Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OPERATION: LODESTAR (INSANITY) - Let's do this.

+16
stargate1990
Andromidius
Restrider
demersel
noobcannon
Brazukka
DSharrah
DoomsdayDevice
Vibez
RavenEyry
MovieMachine
BlueLogic
Rankincountry
Raistlin Majere
dorktainian
ElSuperGecko
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

OPERATION: LODESTAR (INSANITY) - Let's do this. - Page 3 Empty Re: OPERATION: LODESTAR (INSANITY) - Let's do this.

Post by Pascal219 Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:12 pm

I might be on, later tonight ('round 9.30 pm, GMT+1), as I am not at home right now. Though I suck, badly at platinum. :P
Pascal219
Pascal219
Combat Engineer

Back to top Go down

OPERATION: LODESTAR (INSANITY) - Let's do this. - Page 3 Empty Re: OPERATION: LODESTAR (INSANITY) - Let's do this.

Post by DSharrah Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:48 pm

Pascal219 wrote:I might be on, later tonight ('round 9.30 pm, GMT+1), as I am not at home right now. Though I suck, badly at platinum. :P

If you feel like you suck...just run as a juggernaut...the bullet sponge is mostly used just for drawing the attention of the enemies so others don't get sync killed and can focus on dealing out massive amounts of damage. Focus on building the character for durability (focus on anything and everything that is going to improve shields - like stronghold gear and cyclonic modulator armor bonus), throw a strength enhancer in there for good measure and just focus on using your heavy melee any time anything gets close (it will recharge your shields). If you shield drops and your health gets too low use an op pack and then start to heavy melee again. With a good squad behind the challenge will go down!
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal219 Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:34 pm

Thanks those are good typs, I might have to change gears then!

This is the build I usually use: http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#Soldier/GethJuggernaut/POALR////CyclonicModulator3/JuggernautShield5/

Though against Preatorians and Scions even a Juggernaut goes down fast.
Pascal219
Pascal219
Combat Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:54 pm

Collectors are definitely the most difficult faction on Platinum. Possessed Abominations and Scions will make a mess of teams bunkering down like nothing else.

The rest of the factions aren't so bad. JUST stick close to your teammates, use Juggernauts as shields against bosses, revive your team ASAP and prioritize Phantoms, Hunters and Pyros over anything else.

Two Juggernauts, paired with a Volus medic and an N7 demolisher or Collector Adept will walk through Platinum if you're patient and careful.
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal219 Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:26 pm

Thanks again for all your tips, as luck would have it I ran into a decent PUG, managed to get 3 out of 4 extractions done. Never imagined I'd make such a good bulletsponge. xD

Only Cerberus left, we got overwhelmed by the waves of phantoms. Nasty buggers.

With a good team, this really isn't too hard. It's still hard don't get me wrong, but it isn't as impossible as it first seemed! :)
Pascal219
Pascal219
Combat Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by hukbum Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:36 pm

Pascal219 wrote:Only Cerberus left, we got overwhelmed by the waves of phantoms. Nasty buggers.
You need a flamethrower in your team. Phantoms really hate flamethrowers. Laughing

And Firebase Giant has some good point where you can funnel them to only attack you while the rest takes them out.
hukbum
hukbum
Abomination

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokanaiya Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:56 am

I can get on Origin in a bit if anyone can spare some time to help me. :)
Lokanaiya
Lokanaiya
Husk

Back to top Go down

Post by hukbum Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:00 am

Lokanaiya wrote: I can get on Origin in a bit if anyone can spare some time to help me. :)
Don't know if I'd be of any help (played platinum the first time for this event) but you can add me and I'll try to help ^^
hukbum
hukbum
Abomination

Back to top Go down

Post by stargate1990 Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:02 am

Lokanaiya wrote: I can get on Origin in a bit if anyone can spare some time to help me. :)

are the servers shared between PC and Xbox 360? i don't think so but if they are im willing
stargate1990
stargate1990
LOKI

Location : Bored stuck under rubble waiting for Bioware to fix it

Back to top Go down

Post by hukbum Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:02 am

stargate1990 wrote:

are the servers shared between PC and Xbox 360? i don't think so but if they are im willing
Sadly they're not. It's a shame ...
hukbum
hukbum
Abomination

Back to top Go down

Post by stargate1990 Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:04 am

hukbum wrote:
stargate1990 wrote:

Sadly they're not. It's a shame ...

oh well any Xbox 360 players want to play just add me my Gamertag is in my sig :)
stargate1990
stargate1990
LOKI

Location : Bored stuck under rubble waiting for Bioware to fix it

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokanaiya Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:11 am

hukbum wrote:
Don't know if I'd be of any help (played platinum the first time for this event) but you can add me and I'll try to help ^^

Alright, just sent you a friend request. My Origin ID's the same as this one except there's no I before the Y.
Lokanaiya
Lokanaiya
Husk

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal219 Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:05 pm

LOL, just made it with less than an hour to spare. xD
Pascal219
Pascal219
Combat Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:17 pm

Same, just completed the Collector match I was lacking...those damn tough sons of bitches.
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:21 pm

Congratulations all that took on the Platinum challenge and succeeded!

*salutes*

You did good, son.
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal219 Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:16 pm

I'm proud of you.

*dies*
Pascal219
Pascal219
Combat Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:09 pm

Well done guys!!! Congrats! Grin
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:27 pm

*Salutes* Well done soldiers!

When Bioware post the follow-up message to the op - I would appreciate it if someone posted at least a like here...I try not to go anywhere near that site anymore...
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsenshi Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:55 am

Well done team, looks like the IT department gets the job done
shadowsenshi
shadowsenshi
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3