Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Page 9 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 23  Next

Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 9 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by Raistlin Majere on Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:31 pm

vlad78 wrote:
Raistlin Majere wrote:
ZerebusPrime wrote:Windsurfing, Valsalon is correct in pointing out that using the mass relays in that way is very similar to the way we use modern telescopes (radio or otherwise) to determine the position of objects in space.  Using three hacked mass relays each in different star systems and their data sync'ed with QEC's isn't a big stretch of the imagination.  I would point out that the Geth looking through dark space to try to determine where the Reapers' were sleeping is entirely in their character.  The Heretics would want to find a replacement for Nazara.  The rest of the Geth would want to be able to at least know if the Reapers are mobilizing or not.

It would be...

if it was ever in any shape or form indicated you could use a Relay like that.

First off you would need to hack a Mass Relay, something which has eluded every race so far for all that we have ever known in the series.

And then you need to be able to use it for something other than its very specific intended purpose.

Actually we know nothing about geth real tech level. Furthermore we kept stumbling upon Geth tech devices which uses were totally foreign to us. Hacking a relay is impossible only for council species. Do I have to remind you the protheans are said to have  managed to replicate one? (even if I think the relay seen in ME1 on the presidium has nothing in common with standard relays.)

They are clearly not any further ahead of everyone else than that the Qurians can come up with a viable tech weapon against them.

And still not solve the problem of using a transport system which requires an identical or similar device at the designated arrival point as a telescope to examine something in another Galaxy.

N7

Back to top Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 9 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by windsurfing on Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:48 am

While people debate over how to fit in Bioware's latest hand waves as lore consist as best possible you guys might want to take a look at the dreadful writing in place for the opening 45mins alone. It's so bad it's good for laughing at the sheer stupidity of the exposition. There are numerous attempts to mimic Star trek themes but failing miserably in comedic fashion. When you watch it it you will know what am talking about.

It's like the entire writing team got displaced by interns. No really, the lame jokes are the type you'd hear from high school kids The general dialogues are so ridiculous you'd have to wonder how Caroline Livingstone who did such a brilliant job with the first 3 could possibly sit in that booth with the voice actors and ever say with a straight face "Ooo nice, that was perfect". I won't be surprised to see she being the next to leave Bioware, this sort of mediocrity is not good for her high standards.
windsurfing
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri on Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:20 am

Here's another preliminary review of the first few hours that is less than glowing- http://www.pcgamer.com/we-have-mixed-feelings-about-the-first-few-hours-of-mass-effect-andromeda/

Definitely a wait for a sale title for me, if I get it at all. The concerns about cheesy writing and uninteresting characters look like deal breakers. However, I am still somewhat interested in the thematic significance of the Kett
Spoiler:
They look to be some sort of techno organic hybrids that assimilate other species through a process called 'Exaltation' if the trophy list means what I think it does. In which case they represent a horrible version of another galaxy's attempt at Synthesis. Far from being the kind of enlightened super-beings promised by ME3s green epilogue they are, in fact, a bunch of evil, exploitative arse holes representing synthesis' worst aspect, it's forced, non-consensual infliction on people that never asked for it. Is this the closest Bioware will ever get to admitting that Synthesis is, was, and always will be the wrong choice?
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:15 am

Whole day the chat has been making fun of the animations. OMG. They're so fucking bad. One character is smirking as they process the news that their father just died. They aren't crazy and the dad wasn't an abuser or anything, the animations are just abhorrent. Another time, a character disappears into thin air while on-camera. It's not good enough to be called a train wreck.

https://twitter.com/truongasm/status/842138336764416000
https://twitter.com/UndeadIrrlicht/status/842124856699281410
https://twitter.com/etdragonpunch/status/841961829651865600

People are still hopeful for this game. LOLOMG. The "I told you so"ing I'm gonna be doing the week of release will be exhausting. If I was rich, I'd be paying skywriters to put "I told you so" over major cities.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by windsurfing on Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:25 am

That first tweet is pure gold, how bad can the animation and now even the voice acting get? Well so bad that a new term needs to be coined just for this.

Agreed, a train wreck of a game would still be better. Atleast Bioware can now gloat they have been innovating, from the other extreme.
windsurfing
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:44 am

When they told you that you'd be the big guddamn hero but instead you're a monster that shouldn't be.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 9 C692NcRWwAIxzkE

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by crash23 on Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:58 am

The Kett alpha enemy units are called 'Ascendant Kett'.

“I am the Harbinger of your ascendance.”

crash23
LOKI

Back to top Go down

Post by 1864_WORST_YEAR_OF_MY_LIF on Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:54 am

"Kett" is the right word to describe what the devs were on when they made those terrible fucking animations, only a mind on drugs would see those as passable lol.
1864_WORST_YEAR_OF_MY_LIF
Drone

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:57 am

Mac Walters.... Take a bow.

The Internet is going to have a field day with this shite. I have to buy this game now just for the sheer self punishment.

Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Jusseb on Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:22 am

We'll know by monday when the reviews are released.

Maybe we'll finally get our revenge.
Jusseb
Jusseb
Geth Pyro

Back to top Go down

Post by 1864_WORST_YEAR_OF_MY_LIF on Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:38 am

The first 10 hours definitely ain't something to write home about. Been playing it for a bit now and there's just so much shit in it. It's really bad, but it's not what I'd expect from a AAA game, or a Mass Effect for that matter.

Drone

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:12 am

I'm expecting a hillarious review of this game from Smudboy - even though he said he wouldn't buy it. I would hope he's a bit like me wanting to buy just to see how bad it truly is.

Looks like all the proper game people jumped ship after ME3 and the rest is just mediocrity.

Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreHarbinger on Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:16 pm

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 9 Tumblr_mwri7twdNR1sw7tz3o1_500

I'm still fully expecting ME:A to fail quite badly. Sure you'll have the paid reviews that'll say "9/10 would Andromeda again bc space sex" or people will find good things or lulz in it, but overall i'm expecting quite a bad or rough score/reviews.

Blood Pack Boom-Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:01 pm

I hope Mac is bricking it.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 9 XUPGcwNov4PHdToe64

Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreHarbinger on Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:50 pm

Much of the same same. I'll wait until it drops rapidly in price before i contemplate buying it just for the MP

Blood Pack Boom-Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:10 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEc0sWXpSAY

at the end..... IT confirmed

Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by crash23 on Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:15 pm

dorktainian wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEc0sWXpSAY

I'll be honest. I was creeped out.

crash23
LOKI

Back to top Go down

Post by windsurfing on Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:17 pm

dorktainian wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEc0sWXpSAY

LOL
windsurfing
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime on Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:57 pm

Laughing

I honestly don't care. Despite what a lot of people are saying, I find a bad BioWare game is still fun. Except when it's soul-destroyingly bad, of course.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Der Wahnsinn on Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:10 am

Today I was playing with my friends at X One and ..... did you guys saw the Character Creator ? I mean it is a complete joke, choose some presets, few sliders and that's all. For example let's say preset 1 has a good nose, but awful eyes, you can't change it, so what in the actual fuck is that ? We were trying to create some normal looking character, but it was always something wrong, shity nose, shity proportions .... just give me a break.
Der Wahnsinn
Der Wahnsinn
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by 1864_WORST_YEAR_OF_MY_LIF on Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:01 am

It annoys me in the character creator that there are no white presets for Female Ryder. So I tried making my character as white as possible, but when I finally launch the game I find out that my dad is apparently the darkest Black man this side of the Sahara.
Drone

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:11 am

Der Wahnsinn wrote:Today I was playing with my friends at X One and ..... did you guys saw the Character Creator ?
http://www.captiongenerator.com/411472/Mass-Effect-Andromedas-Character-Creator

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by crash23 on Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:09 am

I have played 5 hours. Definitely need a new GPU in the next year.

Kett are... okay.... yeah... synthesis... kill it with fire. Or with me, overload and shots out of cloaking.

crash23
LOKI

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:45 am

crash23 wrote:I have played 5 hours. Definitely need a new GPU in the next year.
Don't make that call based on ME:A.  Among its many, MANY failings is an incredibly poorly optimized PC port.  I've heard some reviewers say it's the worst port they've seen in years.  People with extremely high end gaming rigs can't keep 60 FPS in medium settings despite noting that the game looks like crap.  High?  30-40.  Again, for new, very high end systems.

If there's a way this game is NOT a miserable failure, it hasn't been found yet.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 9 C7F0NVFVwAENqo4

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 on Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:10 am

Go to 54:30 and see the black tendrils when SAM is establishing connection with Ryder's brain.

BTW SAM has a geth voice. Or so it seems.

Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 23  Next