(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Page 8 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 23  Next

Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 8 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by ElSuperGecko on Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:58 pm

I've really been going back and forth on Andromeda, and trying to stay optimisitic, but the PAX footage has really put me off.

Considering we're talking about five years and a generational leap in technology, there's not an amazing improvement here.  The exploration / open world footage in the Nomad look great, but the character models aren't exactly leaps and bounds ahead of ME3, and in some cases appear to have regressed.  The characters all seem to have eyes that point in different directions, for God's sake.

The combat looks just.. bad.  Compared to ME3, it looks just, really bad.  The ability to jump appears to have turned the entire combat engine into a comedy clusterfuck.

And the voice acting is awful.  Seriously awful.  The Liam loyalty mission?  Absolutely terrible, no emotion, no sense of drama, it's almost deadpan.

Space Cow

Back to top Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 8 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by ZerebusPrime on Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:37 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:If the only star in this system is in fact a black hole, how can there even be life on any of these planets, hell, how can there even be daylight?

The black hole is at the center of the Helius Cluster as I understand it. The habitats should be in their own star systems.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:22 am

Honestly, in 5 years have they not learn't how to do facial / skin texture? The hair is just so PS2. Fem Ryder's face looks like a freshly skinned muppet. The bodies are not even realistic, like some weird cartoon caracture of a human body. Frostbite sucks ass and Bioderp has no choice but to use the clusterfuck of a game engine. The dialogue? This is Mac the Hack remember so the dialogue will be utter garbage. This is gonna be DAI in space with additional side quests.

I still have a few nagging Questions.

Why did we go to andromeda with a crew in hypersleep when there were no guarantees we'd be able to sustain them?
Why wouldn't any of the cast of Mass Effect 3 mention this? I mean it would have nade a huge difference to the end synopsis. Commander Shepard would know Humanity have travelled to Andromeda, and surely this would have been mentioned in conversations regarding the extinction of our species?
How did they get to Andromeda in 600 years? Seriously, there are no mass relays and faster than light travel wouldn't cut it.
Why travel looking for resources when everyone you know and love will be dead by the time you actually discover any and even have to think about sending resources back the other way?
How in the hell did they think they'd find the resources to complete the nexus? How did they know they even would? Isn't it a kinda dumb ass move if they couldn't?
Did they not take into account the fact they might just fly into a fleet of fucking reapers?

Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by windsurfing on Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:34 pm

Are you a social recluse with little to no social interaction, physical contact with real life people? Are you a miserable failure at having intimate meaningful stable relations with real people? Do you jerk-off to virtual characters? Do you feel like laughing out aloud at cringe worthy humor because anything a little more sophisticated skips off right over your head? If the answers to those questions are 'Yes' then Mass Effect Andromeda is for you!

Mass Effect: Andromeda. Redefining the romance simulation genre.

ESRB Rated R*

*retarded
windsurfing
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:45 pm

windsurfing wrote:Are you a social recluse with little to no social interaction, physical contact with real life people? Are you a miserable failure at having intimate meaningful stable relations with real people? Do you jerk-off to virtual characters? Do you feel like laughing out aloud at cringe worthy humor because anything a little more sophisticated skips off right over your head? If the answers to those questions are 'Yes' then Mass Effect Andromeda is for you!

ESRB Rated R*

*retarded

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 8 71822c0c44d88771f7111e0b4a9809b4

Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime on Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:19 pm

ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Der Wahnsinn on Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:27 pm

windsurfing wrote:Are you a social recluse with little to no social interaction, physical contact with real life people? Are you a miserable failure at having intimate meaningful stable relations with real people? Do you jerk-off to virtual characters? Do you feel like laughing out aloud at cringe worthy humor because anything a little more sophisticated skips off right over your head? If the answers to those questions are 'Yes' then Mass Effect Andromeda is for you!

