Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

+34
windsurfing
TurianRebel212
WeAreHarbinger
Jusseb
ZerebusPrime
Rifneno
dorktainian
triggerwarning
vlad78
CSSteele
Raistlin Majere
DoomsdayDevice
ElSuperGecko
Eryri
Terramine
1864_WORST_YEAR_OF_MY_LIF
Dr_Claymores
aboutthosedays
Maximus
Byne
Norlond
MaximizedAction
magnetite
Cyberfrog
symbowles
Ithurael
clennon8
ericformans_sisterisdead
Dwailing
noobcannon
Master Blaster
jojon2se
Yemeth
Valsamon
38 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 12 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by dorktainian Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:35 pm

hahahahahahahhahahaha
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 12 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by smash016 Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:21 pm

Why isn't there like an indie video game industry where developers can just create what they want and publishers not being in the way so much?

Or is this just how American companies generally work?

Feels like BioWare is being strangled by corporate interests, if this goes on, they won't even last. Considering how little gameplay we've seen from ME:A it might as well never see the light of day.

I'm sure they still have visual artists and writers on board that could make a nice game which also respects previous ME titles, but there's too many uninspired assholes in this industry higher up the hierarchy to make that happen.
smash016
smash016
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:02 pm

I hate social media.

Headshot
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:59 pm

i just find it kind of hilarious to be honest. BSN the hellhole that went full retard back in the day, and has never fully recovered, finally meets its maker.

this could be an exercise in damage limitation on their part. they might get even more adverse reaction to them abandoning their own narrative and so remove themselves from it. they could finally be being swallowed by EA. they could be launching a new socialmedia service. who knows?
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:14 pm

I really don't think they are as fucked as you guys make it seem. The vast majority of their fans are casual gamers. The kind of people you guys yourselves have admitted aren't that invested in thinking that hard about the stuff they play. The kind of people that look at Andromeda and say "This is fine, can't wait".
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by windsurfing Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:45 am

Rifneno wrote:
WeAreHarbinger wrote:See even Bioware choose Destroy...sorry i had to

That's a bold move though, considering their new game is out soon and everyone will want to talk about it....
That's probably part of it.
Their new game will be fucking awful and if there's no official place to discuss it, they won't have to listen to people bitch about how they're ignoring all the criticisms about its fucking awfulness.

You know that is hilarious but so damn true. If the game is a total turd what better way to do damage control?

They have got unpaid SJWs on twitter to do their bidding so that's taken care of. BSN was the only problematic pile shit that had become a cesspool of dominating dimwits who had the favor of the mods. They finally figured the monster they created in there would come back to bite them once the game bombs. Laughing Laughing Laughing
windsurfing
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:47 am

damage control is the emergency control of situations that may cause the end of a games company.

Examples are:

....rectify the rupture of an anal sphincter blowout especially below the Priestly line and
....damage from Promises made (talking utter bollox) or hard banning of your customers (you know the ones that paid for this shit).
....temporary fixing of customer confidence damage caused by mods who were utterly useless.

"You can discuss this matter here: https://forum.biowar...ing-our-forums/
Any other thread about this topic is considered as spam and will be locked."

yep can totally see why they're shutting BSN down.
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:43 pm

dorktainian wrote:

This is being discussed a lot.  It's a site that has reviews of companies from former employees.  Almost all of them paint the same picture and it's a pretty damning one.  With a view of BW's management in mind, it's easy to see why BSN is being closed: because they're special little snowflakes that can't handle any sort of disagreement or criticism.

Mixed feelings.  A lot of the community spat at us as Atomos banned us and we had to form this board.  To those people, I hope they have a deep attachment to BSN and I hope this process is as painful as possible.  Karma is indeed a bitch.  To the ones that didn't rejoice in our betrayal, I sympathize with them for theirs.  We know how it feels, and it sucks.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:59 pm

Rifneno wrote:
dorktainian wrote:

This is being discussed a lot.  It's a site that has reviews of companies from former employees.  Almost all of them paint the same picture and it's a pretty damning one.

Wow, that's a really interesting read.

Dayum.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:15 pm

Rifneno wrote:So, BSN is shutting down.

LOL.

But I hope someone has a backup of the original IT thread.  I think someone did, but I'm not sure.  =/

I know we have it in the IT threads yet Bioware is going to purge anything on the BSN by October 25th i believe. So even the old IT threads will be nuked unless we download or screenshot EVERY last one.
Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:23 pm

Rifneno wrote:
dorktainian wrote:

This is being discussed a lot.  It's a site that has reviews of companies from former employees.  Almost all of them paint the same picture and it's a pretty damning one.  With a view of BW's management in mind, it's easy to see why BSN is being closed: because they're special little snowflakes that can't handle any sort of disagreement or criticism.

Mixed feelings.  A lot of the community spat at us as Atomos banned us and we had to form this board.  To those people, I hope they have a deep attachment to BSN and I hope this process is as painful as possible.  Karma is indeed a bitch.  To the ones that didn't rejoice in our betrayal, I sympathize with them for theirs.  We know how it feels, and it sucks.

Sevial, Hannar, and all those shits that spat on us are going away! Feel bad for those that stayed out of everything, and respected IT, and kept things "civil". It will not be easy on them. Good news is that Synthesis thread is going bye bye finally :)
Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:09 pm

Welp this is now

Episode 7: The BSn sleeps.

Episode 8: BSn factions

EPisode 9: ITers legacy.
Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreHarbinger Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:18 am

I love the amount of people saying "I'm not even going to buy it" now.

This forum closure may have sealed Andromeda's fate, and by the looks if they do buy it..it seems ME: A is Bioware's last attempt at keeping them as fans. I think a lot feel alienated now (something which a lot of people felt from the IT thread closure) they pushed ITers away (who were passionate about their game ending and onwards) now they're pushing out other fans to forums such as Facebook (I'd rather stick my dick in a storm drain) or Twitter (limited to 160 characters).
Round of applause Bioware, just rebrand as a division of EA and be done with it.
WeAreHarbinger
WeAreHarbinger
Blood Pack Boom-Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:00 am

WeAreHarbinger wrote:I love the amount of people saying "I'm not even going to buy it" now.

This forum closure may have sealed Andromeda's fate, and by the looks if they do buy it..it seems ME: A is Bioware's last attempt at keeping them as fans. I think a lot feel alienated now (something which a lot of people felt from the IT thread closure) they pushed ITers away (who were passionate about their game ending and onwards) now they're pushing out other fans to forums such as Facebook (I'd rather stick my dick in a storm drain) or Twitter (limited to 160 characters).
Round of applause Bioware, just rebrand as a division of EA and be done with it.

Nah on the new "main" BSn they are looking forward to it.
Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by windsurfing Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:09 am

Completely forgot about glassdoor. Should have checked on what current and former employees are saying about Bioware.

Not surprised by the constant reference to "old guard" and their unwillingness to accept any bright ideas if it didn't come from them, pure professional jealousy and to top it all, nepotism. I am very familiar with this sort of cronyism from my days at AMD. Now we know for sure why things took a turn for the worse in ME3 but come to think of it signs of that were already there in ME2. Mac Walters, Mac Walters....Cerberus.

The standout constant being "things were better before EA" assimilated them, we knew this anyway just going by history.

By Q4 2017, maybe even earlier, Bioware will in all likelihood be dissolved, management cronies will get new roles within EA while the majority will be laid-off. The ones who saw this coming have already jumped ship a while back.
windsurfing
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:42 am

windsurfing wrote:Completely forgot about glassdoor. Should have checked on what current and former employees are saying about Bioware.

Not surprised by the constant reference to "old guard" and their unwillingness to accept any bright ideas if it didn't come from them, pure professional jealousy and to top it all, nepotism. I am very familiar with this sort of cronyism from my days at AMD. Now we know for sure why things took a turn for the worse in ME3 but come to think of it signs of that were already there in ME2. Mac Walters, Mac Walters....Cerberus.

The standout constant being "things were better before EA" assimilated them, we knew this anyway just going by history.

By Q4 2017, maybe even earlier, Bioware will in all likelihood be dissolved, management cronies will get new roles within EA while the majority will be laid-off. The ones who saw this coming have already jumped ship a while back.

I am doubting it. ME will become like Call of Duty.
Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:37 am

"Mark I: The Catalyst Menace.
Mark II: The BSN Wars.
Mark III: Revenge of the Literalist.
Mark IV: A New Home.
Mark V: The Literalist strike back.
Mark VI: Return of the ITers.

New update.
Mark: VII: All things end"

Holy shit a few months back i had wrote the Mark: VII title as a joke, yet with the BSN coming to an end i guess it is poetic haha.
Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:40 am

RIP Bioware..... sounds like a really bad place to work.

“It takes ten times as long to put yourself back together as it does to fall apart.”
― Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay

“Insanity is everyone expecting you not to fall apart when you find out everything you believed in was a lie.”
― Shannon L. Alder

“Things that came apart could be put together again, but never exactly the same.”
― Deb Caletti, The Six Rules of Maybe

“You aren’t falling apart. You’re well beyond that. You’re just rattling along now. Elven dolls doing what little you can to gather the pieces as they fall away. But you don’t know how to properly reattach them—a doll does not repair itself. So you hug those brittle fragments to your chest until you simply cannot hug anymore. Until you’ve had to leave so many behind that you no longer remember what it is you’re missing.”
― Darrell Drake, Where Madness Roosts

“Human beings, you see, fall apart all the time. In many different ways. That is the central theme. There is no need to disguise it.”
― Patrick Somerville, The Universe in Miniature in Miniature

dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:38 pm

Hahahaha. BSN is dead. Shutting down!!! Hahahaha. This board will outlive The BSN Derp Mind! We did it! We destroyed the heretics!!! Hahahaha.
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:44 pm

Terramine wrote:I really don't think they are as fucked as you guys make it seem. The vast majority of their fans are casual gamers. The kind of people you guys yourselves have admitted aren't that invested in thinking that hard about the stuff they play. The kind of people that look at Andromeda and say "This is fine, can't wait".

Exactly.
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:03 am

it should be noted that if you go on BSN before they close it down, IT is becoming far more accepted as this draws to an end. Maybe thats the point? We got it years ago. Damn you BSN.
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:22 am

dorktainian wrote:it should be noted that if you go on BSN before they close it down, IT is becoming far more accepted as this draws to an end.  Maybe thats the point?  We got it years ago.  Damn you BSN.
I've talked about IT quite a few times and no one has said anything negative to me.

Okay, yes they have, but it's because I'm me, not because I'm an IT'er.  They're very accepting now.  In fact, when I talked about how Atomos banned the topic, then banned anyone who even questioned his fatty rule, quite a few posters that weren't around then were surprised and disgusted about the way we were treated.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by windsurfing Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:35 am

dorktainian wrote:it should be noted that if you go on BSN before they close it down, IT is becoming far more accepted as this draws to an end.  Maybe thats the point?  We got it years ago.  Damn you BSN.

I see that as more of a belligerent reaction to the emergent understanding of the total lore disconnect and sheer idiocy to the whole ME:A angle. BSN closure just made that sentiment finally come out in full. Anyone with any sense at all can see that the need to even go to Andromeda is just to ignore the sorry ass endings. This is a piss poor attempt to mimic ME1 knowing fully they just can't. Maybe Bioware/EA can win over the morons who will see things that aren't there just so they can defend any crap Bioware throws out there. Businesses can't work with the sales from a few thousand mindless groupies. EA looks for tens of millions in sales, even a few millions just above breakeven is seen as a failure by EA's shareholders. Shareholders are total morons of another kind, they only care about ROI, they couldn't give a shit about your franchise and all the hard work that went into making it what it is today. What we are seeing is the slow but sure demise of Bioware as an entity, the vestiges will be absorbed into EA proper while the rest are laidoff. The reason for the total lack of any game play footage this E3 was not because of some grand secrets they didn't want us to see, it's just that they are so behind schedule they have nothing to show. ME:A will be DLCs galore after launch (if it even launches) guaranteed, stuff that otherwise would be in the main game anyway *wink wink*

Last edited by windsurfing on Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : massive typos)
windsurfing
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:48 pm

Rifneno wrote:
I've talked about IT quite a few times and no one has said anything negative to me.

Okay, yes they have, but it's because I'm me, not because I'm an IT'er.  They're very accepting now.  In fact, when I talked about how Atomos banned the topic, then banned anyone who even questioned his fatty rule, quite a few posters that weren't around then were surprised and disgusted about the way we were treated.

ikr it is crazy.
Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:31 pm

I knew once they got rid of the off topic sector it was only a matter of time before they vastly changed it or closed it down all together. The latter is what they decided on, even tho I don't post over there and don't really like the BSN Hive mind, I still think it's a mistake to close the forum down. Bioware really is a shell of even its ME3/SWTOR self. I mean they've put out one game in the last 4+ years. Pretty bad.
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next