Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ways Hollywood could royally fuck up a Mass Effect movie

+14
Eryri
ZerebusPrime
Maximus
smash016
DoomsdayDevice
symbowles
spotlessvoid
Restrider
RavenEyry
Raistlin Majere
Rifneno
dorktainian
Hanako Ikezawa
OneWithTheAssassins
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ways Hollywood could royally fuck up a Mass Effect movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Ways Hollywood could royally fuck up a Mass Effect movie

Post by Rifneno Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:12 pm

Maximus wrote:
Raistlin Majere wrote:"Wrex survives Virmire" - are you saying Wrex should not survive Virmire in a Mass Effect movie?
Yiiis, coz he's annoyin and I very much don't like him...
Besides, he betrayed me right there so I fed him with Shotgun shells to the face...
Three times...
Hell, Grunt is much faster, stronger and better than that ol' fossil!
Plus he's loyal and Immah his Battlemaster! ;>
No regrets...
TIL opinions can be wrong.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Ways Hollywood could royally fuck up a Mass Effect movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Ways Hollywood could royally fuck up a Mass Effect movie

Post by noobcannon Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:55 pm

renegade / paragon interupts
noobcannon
noobcannon
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by FreewheelinDylan Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:16 am

A Mass Effect 1 movie is easy to make.  Simple structure with plenty of drama/dilemmas.  Any good writer would be able to mix Shepard as both a Renegade+Paragon.  Liara would have to be the secondary protagonist aka the guide who introduces us to the galaxy with her historical knowledge as a Doctor.  Unfortunately, Tali gets shoved to the side.  Garrus+Wrex=Legolas and Gimli.  Ashley would die, imo but it could go either way.

The only reason we've seen shitty video game adaptations is because....well, video games actually have pretty shit and unmarketable stories in the first place.  ME is one of the very few exceptions.  It has a good chance of success.

In fact, the only hope for IT is a successful movie trilogy (successful film version of ME3) because BW has already failed IT with the Trilogy.  The only hope for great merchandise, future ME games, ME spinoffs, TV shows is a successful ME movie trilogy.

That being said (because I'm tired of people disregarding a potential ME movie), a bad ME film would probably be the 2nd or 3rd ones....just because of how disorganized the plots in those games were.
FreewheelinDylan
FreewheelinDylan
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:25 pm

Kadien needs to die in the movie. It seems right for all the reasons because he seems so useless. Ash on the other had you can love and hate. Tali is probably going to be the one Shepard is going to find the information against Saren. While that happens Garrus will be investigating a similar lead with a Quarian girl, and Wrex will appear and be looking for Tali.

But what they need is Keith Davis to play Anderson.

But most likely we are going to see writers/director who haven't played the game, and will make ME movie into a fucking PG movie and have synthesis good killing is bad at the end. its raining carrots! its raining carrots! its raining carrots! its raining carrots! its raining carrots!
Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2