Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Child and IT

+9
BleedingUranium
Andromidius
Dwailing
invetro
stargate1990
dorktainian
Eryri
draconian139
401 Kill
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Child and IT - Page 2 Empty Re: The Child and IT

Post by ElSuperGecko Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:56 am

SwobyJ wrote:
TLDR Harbinger is the best villain ever now. EVER.

+infinity. Harbinger is the villan ME3 deserves, AND the one it desperately needs right now.

Back on topic, the kid has NEVER sat well with me, from the very first time I saw him. No doubt in my mind that his appearence (both at the start and in the dreams that follow) is a sign of the Reaper's growing influence on Shepard. This is the ONLY child we EVER see in the Mass Effect series. Warning and Danger signs, no kidding. There's too much going on for it to be mere coincidence.
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:31 pm

Exactly. It's every-friggin-where.

DON'T TRUST THE CHILD.

And I'll repeat what I've said - Synthesis is Bioware's favorite ending because of the potential of drama is contains.

Back to top Go down

Post by 401 Kill Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:58 pm

SwobyJ wrote:Exactly. It's every-friggin-where.

DON'T TRUST THE CHILD.

If you follow the child, succumb and be lost (the part of your mind resisting.) and the option that the child is dead set against is destroy (You yourself will be destroyed if you listen to the child.). Synthesis is completely taking the word of the child the the cycle is somehow ready for synthesis (first cycle ever) just because Shepard made it to the desicion chamber. How could you trust him? There is a reason the child appears in the dreams, and it is not PTSD.
401 Kill
401 Kill
STG

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:31 am

SwobyJ wrote:And I'll repeat what I've said - Synthesis is Bioware's favorite ending because of the potential of drama is contains.

QFT
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by 401 Kill Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:10 am

It all comes down to this: Are you willing to trust the self-proclaimed leader of the Reapers? Who, by the way, has been at the cycle for ages and who has already manipulated countless races, people, and Shepard. If it wasn't in the form of a child (whom we presume to be a hoax from Harbinger) it would have been too obvious- to sinister to trust.

This is the Perfect Illusion indeed.
401 Kill
401 Kill
STG

Back to top Go down

Post by pasza89 Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:11 pm

ElSuperGecko wrote:Warning and Danger signs, no kidding. There's too much going on for it to be mere coincidence.

I don't see one fact that is almost never brought up - in the game there's only one conversation when anyone mentions the child. It's Shepard telling Garrus about it. Guess what sign is in the background
pasza89
pasza89
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by 401 Kill Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:30 pm

pasza89 wrote:
ElSuperGecko wrote:Warning and Danger signs, no kidding. There's too much going on for it to be mere coincidence.

I don't see one fact that is almost never brought up - in the game there's only one conversation when anyone mentions the child. It's Shepard telling Garrus about it. Guess what sign is in the background
I have only heard that but never seen that until now. It's amazing how much emphasis Bioware putting on the child. Emphasis to warn you about the child, to not trust the child.
401 Kill
401 Kill
STG

Back to top Go down

Post by 401 Kill Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:19 pm

ElSuperGecko wrote:
SwobyJ wrote:
TLDR Harbinger is the best villain ever now. EVER.

+infinity. Harbinger is the villan ME3 deserves, AND the one it desperately needs right now.

Back on topic, the kid has NEVER sat well with me, from the very first time I saw him. No doubt in my mind that his appearence (both at the start and in the dreams that follow) is a sign of the Reaper's growing influence on Shepard. This is the ONLY child we EVER see in the Mass Effect series. Warning and Danger signs, no kidding. There's too much going on for it to be mere coincidence.
Bioware are professionals when it comes to foreshadowing and subtle clues. They foreshadowed synthesis with Saren, with the Collectors. "No soul, replaced by tech.". Control was foreshadowed by TIM and the Prothean group argueing for control. Both were indoctrinated and could never hope to accomplish their goals. The same deal with the child, who is foreshadowed in the dreams; do not follow the child, it leads to death. Don't side with the child, it leads to the Death of Shepard. The endings where Shepard "dies" are Control and Synthesis.
401 Kill
401 Kill
STG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum