Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So... this is it, isn't it?

+4
Hrothdane
spotlessvoid
BlueLogic
ivenoidea
8 posters

Go down

So... this is it, isn't it? Empty So... this is it, isn't it?

Post by ivenoidea Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:02 am

Hello fellow cultists.

So.. this is the end.

Citadel will either tell us that we were right along or not.

Either way we probably won't have all that much to discuss afterwards.
If we were right we'll celebrate a bit, and then?
If we were wrong, or they simply don't say anything about IT, will we just give up and stop analyzing every bit there is?

I've been with IT since Mark I. That's been quite a while. I read most the post in the various threads we had, sometimes i posted some ideas. Then we got out own forums here and i started posting much more. (100 posts in that short time is not bad in my opinion.) I can safely say that I have never felt as involved with a game as with ME3. When i started playing i expected to go on a great journey, but I didn't exactly expect to end up playing through the entire game 8 times in a year, in order to find every little detail there is. Another thing I didn't expect is that this whole "ending-gate" would get me to meet some pretty awesome people. You know who I'm talking about.

You may not know me that well, since I only recently started posting, but i like to imagine that at least sometimes I'm actually kinda useful. Sorry for that by the way.

One thing I don't want is for us all to just forget about these forums and about what kept us going for a year, no matter the outcome of the DLC, so I want to propose a new idea:

Most of us seem to enjoy going through stuff, looking for details, figuring out the hidden underlying parts of the story when all the others only look at the outside. I think this is something pretty amazing that one doesn't get often in a community. That is why i say we should set up a website that (no offense to whoever made this one) looks a little more professional.

We could start a forum dedicated to discussing and analyzing the story of games. We could be the ones that show the world that games can be much more than just pure entertainment. Some have such rich stories that even after a year you still notice new hints at a deeper meaning.

Some of us already play the ME3 MP together. I personally like it, but there are so many other games I want to play that I hardly ever have time to, but still. We could have a dedicated section to that.

In short what i want to say is that the community we have here is something that i LOVE, and have yet to see in another forum. That is why we should get a shiny new site and build up a gaming community focused on stories. Think about it, there are many people out there that love a good story in their games. And I'm sure many of those would enjoy talking to people who enjoy that part just as much, and maybe discuss the story, meaning and content of a given game with others.

I'm terrible at "keeping it brief", so you'll have to deal with it. Anyone think this is a reasonable idea? A multi-game story focused community that plays games together sometimes?

Edit: FUCK, i should have made this in "general randomness", right? I'M SORRY! DON'T HURT ME! BABY DON'T HURT ME NO MORE!

Edit2: FUCK, someone already made a similar suggestion. Goddammit, why am I never original? Someone who can do this, just merge this post into the one by CmdrShep80 or something.
ivenoidea
ivenoidea
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

So... this is it, isn't it? Empty Re: So... this is it, isn't it?

Post by BlueLogic Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:47 am

:) I will be stopping by in the future regardless of how this thing turns out just because I like seeing what you guys have to say. The noise surrounding ME3 will inevitably die down, but the conversations don't have to. Plus, if Citadel does send Shep off with a bang, we'll have fun speculating on 4.
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by spotlessvoid Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:44 am

I'm not sure if other games are worthy of this level of detailed speculation.
spotlessvoid
spotlessvoid
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:41 am

spotlessvoid wrote:I'm not sure if other games are worthy of this level of detailed speculation.

I am. I know of some.
Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:26 am

I agree! I like a lot of you, and I want to keep this up. Many of us could even play other video games with each other (whether shooter or MMO or co-op or more).

Back to top Go down

Post by Argolas Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:17 am

There is more Mass Effect coming, right? I can't hurt to have a platform without censorship to discuss it. Until then, I'm sure there are things to stick around here for.
Argolas
Argolas
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:42 am

This is a good community full of people that analyze and discuss video games because they love them. How could I not want to keep it going?
Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Humakt Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:19 am

No, this isn't necessary it.
Humakt
Humakt
Nightmare

http://www.celestialheavens.com/thundermaps/

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:47 pm

I agree with Hrothdane. We should keep this going. Between books, movies, television, and games I'm sure there's plenty out there that could pique our analytic interests.
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:59 pm

IT forever! cheers
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum