

I couldn't agree more - Lesnar/Bryan one on one would be a stellar match. Bryan's got an incredible pedigree working with big men and making them look like a million bucks - Morishima, Big Show, hell he got an amazing match out of Mark Henry in his World Title run. Bryan will bump like a tranquilised Ziggler for Lesnar, and he's got far more tools in his locker available to actually put on a compelling match with the Beast than Reigns does right now. Only problem is, you can't go Bryan/Lesnar one on one without either

a: totally negating Reign's Royal Rumble win or
b: taking the title off Lesnar first.

That second option has possibilities. If Rollins can cash in before Mania we could have Rollins/Reigns and Lesnar/Bryan. But I can'tsee it happening.

So apart from Triple Threat/Fatal Four Way, the only other option I can see that would be well recieved is Reigns/Lesnar one on one... with Lesnar winning, and ROllins cashing in and winning the title afterwards. Imagine the visual - Mania closing with Rollins on the top turnbuckle, holding the title, while Reigns is slumped in the opposite corner, distraught at coming up short. There's the start of the new year's program.
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:02 am

ElSuperGecko wrote:OK, maybe that was a little bit hyperbolic.

Oh, good. A lot of people forget how truly atrocious that "match" was and think it was just a not-so-good match. I get a little defensive about it on that account. The world must remember. The bubonic plague wiping out a third of Europe in the middle ages, the holocaust, and Goldberg/Lesnar WMXX. Never forget.

However, Reigns vs Lesnar has disaster written all over it - especially if Lesnar is leaving.  Reigns will be gassed after 5 minutes, and has zero experience working the kind of role he will need to work against Lesnar.  Plus, the WrestleMania crowd are the die hard fans -the ones willing and able to fork out the necessary money for travel, accommodation, tickets to the showcase event of the year etc.  They'll bury anything that falls short of what a Mania main event should be - and if we know for sure that Brock's leaving, then we'll know the outcome in advance.  Reigns is swimming against the current in this one.

Well said. If they thought the RR reaction was negative, WM will be far worse. Although I'd argue we know the outcome in advance anyway. Brock has had the title since August. I can't fathom them letting him keep it any longer, that would be the dumbest goddamn--actually you're right, we don't really know the outcome as of yet.

Rifneno wrote:I couldn't agree more - Lesnar/Bryan one on one would be a stellar match. Bryan's got an incredible pedigree working with big men and making them look like a million bucks - Morishima, Big Show, hell he got an amazing match out of Mark Henry in his World Title run.  Bryan will bump like a tranquilised Ziggler for Lesnar, and he's got far more tools in his locker available to actually put on a compelling match with the Beast than Reigns does right now.  Only problem is, you can't go Bryan/Lesnar one on one without either

a: totally negating Reign's Royal Rumble win or
b: taking the title off Lesnar first.

That second option has possibilities.  If Rollins can cash in before Mania we could have Rollins/Reigns and Lesnar/Bryan.  But I can'tsee it happening.

So apart from Triple Threat/Fatal Four Way, the only other option I can see that would be well recieved is Reigns/Lesnar one on one... with Lesnar winning, and ROllins cashing in and winning the title afterwards.  Imagine the visual - Mania closing with Rollins on the top turnbuckle, holding the title, while Reigns is slumped in the opposite corner, distraught at coming up short.  There's the start of the new year's program.

The main issue I see with that is that Wrestlemania is historically extremely biased in favor of the face in the main events. It's always been the place where the hero is finally triumphant in the big payoff. Let's do a rundown.

I: Hogan & Mr. T vs. Piper and Orndorff: Faces win
II: Hogan vs. Bundy: Face win
III: Hogan vs. Andre: Face win
IV: Savage vs. DiBiase: Face win
V: Hogan vs. Savage: Face win
VI: Warrior vs. Hogan: NA, both faces
VII: Hogan vs. Slaughter: Face win
VIII (billed as a double main event): Savage vs. Flair: Face win
VIII (billed as a double main event): Hogan vs. Sid: Face win
IX (Murky): Hart vs. Yokozuna: Heel win
IX (Murky): Hogan vs. Yokozuna: Face win (fans, business lose)
X (Murky): Luger vs. Yokozuna: Heel win
X (Murky): Hart vs. Yokozuna: Face win
XI (Murky): Diesel vs. Michaels: Face win
XI (Murky): Taylor vs. Bigelow: Face win
XII: Michaels vs. Hart: NA, both faces
XIII: Undertaker vs. Sid: Face win... I think? Was Sid a face here?
XIV: Austin vs. Michaels: Face win
XV: Austin vs. Rock: Face win
XVI: Triple H vs. Rock vs. Big Show vs. Foley: Heel win
XVII: Austin vs. Rock: Heel win
XVIII (Murky): Rock vs. Hogan: Face win
XVIII (Murky): Triple H vs. Jericho: Face win
XIX: Lesnar vs. Angle: Face win
XX: Benoit vs. Triple H vs. Michaels: Face win
XXI: Batista vs. Triple H: Face win
XXII: Cena vs. Triple H: Face win
XXIII: Cena vs. Michaels: Face win
XXIV (Murky): Mayflower vs. Big Show: (Bitch)Face win
XXIV (Murky): Undertaker vs. Edge: Face win
XXV: Triple H vs. Orton: Face win
XXVI (Murky): Cena vs. Batista: Face win
XXVI (Murky): Undertaker vs. Michaels: NA, both faces
XXVII: Cena vs. Miz: Heel win
XXVIII (Murky): Punk vs. Jericho: Face win
XXVIII (Murky): Cena vs. Rock: NA, both faces
XIX: Cena vs. Rock: NA, it was once in a lifetime so this is clearly a clerical error
XXX: Bryan vs. Batista vs. Orton: Face win

So my point, an hour and a half ago before I began this, was that I don't see WM closing with a heel standing triumphant. It's happened, but it's VERY rare.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:59 am

Good one.  Have Reigns go over Bryan clean and have Bryan concede and wish him luck.  Yes, you've totally convinced the fans that Reigns is the one who should main event Mania.  Because we don't realize that wrestling is scripted and a clean win totally changes our opinions.

Hahahahahaha what the fuck is McMahon smoking shooting up?! I'm not even a real fan of DB and I can't believe this horseshit!
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by symbowles Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:12 pm

I love how Vince thinks that getting The Rock and DB to support Reigns will some how change the fans perception. He'll probably have Lesnar lift Reigns hand in victory.
symbowles
symbowles
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:03 am

To be fair, Reigns vs Bryan was a very good match.

To be even fairer, most of that was due to Bryan calling the match, Reigns was practically wheezing after five minutes and despite the attempts to reduce the reactions, the crowd shat all over him.

I feel bad for the guy.  I really do.  He's got a hell of a lot of potential, a great look and he's still young, but he's been put in a no-win situation by rushed and shoddy booking.  If they'd let him develop naturally and gain some experience - maybe aimed for next year's Royal Rumble and Mania instead of this one, given him plenty of one on one matches and ring time with the best in the business,then it would be a different matter.

Did you know Fast Lane's main event was only Reigns' 2nd pay-per-view singles match?

Elsewhere... DAT RUSEV.  Seriously.  Now there's a guy who debuted not long ago, but who has REALLY progressed.
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:09 am

Well, here's an interesting little story. No idea who the source is, other than it came from Reddit... but at the very least it's amusingly done:

Here is the full story from what I have been told from a very reliable source.

First, Brock Lesnar was not expected to put over Roman Reigns on the microphone nor was he expected to be part of the segment that featured Daniel Bryan and Paul Heyman putting Reigns over. Rather, Lesnar was expected to be a part of the main event. Lesnar’s walkout occurred in the hour or so following the Bryan-Heyman-Reigns segment. It is this reason why literally nothing of particular note to Reigns occurred in the main event aside from the Bryan tag-in which the commentators quickly put over as a bit of retaliation of what happened pre-Fast Lane now that they’re all buddy buddy (Bryan-Reigns).

Daniel Bryan was made aware of the situation before he cut his promo. Before Bryan did the professional thing that was required of him, putting Reigns over, you can clearly see much more intensity in the promo. That was the makings of a very good promo. It was also cut straight from the hip from a guy who feels legitimately robbed of his main event status at Wrestlemania for the chosen one who really fucked up in a pretty big way.

Reigns failed the WWE’s drug testing policy. The higher ups in the WWE were made aware of Reigns’s failure early Monday morning.

Clearly all involved are very disappointed in Reigns. It has brought back discussion of Jeff Hardy’s drug test failure prior to Wrestlemania XXIV where it was highly likely that he was to win his first championship (which was delayed until Armageddon in December). Many feel that Reigns should be forced to forfeit his position at Wrestlemania and take the suspension. However, Vince McMahon is backing "his boy" and made the decision not to suspend him as there is more than 30-days to go before Wrestlemania.

However, given the current situation in the UFC with the steroids controversy, Brock Lesnar is beyond infuriated with that decision. His legitimate fear is that should he choose to return to the UFC, quite likely given the money that Dana is offering, his Wrestlemania main event status against Roman Reigns links him directly to failed drugs tests in the media. It’s a guilty by association issue for Brock and a perfectly understandable one.

Lesnar has demanded that Reigns be replaced preferably with Daniel Bryan or John Cena, both of whom he is happy to put over given their popularity. Lesnar does not particularly care if the much smaller Bryan were to defeat him – it’s a non-issue due to the known ‘scripted’ nature of professional wrestling – as it wont effect his UFC reputation. Again, Vince McMahon has said that Reigns would not be replaced in the main event of Wrestlemania. Lesnar walked out.
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:55 am

Even if that isn't true, something huge IS going down. Lesnar was heavily advertised for RAW and he didn't show. Everyone says something happened and he walked out. To say Brock is paid well for the occasional appearances he does is more than a mild understatement, as is the fact he's a materialistic prick through and through. Whatever made him decide to throw away a giant bag with a dollar sign on it and go home after doing what he hates to do more than anything (travel)... it's not a small matter.

As Reddit has noted (many, many, MANY times) this reeks of trolling through. Lesnar suggested replacing Reigns with Bryan, the Internet's wet dream? Sure, okay. I'll buy that he said "the fans seem to like that little goatfaced guy, what about him?" but nothing more.

Though it would be amusing if this guy was trolling and yet he was still right about what happened. Like that douchenozzle who edited Benoit's wikipedia page to say his wife died when he first went missing.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:01 pm

WWE Thread - Page 7 B-FSX3RIQAAWxlk

Vince is better than ever at 69? How could that possibly have gotten past the editor?
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:35 am

Rifneno wrote:Even if that isn't true, something huge IS going down.

Absolutely.  I can understand Lesnar being seriously pissed off if he'd travelled for the show only to find out when he got there he's not being used.

It's also amusing also that WWE felt the need to immediately come out and "emphatically deny" the Reigns rumours rather than just ignore them, considering they didn't even seem that widespread in the first place.

Now we're get AJ taking Stephanie to task on Twitter, and the whole #GiveDivasAChance drama, and Steph and Vince responding.

Who was it who said controversy equals cash, again?

Rifneno wrote:
Vince is better than ever at 69? How could that possibly have gotten past the editor?

Wouldn't surprise me at all if that was Cranky Vince's own idea, to be honest...
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by symbowles Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:00 pm

I can't wait to see what else leaks out concerning Lesnar. This is the absolute worst time for this to happen, and quite frankly, WWE deserves it.

Here's a pretty interesting piece by Meltzer, gives some good insight on the state of WWE (It's long):

Spoiler:

I need a little more time to ingest it all, but I thought it was post-worthy.

