Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWE Thread

5 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

WWE Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: WWE Thread

Post by Rifneno Wed May 13, 2015 1:24 am

I can't believe how hilariously bad management is.

DB can't wrestle? Make him forfeit the title, despite being more popular than a naked model in a prison.
Lesnar doesn't WANT to wrestle? Fuckit, rules don't apply to him.
DB can't wrestle and he has a completely meaningless title? BETTER MAKE THAT FUCKER FORFEIT AGAIN!

Seriously, if the IC title was retired forever, the only reason anyone would give a shit is nostalgia. It is utterly meaningless now. But hey, we can't miss a chance to kick DB while he's down.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Wed May 13, 2015 2:18 pm

I was slightly bemused by the choice of his opponents after his return to be honest.  And the decision for him to win the Intercontinental title at WrestleMania in the first place.

Just come back from serious shoulder injury & 6 months out?  Ease him back in slowly?  Nah.  Feud with Barrett, Harper & Sheamus. (the community reaction seems to be blaming his opponents for his fresh injury concerns; I don't particularly buy it mind you).

It's been a bad week for injuries in WWE.  Zayn makes his RAW debut, suffers a serious shoulder injury pumping up the crowd before the match even starts.  Hideo Itami, now out 6-8 months with a shoulder injury as well.  Bryan, MRI leading to undisclosed but potentially career ending injury...

...hey, at least we get to see him banter with Hogan and Jericho on Tough Enough, though.
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by symbowles Wed May 13, 2015 2:33 pm

I cringed every time DB took a bump.

But the dude needed to tone down his style, it was only a matter of time really. He should have done a Shawn Michaels and just stayed away for a few years to let himself fully heal.

But I agree with rif, wwe never misses an opportunity to take their shot at someone.

symbowles
symbowles
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Wed May 13, 2015 3:08 pm

Damn millennials, they just don't build these guys nowadays like they did back in the 80's.

Well, except for this guy, of course:

WWE Thread - Page 8 NtA0dnz
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Tue May 19, 2015 2:50 pm

WWE Thread - Page 8 QFrzZr

WWE Thread - Page 8 ClgyX5o
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Tue May 19, 2015 3:04 pm

Big guy jumps Cena during promo, segment ends with Cena lying flat while bad guy stands tall.

New and original!
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Tue May 19, 2015 4:27 pm

You're right of course - we all know how this amazingness is going to end. Yet another promising young heel to be inevitably crushed under the wheels of hustle, loyalty and respect.

WWE Thread - Page 8 John_Cena_LOL.0

John Cena: The Great White Heatsink
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Tue May 19, 2015 4:39 pm

Yeah.  Instead, every noob who won't last a year should beat a 98 time world champ clean.  That makes more sense.  I remember when I was a kid and mantaur made his debut, and I was like "OMG why won't Hogan job clean to this dude?"

Fuckin' Hogan.  Still hasn't jobbed to Mantaur.  That son of a bitch, who does he think he is?
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Tue May 19, 2015 5:56 pm

What was the point of even booking Cena vs Rusev in an "I Quit" match in the first place? That's literally just the WWE trolling the fans - they basically might as well have said LOLCENAWINS when they announced the match. "Oh, you're invested in Rusev and Lana now? Nope. Not on our watch."

Actually, I think I may have just answered my own question...

WWE Thread - Page 8 55681222
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by symbowles Tue May 19, 2015 10:20 pm

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I've actually enjoyed Cena as of late. His weekly open challenge is a nice change of pace from the constant six-man tag matches.

I thought Cena had good matches with Neville and Zayn. Neville had the match won if it weren't for Rusev. And both Neville and Zayn were allowed to kick out of the AA...I was very surprised at that.

Speaking of Rusev, he looked pretty dominant in the "I quit" match, imo. And the loss to Cena allowed the breakup between him and Lana to actually have substance. I also thought Rusev was great on the mic during his segment last night, showed good emotion was given a decent amount of screen time. I think he will be fine if, and that is a huge IF, WWE gives him direction and meaningful feuds. We'll see how this thing with Ziggler plays out.
symbowles
symbowles
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Wed May 20, 2015 12:46 am

ElSuperGecko wrote:What was the point of even booking Cena vs Rusev in an "I Quit" match in the first place?  That's literally just the WWE trolling the fans - they basically might as well have said LOLCENAWINS when they announced the match.  "Oh, you're invested in Rusev and Lana now?  Nope.  Not on our watch."

