Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

+34
dorktainian
CSSteele
Master Blaster
Terramine
smash016
Ithurael
HYR 2.1
Norlond
Rifneno
DoomsdayDevice
TurianRebel212
Eryri
ericformans_sisterisdead
Maximus
ZerebusPrime
vlad78
southbeatz
Dwailing
clennon8
Jusseb
Steelcan
Raistlin Majere
MaximizedAction
demersel
WeAreHarbinger
jojon2se
ElSuperGecko
Criddle
invetro
ViolentSound
noobcannon
DaniSaur
symbowles
Valsamon
38 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 22 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by Terramine Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:50 am

Also they just conveniently made rubble London and Tuchanka identical, both now have Krogan too by the end of ME3.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 22 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by DoomsdayDevice Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:06 am

ZerebusPrime wrote:It's a multi-point foreshadowing.  You can read a lot of things into those lines.  Most are pertinent.

"All you can do is wait for the hammer to fall," is equivalent to Harbinger taunting "You prolong the inevitable."

Shepard's reply breaks the fourth wall.  You all know that I can't accept the Citadel DLC as actually literally happening past Shepard's arrival at the French Sushi Restaurant of Mass Food Poisoning (Turians and Asari eating off the same plates, sushi seemingly coming from fish species sharing the same tank).  So Shepard breaking the fourth wall here might as well be a message from Shepard's dream self to his waking self for any number of reasons.

In such a metaphysical context, "I'm going to take everything you have, and everything that you are" might as well be "Struggle if you wish, your mind will be mine."

I agree, I didn't point them all out because I thought it was quite obvious. But yeah, I'm getting the same interpretation.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:50 pm

Terramine wrote:Which that scene with the rubble? Can't be Tuchanka. Not unless they decided to render it for absolutely no reason at all and waste time and money? I mean concept work is one thing... but why did they render Tuchanka if the game is in another galaxy?

Because it's actually very easy to move 3D model data from one graphics engine to another; they boil down to triangle files and texture maps that can be readily ported anywhere. The only real work was in the updated Krogan head and roar animations which we know will be in ME:A. In short, that test footage from Tuchanka was *easy* and *spoiled nothing*.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by ericformans_sisterisdead Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:48 pm

Drew karpyshyn returning to bioware. They prob need him in the star wars department hopefully for a new knights of old republic gm. Maybe he can save mass effect
ericformans_sisterisdead
ericformans_sisterisdead
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:28 pm

ericformans_sisterisdead wrote:Drew karpyshyn returning to bioware. They prob need him in the star wars department hopefully for a new knights of old republic gm. Maybe he can save mass effect

Probably too late to affect ME:A, but this is good news!
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:49 pm

Drew may not be a big influence on MEA, but him being back in Bioware does mean that he could at least be in some sort of communication circles.

If Chris Schlerf left, hypothetically speaking, MEA's 'Halo'esque (we'll see) foundations could still be affected by a layer of Karpyshyn-ish influence, even if not very directly.

Its a bit of a nice sign for pro-Drew fans is all. Bioware may not have everyone on all the credits for all games of all its franchises, but it definitely shares concepts back and forth.

But yeah in terms of development, MEA is probably approx almost done and writing and is and more into the cinematics creation stage so *shrug*. If Drew directly impacts anything, it'll probably be very little.

Would be cool if he does a KOTOR3 and then ME5 after though :).

Anyway, I'm just going off what I do know about communication and creativity in Bioware, which isn't a lot but still enough to get a gist of how decisions are made.

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:29 pm

Drew K. Returns!

Okay BioWare. Now make that sequel to Mass Effect 2.
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:53 pm

Karpyshyn is only working on their Star Wars project, not Mass Effect.  And I'd imagine he doesn't even want back on Mass Effect, since BW/EA turned it from an intelligent semi-hard sci fi to space magic and jokes about volus.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:34 pm

ZerebusPrime wrote:
Terramine wrote:Which that scene with the rubble? Can't be Tuchanka. Not unless they decided to render it for absolutely no reason at all and waste time and money? I mean concept work is one thing... but why did they render Tuchanka if the game is in another galaxy?

Because it's actually very easy to move 3D model data from one graphics engine to another; they boil down to triangle files and texture maps that can be readily ported anywhere.  The only real work was in the updated Krogan head and roar animations which we know will be in ME:A.  In short, that test footage from Tuchanka was *easy* and *spoiled nothing*.
Not as far as I know, I've never seen that location in any of the previous mass effect games. But you did at least supply a viable reasoning, so I'll concede on the certainty.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:28 pm

IIRC ME2 Mordin's loyalty mission. Same Tuchanka broken highways with a shift to nightfall, new angle, and a few "new" assets (like the computer and rubble) moved around to compose the scene. Honestly, it's an excellent graphics test IMO.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:16 pm

ME2 Mordin Loyalty Mission has a lot of "fake" (2D) background visuals if I recall correctly. I don't suppose they'd convert it to a next-gen title.
smash016
smash016
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:41 pm

ZerebusPrime wrote:IIRC ME2 Mordin's loyalty mission.  Same Tuchanka broken highways with a shift to nightfall, new angle, and a few "new" assets (like the computer and rubble) moved around to compose the scene.  Honestly, it's an excellent graphics test IMO.
Hm, at the very least even if this specific scene doesn't exist. It could easily still be a bunch of re-used assets slapped together. Which is probably the most likely explanation regardless of IT and ME4.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:06 am

ZP, Smash, do you guys not realize you're arguing with a supergenius?  What hope do mere mortals like us have against his towering, Reaper-like intellect?  If he says it's so, it must be so!  Haven't you heard?  He's so right that if you disagree you're so wrong you literally go to Hell!
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by CSSteele Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:01 am

They're agreeing in hopes he doesn't blow up the world with the weapons of mass destruction he can design that will destroy the world. Soothe the ego, Rif, don't damn us all to destruction.
CSSteele
CSSteele
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:22 am

CSSteele wrote:They're agreeing in hopes he doesn't blow up the world universe with the weapons of mass destruction he can design that will destroy the world. Soothe the ego, Rif, don't damn us all to destruction.
Fixed.

Also, sorry.  :(
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:12 am

Rifneno wrote:ZP, Smash, do you guys not realize you're arguing with a supergenius?  What hope do mere mortals like us have against his towering, Reaper-like intellect?  If he says it's so, it must be so!  Haven't you heard?  He's so right that if you disagree you're so wrong you literally go to Hell!

or you could EMBRACE ETERNITY!!!!

which would mean embracing the reapers who are eternal apparently..

Fuck you Liara.

dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by CSSteele Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:48 pm

Apology accepted, Rif. Apology accepted. Very Happy
CSSteele
CSSteele
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:15 am

Haha you guys are funny. So in other news, I think I have changed my mind. Destroy is the right choice. I realized it when I analyzed the ending like moves in chess. You'll notice that ALL of the endings... appear to be STALEMATES/TIES. This is the reapers subverting Shepard trying to force a stalemate because of the power he holds here.

He has the power to intervene and fuck up their plans, by blowing up the citadel and the crucible.

Destroy is the only stalemate that actually causes the Reapers to experience an actual loss in the real world. Synthesis convinces Shepard to join them. Control convinces Shepard to turn his mind ship around to at least WORK WITH the Reapers. Refuse allows the Reapers to go about their business and finish up the cycle.

But Destroy, blows up the crucible and the citadel. Destroying whatever plan they had to get the situation under control. Forcing them to run for the hills least they experience any more loss in this conflict.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:19 am

Ugh.  Now whenever I hear chess analogies, I think of Radovid (who sucks flaccid cock) being a crazy fuck with that chess set in TW3.

Thanks, Redanian Hitler.  You've ruined a classic game and a classic analogy for me.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:15 pm

Rifneno wrote:Ugh.  Now whenever I hear chess analogies, I think of Radovid (who sucks flaccid cock) being a crazy fuck with that chess set in TW3.

Thanks, Redanian Hitler.  You've ruined a classic game and a classic analogy for me.
Turn away little weasel badger. Turn away.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:45 am

Guys, help me refresh my memory... what exactly was the link again between Exogeni and Cerberus? I seem to recall there being some kind of big clue somewhere, but I'm not sure. Wasn't there anything in the Shadow Broker stuff? I can't seem to remember or find anything...
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:58 am

The simple fact that Thorian Creepers were found at a Cerberus facility seems damning enough.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:01 am

Rifneno wrote:ZP, Smash, do you guys not realize you're arguing with a supergenius?  What hope do mere mortals like us have against his towering, Reaper-like intellect?  If he says it's so, it must be so!  Haven't you heard?  He's so right that if you disagree you're so wrong you literally go to Hell!

I minored in super science back in my college days. I can hold my own.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:16 pm

dorktainian wrote:
or you could EMBRACE ETERNITY!!!!

*snip*

Fuck you Liara.

Yes, that's generally what she means by Embrace Eternity.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:51 pm

ZerebusPrime wrote:

I minored in super science back in my college days.  I can hold my own.
BRING IT KIDDO, loljk
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next