Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

+32
felpscross
triggerwarning
Terramine
TerramineLightvoid
KneeTheCap
Fur28
Byne
XXIceColdXX
smash016
1864_WORST_YEAR_OF_MY_LIF
ericformans_sisterisdead
MaximizedAction
Jusseb
ElSuperGecko
TurianRebel212
windsurfing
crash23
WeAreHarbinger
Eryri
Valsamon
magnetite
CSSteele
vlad78
Der Wahnsinn
Master Blaster
jojon2se
Raistlin Majere
dorktainian
Maximus
DoomsdayDevice
Rifneno
ZerebusPrime
36 posters

Page 14 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 14 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by DoomsdayDevice Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:29 pm

5th ark is just another excuse to have all the same things in the new galaxy.

As for what Maximus said, I don't feel any hate for Bioware. Just disappointment really for where they took the series.

Of course we're just here for social interactions, but that doesn't mean we can't still discuss Mass Effect.

I'm not holding my breath for an IT reveal. If it ever does happen, it'll be long overdue and no one will care. They should have used the momentum of the ending outrage.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 14 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by crash23 Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:43 am

An angaran just called the Remnant 'the old machines'.

Biowar plz.

EDIT: Oh right, and there's this message:
Spoiler:

crash23
LOKI

Back to top Go down

Post by magnetite Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:07 am

Ending spoilers

Spoiler:
magnetite
magnetite
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:41 am

wait.. there's an ending?
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by crash23 Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:42 am

dorktainian wrote:wait.. there's an ending?  

More like an end to the first story arc while more transparently setting up DLC and sequels than ever.

But yeah.

crash23
LOKI

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:10 pm

From what I've seen and read, MEAMP is a complete and utter disaster. Constant disconnects, crashes to desktop, people not joining when you're hosting, mics being on by default (no push to talk option), completely unbalanced gameplay, 95% of weapons being utterly weak, biotic and tech combos being utterly weak (level 6 primers and detonators used, not even basic mooks die in the explosion), enemies being extreme bullet sponges, really bad audiovisual design (lots of sounds missing; Krogan and other characters being completely mute no matter what they do - basically kits have no personality whatsoever), understated visual and sound effects in general, really bad drop rates in packs, nerfed cooldowns which make power builds impossible, everyone is forced to gunplay, almost any action cancels reloading, even sprinting and jumping, even taking out your cobra is cancelled by any action, etc, etc etc. It goes on and on and on....
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:38 pm

IIRC there's supposed to be an announcement on Tuesday regarding what if anything EABioWare is going to be doing to fix MassEA's problems.

Meanwhile, I'll just leave these here:

I have only played singleplayer. I have not beaten the game yet so I'm avoiding spoilers. My game has crashed a half dozen times, yes. The back half of the Tempest failed to pop into place at one point and so Ryder fell out into space while trying to reach the galley.

I'm still having fun with it. I also like the story I've seen on its own merits. There's an asteroid planet that you get to run the Nomad over and I swear I had flashbacks to ME1 and driving the Mako on the moon (but with better controls). Some things in this game work very well.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:06 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:From what I've seen and read, MEAMP is a complete and utter disaster. Constant disconnects, crashes to desktop, people not joining when you're hosting, mics being on by default (no push to talk option), completely unbalanced gameplay, 95% of weapons being utterly weak, biotic and tech combos being utterly weak (level 6 primers and detonators used, not even basic mooks die in the explosion), enemies being extreme bullet sponges, really bad audiovisual design (lots of sounds missing; Krogan and other characters being completely mute no matter what they do - basically kits have no personality whatsoever), understated visual and sound effects in general, really bad drop rates in packs, nerfed cooldowns which make power builds impossible, everyone is forced to gunplay, almost any action cancels reloading, even sprinting and jumping, even taking out your cobra is cancelled by any action, etc, etc etc. It goes on and on and on....
(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 14 VN4wUdC
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:20 am

Ok, Krogan in multiplayer aren't laughing when they headbutt things anymore. The hell.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:26 am

Some spoilers in the video below, particularly in the last half.

Spoiler:

Inquisition in Space indeed. Still, if that pattern were to continue, at least we could expect some decent DLC, culminating in a post-game one with an antagonist that's actually half-way interesting...

I can live in hope, anyway.
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:22 am

For all its flaws, the game is really enjoyable imho. I have a blast. I can't care less about multiplayer since it's not ME main element of the game.

BTW it's not really like inquisition, it's like ME1. You have a good main quest and, lots of sidemissions, if you want to do them, more or less enjoyable but because some give infos or hints about what is happening in andromeda it's still entertaining while inquisition side quests were not. (seriously who enjoyed choosing watch towers building site and riding in circle on a horse just to show you could ride faster than the local peasant?)

The only thin I really dislike is how the autosave work during priority missions, it's really dumb and infuriating.

@Doomsdaydevice

No, the 5th ark may not just be an excuse to have all the same things in this galaxy, it carries all the other species for whom the first trilogy gave us hints about leviathan control.

= no batarian.
vlad78
vlad78
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:49 am

vlad78 wrote:For all its flaws, the game is really enjoyable imho. I have a blast. I can't care less about multiplayer since it's not ME main element of the game.

BTW it's not really like inquisition, it's like ME1. You have a good main quest and, lots of sidemissions, if you want to do them, more or less enjoyable but because some give infos or hints about what is happening in andromeda it's still entertaining while inquisition side quests were not. (seriously who enjoyed choosing watch towers building site and riding in circle on a horse just to show you could ride faster than the local peasant?)

The only thin I really dislike is how the autosave work during priority missions, it's really dumb and infuriating.

@Doomsdaydevice

No, the 5th ark may not just be an excuse to have all the same things in this galaxy, it carries all the other species for whom the first trilogy gave us hints about leviathan control.

= no batarian.

Nope. It's pretty much exactly like DAI. The side quests are utterly boring, the game is padded by content that really doesn't alter the endgame at all. It's just Soooooooooo boring. Oh and don't forget it's chock full of glitches and shoddy writing + crap dialogue.
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:39 pm

Begin All
End All
Screw all the other reviews.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximus Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:58 pm

dorktainian wrote:Nope. It's pretty much exactly like DAI.  The side quests are utterly boring,  the game is padded by content that really doesn't alter the endgame at all.  It's just Soooooooooo boring.  Oh and don't forget it's chock full of glitches and shoddy writing + crap dialogue.

Never played DA:I. I'll take your word for it when you say it's the very same game. That being said, I have an unpopular opinion to share.

I agree with the sentiment that BioWare done fucked up yet again by releasing severly unfinished product under the title of 'Mass Effect' franchise and in doing so, they have violated everything this Sci-Fi setting became famous for. From lore to facial animations and pletora of misconceived gameplay mechanics - we could spend days writing entire epic essays on how much BioWare has failed to deliver what was expected to be a ground-breaking AAA gaming experience.

Fortunately, my expectations after ME3 were so low, I am capable of finding sufficient amount of entertainment from those parts that were actually well-executed and amusement from those parts of the game that were literally fucked up beyond salvation. Currently watching streamer called JV2017 on YouTube. Exploring the galaxy of Andromudah with him and ~~260 other folks following him on YT. I gotta say - it *is* fun, although my focus lies entirely on observing combat and exploration sections.

Isn't as boring as it may seem, when you have dozens of people constantly discussing about what's happening on the stream, making jokes about glitches and suggesting our host which combat spec/weapon he should give a shot on the next world we go to explore. Aiming for 100% completion and it doesn't take much time to wrap everything up. One stream goes for at least 4 hours straight. Within that time-frame we have recently completed some scanning, two loyalty missions and launched expedition to Eladeen.

If I were to acquire that game, it would be solely for combat and exploration experiences with an emphasis on combat. It simply rocks. Gives player so much freedom in selecting combat-specific abilities and passives. Being able to switch between favorite profiles on the fly and mid-action is libearting. Difficulty on Insanity appropriate for my tastes. Enemies could use more variety but generally - it's intense.

As for the whole rest? Dialogues? Animations? Story? Characters? Oh, well. At least we're gonna see Cora's tits! xD
I recommend following that stream for sheer amusement. Hehe.

Better that than steeping in hatreds. Better to accept the truth that Mass Effect as we knew it is dead.
What I fear is that they will make an attempt at defiling Shepard's corpse in some way. Make him another Revan to milk that sweet, sweet cash.
Maximus
Maximus
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by jojon2se Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:17 am

ZerebusPrime wrote:Begin All
End All
Screw all the other reviews.

jojon2se
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:04 am

According to the sources referenced, Bioware's upper management are allegedly to blame for the hideous facial animation. They were reported to be over reliant on an automated scanning system rather than hand crafted work, and they outsourced it to save money and time. The sources said that the actual Bioware animators even offered to work to improve it but were told not to bother.
Looks like the game was made on the cheap. $40 million sounds a lot, but it's only half of what CD Projekt spent on the Witcher 3.

Edit - here's the original video referenced

Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:11 am

Maximus wrote:Better that than steeping in hatreds. Better to accept the truth that Mass Effect as we knew it is dead.

I can do both!

Eryri wrote:

According to the sources referenced, Bioware's upper management are to blame for the hideous facial animation. Apparently they were over reliant on an automated scanning system rather than hand crafted work, and they outsourced it to save money and time. The actual Bioware animators even offered to work to improve it but were told not to bother.
Looks like the game was made on the cheap. $40 million sounds a lot, but it's only half of what CD Projekt spent on the Witcher 3

Comparing it to what is generally considered the best open world RPG ever made is not a valid comparison.  No one is saying "this isn't the best thing since sex", they're saying "why is this completely terrible in every possible way?"  Instead, how about we look at Mass Effect 3's budget?  ME3 took tons of criticism but almost none of it was budget related.

Oh.  Would you look at that.

Mass Effect 3 took 40 million to make too.

And it wasn't the worst thing since AIDS.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:16 pm

this is a proper thread on BSN.

http://bsn.boards.net/thread/7692/when-makejaalbi-hashtag

I'm seriously flabbergasted how fucking deranged the place is.
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by crash23 Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:39 pm

https://www.masseffect.com/news/the-journey-ahead?sf53509859=1

Spoiler:

--

http://blog.bioware.com/2017/04/04/mass-effect-andromeda-patch-1-05-notes/

Spoiler:

crash23
LOKI

Back to top Go down

Post by Byne Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:32 pm

crash23 wrote:-Allowing you to skip ahead when travelling between planets in the galaxy map

Thank. Christ. That was annoying as fuck.
Byne
Byne
Threadmaster™

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:57 pm

Moar youtube links!

ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by crash23 Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:56 pm

Dammit, beat me there.

crash23
LOKI

Back to top Go down

Post by windsurfing Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:55 pm

Meanwhile more common sense in this piece of work:

windsurfing
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:50 pm

Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by crash23 Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:23 pm

Also I have 50% on my content progress. Prob 2/3 through story. Yeah the game is so disjointed in quality. An example is lighting: Nexus sucks, open world is okay, Loyalty Missions are a whole higher quality.

EDIT: Granted at least ME1 was similar, if comparing UNC with main story, but still.

crash23
LOKI

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next