Actually, I think I may have just answered my own question...

WWE Thread - Page 8 55681222

Mick Foley has lost TWO I Quit matches and I'd say he's even less likely to quit than Cena.  Shenanigans were involved both times as they tend to be with pro wrestling.

If Rusev losing one match means you can't be "invested" in him, then you need to grow the fuck up and shut the fuck up.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Wed May 20, 2015 10:08 am

Rifneno wrote:
Mick Foley has lost TWO I Quit matches and I'd say he's even less likely to quit than Cena.  Shenanigans were involved both times as they tend to be with pro wrestling.

If Rusev losing one match means you can't be "invested" in him, then you need to grow the fuck up and shut the fuck up.

WWE Thread - Page 8 Bd084aacba3cd2252be917c30426c456

I get that you don't really follow the product any more out of pure rage and that you know the sum total of fuck all about wrestling outside the WWE anyway, but Rusev and Cena have had four matches, Rif. Rusev's won one (due to shenanigans), and lost the rest (clean as a whistle). Cena's constant gurning have made a guy with huge potential look like little more than a running joke once again. He had pretty much the same record during his feud against Bray Wyatt as well. Now he's got an Elimination Chamber match against Kevin Owens, and the trend looks set to continue.

In fact, I can't name one single up-and-coming wrestler who has come out of a feud with Cena looking good and with their momentum intact since Daniel Bryan at Summerslam 2013. And that's mostly due to the fact that Bryan at that point could have had a match with a wet paper bag and look good, and because Triple H's post match assault and Orton's cash in meant Bryan/Cena was a one off match, not a full-on feud.

Seriously, Cena puts HHH to shame when it comes to burying new talent.
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Wed May 20, 2015 11:01 am

ElSuperGecko wrote:I get that you don't really follow the product any more out of pure rage hatred of Brock Lesnar

Fixed.

and that you know the sum total of fuck all about wrestling outside the WWE anyway,

Oh, is this where you break out the Neckbeard +5 and tell me about how REAL fans have a closet full of tapes from Japan and beat off to the "glory days" of ECW wrestling in Bingo Halls?

but Rusev and Cena have had four matches, Rif.  Rusev's won one (due to shenanigans), and lost the rest (clean as a whistle).  Cena's constant gurning have made a guy with huge potential look like little more than a running joke once again.  He had pretty much the same record during his feud against Bray Wyatt as well.  Now he's got an Elimination Chamber match against Kevin Owens, and the trend looks set to continue.

Okay first of all, heels win by shenanigans.  That's how heels roll.  Even Triple H in his hayday won most of the time by shenanigans.  Deal with it.  But more importantly, not a single name you listed even deserves to be in the same ring with Cena or any other top tier main eventer.  This is like when DX was wrestling the Spirit Squad.  It's a bunch of noobs who have yet to prove their worth in a stupid angle with guys who they should be asking for autographs.  At least with DX it had comedy going for it.  Cena and Rusev is just a retarded idea and should've never happened at all.  Cena and Husky Harris 2.0 was interesting for the dialogue and stuff, but again, Husky Harris has no business going to WM against John fucking Cena.

Still waitin' on Hogan to lay down for Mantaur BTW.  While I wait on that, I'll contemplate how one can, with a straight face, call that I Quit match finish "clean as a whistle."

In fact, I can't name one single up-and-coming wrestler who has come out of a feud with Cena looking good and with their momentum intact since Daniel Bryan at Summerslam 2013.  And that's mostly due to the fact that Bryan at that point could have had a match with a wet paper bag and look good, and because Triple H's post match assault and Orton's cash in meant Bryan/Cena was a one off match, not a full-on feud.

Seriously, Cena puts HHH to shame when it comes to burying new talent.

Uh-huh.  And how many times did they have segments on RAW where the newbie heel laid Cena out, and the segment ended with Cena selling their offense like a shotgun to the face?  Now, I know I'm not a REAL fan like you.  I've never even been in a bingo hall!  But I've noticed a trend.  The more someone comes out on top of things in the RAW segments leading up to the PPV, the less likely they are to actually win the PPV match.  This is especially true if it's the heel that loses the PPV match.  Probably because, this way, neither guy gets buried.  One guy wins the unofficial fights, one guy wins the official match.

Now I imagine you picture Cena going up and demanding to bury all the new talent.  Literally in those exact words.  But I imagine if he's even involved in the angles, it's probably to say he wants to help bolster the new talent and the bookers decide to make Cena win most of the official decisions but the new heel to get enough quality offense that the feud ends with the fans believing that the new heel is good enough to at least hang with the best even if he can't quite top them yet.

Because you see, if Cena really was trying to "bury" the new guys, this shit?

ElSuperGecko wrote:WWE Thread - Page 8 QFrzZr

WWE Thread - Page 8 ClgyX5o

That shit would not be happening.

Ever.

Not ever.

This retardation is exactly why I don't go to internet wrestling forums.  The entire community is fucktarded, especially when it comes to Cena.  Everytime he doesn't spend the entire show fellating their new flavor of the week, they cry and they cry and they cry about what an atrocity it is.  Try thinking for yourself for once.  Or better yet, think at all.

P.S. If you want to blame someone for Rusev, I suggest you start with the lazy dickhead who gave him "large foreign man who hates America" for a gimmick.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:47 am

And Cena jobs clean.

I'm sure this will be quickly forgotten while the IWC desperately continues to pretend it's still 2006 and Cena still wins everything.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:39 am

Rifneno wrote:And Cena jobs clean.

Which is exactly what he should be doing.

Rifneno wrote:
I'm sure this will be quickly forgotten while the IWC desperately continues to pretend it's still 2006 and Cena still wins everything.

Hey, it's not the fault of the "Internet Wrestling Community" (something you're a part of yourself, Riferno) that it's taken Cena 13 years and 15 undeserved World Titles to finally be put in the appropriate position on the card.

I see the rematch has been booked already.  Let's hope Owens doesn't suffer the inevitable "Cena hangover", especially now he's been fast tracked to the main roster full time.  The company is in desperate need of top-of-the-card heels, and Owens is the best heel in the business right now.

Last edited by ElSuperGecko on Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:52 am

LOL.  When I saw the rematch booked, I thought to myself, "I bet that idiot will point at this, claim Cena will win the rematch and imply that makes a clean loss to a newbie who should be polishing his boots meaningless."  But then I thought, naw, he can't be that stupid.  Guess I was wrong about something at least.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:16 am

Rifneno wrote:LOL.  When I saw the rematch booked, I thought to myself, "I bet that idiot will point at this, claim Cena will win the rematch and imply that makes a clean loss to a newbie who should be polishing his boots meaningless."  But then I thought, naw, he can't be that stupid.  Guess I was wrong about something at least.

LOL @ "newbie that should be polishing his boots". I guess you really DON'T watch the product any more, huh Rifneno? Brock Lesnar wasn't even on the show; what's your excuse this time?

Yet you continue to speak with a false sense of authority on the matter. It's amusing, if only to note how totally and continuously wrong you are.

You know what else is amusing?

Rifneno wrote:But more importantly, not a single name you listed even deserves to be in the same ring with Cena or any other top tier main eventer.

I actually agree with this comment from a certain point of view. None of those guys DID deserve to be fed to Cena, or to have their momentum killed as a result. It's hard to say who had it worse, Wyatt with Cena happily no-selling every single thing about his character or Rusev, because the only thing worse than facing Cena is facing Cena while he's defending 'Murica. Talk about your unwinnable situations.

On the bright side, at least Cena being on the midcard where he deserves is giving the true talent at the top of the roster the opportunity to shine.

And yes, I include Jamie Noble in that statement.
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by symbowles Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:25 pm

Rifneno wrote:Anyway, Rusev needs a gimmick change.  Also: shoes.

You got your wish, Rif.
symbowles
symbowles
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:08 am

WWE Thread - Page 8 CLIov9NUYAEHegS
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by symbowles Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:19 pm

WWE Thread - Page 8 11141282_766491020143033_8536358449870749323_n.thumb.jpg.5971e854a7bcda601df5382b088879bd
symbowles
symbowles
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8