Also,

WWE Thread - Page 7 Romanr10
symbowles
symbowles
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:50 pm

Hey Rif. It's just one week until WrestleMania.

And I still can't muster up any kind of interest in the main event.

I'm more invested in Paige/AJ vs the Bellas than I am in Roman Reigns/Lesnar.

ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by symbowles Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:31 am

Reigns and Lesnar are fighting?
symbowles
symbowles
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:08 pm

The Bellas are back together? (I'm not even kidding, I honestly didn't know that.)
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by symbowles Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:17 pm

WWE Thread - Page 7 IrYqH2x

I don't even have words for this.
symbowles
symbowles
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by symbowles Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:01 pm

Lesnar resigned.....wow
symbowles
symbowles
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:22 pm

symbowles wrote:Lesnar resigned.....wow

At first, I thought you meant resigned as in... well, let's just say I was I was really, really happy until I understood what you meant. :(
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by symbowles Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:13 am

Ambiguous post is ambiguous.

Lesnar has re-signed. My apologies :(
symbowles
symbowles
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:03 am

WWE Thread - Page 7 Giphy
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:37 pm

Holy fucking mother of god. At the 11th hour, they've decided Reigns was a flop after all and there's serious talk of Lesnar going over Reigns.

symbowles wrote:I don't even have words for this.

You and me both.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:20 pm

Well Lesnar didn't retain but they gave him the next best thing. Why would a MITB winner cash in during a title match and make it a three way? Especially a heel? It makes zero sense from his standpoint. It only makes sense from one standpoint: that of a hack booker who wanted to preserve Lesnar's push without preserving his title reign. We can't make Lesnar look weak by having him lose a match at some point! At Summerslam 2013, Punk did the job for one reason: because Lesnar needed to look strong going into facing the Undertaker and still look good even after jobbing to 'Taker. Of course we all know how that went. Then he went on to squash, of all people, John Cena. And now they're going to retarded measures to protect him even as he drops the title after 6 months of staying home playing with himself.

The only question I'm left with is whether Lesnar is polishing Vince's knob himself or if that pile of medical waste he calls a wife is doing it for him.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by symbowles Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:52 pm

They wrote themselves into a corner with the title.

I mean their options were:

Lesnar retains and takes a 6 month vaca. No.

Reigns beats Lesnar. No.

Rollins cashes in. This was the best route to go, imo. Not saying it was a good choice, but the best one available.

Simply put, Reigns is not ready to carry the title, nor does he deserve it. And Lesnar's next loss will be a huge thing, Reigns does not deserve that either.

The crowd was chanting "this is awesome!" not because the match was good, but because they thoroughly enjoyed watching Reigns get manhandled. Whenever Reigns mustered offense, he was booed...loudly. If he would have beaten Lesanr, there might have been riots.

This is all wwe's fault, but looking at the circumstances this was probably the best option for this fuckfest situation. The belt is back on TV, Reigns didn't pin Lesnar (so people don't have an additional reason to hate him), and Lesnar is still unbeaten since breaking the streak.

I could go off into a rant about Sting vs HHH, but I might break my keyboard. And let's not forget Undertaker vs Wyatt. Picard Facepalm
symbowles
symbowles
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:20 am

symbowles wrote:They wrote themselves into a corner with the title.

I mean their options were:

Lesnar retains and takes a 6 month vaca. No.

Reigns beats Lesnar. No.

Rollins cashes in. This was the best route to go, imo. Not saying it was a good choice, but the best one available.

Simply put, Reigns is not ready to carry the title, nor does he deserve it. And Lesnar's next loss will be a huge thing, Reigns does not deserve that either.

The crowd was chanting "this is awesome!" not because the match was good, but because they thoroughly enjoyed watching Reigns get manhandled. Whenever Reigns mustered offense, he was booed...loudly. If he would have beaten Lesanr, there might have been riots.

This is all wwe's fault, but looking at the circumstances this was probably the best option for this fuckfest situation. The belt is back on TV, Reigns didn't pin Lesnar (so people don't have an additional reason to hate him), and Lesnar is still unbeaten since breaking the streak.

I could go off into a rant about Sting vs HHH, but I might break my keyboard. And let's not forget Undertaker vs Wyatt. Picard Facepalm

I don't think Rollins is ready for it either. He and Reigns have been around the exact same amount of time, they've been solo the exact same amount of time. How is Rollins anymore ready than Reigns is? Reigns' only mistake is having been groomed for the role, overgroomed as it turns out. He's been the golden boy for so long that the fans resent him for it. Rollins is better in-ring but he's still no Chris Benoit and that's the bar for being champion based solely on your in-ring work.

Admittedly I haven't watched the product in months but Rollins wasn't exactly magic on the mic. I mean he wasn't terrible but he wasn't even above average. Remember the week after he broke Shield, he gets on the mic and goes at the booing fans, "You guys are still on that? I'm over it, why aren't you guys over it?" I facepalmed pretty hard. I think he was trying to come off as cool.

Anyway, Reigns' mistake wasn't even his own. What was he going to do, ask to NOT be pushed? Rollins' mistake was his own, and that mistake is dic pics. Remember when RVD got caught doing what literally everyone knows he was doing all along? It was like some kind of magnetic anomaly, you could see the belts fly screaming away from him (see, the joke there was that I implied the belts contain actual gold).

And yet here we are in the PG era, and they put the belt on a guy who has fresh dick pics smeared all over the Internet. Kids are googling the champion and finding pictures of his hornswoggle. See, this is one of the reasons John Cena was a great champion. He was never going to embarrass the company. If you find dirt on Cena, it's the dirt he got on his boots while stopping a school bus full of orphans from driving off a cliff.

But I digress. My problem wasn't so much with Rollins cashing in and winning. It was that they went to retarded lengths to make sure Lesnar never truly lost. If Reigns won and then Rollins cashed in on him, that means Lesnar lost a match. If Lesnar won and Rollins cashed in on him, that means Lesnar lost a match. They had a heel MITB champion cash in on an ongoing match - meaning his odds went from somewhere around 95% to 33%. He screwed himself for no reason at all, regardless of how it worked it for him in the end. All so that Lesnar never lost.

I do partially blame the fans for this. They're a bunch of fickle retards. They just hate whoever is getting pushed as a top face because fuck that guy. Reigns is getting the same treatment Cena got and for the same reason. Granted, I don't think Reigns is ready for or yet deserving of the push he got, but that has nothing to do with why the idiots are booing him.

Lastly, I must say, I'm a bit annoyed that people keep making comparisons between the Reigns situation and Lex Luger circa 93. The situations are completely different, and arguably almost opposites. The fans hate Reigns because they know he's the chosen guy, he's being groomed for the top position and they disagree with the choice. The fans were firmly behind Lex Luger in 93. The problem with Luger is that they waited too long to pull the trigger on his title reign. They built up to Summerslam 93 with Luger against the reigning Yokozuna. Luger won by count-out and they acted like that was some major victory even though he didn't win the title. Then came Survivor Series and they did a traditional tag team elimination match with the two. But the Undertaker no-sold Yokozuna's offense because Undertaker, so he got the next title shot at the Royal Rumble. Meanwhile, Luger dicked around with a feud against Ludvig Borga, generic large foreign man #854-B. Borga got injured and I don't think the match even happened. Only 4 PPV's a year at this point, remember. Luger's next shot was at Wrestlemania. Nobody gave a fuck about Luger anymore. Luger started his campaign against Yokozuna on July 4th 1993 and it was March 20th 1994 when they expected people to still give a shit. The only similarity between the two is that Brock Lesnar only works twice a year.

People say Luger is proof that only Hogan could've pulled off the role he played in 80's-early 90's WWF. I disagree. Hogan's biggest trait, more than even the patriotic angle, was that he always got the job done in the end. Luger never got the job done in the end. It was never his character's fault, but he never got it done. He knocked Yoko out cold at Summerslam, he won the Survivor Series match, and he only lost because of a douchebag referee at 'Mania, but the fact is he never achieved his one big goal of taking the belt back for the US. I firmly believe that if he took the title at Summerslam, things would've went much, much better for Luger.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:59 pm

Rifneno wrote:
I don't think Rollins is ready for it either.  He and Reigns have been around the exact same amount of time, they've been solo the exact same amount of time. How is Rollins anymore ready than Reigns is?  Reigns' only mistake is having been groomed for the role, overgroomed as it turns out.  He's been the golden boy for so long that the fans resent him for it.  Rollins is better in-ring but he's still no Chris Benoit and that's the bar for being champion based solely on your in-ring work.

Admittedly I haven't watched the product in months but Rollins wasn't exactly magic on the mic.  I mean he wasn't terrible but he wasn't even above average.  Remember the week after he broke Shield, he gets on the mic and goes at the booing fans, "You guys are still on that?  I'm over it, why aren't you guys over it?"  I facepalmed pretty hard.  I think he was trying to come off as cool...

WWE Thread - Page 7 Tumblr_me4xv37ROx1qmrflko2_400

Rollins was more than ready. Admittedly as you said you haven't watched the product in months, but he's been practically carrying RAW since the Royal Rumble. He has been the best heel on the roster for even longer than that in the cowardly, sleazy, self-important role - pretty much since his turn on the Shield. Plus, Rollins has YEARS of solo experience that Reigns doesn't. Ring of Honour, followed by 3+ years in FCW and NXT before he joined the WWE's main roster. He was having 30+ minute match of the year candidates with Bryan Danielson, Austin Aries and Claudio Castagnoli before Roman Reigns laced up his first pair of boots.

And that experience and ability shows. It's why Cena/Brock/Rollins at Royal Rumble is already considered a MOTY candidate. It's why Rollins has been consistently a focus at the top of the card since the SHIELD made their debut. It's why the crowd went insane when Rollins raced down the ramp during the Lesnar/Reigns match last Sunday.
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:21 pm

ElSuperGecko wrote:Rollins was more than ready.  Admittedly as you said you haven't watched the product in months, but he's been practically carrying RAW since the Royal Rumble.  He has been the best heel on the roster for even longer than that in the cowardly, sleazy, self-important role - pretty much since his turn on the Shield.

This is because the current product is complete shit (hence my not watching it for the first time since 1989).  Rollins isn't something special, he's a solid midcarder but that's it.  He's doing very good now because the rest of the roster either sucks or is being held down.  Especially the heels.  FFS, Cena was paired up this year with "foreigner who hates America", the most boring, uninspired fucking cancer to ever be called a gimmick.

Plus, Rollins has YEARS of solo experience that Reigns doesn't.  Ring of Honour, followed by 3+ years in FCW and NXT before he joined the WWE's main roster.  He was having 30+ minute match of the year candidates with Bryan Danielson, Austin Aries and Claudio Castagnoli before Roman Reigns laced up his first pair of boots.

Admittedly that sets him above Reigns, but that's pretty much par for the course for the rest of the roster.

And that experience and ability shows.  It's why Cena/Brock/Rollins at Royal Rumble is already considered a MOTY candidate.  It's why Rollins has been consistently a focus at the top of the card since the SHIELD made their debut.  It's why the crowd went insane when Rollins raced down the ramp during the Lesnar/Reigns match last Sunday.

LOL.  When Shield was still around, there was crazy Ambrose who everyone loved, there was Reigns that everyone knew Vince would push to the moon because of his size, and there was "that other guy."  Rollins was not the Shawn Michaels of that group.  The only talk that Rollins inspired was discussion of how he could've thought that hair looked good and still passed the drug tests.

The crowd went insane because they knew Rollins was going to walk away with the title.  If Barney the fucking dinosaur ran down with a MITB briefcase they still would've exploded.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next