Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWE Thread

5 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

WWE Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: WWE Thread

Post by Rifneno Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:44 pm

VIDEO: Ric Flair Takes Part In The ALS "Ice Bucket Challenge"

10 bucks says the icewater busted Flair open.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:18 pm

Picard Facepalm  It comes out now that this was the plan since right after WM.  Lesnar squashes for the title, holds it to WM, drops it to the chosen boy Roman Reigns.

Only one thing changed.  Lesnar wasn't originally supposed to squash Cena, he was supposed to squash Daniel Bryan.  That's just fucking offensive.  Cena being squashed was bad enough, but DB?  Holy fuck.  It would've had the opposite reaction though.  Because most fans are colossal hypocritical douchebags, they were thanking Lesnar for squashing Cena.  If he had squashed DB, he'd probably be getting death threats.  I actually saw one site refer to the theoretical DB/Lesnar squash match's goal as "breaking the fan's hearts."  Yeah, no argument there.  No matter how much the fans cheer DB, WWE is hell bent on refusing to take him seriously.  And the cherry on the shit sundae was having him drop the title in a squash match, with no offensive, to a roided up freak who doesn't give a damn about the business enough to even show up 7 months out of the year.  I am just at a loss.  Wow.  No matter how pathetically low the bar is set, WWE finds a way to weasel under it.

And they actually have the balls to claim there's no glass ceiling.  There didn't used to be.  Austin, Rock, Triple H, Cena, all of them were stuck in the mid-card when they got enough man event levels of over and they were rewarded by being put there.  Nowadays, Vince just gets annoyed when someone gets more over than they're supposed to be.  Zack Ryder barely even had any TV time and he managed to get really over with Internet crap.  It was pretty amazing.  And then they rewarded him by using him as the buttmonkey in a Cena-Kane storyline and absolutely obliterated his credibility.  The Ryder thing, I've heard it said that's when a lot of the wrestlers stopped believing that they'd get rewarded for being over.  It really killed a lot of people's enthusiasm because they know that the only push they'll get for being more over than Vince wants is being pushed in front of a bus.  And now the Daniel Bryan thing, which was basically the same thing except more extreme.  And that Vince kept pushing him in front of bigger and bigger buses.

Besides being slightly larger than the average worker, I'm really struggling to understand what Reigns has done to deserve his status as The Chosen One(tm).
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by symbowles Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:46 pm

I do not understand Reigns at all. He's got the look, but that's about it. His move set is ordinary, and he gets winded easily. But he gets his dick sucked all night long, especially by JBL every time he does his bottom rope apron dropkick of doom move.

It's frustrating because we have Ambrose and Rollins stealing the show every single time they lock horns yet Reigns is getting the push. Cesaro is a very good talent yet he's put on the ss pre-show and doesn't even get his entrance aired anymore (although his theme is horrid). Harper is a phenomenal big man, yet he's getting butt fucked by Henry and Show.

Orton, the would-be heel was getting cheers against Reigns at ss. Maybe Reigns needs more time to develop, but right now I can't wrap my head around the push he's getting. At least have him feud for the IC title first, or something. Build up his credibility as a singles guy instead of forcing him down our throats in handicap matches and the hot tag in six-man tag matches.
symbowles
symbowles
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:53 pm

Rifneno wrote:Picard Facepalm  It comes out now that this was the plan since right after WM.  Lesnar squashes for the title, holds it to WM, drops it to the chosen boy Roman Reigns...

Looking at it on the bright side, whether it was originally the plan or not (and I've got no reason at all to doubt you on thatgiven the haphazard post-Mania booking), a Lesnar/Bryan title squash didn't actually happen.

Speaking as a huge Bryan fan, there was a big emotional pay off at Mania on the Bryan/underdog storyline - he got one hell of a Mania moment, beat the whole of Evolution on one night over two matches.  But as an underdog, he thrives on challenges and finding away to overcome them.  He's been squashed plenty of times in his WWE career before and it's actually helped him get over - maybe the idea was what (inadvertantly) worked at Mania with Sheamus could also work at Summerslam with Brock.  Who knows?  Or maybe it was just going to be a burial.  Either way, it isn't going to happen now.

Cena on the over hand.... the squash was MUCH more surprising, yeah.  Absolutely.  But bah gawd, was it cathartic for a section of the audience.  i.e. those fans who now expect Cena to rise above as a matter of course.  I'm sure right up until the three count there were people watching around the world expecting kickout/five knuckle shuffle/AA/Cena wins.  As Dean Ambrose would say...

WWE Thread - Page 4 Fark_ffhMs5VIooVw3r5hvP2JPcVeG_4

...so now there's doubt around SuperCena.  DOES he always, inevitably RISE ABOVE?  Is there a weakness there?  Can he turn the tbales on Lesnar?

Meh, I don't care to be honest.  I do worry though that if Brock continues turning purple like that his head will explode like the guy from Scanners.

Reigns... also meh.  He's still green around the edges, sure.  I've hated opn Orton for being bland and monotone at times, but at least he's capable of directing the action and carrying people through a 20-30 minute match.  There's not that many people in the WWE who can handle that kind of pace and keep fans engaged for that long nowadays (at least, not in the main event level), but Orton can.  Reigns?  He was the hot tag man of the Sheild - run in, hit his signature moves, clean house, come out of nowhere to set up the win.  And in six man tag matches, alongside Seth and Ambrose, he had a LOT of protection.

Main event singles matches?  Different beast entirely.  He simply doesn't have the experience to do it.  He was over at the Royal Rumble, but only because after the no show from Bryan and the elimination of Punk he was the only real option left other than Batista.  He's definitely got the stereotypical WWE look, but he needs a whole lot more than that.
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:01 pm

>SuperCena

That's stupid.  Cena has failed to "rise above" countless times.  He hasn't been truly unbeatable since his few title reigns.  The guy jobbed to fucking K-Fed and people are still crying about "SuperCena" almost a decade after he stopped winning everything.  The guy loses to the flavor of the week constantly, and has for a long time.  He was doing it back when You-manga first started.  A fat dude jabbed him with his thumb and Cena lied down for the three count.  You want to see TEH RISE ABOVE?  Take 20 minutes and watch this match.  Oh, sorry.  "Match"  Needs sarcasm quotes.

Maybe it's an age thing.  Cena has been the top guy for so long that younger viewers have no idea that it has always been like this.  There has always been a "top guy" who is nearly impossible to beat legit.  Before it was Cena it was guys like Triple H, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Steve Austin, Rock, Hulk Hogan.. oh God, Hogan.  Anyone crying about Cena would hang themselves after 4 minutes in the Hogan era.  Cena's "rise above" had nothing, and I mean nothing on Hogan's.  Did you see WM9?  The main event was Bret Hart vs. Yokozuna ('zuna was also TEH IMPOSSIBLE for about a year BTW) for the world title.  Hogan walked out the belt.  HE WASN'T EVEN IN THE GODDAMN MATCH.

So yeah, all the green little young'uns for whom it was "cathartic" to see Cena get buried can seriously eat a dick.  A vorcha dick.  They hate Cena for burying people, and they think it's okay when someone them buries him (which, if you're keeping track, makes the people he buried then look like double pussies instead of regular pussies).  Did two wrong start to make a right while I was in the can?

*deep breath*  On to other subjects.

I don't think the Shaemus/Bryan match helped him at all.  Not even the tiniest bit.  He overcame it in the end but it did NOT help him.  "What doesn't kill you just makes you stronger" is one of the most retarded and false clichés that the English language has ever known.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:12 pm

Rifneno wrote:>SuperCena
The guy loses to the flavor of the week constantly, and has for a long time.  He was doing it back when You-manga first started.  A fat dude jabbed him with his thumb and Cena lied down for the three count..

Indeed.  He also went down like a sack of shit when Tensai spat the green in his face.  It's hardly uncommon for Cena to lose a battle, it's just uncommon for him to lose the war.  As you said, that's wrestling though.

I think most people who rip on Cena take issue not with the fact that Cena inevitably overcomes everything put in front of him, but the way he inevitably overcomes everything in front of him.  The predictability of it all.  The way he tries to laugh off everything.  The goofy, unfunny attempts at humour, Jack.

And the fact that he's just so goddamn dull.

Rifneno wrote:Maybe it's an age thing.  Cena has been the top guy for so long that younger viewers have no idea that it has always been like this.  There has always been a "top guy" who is nearly impossible to beat legit.  Before it was Cena it was guys like Triple H, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Steve Austin, Rock..

ALL of whom switched it up one in a while.  Who played heel and face roles.  Who gave us entertaining matches, and entertaining storylines, and above all had their time at the top, yes, but for around three or four years, not over a decade... but of course, when the WWE actually had HHH, Rock, Austin, Angle, Michaels etc all, they were all working around the same time - they weren't the ONLY top dog in the yard.

...I'll give you Hogan though, because Cena is nothing if not a recreation of Hogan for the 21st century.  The only difference really is that Hogan phoned it in during his later WWE years; a couple of pre-taped intervies on Superstars or PrimeTime, only actually showing up to wrestle at the Pay-Per-Views.  This was when the Pay Per Views were once a quarter as well, not onece a month.  Hey, what do you know?  Hogan's TV schedule wasn't all that different from Lesnar's....

The age thing might make more sense Rif if it wasn't the adults hating on Cena and the kids cheering for him.  The little green kiddies enjoy his stale old schtick; the adults yearn for more.  Or at least, something different.

I don't think the Shaemus/Bryan match helped him at all.  Not even the tiniest bit.  He overcame it in the end but it did NOT help him.  "What doesn't kill you just makes you stronger" is one of the most retarded and false clichés that the English language has ever known.

From a political/booking point of view?  Maybe not.  Maybe it was intended do little more thasn bury him.  But from a popularity point of view?  The crowd went INSANE.  Wrestlemania 28 was all but hijacked by YES chants and Daniel Bryan chants following the 17 second loss.  So was the following RAW...

And guess what?  The chants haven't stopped since.  Accident rather than design? Happy coincidence? Maybe.  But as I said, maybe the WWE were hoping for lightning to strike twice.
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:17 pm

I want to do an in-depth response when I have more time, but I need to share this red diamond right now:

https://twitter.com/Seanbabydotcom/status/486704994729472000
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by symbowles Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:21 pm

Can creative come up with something else besides a 6-man tag main event? Seriously...every damn week it's the same thing.

"BAH GAWD! An absolutely, positively, extraordinary, hugely massive main event for the night! An unprecedented 6-MAN TAG TEAM MATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Things guaranteed to happen: Cena or Reigns will get a hot tag. Cena or Reigns will decimate the other team. Faces will win. Kane, corporate or demon, will get speared, and $9.99.
symbowles
symbowles
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:14 pm

Cena's humor sucks because they make him use shit that the bookers came up with.  Also, PG era.  Back during the not-Disney WWE when Cena was allowed to use his own material, he was hilarious.  This is the fault of management, not Cena.  Remember rapping Cena?  I hate rap, but holy shit.

Switching it up is a good thing?  I hate how everyone switches from heel to face and back again constantly.  Maybe it's because I grew up in the era where turns were rare as hell.  Guys like Ted DiBiase spent their entire career on one side.  It made it really special when turns happened.  I still remember Mr. Perfect turning and what an awesome moment it was.  Now, turns mean nothing.  Jericho turned 8 times while I was writing this post.  Turns are like tag titles, something that used to really mean something 15 or 20 years ago but doesn't mean jack now.

More importantly, Cena should not turn heel.  Ever.  I still remember 1996, seeing a bunch of heartbroken kids crying and throwing out their formerly beloved Hogan merchandise.  I don't want to see a repeat of that for the sake of a bunch of hipster cunts on the Internet who think everyone should be heel and will be satisfied for approx 3 seconds (2 second margin of error).  Cena's a role model for the kids.  He's a face.  Deal with it.

It's quite possible to be an adult, started watching around 10 years ago as a kid and have only seen the Cena era.

If WWE was hoping for lightning to strike twice, I don't think The Chosen One Roman Reigns would be the guy they had designated to finally bring down Lesnar.  DB would've just been a stepping stone.  6 months later, he was to be an afterthought in the title picture.

"Can creative come up with something besides 6 man tags?"

Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:54 am

ME BROCK LESNAR
HERE COMES THE PAIN
GOD BUILD ME STRONG
FORGET TO GIVE ME BRAIN
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by symbowles Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:38 pm

WWE Thread - Page 4 YDqSw
symbowles
symbowles
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by symbowles Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:07 pm

WWE Thread - Page 4 Tumblr_nbz3abj2G41rdx8ebo1_500
symbowles
symbowles
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:23 pm

WWE Thread - Page 4 NextGeneration_Tweet_zps7e1d37e5

Looks like big things are afoot.

Looks like a change of direction/big storyline for after Night Of Champions.  Unsurprisingly coinciding with the WWE Network's release into the wider world.  And an angle to help viewing figures during the NFL season of course.

Really, they had to do something.  With one thing and another, the product's been pretty directionless since WrestleMania.

edit: OK, so that "09/22/14" tweet turned out to be nothing more spectacular than a trailer for the new WWE game. You know, the one announced back at Summerslam. Well played, WWE. Well played.

WWE Thread - Page 4 QMOKX

In other news, wrestling fan puts 2 + 2 together and gets five. Then posts result on Indoctrination Theory forum.

Last edited by ElSuperGecko on Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:56 pm

Night of Champions is canceled.  Roman Reigns needs surgery, and what's the point of even having a show without Roman Reigns?  Everyone knows that 110% of tickets purchased are because of Roman Reigns.  Roman Reigns. </Vince McMahon>
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:03 pm

Rifneno wrote:Night of Champions is canceled.  Roman Reigns needs surgery, and what's the point of even having a show without Roman Reigns?  Everyone knows that 110% of tickets purchased are because of Roman Reigns.  Roman Reigns. </Vince McMahon>

Don't worry Rif - there's always a Plan B.

WWE Thread - Page 4 Get?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia1.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2FLLWP1seiT4fC%2F200
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by symbowles Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:55 pm

WWE Thread - Page 4 <a href=WWE Thread - Page 4 Benoit10
symbowles
symbowles
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:44 am

I like how they told DB that either he works the PPV injured or they strip him of the title because they're not going to do a PPV without the title on the line... and yet, Brock's getting the next PPV off simply because he's a lazy cunt.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by symbowles Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:38 pm

That was my biggest complaint with Lesnar...they stripped DB of the belt for not being a full time champion, then two months later, they give the belt to a part-timer... Picard Facepalm
symbowles
symbowles
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:14 pm

symbowles wrote:That was my biggest complaint with Lesnar...they stripped DB of the belt for not being a full time champion, then two months later, they give the belt to a part-timer... Picard Facepalm

Being a part timer still doesn't exclude him from showing up at PPVs during his reign. The Crock showed up at every PPV when he had the belt, and the Rock has an infinitely better excuse (very busy) than Brock's (lazy bitch).
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by symbowles Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:48 pm

Rifneno wrote:Being a part timer still doesn't exclude him from showing up at PPVs during his reign.

Very true. I would have thought the three weeks in between raw appearances would have been enough time off for him. It's a shame because Brock has a good presence and is a solid worker...but his attitude sucks and his dedication to the industry is non-existent.

Giving him the belt AND the streak is like rewarding a child for throwing a temper tantrum. I can only imagine what this booking has done to the morale (what was left of it) in the locker room. Why would anyone work their ass off when things like the streak, one of the longest, most prestigious story-lines in the business, gets thrown away to someone who more than likely will be done a year later?

And they did this so someone *cough* Roman Reigns *cough* could get the rub of being the guy who beat the guy who beat the streak? That's like saying Mike Tyson should be happy because he beat Larry Holmes who beat Muhammad Ali...It doesn't work that way.
symbowles
symbowles
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:09 pm

symbowles wrote:
Rifneno wrote:Being a part timer still doesn't exclude him from showing up at PPVs during his reign.

Very true. I would have thought the three weeks in between raw appearances would have been enough time off for him. It's a shame because Brock has a good presence and is a solid worker...but his attitude sucks and his dedication to the industry is non-existent.

Giving him the belt AND the streak is like rewarding a child for throwing a temper tantrum. I can only imagine what this booking has done to the morale (what was left of it) in the locker room. Why would anyone work their ass off when things like the streak, one of the longest, most prestigious story-lines in the business, gets thrown away to someone who more than likely will be done a year later?

And they did this so someone *cough* Roman Reigns *cough* could get the rub of being the guy who beat the guy who beat the streak? That's like saying Mike Tyson should be happy because he beat Larry Holmes who beat Muhammad Ali...It doesn't work that way.

Brock's also a massive homophobe and awful human being in general. I don't know why, but how they are in real life is pretty significant IMO. That's probably why I'm such a fan of Cena. He's just a phenomenal guy.

Anyway, perfectly put. Brock is garbage and they're giving him everything humanly possible. They probably wanted to really rename RAW to "Monday Night RAW Starring Brock Lesnar" like Laryngitis agreed to, but it would be considered false advertising because he's never there.

This is some 1998+ WCW level decision making right here.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by symbowles Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:28 pm

Speaking of decision making, am I the only one that's bothered that Cesaro lost to Sheamus for the US title, and then becomes the number one contender for the IC title? That makes no sense.
symbowles
symbowles
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:40 pm

symbowles wrote:Speaking of decision making, am I the only one that's bothered that Cesaro lost to Sheamus for the US title, and then becomes the number one contender for the IC title? That makes no sense.

I'm still bothered by the fact they didn't do anything with the massive face pop he had after winning the Andre Memorial Battle Royal.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:52 pm

Rifneno wrote:
I'm still bothered by the fact they didn't do anything with the massive face pop he had after winning the Andre Memorial Battle Royal.

But they DID do somethinbg with it, Rif.

They buried it.

Turned him heel for no apparent reason, made him a Paul Heyman guy, jobbed him out to pretty much everyone he faced and then had Heyman ditch him with no explaination or fanfare.

WWE Thread - Page 4 Triplehi2sm_crop_north

WWE Thread - Page 4 BQ8XpiECIAAudZs
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:28 pm

WWE Thread - Page 4 Triple_h__bury__poster___obama_s__hope__style_by_skilled97-d6j0b5w
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next