Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWE Thread

5 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

WWE Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: WWE Thread

Post by Rifneno Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:27 am

WWE Thread - Page 2 Tumblr_mqsc3pmA1T1sdsiw0o1_r2_250
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by symbowles Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:40 pm

WWE Thread - Page 2 Hhh11
symbowles
symbowles
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:00 pm

ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by symbowles Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:37 pm

MITB predictions?

Edit: #nevermind

WWE Thread - Page 2 A1K_jz2KuNL._SL1500__medium
symbowles
symbowles
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:47 pm

Wow... Totino's is hosting Summerslam?

But seriously. Word is that Cena winning the title was their original plan but since that poster got leaked they're going to do something different. Cena/Lesnar will still headline SS but they don't want Cena to get the title at MitB when the plan leaked on the Internet and everyone expects it to happen.

I thought that Cranky Vince got shut down. Huh. Well whoever it is, they have a sense of humor even I find vulgar. And they must REALLY hate Vince. I'd be surprised if it was JBL. JBL is a sad little bully known for picking on people below him, not people who can actually make his life the hell it should be.

Oh, right. Funny picture.

WWE Thread - Page 2 2011-10-14-wwe-brock
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:03 am

Watching MITB, the first MITB match is about to start.  I just had an idea.  They'd never do this because it'd be a good idea and WWE doesn't do good ideas.  But how awesome would it be if it turned out the Shield had just set up the Authority?

Think about it.  They knew they wouldn't get in the MITB matches, so they faked a breakup to get Rollins on the inside.  And Rollins talked Trips into getting Ambrose in.  And then at the end of the match, Rollins and Ambrose start teaming up again and reveal the breakup was a ruse.  So perfect.

But we can't have that shit, because we can't have stables stick together for long term nowadays!  Perish the thought!
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by symbowles Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:27 am

Or it will be an awesome match with a horrible finish....Kane? Really?
symbowles
symbowles
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:35 am

symbowles wrote:Or it will be an awesome match with a horrible finish....Kane? Really?

And horrible commentary. JBL is just terrible. "The Authority set this up!" "Give me a break with your conspiracy theories!" Christ, can you imagine what a trial life must be to be JBL? "What are these little balls in the apples?" "Seeds. Apples are grown on plants." "Plants?! You and your conspiracy theories! Black helicopters and men in black! Oooo! This is worse than when you said Kevin was probably a smoker just because he had a lighter and a pack of cigarettes."

Seriously, he's completely incapable of making even the most basic connections. The whole world must be a big magical mystery. FFS, at least decent heel commentators make crazy justifications for stuff instead of acting like they're too retarded to put 2 and 2 together.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:04 am

So Vince thinks kids are the current audience and they need to be all PG. ... And then he parades around Big_Russian_Doing_Anti-American_Gimmick #2185-K. Which is it, you old bastard? Either we need to be PG, or our audience has any idea who Vladimir Putin is. It cannot be both.

I wonder how Rusev himself feels about this shit. Is he thinking he's gonna be the next Brock Lesnar because, like literally everyone, he's getting an invincible push when he's new? Or is he looking at tapes of Kozlov and just going "shit, how am I going to avoid this path to unemployment with this gimmick that was stable before I was born?"

So the rumor mills say that Daniel Bryan is off the big push because he got injured. They say the proof is in that his big return interview was on a PPV preshow. I've gotta say, that's a damn good point. If this was John Cena, his big return interview would be the last segment of RAW or something. And it sure wouldn't be used to put over some numbnuts whose gimmick is that he makes a pun of his name and is a disingenuous douche. If true, it'd suck for DB and it shows how stupid the bookers (read: Vince) are... but I have to say, the tears of the IWC will be fucking delicious.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by symbowles Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:54 am

LOLCENAWINS

WWE Thread - Page 2 330
symbowles
symbowles
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:59 am

symbowles wrote:LOLCENAWINS

"SUPERCENA SUCKS THIS IS THE WORST THING SINCE THE HOLOCAUST" - the same smarks who would be cheering if DB was uninjured and beat everyone on the roster in an 80-on-1 handicap match.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by symbowles Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:20 am

Rifneno wrote:
So the rumor mills say that Daniel Bryan is off the big push because he got injured.  They say the proof is in that his big return interview was on a PPV preshow.  I've gotta say, that's a damn good point.  If this was John Cena, his big return interview would be the last segment of RAW or something.  And it sure wouldn't be used to put over some numbnuts whose gimmick is that he makes a pun of his name and is a disingenuous douche.  If true, it'd suck for DB and it shows how stupid the bookers (read: Vince) are... but I have to say, the tears of the IWC will be fucking delicious.

I hope this isn't the case. I thoroughly enjoy watching him perform.

Rusev needs a true feud with someone. If only there was some wrestler with a patriotic gimmick...oh wait. Lana's legs can only take Rusev so far. Watching him beat on every black wrestler and listening to Lana say "Pooootin" every week is boring.

It's also painful to see Kane doing what he's doing. It's like they have absolutely no idea what to do with him...he's in the title match but isn't actually trying to win the title? It's embarrassing. The Demon Kane? There's nothing demonic or even anything remotely scary about the guy. He's not a threat. At extreme rules DB nails him in the head with a tire iron, and he gets up almost immediately. Cena gives him an AA onto a stretcher and hes out cold. lolwut.

And it's so disappointing to see a match like that, which I thought was a pretty good match, end so predictably. And cole is going to call Cena "the greatest champion ever"?  Synthesis! 

But let me get this straight: The Authority stripped DB of the title because he wasn't  a 24/7 champion...yet it's looking like Cena will defend the title against Lesnar at SS. If Lesnar wins he will be a part-time champion. Wha...I...umm..ugh.
symbowles
symbowles
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by symbowles Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:43 am

Rifneno wrote:
symbowles wrote:LOLCENAWINS

"SUPERCENA SUCKS THIS IS THE WORST THING SINCE THE HOLOCAUST" - the same smarks who would be cheering if DB was uninjured and beat everyone on the roster in an 80-on-1 handicap match.

Oh don't get me wrong, I understand why Cena won and that it was probably the best choice considering the circumstances, but I'm still irritated by it.
symbowles
symbowles
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:47 pm

symbowles wrote:I hope this isn't the case. I thoroughly enjoy watching him perform.

I have a bad feeling they're right. DB was on the pre-show but that shit with Fandango got a spot on the PPV? And the Rhodes/Rybaxel match? Not a good sign.

Rusev needs a true feud with someone. If only there was some wrestler with a patriotic gimmick...oh wait. Lana's legs can only take Rusev so far. Watching him beat on every black wrestler and listening to Lana say "Pooootin" every week is boring.

What, Swagger? He'd have to be the face, and I don't see that happening as long as he's got a racist Yosemite Sam. Fun fact: Dutch Mantel also played a character named "Uncle Zebekiah" in the mid 90's where he managed a shitty tag team known as the Blu Brothers and a then-rookie JBL. I still wonder if Zeb Colter is a continuation of the Uncle Zebekiah character or if it's just a coincidence that he's played two character in WWF/E named "Zeb".

Anyway, Rusev needs a gimmick change. Also: shoes. This isn't the cold war, the gimmick he's got is painfully stale and has no future. Using Putin for cheap heat is just sad.

It's also painful to see Kane doing what he's doing. It's like they have absolutely no idea what to do with him...he's in the title match but isn't actually trying to win the title? It's embarrassing. The Demon Kane? There's nothing demonic or even anything remotely scary about the guy. He's not a threat. At extreme rules DB nails him in the head with a tire iron, and he gets up almost immediately. Cena gives him an AA onto a stretcher and hes out cold. lolwut.

Being in the title match and not trying to win the title devalues the title. I don't know how the bookers don't understand this. When people show they don't want the title, it never ends well. Finger poke of doom, anyone?

I'm beyond tired of Kane being booked as a monster. It doesn't fly anymore. I swear, it's like every 4 years Vince passes Kane in a hallway and goes "Holy shit, that guy's huge! We must book him as unstoppable right away!" Then 6 months later, he's jobbing to La Resistance. How many times has Kane suddenly become TEH MONSTER! again? Even more times than he's been de-masked/re-masked. So bad.

And it's so disappointing to see a match like that, which I thought was a pretty good match, end so predictably. And cole is going to call Cena "the greatest champion ever"?  Synthesis! 

Wasn't even the worst line of the night from Cole. That award goes to his ultra PC "No no, it's a native America deathlock." Not a single show goes by that I don't want to smack Michael Cole, but that was extreme even for him.

But let me get this straight: The Authority stripped DB of the title because he wasn't  a 24/7 champion...yet it's looking like Cena will defend the title against Lesnar at SS. If Lesnar wins he will be a part-time champion. Wha...I...umm..ugh.

Fuck, I'm still in disbelief that they let him end the Undertaker's streak.

Oh don't get me wrong, I understand why Cena won and that it was probably the best choice considering the circumstances, but I'm still irritated by it.

I didn't mean you, of course. I mean all the smarks who were gleeing over DB steamrolling everyone at WM30 while at the same time complaining about Cena overcoming far fewer odds. The way the Internet blindly hates Cena is just pathetic.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:06 pm

[quote="Rifneno"]
symbowles wrote:I hope this isn't the case. I thoroughly enjoy watching him perform.

I have a bad feeling they're right.  DB was on the pre-show but that shit with Fandango got a spot on the PPV?  And the Rhodes/Rybaxel match?  Not a good sign.

I caught the pre-show interview with Bryan -he basically said that the strength hadn'treturned to his arms following his previous surgery, and that he was set to go under the knife again as a result. If that's the cae, then I can understand the decision for him to be on the pre-show rather than the main show.

Ah, the IWC. Such an outdated term. Meanwhile, hey, AJ's back! And Divas champ again! So much for her being pregnant/finished/hiding in a secure bunker somewhere with Punk.
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by symbowles Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:40 pm

ElSuperGecko wrote:
Meanwhile, hey, AJ's back!

Not to mention Jericho returning. Wyatt should benefit from feuding with him.
symbowles
symbowles
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:40 pm

ElSuperGecko wrote:I caught the pre-show interview with Bryan -he basically said that the strength hadn'treturned to his arms following his previous surgery, and that he was set to go under the knife again as a result.  If that's the cae, then I can understand the decision for him to be on the pre-show rather than the main show.

Ah, the IWC.  Such an outdated term.  Meanwhile, hey, AJ's back!  And Divas champ again!  So much for her being pregnant/finished/hiding in a secure bunker somewhere with Punk.
[/quote]

Huh. I didn't catch DB's actual interview because my Internet sucks.

Words don't become outdated. Well, not in a matter of a few years. "Internet wrestling community" neatly and neutrally describes a group of people. It's fine.

People still think Punk is coming back at some random Raw. Lawl.

https://twitter.com/HoneyBadgerRif/status/483223171957415936 Hogan didn't answer my tweet... I wonder why...

Oh wow, that Cena gif symbowles posted didn't load for me until now. It's beautiful. Man bowling!

symbowles wrote:Not to mention Jericho returning. Wyatt should benefit from feuding with him.

Whose dick did the Wyatts suck to get such a constrant stream of grade A stars? DB when he was hotter than the sun, then John Cena who is always the man, now a returning Chris Jericho who is so beloved by the fans he couldn't turn heel if he ate a live puppy in the middle of the ring. Oh right, and the Shield. Haven't these crazy hillbillies ran out their "newbies get preferential treatment" card yet?
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:58 pm

Rifneno wrote:Words don't become outdated.  Well, not in a matter of a few years.  "Internet wrestling community" neatly and neutrally describes a group of people.  It's fine.

Technically every wrestling fan is a member of the IWC nowadays, but I know what you mean. The hardcore internet "followers", who read the dirtsheets, stalk the stars on Twitter, illegally stream every show and PPV, think they know it all and have an opinion on everything and who have never actually attended a live show in their life.

Rifneno wrote:
People still think Punk is coming back at some random Raw.  Lawl..

He'll only come back if and when he wants to. At the moment it seems he couldn't give any more actual fucks than we do about Synthesis supporter's ideas, so yeah, "unlikely" isn't the word.

Punk seems to have fallen out of love with wrestling entirely. He was never one who embraced the concept of celebrity, which makes his entire career path pretty enigmatic to say the least.

Rifneno wrote:
Whose dick did the Wyatts suck to get such a constrant stream of grade A stars?  DB when he was hotter than the sun, then John Cena who is always the man, now a returning Chris Jericho who is so beloved by the fans he couldn't turn heel if he ate a live puppy in the middle of the ring.  Oh right, and the Shield.  Haven't these crazy hillbillies ran out their "newbies get preferential treatment" card yet?

Well, the Wyatt's are awesomehillybillysawce so as long as they're feuding at the top of the card that's fine with me. The only down side is despite Bray's exceptional monologues, despite Harper's incredible matches and despite Rowan's sheep mask, they just... keep... losing.

Their new theme sucks balls, though.
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:53 am

Oh right, congrats symbowles on calling Swagger.  Was shocked that turned out to happen.  I mean it makes sense, but since when does wrestling make sense?  Damn, did you hear that pop?  Holy shit.

ElSuperGecko wrote:Technically every wrestling fan is a member of the IWC nowadays, but I know what you mean.  The hardcore internet "followers", who read the dirtsheets, stalk the stars on Twitter, illegally stream every show and PPV, think they know it all and have an opinion on everything and who have never actually attended a live show in their life.

Oh they go to shows, but only indy shows where they "keep it real".  But yeah, those assholes are impossible to tolerate.  "Let's throw shit at Khali because everything has to be a Kurt Angle/Chris Benoit technical clinic!"

ElSuperGecko wrote:He'll only come back if and when he wants to.  At the moment it seems he couldn't give any more actual fucks than we do about Synthesis supporter's ideas, so yeah, "unlikely" isn't the word.

Punk seems to have fallen out of love with wrestling entirely.  He was never one who embraced the concept of celebrity, which makes his entire career path pretty enigmatic to say the least.

Punk seems like a bitchy little drama queen to me.  I don't really care if he ever comes back.

ElSuperGecko wrote:Well, the Wyatt's are awesomehillybillysawce so as long as they're feuding at the top of the card that's fine with me.  The only down side is despite Bray's exceptional monologues, despite Harper's incredible matches and despite Rowan's sheep mask, they just... keep... losing.

I can't believe they got a new theme already.  Most people have to stick with one tune for years and years.  Ortard didn't get a new theme after a lengthy heel run with a face theme and he was a main eventer.  Cena's been using his theme for 10 years.  Big Show's had his since he first joined in 1998.  DB is still using Ride of the Valkyries, a fucking public domain tune.  Again I ask, whose member did the Wyatts gorge upon?

I'm so glad AJ is back.  Do you know why the women's title is a bad joke?  Because the women's division is a revolving door of "talent."  There's few female wrestlers at any given time, only half of them have ANY talent, and maybe 10% of them are around for any memorable length of time.  Eve, Kaitlyn, Kelly Kelly, it's hilarious how fast they come in, get pushed to the top, and go back out the door.  It's usually of their own free will too, most of them weren't let go.  Melina is the only one I can think of in recent years who just lost her job rather than gave it up.  Technically there was Mickie James, but she really brought that on herself.  Point is, AJ is the only one I've seen since Mickie James and Beth Phoenix left who really seems to have a passion for the business and will stay in the fucking company and not be a waste of a push.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by symbowles Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:43 pm

Rifneno wrote:Oh right, congrats symbowles on calling Swagger.  Was shocked that turned out to happen.  I mean it makes sense, but since when does wrestling make sense?  Damn, did you hear that pop?  Holy shit.

The pop was huge, Swagger chants!? Wow.

But I'm surprised it took as long as it did. I mean Zeb had a list of foreign wrestlers to deport, but the one that actually has a dislike for America is somehow absent?

Week after week Lana trashes America, and instead of having the guy who calls himself a "Real American" who has the catch phrase "We the people!" come out, they have Big E run around with a flag and cutting promos with a southern Baptist voice. smh.

WWE Thread - Page 2 Bige10

ElSuperGecko wrote:Well, the Wyatt's are awesomehillybillysawce so as long as they're feuding at the top of the card that's fine with me. The only down side is despite Bray's exceptional monologues, despite Harper's incredible matches and despite Rowan's sheep mask, they just... keep... losing.

