Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magnetite's internal struggle

+15
BlueLogic
Restrider
clennon8
Eryri
umadcommander
Fur28
windsurfing
CSSteele
Hanako Ikezawa
RavenEyry
demersel
DoomsdayDevice
DSharrah
BleedingUranium
magnetite
19 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Magnetite's internal struggle - Page 2 Empty Re: Magnetite's internal struggle

Post by windsurfing Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:37 am

I'll say this

BioWare Montreal producer Fabrice Condominas wrote:There is one thing we are absolutely sure of--there will be no more Shepard

Ok seems reasonable, thats the first line.

Then he says this:

BioWare Montreal producer Fabrice Condominas wrote:So first, we don’t want to make 'Shepard 2

Oh I see.....wait.... I thought having no shepard at all was the first thing? which implies there is no Shepard n.0 in any order for that matter.

But of course, if your Shepard doesn't die there is no need for Shepard 2.0 ;)

They also said we will have a war to take back earth and the launch trailer was misleading to say the least with all the bravado of on ground fighting off of reaper forces. The slogan line for ME3 was mostly "The war for earth has begun"

They also said we won't be getting bespoke endings with A, B and C choices but hey thats what we got, I thought I recalled them talking about upto 16 different endings.....

In ME2 Shepard can die after SM, yet ME3 you are forced to start with a new Shepard. Consequences of choices went right out the window.

So you see they are marketing, marketing is never the complete truth. Most of the time its exaggeration and in some cases out right lies.

If they can milk a character/franchise further they will do it. It business after all.

I won't be surprised if Shepard is infact in ME4 or whatever they want to call it. Marketing works like this, its just good for hints on basic over view but whatever they claim does not need to be implemented in reality. Exactly why I am not holding my breath on the upcoming DLC, for all we know it could be another pre-Cronos mission. If its not? great, yay us. Laughing

windsurfing
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by demersel Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:46 am

About "absolutely no Shepard in ME4, and no Shepard 2.0" - i just have one thing to say -
demersel
demersel
Battlemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:51 am

By Shepard 2.0, they mean someone who is the same as Shepard: a top-of-the-line soldier. I personally hope that they go the "reluctant hero" route for the next protagonist. To use movies to help the comparison: Shepard is to James Bond what the next protagonist is to John Mcclain.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by CSSteele Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:52 am

Thanks Selim.

I watched a vid just a bit ago where Jennifer Hale wanted to do Shepard again. The talk from the interview between Ali and Jen was interesting to me anyway.

As far as I'm concerned, ME4 would be okay without us playing as Shepard, honestly, but I'd prefer to keep the character going. We've played so much and experienced so much with the character that I'd hate to lose them now. Same with the squad mates.

Also, it sucks that the books don't actually use the squad or Shepard, because of the nature of 'everyone's Shepard is different' and choices and all that... anyway, I just want MORE Mass Effect, and more Shepard would be great with me. Skyllian Blitz, anyone? (If we -have- to go backwards.)
CSSteele
CSSteele
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:54 am

Selim Bradley wrote:By Shepard 2.0, they mean someone who is the same as Shepard: a top-of-the-line soldier. I personally hope that they go the "reluctant hero" route for the next protagonist. To use movies to help the comparison: Shepard is to James Bond what the next protagonist is to John Mcclain.
hmmmm seems they want ME to be like Halo.... reluctant soldier= ODST
if they make ME4 like Halo4 then i´m sold

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by demersel Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:56 am

I know perfectly what they mean. Your reluctant hero thing is the basic "the baddies burned my village" RPG protagonists cliche.

ME4 will have DA:O style openings, complete with origin stories. ETC. And possibly be a TOR style MMO. You ever dreamed about getting you Mass Effect themed TOR? well, you're getting it regardless.
demersel
demersel
Battlemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by demersel Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:57 am

I would actually like to earn my Butcher of Torfan title.
demersel
demersel
Battlemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CSSteele Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:59 am

And where does this info come from Dem? Could you ... enlighten us please? Either that or post it as less of a statement of fact?
CSSteele
CSSteele
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by demersel Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:01 am

It is a statement of opinion. Take it as you wish. And if you want an example of a reluctant Hero - go play Dead Space 1, 2, 3.

And yes, this info comes from the Final Hours app. There is a chapter about how Casey Hudson first made his pitch about Mass Effect, and there is even his initial pitch document there - it is all there for you to see, what vision he had in mind from the very start. Just replace X-box2 in this document with X-box3 and PS4 - and you'll get the exact outline for Mass Effect 4.

Last edited by demersel on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
demersel
demersel
Battlemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:03 am

demersel wrote:I know perfectly what they mean. Your reluctant hero thing is the basic "the baddies burned my village" RPG protagonists cliche.
Actually, not really. That is the "vengeful hero". A reluctant hero is someone who doesn't want to be there but does it because it is the right thing to do. To quote John Mcclain from Live Free and Die Hard when asked why is he doing this: "Because there is no one else to do it right now, that's why. If there was someone else to do it, I'd let them do it but there's not."
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by CSSteele Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:03 am

demersel wrote:---SNIP ----

ME4 will have DA:O style openings, complete with origin stories. ETC. And possibly be a TOR style MMO. You ever dreamed about getting you Mass Effect themed TOR? well, you're getting it regardless.

I was referring specifically to this section. Your statement about at TOR style MMO for ME4, that's all. I wasn't trying to be mean, I just ... well, want info. :P And if you have insider info, well....
CSSteele
CSSteele
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by demersel Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:06 am

Selim Bradley wrote:
demersel wrote:I know perfectly what they mean. Your reluctant hero thing is the basic "the baddies burned my village" RPG protagonists cliche.
Actually, not really. That is the "vengeful hero". A reluctant hero is someone who doesn't want to be there but does it because it is the right thing to do. To quote John Mcclain from Live Free and Die Hard when asked why is he doing this: "Because there is no one else to do it right now, that's why. If there was someone else to do it, I'd let them do it but there's not."

Funny how you qoute the pratogonist of a fourth installment of franchise, explaining why he is in there, and not someone else, while trying to prove why the protagonist of a franchise won't appear in the fourth installment. But surely, the Irony of that goes completely over your head.
demersel
demersel
Battlemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CSSteele Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:07 am

I don't have access to the Final Hours app.. unfortunately. Ah well.
CSSteele
CSSteele
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by demersel Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:08 am

CSSteele - i edited my post - it now includes an answer toy your question. Sadly i don't have the Final Hour app on this computer, and i don't really know how extract files from it so i can post it here, so you'll just have to go look for yourself.
Edit: Fine, I'll see what i can do. this will take me like 10 minutes so stick around.
demersel
demersel
Battlemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:10 am

demersel wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote:

Funny how you qoute the pratogonist of a fourth installment of franchise, explaining why he is in there, and not someone else, while trying to prove why the protagonist of a franchise won't appear in the fourth installment. But surely, the Irony of that goes completely over your head.
Oh, that is a cool coincidence. But then there are no coincidences, only inevitability.To be clear, I'd be perfectly fine with more Shepard. I just don't want Mass Effect to only be about Shepard.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by CSSteele Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:12 am

I can wait 10mins. PM it if you have to/think you should. ;) If it comes out as you'd like anyway.
CSSteele
CSSteele
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by demersel Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:12 am

Mass Effect isn't only about Shepard. Even when Shepard is protagonist.
demersel
demersel
Battlemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:15 am

demersel wrote:Mass Effect isn't only about Shepard. Even when Shepard is protagonist.
But Shepard is the eyes we are seeing the universe through. I want to experience it through different characters as well as Shepard. I want different perspectives.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by CSSteele Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:17 am

I agree with that Dem, it's about the galaxy and the cycles it's caught in... IE, the Reapers, but I don't think it HAS to remain about just the Reapers, there's plenty of side-stories that can be told and so much more depth to be played with.

What Selim is saying is that he wants that depth to be realized.
What I'm saying is that I agree with both of you, and just want more Mass Effect. I see so much potential in the Universe Bioware gave us.
CSSteele
CSSteele
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by demersel Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:21 am

I just don't want it to be MMO.... However co-op singleplayer compaign dead-space 3 style, but with missions ME2 style, but with up to four player sounds interesting....and still dangereusly close to what TOR is. ((
demersel
demersel
Battlemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CSSteele Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:24 am

Bed time for me. Talk to everyone later.
CSSteele
CSSteele
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by demersel Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:30 am

Hey! I'm making a post for you!
demersel
demersel
Battlemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by demersel Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:54 am

Now that's what i call a VISION. Just switch Xbox2 for a new gen console and everything will fall into place.

Mass Effect's first pitch - Project SFX

SFX(September 15, 2003)

. A spectacular new Sci-Fi roleplaying game and IP created by BioWare. With online capabilities and gameplay features that fill redefine the genre, SFXwill become a mainstream phenomenon and a must have game for Xbox2.

INGAME
. SFX takes place in a thrilling futuristic setting, with a combination of familiar locations and exotic worlds.
. It is the dawn of the interstellar age, with only a few explored worlds and many more accessible via exploration.
. Sleek vehickles and spectacular vistas create a unique identifiable look to the universe, while special rendering techniques depict the player's experience with a stylish ultra-realism.

PLAY
. An epic Bioware story will be at the center of the powerfull, character driven story.
. Gameplay will build on the elements from SW:KotOR - but will be more accessible to the mainstream audience,
. Players will lead a small party of 2 or 3, selected from a larger group of adventurers. Players can switch to control other party members at any time, and characters not controlled by the player will perform player-designated actions and AI scripts.
. The combat system will allow dazzling combat choreography and intense ranged combat. but will also be more responsive than round-based system.
. Players will be able to freely explore a galaxy of procedurally generated planets in an upgradable starship, to obtain valuable items and resources. Players can explore areas freely, or trevel to special locations as part of the single-player story.
. Xbox2 Live support will allow an additional dimension of gameplay though trading and communicating with players around the world.
. Story progression, planetary exploration, and online trading will create an emergent style of gameplay that is unprecedented in the RPG genre.
. Because of the Xbox2 Live capability and the procedural galaxy exploration system, the game continues limitlessly beyond the end of the single-player story.

TRADE
. Through Xbox2 Live, you can meet friends online in special locations in the game to chat and trade valuable items in a virtual environment.
. Some items found in the game will be different from one Xbox2 system to another, and they can be combined with other items online to create powerfull new items not available without online trading.
. A dynamic in-game economy will make trading online compelling, as precious items may be valued differently from one Xbow2 system to another.
. Xbox live can also tie the entire SFX community together in other exciting way, such as the addition of new locations, special items, new quests, and online new updates about the best players.

THE SFX PROJECT - DEVELOPMENT STRENGTHS
. SFX will be developed by the team that developed SW:Kotor. Their experience will be directly applied to making a bigger and better RPG franchise on the Xbox2.
. SFX will be developed on a new engine, custom tailored to push Xbox2 to its limits though a focus on realistic lighting, and render quality.

TARGET RELEASE: 2007
demersel
demersel
Battlemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by windsurfing Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:01 am

I read the same ting from some pdf a while back, but what is this 'app' you speak off? Is it for smartphone and tablets only?
windsurfing
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by demersel Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:03 am

No, it is on PC too.
demersel
demersel
Battlemaster

Back to top Go down