Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Citadel: Signal Tracking (ME1 spoilers abound)

4 posters

Go down

Citadel: Signal Tracking (ME1 spoilers abound) Empty Citadel: Signal Tracking (ME1 spoilers abound)

Post by protognosis Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:28 pm

Ok. So I am on my 3rd play through with my Adept Femshep on ME1 because I forgot to do a few achievements back in the day.

I just got to the part when you finally figure out the signal is coming from the back of the Financial District of the Presidium. You go there and the AI starts talking to you. He was built by an AI who was built by a Turian that is now in space jail/dead. If you try to go the Paragon route, the AI says something to the effect that "Organics and Machines must fight each other." Even if you try to reason with it. You cannot as the AI is convinced that Organics and Machines must fight. So he is going to set off a bomb that you have to diffuse.

That got me thinking. Was that one of the story "seeds" that Bioware planted and then did they harvest that (pun intended) into this whole Organics vs Synthetics storyline?

I wish I wrote down what that AI said. I finished it this morning before passing out.

protognosis
protognosis
Pyjak

Back to top Go down

Citadel: Signal Tracking (ME1 spoilers abound) Empty Re: Citadel: Signal Tracking (ME1 spoilers abound)

Post by RavenEyry Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:31 pm

It was always a theme of the series, but not a primary one. And the point of that theme was that the conflict wasn't inevitable.

Sadly I have seen a literalist really use the AI that kills itself so Shepard wont kill it as proof the catalyst was right.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Citadel: Signal Tracking (ME1 spoilers abound) Empty Re: Citadel: Signal Tracking (ME1 spoilers abound)

Post by Andromidius Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:06 pm

Its proof that some machines and people think that way. Just like we have unreasonable hatred and violence now.

Doesn't mean its impossible. EDI, Legion and the computer-uploaded race the Council encounters in the backstory of ME1 are proof that coexistance is very possible.
Andromidius
Andromidius
Admin

https://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by protognosis Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:45 am

That's what I think. I was just weirded out because I didn't remember that dialogue and after playing ME3 so much it really jumped out at me. I guess they really did plant that idea early on so they could explore the positive interaction between Organics and Synthetics.
protognosis
protognosis
Pyjak

Back to top Go down

Post by Avin180 Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:53 am

Personally? I honestly doubt that organic-synthetic was going to be a major. In fact I doubt even Bioware knew the Reapers purpose. Not until ME3 started production at least.
Avin180
Avin180
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:20 am

Avin180 wrote:Personally? I honestly doubt that organic-synthetic was going to be a major. In fact I doubt even Bioware knew the Reapers purpose. Not until ME3 started production at least.

Not ME3 imo.

Probably not with ME1 either.

I think either in ME2 (or at least ideas were being bounced around) but certainly during the ME2 DLC period (ARRIVAL ARRIVAL ARRIVAL).

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down