Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just venting

4 posters

Go down

Just venting Empty Just venting

Post by symbowles Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:17 am

Edit: No longer needed, done venting :)

Last edited by symbowles on Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
symbowles
symbowles
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Just venting Empty Re: Just venting

Post by demersel Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:22 am

You don't want to use that "I don't care button". Cause it is almost impossible to turn it on again.
And loosing yourself in a video game will not fix anything - it only make things worse. Find some activity that actually produces something.
demersel
demersel
Battlemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximus Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:55 am

symbowles wrote:Have you ever just been overwhelmed with issues in your life?
Yup!
symbowles wrote:Just wish you had an "I don't care" button?

"FML" button sounds better...

symbowles wrote:That's how I'm feeling lately. I'm confused about my current relationship and I'm watching nearly all my major friendships deteriorate which is going to lead to me giving up something I love and have done nearly my whole life.

symbowles wrote:I feel like I'm marching down the path of being alone. I'm not sure there's any saving my friendships due to betrayal, lack of loyalty, and just general negativity. This would leave me with zero friends and a non-existent social life. Which then gets me to believing that I'll never meet knew friends since I have no one to go out with in the first place. So I have no friends to meet friends....a vicious circle.  And the hardest part is...I don't understand why this has happened. I'm a great friend. Loyal and trustworthy. I would do anything for anyone at anytime, and have on many occasions. But for some reason I've become the victim of strife and am being pushed away.

symbowles wrote:That brings me to my relationship, which I put on hold about 2-2.5 weeks ago. We go into a fight and I just had enough and needed time away. Any time you split from a significant other, it can be tough but I was finding ways of dealing with it. But since the collapse of my friendships has accelerated this past week I find myself longing for my (ex-ish?)girlfriend. My fear is that I'm only afraid of being alone, so my subconscious is trying to go back to the familiar. But I'm also afraid of throwing away 3 years of a relationship. It's all very complicated, at least in my head.

Major friendships? Hmm...what does that even mean?
There are no *minor* or *major* friendships....it's bullshit!

For me, word "friend" describes a person you fully trust, someone that will be there for you when the "dark day" comes, to help you find the "light" at all costs...and this works both ways, y'know. You trust each other, you help each other. It is a strong bond, which shouldn't - and in my case - cannot be broken by some petty grudges!
Oh, and Friends talk to each other, eye to eye. Facebook/Twitter/#otherbullshitlikethat doesn't count as a serious talk with your friend, coz, you see - Friendship is a form of love [#nohomo] and when you love someone, you care about them and you should always try to find time for them. World can wait, friend is more important. Simple.

And no, your "OVER 9000!!!!" friends on fb/twitter/bullshtsocialnetwork ain't friends, they're...I don't know how to call them exactly...in my cycle country we have maaany ways to describe people you know, but don't trust or love...words I'm lookin' for here would be...colleagues, fellows, pals...stuff like that, I hope you get my drift...

It doesn't say anywhere that you MUST have a friend or two in your life, but when you do - it is something....beautiful. But beware false friendships you must, Anakin! [GTFO Yoda!]
World is a cruel place, y'know...never forget...

symbowles wrote:I've tried the whole "none of this will matter in 5 years" approach. But that doesn't help because, well, this is now. I've tried telling myself that there are many people out there that have it worse off than me...but those are their problems, not mine. My problems are my problems. It's all just very depressing.

Ye, that doesn't work...at all..
As you said - it all matters NOW!
There may be no "5 years later" for you or for your friends or even pets y'know...
Present time is 'mportant...focus on it, act while you still can!

symbowles wrote:And I don't know what I'm really looking for by posting this. I think it just felt good to get something off my chest and in writing.

Yoda you lookin' for, hmh? EHEHEHEHE...
Well...you found me!  What a Face 
I ain't Yoda, I'm just a random nobody with a dark sense of humor and with a need for helping other people when I can...
Which makes a strange mix, yeah...nobody's perfect...hmh  geek 

symbowles wrote:I'd try to lose myself by playing ME....but that ending tho....ugh
MDVEBI - Massive Dramatic Vengeful Epic Bad Idea
This path will bring you pain and suffering and loss...which hurts you..
You masochist?  Suspect 
Don't do it, Anakin! It will only make things worse! Srsly! I've been there (in the trenches, fightin' them!) before...[Anderson, gtfo outta my head]

So...I kinda HOPE I helped somehow, but the best person who can really help you is..well...YOU. Maybe some of your friends tried to help you, but you discarded them, because you thought that you don't need their help, or you're not worthy..or something equally depressing like that...

I DO NOT KNOW!
And I ain't judgin' you, for I know sht about your life, I'm simply...sharing experience!
Just venting 87
Yeah...

Well, hang in there pal and don't be too hard on yourself!
Maximus
Maximus
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwailing Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:01 am

So, I know it's a few days old, but I figure my input my still be valuable.  My advice is this: you live in Michigan (according to your profile), so you shouldn't have a problem finding a contra dance somewhere nearby.  If you're looking for something to do that's cheap, fun, and social I can't think of anything better.  And don't give me any of that, "I can't dance," crap that a lot of people say, because as someone who thought that for eleven years I can tell you that it's probably BS. Wink   Also, even if you don't know for certain whether you'll enjoy it or not, I can say that for a lot of groups the first time is free.  If not, I don't know of a contra group in existence that would charge more than $8, which is definitely upper limit.  My local group is at most $5 for under 30s.
Dwailing
Dwailing
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximus Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:40 am

Dwailing wrote:So, I know it's a few days old, but I figure my input my still be valuable.  My advice is this: you live in Michigan (according to your profile), so you shouldn't have a problem finding a contra dance somewhere nearby.  If you're looking for something to do that's cheap, fun, and social I can't think of anything better.  And don't give me any of that, "I can't dance," crap that a lot of people say, because as someone who thought that for eleven years I can tell you that it's probably BS.

Ye, just follow this guy here, no problem, pal!
Maximus
Maximus
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum