Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

+37
ginner dave
Dr JaMiN
noobcannon
vlad78
MaximizedAction
southbeatz
Master Blaster
ElSuperGecko
ViolentSound
Steelcan
WeAreHarbinger
Byne
Sphenacodon
invetro
dmvoe_
epyonx3
Criddle
ZerebusPrime
Rankincountry
jojon2se
Eryri
Rifneno
paxxton
Terramine
Dwailing
Hanako Ikezawa
windsurfing
Raistlin Majere
TurianRebel212
OneWithTheAssassins
BRAVO543211
smash016
dorktainian
Jusseb
DoomsdayDevice
Ithurael
CoolioThane
41 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 30 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by Rifneno Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:47 pm

TurianRebel212 wrote:
dorktainian wrote:As i'm 47, I've been around for pretty much the entire history of video gaming.  From the humble ZX81, to the BBC Micro, the ZX Spectrum 48K, The Atari 2600, The Sega Master System, The Sega Megadrive, Super Nintendo, The Nintendo 64, The Playstation, The PS2, The PS3, The PS4, The PC...etc...

It used to be exciting when a game came out.

I don't get that feeling anymore.  Well not since Mass Effect 3 anyways.

Thank you Bioware.

Yeah, but it's not just you. It's mostly every "older" gamer. Jim Sterling had a vid about it for his recent jimquisition centered around Battlefront.

The game industry is, for all intents and purposes, a joke at this point. It's infested with Twitch/youtube Bait, DLC schemes, boring cliche's and game mechanics ("cinematic" quality, Call of Duty,QTE's,Season passes, remakes of gen 7 games for gen 8 consoles.... "premium" or "elite" services, "deep" characters and so on and so on, lol). Game sales, as in actual games being sold, have been on the decline since 2011. But the industry makes up for it with DLC and season passes, lol. Also, the "AAA" games are becoming less and less in terms of not just numbers, but quality as well.

You're right that gaming sucks now. You're wrong that it's gone downhill. Gaming has always had some massive, enormous, gaping, goatseman size flaws. I'm not quite as old as dork, but I got my first system in the late 80's and I've seen enough to know gaming hasn't declined, it's just changed. I find the "modern games are too buggy" argument especially untrue. Old games were riddled with bugs too, the only difference was that we couldn't just download a patch. The cartridge you bought was the cartridge you bought and that's that. You got an FF6 with the Sketch Glitch? Deal with it. Even after major bugs, gamebreaking bugs were discovered in games they rarely bothered to fix the bug in newly produced cartridges. Just, deal with it.

But at least games were cheaper, right? No, games were more expensive. At a time when gas was $1.10 a gallon, I paid $85 for Final Fantasy VI. They went from the extreme of gouging customers for complete trash to the extreme of producing games on such insane budgets that if it isn't a huge blockbuster the company can go bankrupt as a result (see: Kingdoms of Amalgur, an excellent game BTW).

Oh hey, back to FFVI. Here's a fun LP all about the glitchiness of FFVI. Hilarious. Oh hey, remember Donkey Kong Country? Did you know there's a bug in it that can brick your cartridge? That's right. You perform this glitch, and your $80-90 cartridge is a coaster. Epic.

And the tuning. Holy fuck, the tuning. The legendary "Nintendo Hard" was not on purpose. It's just because the designers at the time didn't know what the fuck they were doing. I remember reading an interview with one of the guys who made Ghosts & Goblins, one of the more notoriously hard NES games. He said the deadline came and they had barely finished the coding and testing, there was no time for tuning. None. At all. When they sent it to the printers, they didn't know if it was too easy for a 6 year old or if it wouldn't be beaten until Skynet plays it. Obviously, it turned out to be more the latter. But that's the kind of crap that the "Nintendo Hard" era was. It was rarely purposely harder than a priest in a preschool bathroom. Even games aimed at kids, like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, were ball-stompingly hard and make today's "Insanity" modes look like "I'm scared, hold me" mode. How about Battletoads? That bike level. That fucking bike level. That legendary fucking bike level. Did you know the only way to beat it is to memorize exactly what to press and when to press it? You can't just go in and do it on reaction like you're supposed to. That's impossible. Human reflexes are woefully inadequate for the Battletoads bike level. And that's not me making a comic exaggeration, that's frustrated kids who later became scientists speaking for science. The Battletoads bike level requires a level of reflexes no human possesses. "Muscle memory" by immense amounts of trial and error, yes. Reflexes, no. People complain nowadays that games are too easy and for the most part I agree, but the opposite extreme is even worse.

dorktainian wrote:chill.  We know it's Shepard in the N7 uniform in the ME4 trailer hudson gave us before he left/quit/was sacked (not some fucktarded ark uniform).  It can only be Shepard.  He's N7.

