Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWE Thread

5 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

WWE Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: WWE Thread

Post by Rifneno Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:05 pm

Saw this on a dirt sheet.

There continues to be talk within WWE that Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns will headline WrestleMania 31 next year. The belief is that Lesnar will defeat John Cena to become the WWE World Heavyweight Champion at SummerSlam, building to the moment that he drops the belt to Reigns as Reigns' crowning moment as the new top baby face in the company.

While there has been no confirmation that Lesnar is defeating Cena at SummerSlam, the word going around is that it is going to be a big show and that September's Night Of Champions pay-per-view, which will also feature Lesnar, will be just as big to try and persuade people to renew their expiring six-month WWE Network subscriptions.

JFC.

I know one thing that'll make me not renew is having that bag of shit as champion for one single solitary fucking second.  I'd take David Arquette over that crack baby.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:32 am

Don't buy it.

Mainly because it would involve WWE booking a Mania main event almost 12 monyhs in advance, and although Rock/Cena had almost 12 month build I can't see them going that route with Reigns. And Lesnar would need to be an ever present for nearly 6 months for it to really work.

Reigns is being pushed, no question, but I reckon they won't set anything in stone until the Rumble. Again. As we saw last year, a lot can happen in that time.
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:52 am

ElSuperGecko wrote:Don't buy it.

Mainly because it would involve WWE booking a Mania main event almost 12 monyhs in advance, and although Rock/Cena had almost 12 month build I can't see them going that route with Reigns.  And Lesnar would need to be an ever present for nearly 6 months for it to really work.

Reigns is being pushed, no question, but I reckon they won't set anything in stone until the Rumble.  Again.  As we saw last year, a lot can happen in that time.

You have a point in that it almost certainly won't end up that way.  But that doesn't mean they may not try to go down that road.  Don't kid yourself, they're trying to brainstorm ideas for next Wrestlemania from the minute the current Wrestlemania ends.  Regular PPV's, yeah, they don't think that far ahead.  The Big Four, they give a good bit of thought to.  SS and WM, lots of attention.  WM itself?  Always brainstorming.  ALWAYS.  They wanted Rock/Lesnar at 31 originally, but the plans fell through after Rock was hurt in 30 and didn't want to do a program with Lesnar on the following night's RAW.

I'm sure we won't end up with a 6 month title reign on Lesnar, but that doesn't mean they won't put the belt on him to begin with.  And having the belt on him for ANY length of time ranks right up there with Katie Vick in my book.  I could totally see them thinking they could do a 6 month reign with Lesnar only appearing at the actual PPV's and having Paul Heyman handle the promoting on RAW.  Or maybe have Lesnar do one RAW per month.  I don't know how many appearances they have him booked for a year.  Is it hypocritical to take the title from DB and then give it to someone who doesn't have a good excuse for being an absentee champion as well as a colossal following?  Sure.  Welcome to Vince McMahon's booking.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:59 am

Lesnar is...

Damn, I really don't know to be honest. Yu would have though that bybooking him to goover Taker they'd want to capitalise on that achievement. Then he's gone until Summerslam with not even a single appearance.

Reigns, Ambrose and Rollins are all being pushed to the moon. That at least gives me some hope that WWE might be looking to put over the next generation of stars - God knows they need to, they can't rely on the old guard any more.
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 am

ElSuperGecko wrote:Lesnar is...

Damn, I really don't know to be honest.  Yu would have though that bybooking him to goover Taker they'd want to capitalise on that achievement.  Then he's gone until Summerslam with not even a single appearance.

Reigns, Ambrose and Rollins are all being pushed to the moon.  That at least gives me some hope that WWE might be looking to put over the next generation of stars - God knows they need to, they can't rely on the old guard any more.

I really like Ambrose's new character. It's great. I love watching that crazy fucker. GenericBigMan375028-B? Meh. Rollins? I don't know. He's good but I'm still having trouble seeing him above the midcard.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:36 pm

Rifneno wrote:
I really like Ambrose's new character.  It's great.  I love watching that crazy fucker.

Agreed.  I've heard comparisons to Piper with Ambrose, and as far as crazy, unhinged scrappers go, he's got it down.  Mannerisms, promos, the lot.  He's made for TV.

Maybe a little too crazy for the WWE, though...  

Rifneno wrote:GenericBigMan375028-B?  Meh.  Rollins?  I don't know.  He's good but I'm still having trouble seeing him above the midcard.

Agreed on Reigns, he looked great with the Shield, but again - h was working alongside Ambrose and Rollins,and he was basically the hot-tag man of the team.  It's easier to rush in at the last second and clean house than it is to hold together an entire match on your own.  He's getting pushed to the top of the card though - I guess we'll see how well he can hang with the likes of Orton, Cena etc when he gets there.

Rollins is a great in ring performer, he can do some absolutely amazing stuff in there.  But I'm not sure his high flying style works for a heel character - it seems more like the kind of thing you'd want the crowd to be cheering for (or yelling "holy shit" at)
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:00 am

Being compared to Piper is a hell of a compliment, but I think he deserves it.

In other news, Santino Marella just announced his retirement.  Sad
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:21 am

Shoulder surgery up next for Bryan, and no timescale on a return. I'm figuring Bryan was working hurt for much of the last year (we know he had at least one concussion and one stinger prior to Mania) but kept going because, well, it's what he does.

The dirtsheets are suggesting it could be retirement time; I really hope not, but if the injuries are that bad, then yeah, get out. The only way is down after WMXXX anyway. Doesn't get any better than that.

In happier news, WWE have signed KENTA. And in slightly odd news, it looks like they're not giving him a new name. I wonder when the WWE Network becomes available in Japan?
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:53 am

Goddamn, and I thought Mr. Kennedy had bad luck.  Of course he was working with injuries though.  Who in WWE isn't working with injuries?

I don't know shit about Japan.

WWE Thread - Page 3 2j69qol_zps789609a7
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:58 pm

It's crazy.  Hunter, Orton and Batista all put Bryan over on the same night.  He has TWO amazing WrestleMania matches,opening and closing the show.  He wins BOTH the top titles in the industry, ends the night with the entire crowd chanting along with him, marries the not-insane Bella twin and goes on honeymoon.

When he gts back, his dad's dead, his neck is fucked, his shoulder is fucked and he's out for the forseeable future, if not forever.

I know the universe has a strange habit of kicking people in the balls, but come on man, that's just plain wrong.

Back to KENTA.  It ws interesting thart WWE.com made such a big deal about it - hell, they didn't give him a fake name.  The even referred to HHH as Paul Levesque.  It's eerily reminiscent of when they picked up Mistico, and the big deal they made about it.

Between NOAH, All-Japan and Dragon Gate, there's a LOT of really talented Japanese wrestlers - however, the Japanese style is less showbiz / more realism.  I'm curious to see where they go with Kenta as a result.  He's... kind of a big deal over there, and I imagine WWE will look to use him to open up the Far East market and generate real interest in the Network over there.  He could potentially make them a LOT of money, and after the share price crash following WWE's TV deal, they need a win.

KENTA's an angry bastard who knows his own worth as well - I can't see him doing any stereotypes or comedy routines, and given the language barrier I can only really see them going one route with him - and that's the Paul Heyman Guy route.

After the debacle of Mistico/Sin Cara, I think WWE will be much more cautious.  I'm looking forward to seeing him in NXT with the likes of Adrian Neville, Solomon Crowe, Sami Zayn and Kalisto, though (assuming they haven't all progressed to the main roster by that point).
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:28 am

I didn't know either Bella was crazy.  ... Y-you're not watching Total Divas, are you?  I mean, we're discussing watching men in their underwear pretend to fight so I'm in no position to throw stones... but dude, there's gotta be a line somewhere.

Kenta doesn't speak English?  Okay, his value just went down by 90%.  Seriously.  This is an American company and mic work is as important as in-ring work when you get down to it.  This is probably the biggest reason Sin Cara flopped.  He could've gotten over his Shockmaster-esque debut if he could pull off a promo.  Any promo.

As for Paul Heyman, fuck Heyman.  I watch RAW on DVR later, and I may watch commercials if I'm feeling lazy but I will never listen to a Paul Heyman promo.  I am beyond sick of that walrus.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by symbowles Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:20 pm

I might get some heat for this...but that Sting promo for 2K15 gave me goosebumps. I'm pumped for whatever WWE does with Sting.