ESRB Rated R*

*retarded

Nice one , well said sir

What the hell is going on with people ?!
The only place where people should romance is the real life. Period, Thank you and goodbye. I was trying to convince myself to play that, to look at this as a action sci-fi bullshit game, but that  artifical romance bullshit, is too creepy. Fuck this shit, maybe for multiplayer which can be actually fun, but this is something I can get later on the sale. For now I'm going to sit and watch.
Der Wahnsinn
Der Wahnsinn
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime on Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:01 pm

Wait, an FTL corridor telescope?

http://masseffectandromeda.gamepedia.com/Planet#Golden_worlds

Charting the Andromeda Galaxy for habitable planets presents a unique challenge. Observation is limited by light, and given Andromeda's distance, any observations from the Milky Way are 2.5 million years out of date - enough time for a planet to have altered irrevocably.

Initial attempts to identify settlement sites were made by obtaining asari astronomical surveys and running them through predictive models. But Jien Garson was unwilling to risk thousands of colonists without solid information.

Eventually, the Initiative obtained promising data from quarian explorers who claimed to have found a geth array on the fringes of the Perseus Veil. This array was supposedly built from three mass relays, using sensors in the combined relay corridor as a form of FTL "telescope" to observe dark space beyond the galactic rim. Why the geth expanded so much effort to study dark space is not known.

Amongst these observations were near-contemporary surveys of Andromeda. When our predictive models confirmed them within an acceptable margin, the Initiative was able to begin identifying "golden worlds."

So the Geth of ME2, and probably not the Heretics but we don't know for certain, were apparently scouring dark space.  A reasonable leap of logic would be that they were looking for the Reapers' hiding spot.  Thing is they apparently included the edge of Andromeda in those surveys. That begs many questions.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Valsamon on Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:39 am

2 years since they first announced details of ME:A (i think?), and i only just got that...
Heleus Cluster.  Andromeda.  Perseus Veil.
"Heleus or Heleius (Ἕλειος), also Helius (Ἕλιος), was the youngest son of Perseus and Andromeda."
Very droll Bioware.

ZerebusPrime wrote:

Uncertain
If all matter in an FTL corridor is mass-free, would that include light? It's a pretty neat idea - certainly not anymore of a stretch scientifically than Element Zero and 'Mass Effect' in any case.
I'd ask whether relays have to connect to other relays to create a mass-free corridor, but then that part of the codex was already ditched in ME2 with the Omega 4 relay, so...

ZerebusPrime wrote:
So the Geth of ME2, and probably not the Heretics but we don't know for certain, were apparently scouring dark space.  A reasonable leap of logic would be that they were looking for the Reapers' hiding spot.  Thing is they apparently included the edge of Andromeda in those surveys.  That begs many questions.

Additional, less-reasonable logical leap; the Geth have been partially observing Andromeda as a possible point of origin for the 'Old Machines'.  Which, for reasons I could go into ad nauseum, could be worked into the lore pretty seamlessly (short version: the Leviathans lie, constantly. Every part of that narrative should be suspect - including the Reapers being their creation, and Harbinger being the 'First' Reaper). If anyone wants to be really bored, i can go post under scary door about it.

Quick note on the Smudboy video. Hes amusingly sarcastic about the subject, but he doesnt seem to understand how a telescopic array works.  You wouldn't want to move the relays closer together - the greater the baseline distance between observation points in an array, the better the data they produce.
Valsamon
Valsamon
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by Valsamon on Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:51 am

Spoiler:

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 8 Meridi10

WHAT IS MERIDIAN?

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 8 Meridi11

Valsamon
Valsamon
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime on Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:02 am

Spoiler:
Pretty sure the line was "read his mind", not "meridian is mine". Cue the Ryder twin getting their mind read in the very next scene.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by crash23 on Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:02 am

Considering how the Leviathans act, I wouldn't put it past them to not necessarily blatantly lie, but fudge the fact about things that they'd want to promote their awesomeness about.

"Oh yeah, we, uh, made the Intelligence ourselves! From nowhere! Shut up. It was not a mistake!"

crash23
LOKI

Back to top Go down

Post by crash23 on Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:03 am

ZerebusPrime wrote:
Spoiler:
Pretty sure the line was "read his mind", not "meridian is mine".  Cue the Ryder twin getting their mind read in the very next scene.

Its in the closed captioning.

crash23
LOKI

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime on Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:10 am

I just saw that, crash23. I couldn't edit fast enough. But did youtube do that with automatic voice recognition dictation or did BioWare write the subtitles in? Reverb can mess things up.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by crash23 on Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:12 am

Spoiler:
It is 'Meridian' because Meridian is a location/objective in the achievements list, and given its silver status, it is likely the final location/objective, final mission (before post-game, I mean).

That said, if Bioware was sneaky, making it also sound like 'Read his mind' for a secret reason could be cool. But I will not count on it.

crash23
LOKI

Back to top Go down

Post by windsurfing on Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:20 pm

3 way mass relay telescopic cocktail, thats both tragic and hilarious at the same time. Yeah I read that small text the first time that video was uploaded and was going like WTF.... oh wait this Andromeda, anything is possible with this new plot direction. Never mind me, carry on.
windsurfing
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime on Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:18 pm

Windsurfing, Valsalon is correct in pointing out that using the mass relays in that way is very similar to the way we use modern telescopes (radio or otherwise) to determine the position of objects in space.  Using three hacked mass relays each in different star systems and their data sync'ed with QEC's isn't a big stretch of the imagination. I would point out that the Geth looking through dark space to try to determine where the Reapers' were sleeping is entirely in their character. The Heretics would want to find a replacement for Nazara. The rest of the Geth would want to be able to at least know if the Reapers are mobilizing or not.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere on Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:40 pm

ZerebusPrime wrote:Windsurfing, Valsalon is correct in pointing out that using the mass relays in that way is very similar to the way we use modern telescopes (radio or otherwise) to determine the position of objects in space.  Using three hacked mass relays each in different star systems and their data sync'ed with QEC's isn't a big stretch of the imagination.  I would point out that the Geth looking through dark space to try to determine where the Reapers' were sleeping is entirely in their character.  The Heretics would want to find a replacement for Nazara.  The rest of the Geth would want to be able to at least know if the Reapers are mobilizing or not.

It would be...

if it was ever in any shape or form indicated you could use a Relay like that.

First off you would need to hack a Mass Relay, something which has eluded every race so far for all that we have ever known in the series.

And then you need to be able to use it for something other than its very specific intended purpose.

N7

Back to top Go down

Post by ericformans_sisterisdead on Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:05 pm

Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime on Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:21 pm

LEAVE THE HINTERLANDS!

Spoiler:
EDIT: SPACE HINTERLANDS!

THAT LOOK LIKE THE WESTERN APPROACH!  IN SPACE!

Seriously, that first planet has me expecting me to run into Iron Bull trying to trap a Sandy Howler.  

Space Iron Bull.

Actually, Space Iron Bull could work...

ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:40 am

I know what I'm doing on release day..

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 8 Tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17

Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by windsurfing on Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:08 pm

ZerebusPrime wrote:Windsurfing, Valsalon is correct in pointing out that using the mass relays in that way is very similar to the way we use modern telescopes (radio or otherwise) to determine the position of objects in space.  Using three hacked mass relays each in different star systems and their data sync'ed with QEC's isn't a big stretch of the imagination.  I would point out that the Geth looking through dark space to try to determine where the Reapers' were sleeping is entirely in their character.  The Heretics would want to find a replacement for Nazara.  The rest of the Geth would want to be able to at least know if the Reapers are mobilizing or not.

That's not just a mere big stretch that's a classic contrivance. Their own lore establishes that Mass Relays are near impregnable for it be in anyway re-purposed by any lowly MilkyWay races. Milky Way races merely got far enough to use it but that's about it. That was the whole mystique about them, everyone uses it but no one knew a damn about building one save for the Protheans. Now all of a sudden the Geth have managed it, why? because reasons.

Well actually we know the reason very well: the Mass Effect 3 shit hole endings Bioware dug themselves into.

If MEU knew this back then why didn't the Alliance, Council races or even Cerberus try and use it to track Reaper movements in dark space? That's easy, Bioware hadn't come up with this hand wave back then. Heck TIM could have had Shepard even use such a contraption to know where the reapers are in dark space and take the fight to them before they got close to the MilkyWay or atleast even consider looking for options rather than going after collector bases. Shepard has had numerous run ins with classified materials anyway, plus he had Show Broker on his side right after ME2. Naaaww that's not fun let's all focus on Andromeda because deep sleep cruising around in space for 600 years all for the sake of exploration while more than half the Milkyway remains unexplored is just so much in vogue. Yeah let's all do that.

Nope I smell handwave bullshit.

While we are at it let's not find excuses for Bioware with the rehashed "ah reapers" meme, while Council members outwardly maintained that notion it was implied throughout ME2 and ME3 they took the threat seriously internally and because they didn't know what they were dealing with and on how to respond they adopted the pretend dumb tactic.

If you have seen the first 17 mins of MEA published by IGN and then later the first 45mins of MEA, you would have gotten that genuine first time WTF feeling when you saw them exit out of FLT straight at the outskirts of Andromeda. Bioware ain't messing around they just want to get away from the trilogy as soon as possible. Lore consistency and basic logic??! Come on Pfft! aint nobody got time for that.
windsurfing
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:49 pm

this guy had better lip animations than appear in andromeda from what i've seen.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 8 Latest?cb=20140823061840

Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 on Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:01 pm

ZerebusPrime wrote:

http://masseffectandromeda.gamepedia.com/Planet#Golden_worlds

Charting the Andromeda Galaxy for habitable planets presents a unique challenge. Observation is limited by light, and given Andromeda's distance, any observations from the Milky Way are 2.5 million years out of date - enough time for a planet to have altered irrevocably.

Initial attempts to identify settlement sites were made by obtaining asari astronomical surveys and running them through predictive models. But Jien Garson was unwilling to risk thousands of colonists without solid information.

Eventually, the Initiative obtained promising data from quarian explorers who claimed to have found a geth array on the fringes of the Perseus Veil. This array was supposedly built from three mass relays, using sensors in the combined relay corridor as a form of FTL "telescope" to observe dark space beyond the galactic rim. Why the geth expanded so much effort to study dark space is not known.

Amongst these observations were near-contemporary surveys of Andromeda. When our predictive models confirmed them within an acceptable margin, the Initiative was able to begin identifying "golden worlds."

So the Geth of ME2, and probably not the Heretics but we don't know for certain, were apparently scouring dark space.  A reasonable leap of logic would be that they were looking for the Reapers' hiding spot.  Thing is they apparently included the edge of Andromeda in those surveys.  That begs many questions.

I can't believe you guys still spend your time watching smudboy's videos. This guy is only able to nitpick without even taking into account the ME universe lore. Worse he's even gloating while showing his ignorance.

Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 on Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:09 pm

Raistlin Majere wrote:

It would be...

if it was ever in any shape or form indicated you could use a Relay like that.

First off you would need to hack a Mass Relay, something which has eluded every race so far for all that we have ever known in the series.

And then you need to be able to use it for something other than its very specific intended purpose.

Actually we know nothing about geth real tech level. Furthermore we kept stumbling upon Geth tech devices which uses were totally foreign to us. Hacking a relay is impossible only for council species. Do I have to remind you the protheans are said to have managed to replicate one? (even if I think the relay seen in ME1 on the presidium has nothing in common with standard relays.)

Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 23  Next