Oh wait.  What if they changed their minds after casey 'all your choices matter' left?

"a whole new region of space"

Fuck.

Extremely unlikely. Hudson left after the game had been in development for what, two years? Way too late to completely change the plot and setting. They'd have to almost start from scratch.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 30 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by windsurfing Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:14 am

DoomsdayDevice wrote:

AFAIK, and anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but QEC is not "faster than light communication". The way I understand it, is that if two particles are in quantum entanglement, they will mirror each other's movements, no matter the distance between them. It's not like there's an energy that has to travel through the quantum field in order to communicate the movement of the other particle, it happens instantaneously, real time, in perfect (a-)symmetry. This way it would theoretically be possible to communicate in binary by manipulating one particle (and observing the other particle on the other end), instantly and across limitless distances. I don't know how much of this is theoretical, but this is how I understand it to work. IIRC, last year they were trying quantum entanglement communication in a research project of some Dutch University. I might have even posted a link here, not sure.

Again, correct me if I'm wrong.

There are misunderstandings in popular fiction and news articles on Quantum entanglement. In simplified terms while it is agreed that the two particles have opposite spins for the same axis but the moment you measure one particle the act of measuring is also considered a force asserted on that particle rendering your measurements incorrect. At the same time you measure one particle the act of measuring that changed the measured particle makes the other counter part entangled particle lose it original state too. They call it a garbled state that is indeterminate. The one performing the measurement has to then send information (they are yet to device a proper method how to know what this is ) to the one trying to decipher what could be the original state of the counterpart. This information sending will again rely on normal communications i.e nothing exceeding speed of light whatever the tech that is, today scientists use email to send the data files.

It is also determined so far that the amount by which you harm one of the entangled particles is difficult to control and pretty inaccurate to predict by how much it gets affected. Maybe after the effect has happened you can atleast try to understand by how much you need to compensate. They have teleported the state of a photon over a distance of 144KMs but it still needed the initiation party to actually convey the information on how best to approximately get back the original state.

In effect you really can't use QE to do classical information transfer from one star system to another separated by hundred of lights years when you need to send this deciphering info by conventional means.

Being a digital design guy I can tell you we aim to keep the error correction to the minimum, if we have to correct each and every bit we send across that mode of communication is pointlessly costly and unfeasible. In the microchips and embedded devices we use today error correction activities are not more than 10% in the worst case, even this is considered as costly overheads because error correction logic on die is not cheap when it comes to die real-estate. But first the problem to garbled info needs to be solvable or QE remains a nice spooky effect that no one can really make much use of as it stands today.

On a side note, the debate rages on as to what is really happening when it comes to QE, so far distances that scientists have tested QE effects are around ~144kMs and they aren't sure if the effect is really instantaneous over really large distances, theoretically they have claimed so. it's when the distances are actually more like the distance from sun to the earth will they know if it really real time. Then there is the debate of what is causing it, no one is really buying the theory of spooky effects, that's just a little joke by Einstein about the effect. In the their article popularly called the EPR, Einstein, Podolsky and Rosen proposed these effects might be due to yet unknown local effects, more recently experiments  proposed these are due to non-local effects.
windsurfing
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:08 pm

I see, very interesting.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:07 am

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 30 Legion_dance_animated_gif_by_maqeurious-d4xx770
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:45 am

No news yet on anything. Feels like Fairy Tail's seven year gap.
Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:22 pm

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 30 Tumblr_mw3g9vxXKn1r1hnb3o2_500
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:21 pm

lol
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:16 pm

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 30 9c0_zps2b67947a
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:54 pm

Haha, nice.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:56 am

"This heretic weapon introduces a subtle operating error in our most basic runtimes. The equivalent of your nervous system. An equation with a result of 1.33382 returns as 1.33381. This changes the results of all higher processes. We will reach different conclusions."

Never fails to make me laugh. Also never fails to make me feel old that such a huge thing is apparently esoteric now. Oh, right. Pictures. Do they have to be Mass Effect?

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 30 Elephant_zpsc374676e
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:38 pm

Eating an Ostrich Egg omelette is on my bucket list.