Needless to say they have my money for 2K15 and the Sting shirt on WWE.com...I'm a weak man.
symbowles
symbowles
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:47 pm

Rifneno wrote:Kenta doesn't speak English? Okay, his value just went down by 90%. Seriously. This is an American company and mic work is as important as in-ring work when you get down to it. This is probably the biggest reason Sin Cara flopped. He could've gotten over his Shockmaster-esque debut if he could pull off a promo. Any promo...

Sin Cara had major problems adapting to WWE - mainly stemming from the obvious language barrier, but also due to ther fact that he was thrown onto the main roster straight away. No FCW/NXTbeddingin period, he was chucked straight in the deep end and it was expected that he'd swim.

Eh, no. It wasn't just that he was unable to cut a promo, not just that he was unable to work the WWE style, but that the existing WWE stars couldn't work HIS style either. So many botches, so little time. It was rather hilarious watching a furious Del Rio kick the crap out him after he got injured seconds into their match (Mistico's final WWE match), but it should never have got to that position.

Sin Cara was incredibly over with the younger generation though; even though he never said a word, the kids loved him. I remember going to a live event in the UK and seeing kids in full Sin Cara costumes crying their eyes out when Hunico pretended to be Sin Cara.

Kenta faces similar issues, but I think WWE has learned from the Sin Cara mistake. Neville, Zayn, Cesaro, Ambrose, Rollins and the rest have all been given a hell of a lot of time to adapt, first in FCW and now NXT. Forget the fact that they can all out-work 90% of WWE's roster, that's part ofthe problem - they all needed to learn to slow it down andwork at a pace that the rest of the roster can handle. All the Indy stars were used to going out and putting on fast, furious, 20-30 minute matches every time they stepped in the rng, which is great, but it's not what WWE wants. Ad breaks, people. Save that shit for the house shows and PPV's (if you get a spot).

Not sure if Kenta speaks fluent English or not to be honsest, but let's face it - no matter how smart of fluent he is, he's never going to be a Punk or a Jericho on the mic. He needs someone to do the talking for him.

Interesting that Heyman has apparently been disassociated from Cesaro...

symbowles wrote:I might get some heat for this...but that Sting promo for 2K15 gave me goosebumps. I'm pumped for whatever WWE does with Sting.

Needless to say they have my money for 2K15 and the Sting shirt on WWE.com...I'm a weak man.

No heat,Sting in the WWE has been a long time coming. Too long, to be honest. He'll be great for an authority figure, for merch, for documentaries and interviews on the Network, but his best days in the ring were behind him 10 years ago. That said, it'll be great to see "Borden Stevens" finally making an appearence in the WWE.

WWE Thread - Page 3 BsYopWHCMAET_Ma
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:43 pm

Interesting week of news in the wrestling world.

Bryan (with his surgically repaired neck) arrives home from appearing with Hulk Hogan, Paul Heyman and Sting at Comic Con to find his housebeing burgled; chases burglar for 400 yards then incapacitates him until the cops arrive, ends up doing a Pheonix PD press conference on FOX. His life has more ups and downs than a bloody yo-yo, but it's never dull...

...Spike TV is apparently set to end it's association with TNA. I'm not surprised to be honest, the company's star power is all but gone, it totally lost it's way about five years ago, it's talent relations is almost nonexistant and this is just the latest crisis to hit them. Amusingly this comes a couple of days after they announced a second series of British Bootcamp; I'd be amazed if the company is still around this time next year.

Kenta has given his first interview on WWE.com; confirms that speaking won't be his strong point. WWE has also today announced the signing of Irish-born "Prince" Fergal Devitt (again, they're heavilyu promoting the guy's real name and background, which like Kenta is a departure from what they've done in recent years). This could be just as huge as Kenta in their attempts to push the WWE Network in the Asian market, as Devitt has worked in Japan for years now.

Devitt is also one hell of a showman, which should be a perfect fit for WWE... although I'm not sure he'll be able to use all the gimmicks he did in the indies...

ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:20 am

"Video Of Brock Lesnar Hunting In Wisconsin" !!! Goddamnit! He was so close by and I could've made it look like a hunting accident! FUCK! Why wasn't I informed ahead of ti--oh, right. Well still, they don't know that!
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:33 pm

...and this week, WWE have signed 30 year old, 14 year indy veteran and Ring of Honour alumni Kevin Steen.

The recruitment drive continues. PAC, Generico, Samuray del Sol, Callihan, KENTA, Devitt and now Steen? NXT is going to be insane at this rate.

You might like Steen, Rif; he was the honey badger of RoH.
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:35 am

WWE Thread - Page 3 Washinghands_zpsb27e799d
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by symbowles Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:07 pm

$9.99
symbowles
symbowles
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:28 pm

symbowles wrote:$9.99

Is infinitely too much to watch WWE continue to suck Lesnar's tiny, steroid-ridden cock.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:35 am

Okay, it's Wednesday and I'm still just beyond disgusted.  Beyond flabbergasted.  I was afraid Lesnar would win the title.  I knew he probably would, and I was ready for that.  But THIS?  A fucking SQUASH MATCH?  Never in my wildest nightmares did I imagine this bowl of pig shit.  Holy Christ.  I don't even.  He squashed...  John Cena.  What the everloving fuck.

I'm just at a loss for words.  Vince Russo wouldn't book something this bad.  Cena is basically the Hogan of this generation.  To have him drop the Undisputed Title, on the main event of the second biggest show of the year, in a squash match?!  There are no words to describe the absurdity of this bullshit.

And that is of course not even touching on the fact that it was to a no-timer who was last seen breaking Taker's WM streak before taking 5 months off so he could beat off to the memory of when the gold digging bag of saline he calls a wife still resembled a human woman.  Yes, no timer.  I refuse to call that lazy cunt a part timer.  I know a guy that works part time in a lube shop.  He works 30 hours a week.  Brock Lesnar doesn't work 30 hours a fucking year.  He's not part time, he's no time.

I don't know whose dick you have to suck to get ahead in the wrestling industry, but apparently Brock Lesnar does.

And of course people are going "well I'm sure he'll pick up a real schedule now because they wouldn't put the title on a part timer!"  Yeah, that's exactly what everyone said after he broke the streak and then disappeared like Rena's top after 2 martinis.

I truly, truly hope he walks out on WWE again like he did in 2004.  It would be such poetic justice.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by symbowles Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:07 pm

I thought there was no way in hell wwe creative would give the streak to a part-timer. I thought there had to be some deal in place for more dates...but good ol' wwe just had to prove me wrong, in spectacular fashion.

Then they strip DB of the title for "not being a full-time champion" just so they can place it on Cena so he can drop it to...wait for it....a part-timer (although I do like the term "no-timer"). It makes absolutely no sense.

symbowles
symbowles
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:16 am

Yeah, a lot of people thought he must be moving up to a full time schedule.  Because the alternative is impossibly stupid.  And not only did we get that alternative, they divided by zero by having him squash Cena at SS.  At this rate, WM will just be Vince sitting in the middle of the ring rewriting the recordbooks so Brock Lesnar wins everything.

Wrestlemania VIII
Ric Flair vs. Randy Savage
Winner: BROCK LESNAR!
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:21 am

I checked a dirt sheet out of pure habit today and found a headline explaining why Lesnar squashed Cena.  It turns out, they want to book him as a monster.  Thanks guys, I couldn't have figured that out without you!  In other news, the sun is hot.  Is it just me, or is this Beiber fellow kind of irritating?
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by symbowles Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:41 pm

Also, wtf is up with the new title belt? I hate the designs they use. I giant "W"?? For real? That's the best you got?

The big gold belt should be the one and only championship belt imo. Classy look, full of history, and just all around awesome. Or they could go with undisputed championship belt they had in the early 2000's. But I can't stand these cartoony belts they have...it just makes it all seem so illegitimate.
symbowles
symbowles
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:10 am

symbowles wrote:Also, wtf is up with the new title belt? I hate the designs they use. I giant "W"?? For real? That's the best you got?

The big gold belt should be the one and only championship belt imo. Classy look, full of history, and just all around awesome. Or they could go with undisputed championship belt they had in the early 2000's. But I can't stand these cartoony belts they have...it just makes it all seem so illegitimate.

You meanWWE Thread - Page 3 WWE_Undisputed_Championship_Belt?  If so, agreed.  I really liked that one.  That and the eagle belt I grew up on were always my favorites.  I absolutely loathe the custom belts - Austin's Smoking Skull, Rock's Brahma Bull, and Cena's Spinner.

Classy > Cartoony > Based around one guy's gimmick

Of course, I'd take Zack Ryder with a belt made out of candy over Brock Lesnar with anything.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next