Yep, for someone who calls himself "the eater of worlds" he sure hasn't looked strong as of late unless the rest of the family is with him. He got one win over Cena and that's because Wyatt's henchmen kept scaling the cage and even that wasn't enough. They had to have some little kid come out and start singing. Bray needs some CLEAN singles wins. And Jericho may be just the man to provide them.
symbowles
symbowles
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:40 am

[This post has been shoplifted by Emma]
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by symbowles Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:40 pm

WWE Thread - Page 2 Emma211
symbowles
symbowles
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:11 pm

Actually, now that I read it more, I think she really didn't mean to do anything. I figured she did the old "sneak it into a coat pocket, try to walk out" routine. She just forgot to check one item out at one of those self-checkers. That could actually be (and probably is) an actual mistake instead of a real attempt at a crime.

I'm glad they rehired her nonetheless. Even if she was guilty as sin, half the locker room has done WAY worse. Many of them have been arrested for DUI. Swagger got a DUI and stepped right into a title match at WM afterwards. Camerson tried to bribe her arresting officer. Randy Orton... do I even need to finish that thought? She shouldn't be fired for trying to steal a stupid iPad case after others walked off scott free after endangering other people's lives. I hope they don't even really punish her.

As for the Wyatts, I don't see why Bray needs clean victories. He's a heel. Heels, especially heel stable leaders, win by underhanded tactics. When Triple H was the number one guy and he was constantly steamrolling everyone else in the company, how many times did he win clean through sheer badassery and how many times did he win because he was a sledgehammer wielding douchecanoe with no sense of right and wrong? If he was a face, yeah, he'd need clean wins. But as a heel? Eh, wins are wins. And a non-match beatdown is almost as good as a win.

I'm sad that Swagger has no chance to come out on top of his rivalry with Rusev. Rusev is still too new and nobody loses their first few rivalries. Especially against someone that's being as not-pushed as Swagger.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by symbowles Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:16 pm

Rifneno wrote:
As for the Wyatts, I don't see why Bray needs clean victories.  He's a heel.  Heels, especially heel stable leaders, win by underhanded tactics.  When Triple H was the number one guy and he was constantly steamrolling everyone else in the company, how many times did he win clean through sheer badassery and how many times did he win because he was a sledgehammer wielding douchecanoe with no sense of right and wrong?  If he was a face, yeah, he'd need clean wins.  But as a heel?  Eh, wins are wins.  And a non-match beatdown is almost as good as a win.

Guess I should have used a better word than "clean". When I say clean wins I mean I want Bray to win some singles matches without outside interference. He can use any other underhanded tactics he wants: Weapons, low blows, etc., considering he is a heel. But, and this is my opinion obviously, when I watch Bray in a singles match he doesn't appear legitimate because he ALWAYS has the family with him.

If they ever want to put the title on him, he needs to be built up as a credible threat by himself. Especially with Harper and  Rowan making a name for themselves in the tag-team division.

Jericho is the perfect feud for Bray. Jericho can make Bray look strong and legit without needing assistance from Harper and Rowan (who are continuing their own feud with the Uso's). I Just can't buy into the "Eater of Worlds" thing with his past feuds.

Rifneno wrote:
I'm sad that Swagger has no chance to come out on top of his rivalry with Rusev. Rusev is still too new and nobody loses their first few rivalries. Especially against someone that's being as not-pushed as Swagger.

If the bookers are a predictable as they seem, I can see Rusev eventually getting a hold of the U.S. title and renaming it to the "Russian" title or something. You know how WWE loves to re-use old ideas.

WWE Thread - Page 2 4600921_orig
symbowles
symbowles
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:20 pm

Since they seem to be dumb enough to devalue their titles, I'd say it's more likely that Rusev will spit upon the US Title.  He may even win it, and then simply discard it.  All the titles have been merged with their counterparts except the IC and US belts.  Maybe Rusev doing away with the US title is how they'll handle that.  Between the two, I'd certainly rather they keep the IC title.

I don't see why a stable beatdown is any different than any other underhanded tactic like foreign objects.  A lot of stables have been extremely successful that way.  Look at the Nexus.  It's insane how well that gimmick went over, and those bastards were joined at the hip.  You couldn't fight 1 without fighting 7.  The Shield relied on 3-1 tactics like they were going out of style when they were heels.  Personally I detest the "numbers game" thing, but it certainly doesn't make them look weaker.  Their strength is just a different area.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next