EDIT: Whoops, off topic. And... uh.... and then the Reapers came along and wiped out all the ostriches, because we were using their feathers for... uh... hats. And that's industry!
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:39 am

ZerebusPrime wrote:Eating an Ostrich Egg omelette is on my bucket list.

EDIT:  Whoops, off topic.  And... uh.... and then the Reapers came along and wiped out all the ostriches, because we were using their feathers for... uh... hats.  And that's industry!
Someone draw a comic of this, and make it out to be that the Raepers were just jealous of our awesome ostrich hats. Hats so great, even a honey badger would wear one!

"Um... we wiped this species out early because... uh... clearly these ostrich hats are an anomaly... yeah... right... an anomaly.  They're a threat to us almighty indestructible Gods. What's that larry? Why am I wearing one of the hats then? Uh... because... *lazors larry to death*" - Harbinger
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:16 am

ZerebusPrime wrote:Eating an Ostrich Egg omelette is on my bucket list.

EDIT:  Whoops, off topic.  And... uh.... and then the Reapers came along and wiped out all the ostriches, because we were using their feathers for... uh... hats.  And that's industry!

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 30 Decisiveemuvictory_zpsf5b06097

Decisive Emu Victory.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:22 pm

Guys, if this is legit then... I mean it sounds believable. My only thing is, why would they need to settle in another galaxy when we had so many undiscovered space in the milky way? The council species took up a tiny wittle fraction of the whole galaxy. The only logical explanation is that humanity had to escape and I'm sure this will be revealed if all this is true.

Why would they have to escape? The crucible wasn't legit, Shepard was indoctrinated. So far, things are leaning towards all endings bar refuse resulting in indoctrination. Refuse resulting in Shepard's demise anyways but keeping him from succumbing so at least he dies in peace.

But hey that's just a theory... a GAME THEORY TROLOLOLO
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:24 am

That's not a Game Theory. This is a Game Theory.

Background: The Reaper War is ongoing.

Event: Crucible Works, Everyone Stays -> Maximum Payoff
Event: Crucible Fails, Everyone Stays -> Maximum Fail
Event: Crucible Works, Some Flee -> Good Payoff
Event: Crucible Fails, Some Flee -> Maximum Payoff

The event in red is the Nash equilibrium. No one wants the Maximum Failure event; all rational players will defect to the option of sending some people away because it maximizes the expected payoff.

The question still remains: How?!?! The idea of an ark with Sovereign's rebuilt mass effect core continues to amuse me.

ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:30 am

space magic.
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:59 am

Ugh, we're back on this shit?
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:58 pm

I for one..... Would like to know more about the Emu War.
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:41 pm

it could be an interesting DLC.

MASS EFFECT 4 : EMU CONFLICT AGOGO Shocked
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:58 pm

As long as my Emu has lots of "art" and "integrity" I'm all in!
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:25 pm

Huskified Emu...we would be so fucked.

If the Reapers could beat them that is.
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:36 pm

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 30 BIyHrob
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:04 pm

ZerebusPrime wrote:That's not a Game Theory.  This is a Game Theory.

Background: The Reaper War is ongoing.

Event: Crucible Works, Everyone Stays -> Maximum Payoff
Event: Crucible Fails, Everyone Stays -> Maximum Fail
Event: Crucible Works, Some Flee -> Good Payoff
Event: Crucible Fails, Some Flee -> Maximum Payoff

The event in red is the Nash equilibrium.  No one wants the Maximum Failure event; all rational players will defect to the option of sending some people away because it maximizes the expected payoff.

The question still remains: How?!?!  The idea of an ark with Sovereign's rebuilt mass effect core continues to amuse me.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. If the crucible WORKS, then nobody flees because the Reapers are ded/stopped. Nothing to flee from, so the "Crucible Works, Some Flee" isn't possible.

As for how, it's not unfathomable when an entire galaxy is motivated to adapt and survive as per evolution. Then, we can achieve anything to be honest. When an entire galaxy is motivated.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:11 pm

LOL. There's a bit in Age of Ultron where a character talks about fears, and talks about how scary giant cuttlefish are.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 30 4ac75325e19a3ca32d5273adad46d62f
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:06 am

Rifneno wrote:LOL.  There's a bit in Age of Ultron where a character talks about fears, and talks about how scary giant cuttlefish are.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 30 4ac75325e19a3ca32d5273adad46d62f

Hahaha. Good good. Now they just need one about Tony Starks So called PTSD and have a patient named Shepard go through a war with Large cuttlefish and has nightmares about the child in Iron Man 3 XD
Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next