Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interstellar Trailer - a Mass Effect lead in if ever I saw one

+4
Hrothdane
MaximizedAction
Hanako Ikezawa
ZerebusPrime
8 posters

Go down

Interstellar Trailer - a Mass Effect lead in if ever I saw one Empty Interstellar Trailer - a Mass Effect lead in if ever I saw one

Post by ZerebusPrime Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:57 am

Tell me that doesn't scream Mass Effect to you. I half expect a Reaper horn at the end.

Quoth the IMDB description:

"A group of explorers make use of a newly discovered wormhole to surpass the limitations on human space travel and conquer the vast distances involved in an interstellar voyage."

Yes, I am aware that the script for this movie was in the works well before 2007's Mass Effect. Still.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Interstellar Trailer - a Mass Effect lead in if ever I saw one Empty Re: Interstellar Trailer - a Mass Effect lead in if ever I saw one

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:19 am

It kind of does, but Mass Effect isn't the first scifi I think of with this. I think of all the ones where it is humanity figuring this stuff out, where Mass Effect has this part of human development reduced to some dialogue and a few Codex entries.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Interstellar Trailer - a Mass Effect lead in if ever I saw one Empty Re: Interstellar Trailer - a Mass Effect lead in if ever I saw one

Post by MaximizedAction Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:08 am

Mhhh the teaser trailer reminds me a bit of Man of Steel's.

If anyone can bring good old proper and smart science fiction back to the masses it's Christopher Nolan, the guy from Contact and the Chinese space agency!

Even though this teaser was a bit lacking on a premise, it still got all of my interests.

My body...my body is ready for space scifi!  bounce 

EDIT: And yes, of course it reminded me of a Mass Effect movie. In fact, that thought crossed my mind multiple times while watching the trailer before reading up what the movie was actually about.
MaximizedAction
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:27 pm

The description sounds awfully generic (and I mean that in multiple sense of the word) to me. Nothing in that description or trailer makes this sound different from every other "man first goes into deep space" story that is a dime-a-dozen in sci-fi.

As far as getting me excited about the film goes, the trailer doesn't work for me. Doesn't help that I'm not much of a fan of Nolan....
Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by demersel Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:59 am

Nolan is an extremly overhyped filmmaker and producer...
demersel
demersel
Battlemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ericformans_sisterisdead Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:46 am

Interstellar Trailer - a Mass Effect lead in if ever I saw one Giphy
ericformans_sisterisdead
ericformans_sisterisdead
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:13 am

Hrothdane wrote:The description sounds awfully generic (and I mean that in multiple sense of the word) to me. Nothing in that description or trailer makes this sound different from every other "man first goes into deep space" story that is a dime-a-dozen in sci-fi.

As far as getting me excited about the film goes, the trailer doesn't work for me. Doesn't help that I'm not much of a fan of Nolan....

It's an old story, but have we achieved that yet?

Ericforman_ISGoD wrote:*snip*

He keeps gettin older, they stay the same aaage~.

wait...Wooderson had a cameo in another movie???  Gasp

Last edited by MaximizedAction on Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
MaximizedAction
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:19 am

I do like all the Nolan films I've seen, but not enough to pay to see a film on that merit alone, and the trailer really doesn't say enough to interest me.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by lex0r Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:58 pm

I really like the music. Very inspiring.
lex0r
lex0r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down