Literalists say the darndest things

Page 11 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

Literalists say the darndest things - Page 11 Empty Re: Literalists say the darndest things

Post by Restrider on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:50 pm

Iggy Koopa wrote:
Restrider wrote:
DoomsdayDevice wrote:Hanar secretly likes IT. He just doesn't want to admit it. He's like this guy who hangs around this girl that he claims to hate, but there's nothing he'd rather do than make sweet love to her.
Why else would he spend so much time in the IT thread?
Or he is an obsessed maniac....

Is he still spending so much time in the IT group? I haven't really been lurking there ever since this forum was started. This place is much cooler and I feel much more comfortable to post here than on the BSN.
I meant during the time the IT thread was running...
Restrider
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Posts : 934
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Democratic Republic of New Germany - Phase 1 Space

Back to top Go down

Literalists say the darndest things - Page 11 Empty Re: Literalists say the darndest things

Post by GethJuggernautMKII on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:55 pm

Iggy Koopa wrote:
Phantom Infiltrator wrote:Hanar has revealed before that he dislikes IT simply because it would make his ending choice wrong.

I believe his reasons for disliking the IT where a bit more complex than just that. Although I wouldn't doubt that this is one of the reasons why he doesn't like the IT. I also saw him posting other reasons however. He once said that he doesn't like the IT because it would just be a "cheap reset button" and turning the current endings in "just all a dream", or something like that.

I disagree with him obviously, but it still shows his reasons for disliking the IT are more than just "it makes my ending choice wrong".

You're right. The rest of his reasons stem from ignorance and a refusal to learn the first damn thing about the theory before forming an opinion. "It is a reset button" is pretty much the most inaccurate way to sum up the Indoctrination Theory.

_________________
Literalists say the darndest things - Page 11 2ch6uyd
PS3 ID: HJL14J ~~~~~~~ The ending is simply a pop quiz to see if you, the player, payed attention to the themes and messages present within the trilogy.
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Posts : 402
Join date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down

Literalists say the darndest things - Page 11 Empty Re: Literalists say the darndest things

Post by Eryri on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:55 pm

Iggy Koopa wrote:
Phantom Infiltrator wrote:Hanar has revealed before that he dislikes IT simply because it would make his ending choice wrong.

I believe his reasons for disliking the IT where a bit more complex than just that. Although I wouldn't doubt that this is one of the reasons why he doesn't like the IT. I also saw him posting other reasons however. He once said that he doesn't like the IT because it would just be a "cheap reset button" and turning the current endings in "just all a dream", or something like that.

I disagree with him obviously, but it still shows his reasons for disliking the IT are more than just "it makes my ending choice wrong".

And yet he brutally criticises every other part of ME3, including the Tuchanka and Rannoch missions. The only part of ME3 that he actually admits to liking is the control ending (of all things). He's a contrarian. He simply enjoys arguing with strangers and making their day a little bit more annoying.
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Posts : 1179
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 41
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Literalists say the darndest things - Page 11 Empty Re: Literalists say the darndest things

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:56 pm

He gives Seival a run for his money.

_________________
"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Posts : 2964
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : Probing Uranus

Back to top Go down

Literalists say the darndest things - Page 11 Empty Re: Literalists say the darndest things

Post by Restrider on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:59 pm

So, Hanar and the others are part of gang now?
What is this? Are they twelve, or retarted... or both?
Restrider
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Posts : 934
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Democratic Republic of New Germany - Phase 1 Space

Back to top Go down

Literalists say the darndest things - Page 11 Empty Re: Literalists say the darndest things

Post by Eryri on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:01 pm

Restrider wrote:So, Hanar and the others are part of gang now?
What is this? Are they twelve, or retarted... or both?

A little from column A...
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Posts : 1179
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 41
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Literalists say the darndest things - Page 11 Empty Re: Literalists say the darndest things

Post by GethJuggernautMKII on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:03 pm

Priestly locked the "toxic environment" thread.

_________________
Literalists say the darndest things - Page 11 2ch6uyd
PS3 ID: HJL14J ~~~~~~~ The ending is simply a pop quiz to see if you, the player, payed attention to the themes and messages present within the trilogy.
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Posts : 402
Join date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down

Literalists say the darndest things - Page 11 Empty Re: Literalists say the darndest things

Post by Starscream on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:05 pm

Eryri wrote:
Iggy Koopa wrote:
Phantom Infiltrator wrote:Hanar has revealed before that he dislikes IT simply because it would make his ending choice wrong.

I believe his reasons for disliking the IT where a bit more complex than just that. Although I wouldn't doubt that this is one of the reasons why he doesn't like the IT. I also saw him posting other reasons however. He once said that he doesn't like the IT because it would just be a "cheap reset button" and turning the current endings in "just all a dream", or something like that.

I disagree with him obviously, but it still shows his reasons for disliking the IT are more than just "it makes my ending choice wrong".

And yet he brutally criticises every other part of ME3, including the Tuchanka and Rannoch missions. The only part of ME3 that he actually admits to liking is the control ending (of all things). He's a contrarian. He simply enjoys arguing with strangers and making their day a little bit more annoying.

And you allow him to do exactly that.

Not only do you allow Hanar to make your day a little worse, we are even talking about him pretty much all the time in this thread and in the main thread too.


You gotta give it to him, he really did manage to get under your skin. And not just you, but a lot of us.
Starscream
Starscream
Mercenary

Posts : 105
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Literalists say the darndest things - Page 11 Empty Re: Literalists say the darndest things

Post by Restrider on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:06 pm

Nah, we just ridicule him...
He is like Seival to us.
Restrider
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Posts : 934
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Democratic Republic of New Germany - Phase 1 Space

Back to top Go down

Literalists say the darndest things - Page 11 Empty Re: Literalists say the darndest things

Post by GethJuggernautMKII on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:08 pm

Iggy Koopa wrote:
Eryri wrote:
Iggy Koopa wrote:
Phantom Infiltrator wrote:Hanar has revealed before that he dislikes IT simply because it would make his ending choice wrong.

I believe his reasons for disliking the IT where a bit more complex than just that. Although I wouldn't doubt that this is one of the reasons why he doesn't like the IT. I also saw him posting other reasons however. He once said that he doesn't like the IT because it would just be a "cheap reset button" and turning the current endings in "just all a dream", or something like that.

I disagree with him obviously, but it still shows his reasons for disliking the IT are more than just "it makes my ending choice wrong".

And yet he brutally criticises every other part of ME3, including the Tuchanka and Rannoch missions. The only part of ME3 that he actually admits to liking is the control ending (of all things). He's a contrarian. He simply enjoys arguing with strangers and making their day a little bit more annoying.

And you allow him to do exactly that.

Not only do you allow Hanar to make your day a little worse, we are even talking about him pretty much all the time in this thread and in the main thread too.


You gotta give it to him, he really did manage to get under your skin. And not just you, but a lot of us.

We're just staying on topic. It can't be helped that he comes to mind so often when thinking of dumb shit literalists say.

_________________
Literalists say the darndest things - Page 11 2ch6uyd
PS3 ID: HJL14J ~~~~~~~ The ending is simply a pop quiz to see if you, the player, payed attention to the themes and messages present within the trilogy.
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Posts : 402
Join date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down

Literalists say the darndest things - Page 11 Empty Re: Literalists say the darndest things

Post by Starscream on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:08 pm

Restrider wrote:Nah, we just ridicule him...
He is like Seival to us.

The way some of you talk about him... it seems there is more going on than just ridicule. Just saying.
Starscream
Starscream
Mercenary

Posts : 105
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Literalists say the darndest things - Page 11 Empty Re: Literalists say the darndest things

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:09 pm

Seival is obviously just pretending to be an idiot.

Hanar is for real. Laughing

_________________
"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Posts : 2964
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : Probing Uranus

Back to top Go down

Literalists say the darndest things - Page 11 Empty Re: Literalists say the darndest things

Post by Starscream on Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:06 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:Seival is obviously just pretending to be an idiot.

Hanar is for real. Laughing

No one who posts that kind of crap he does can be for real. Hanar is obviously just trolling all of you, and in come cases he's actually quite successful, no offense.
Starscream
Starscream
Mercenary

Posts : 105
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Literalists say the darndest things - Page 11 Empty Re: Literalists say the darndest things

Post by Andromidius on Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:18 pm

Phantom Infiltrator wrote:Priestly locked the "toxic environment" thread.

Thus proving it was correct.

Hilarious.
Andromidius
Andromidius
Admin

Posts : 1153
Join date : 2013-01-07

https://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Literalists say the darndest things - Page 11 Empty Re: Literalists say the darndest things

Post by GethJuggernautMKII on Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:28 pm

Andromidius wrote:
Phantom Infiltrator wrote:Priestly locked the "toxic environment" thread.

Thus proving it was correct.

Hilarious.

Its funny because closing the IT thread has done nothing to reduce hostility. If anything the hostility has gotten worse as the more sensible BSN goers make their way here.

_________________
Literalists say the darndest things - Page 11 2ch6uyd
PS3 ID: HJL14J ~~~~~~~ The ending is simply a pop quiz to see if you, the player, payed attention to the themes and messages present within the trilogy.
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Posts : 402
Join date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down

Literalists say the darndest things - Page 11 Empty Re: Literalists say the darndest things

Post by demersel on Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:03 pm

Iggy Koopa wrote:
DoomsdayDevice wrote:Seival is obviously just pretending to be an idiot.

Hanar is for real. Laughing

No one who posts that kind of crap he does can be for real. Hanar is obviously just trolling all of you, and in come cases he's actually quite successful, no offense.

Yeah, well it is all in the past now. Time to move on.
demersel
demersel
Battlemaster

Posts : 1439
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 32
Location : Moscow

Back to top Go down

Literalists say the darndest things - Page 11 Empty Re: Literalists say the darndest things

Post by Arian Dynas on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:51 am

Iggy Koopa wrote:
Eryri wrote:
Iggy Koopa wrote:
Phantom Infiltrator wrote:Hanar has revealed before that he dislikes IT simply because it would make his ending choice wrong.

I believe his reasons for disliking the IT where a bit more complex than just that. Although I wouldn't doubt that this is one of the reasons why he doesn't like the IT. I also saw him posting other reasons however. He once said that he doesn't like the IT because it would just be a "cheap reset button" and turning the current endings in "just all a dream", or something like that.

I disagree with him obviously, but it still shows his reasons for disliking the IT are more than just "it makes my ending choice wrong".

And yet he brutally criticises every other part of ME3, including the Tuchanka and Rannoch missions. The only part of ME3 that he actually admits to liking is the control ending (of all things). He's a contrarian. He simply enjoys arguing with strangers and making their day a little bit more annoying.

And you allow him to do exactly that.

Not only do you allow Hanar to make your day a little worse, we are even talking about him pretty much all the time in this thread and in the main thread too.


You gotta give it to him, he really did manage to get under your skin. And not just you, but a lot of us.

Harketh! Is that admiration I hear?

_________________
Literalists say the darndest things - Page 11 Inkbanner
My Collected Works The Bioware Buisness Plan, The Birth of the Reapers, and An End Once and For All
"We didn't go out with a bang or a whimper. We went out with a whisper."
Arian Dynas
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Posts : 879
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 26
Location : Anchorage Alaska

Back to top Go down

Literalists say the darndest things - Page 11 Empty Re: Literalists say the darndest things

Post by Arian Dynas on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:52 am

Phantom Infiltrator wrote:
Andromidius wrote:
Phantom Infiltrator wrote:Priestly locked the "toxic environment" thread.

Thus proving it was correct.

Hilarious.

Its funny because closing the IT thread has done nothing to reduce hostility. If anything the hostility has gotten worse as the more sensible BSN goers make their way here.

Two words.

Red.

Square.

_________________
Literalists say the darndest things - Page 11 Inkbanner
My Collected Works The Bioware Buisness Plan, The Birth of the Reapers, and An End Once and For All
"We didn't go out with a bang or a whimper. We went out with a whisper."
Arian Dynas
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Posts : 879
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 26
Location : Anchorage Alaska

Back to top Go down

Literalists say the darndest things - Page 11 Empty Re: Literalists say the darndest things

Post by BleedingUranium on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:14 am

Phantom Infiltrator wrote:
Andromidius wrote:
Phantom Infiltrator wrote:Priestly locked the "toxic environment" thread.

Thus proving it was correct.

Hilarious.

Its funny because closing the IT thread has done nothing to reduce hostility. If anything the hostility has gotten worse as the more sensible BSN goers make their way here.

And I've been making funny ending threads because, hey, why not? I'm not trolling, but it does annoy them when we mention any possibility other than "badd ritting lulz". I'm analyzing the game and they're not, sucks to be them.
BleedingUranium
BleedingUranium
Thresher Maw

Posts : 1921
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 27
Location : BC, Canada

Back to top Go down

Literalists say the darndest things - Page 11 Empty Re: Literalists say the darndest things

Post by RavenEyry on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:22 am

Seboist yesterday accused anyone upset at destroy killing the geth as 'glossing over their atrocities'. And what atrocities would they be? The slef defensive war? The letting their enemy flee when they could have annihilated them? Daring to ask if they had souls?

By their logic you should just let the reapers win so you don't gloss over the atrocities of other races, such as turians attacking Shanxi without warning, or all the shit humans have done of millenia.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Posts : 1705
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 26
Location : Lincoln, England

Back to top Go down

Literalists say the darndest things - Page 11 Empty Re: Literalists say the darndest things

Post by Andromidius on Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:30 pm

RavenEyry wrote:Seboist yesterday accused anyone upset at destroy killing the geth as 'glossing over their atrocities'. And what atrocities would they be? The slef defensive war? The letting their enemy flee when they could have annihilated them? Daring to ask if they had souls?

By their logic you should just let the reapers win so you don't gloss over the atrocities of other races, such as turians attacking Shanxi without warning, or all the shit humans have done of millenia.

He's a Reaper sympathiser. His opinions are hollow and meaningless.

Accusing the Geth of being evil while excusing the Reapers is just so hilarious I can't even begin to refute it without laughing. Its like telling someone who sticks up for themselves against a bully that they are evil, while sympathising for a mass murderer and agreeing the murders were justified.
Andromidius
Andromidius
Admin

Posts : 1153
Join date : 2013-01-07

https://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Literalists say the darndest things - Page 11 Empty Re: Literalists say the darndest things

Post by AxStapleton on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:54 pm

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/15655698/1#15656538

This isn't even about IT and its left me scratching my head.

_________________
Tali Heart

Literalists say the darndest things - Page 11 Icontalidance2
AxStapleton
AxStapleton
Varren

Posts : 413
Join date : 2013-01-15
Age : 26
Location : Hertfordshire, England

Back to top Go down

Literalists say the darndest things - Page 11 Empty Re: Literalists say the darndest things

Post by RavenEyry on Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:02 pm

Are you looking at the guy saying they could get reaper tech from outside the blast radius as if there weren't black holes everywhere?
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Posts : 1705
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 26
Location : Lincoln, England

Back to top Go down

Literalists say the darndest things - Page 11 Empty Re: Literalists say the darndest things

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:27 pm

I feel kind of bad for bringing this up, because it was a friend of mine who said it, but anyway...

My friend is an IT-hating literalist. He believes it's all bad writing, but here's the thing.

Upon completing the game a second time, he felt like curing the genophage and resolving the Geth/Quarian conflict was purely included as cheap and blatant fan service...

Yeah.

I don't even know where to begin with that statement.

I think I was facepalming for 15 minutes straight.

_________________
"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Posts : 2964
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : Probing Uranus

Back to top Go down

Literalists say the darndest things - Page 11 Empty Re: Literalists say the darndest things

Post by Eryri on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:33 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:I feel kind of bad for bringing this up, because it was a friend of mine who said it, but anyway...

My friend is an IT-hating literalist. He believes it's all bad writing, but here's the thing.

Upon completing the game a second time, he felt like curing the genophage and resolving the Geth/Quarian conflict was purely included as cheap and blatant fan service...

Yeah.

I don't even know where to begin with that statement.

I think I was facepalming for 15 minutes straight.

Even though it's possible to fail to do both of those things, resulting in horrible consequences like being forced to kill Mordin and Wrex, and watching Tali commit suicide?
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Posts : 1179
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 41
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Literalists say the darndest things - Page 11 Empty Re: Literalists say the darndest things

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum