Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reckoning DLC is Byovare's crying for help....

+12
CSSteele
demersel
ElSuperGecko
clennon8
ZerebusPrime
Nightvayne
BleedingUranium
magnetite
Hanako Ikezawa
RavenEyry
Argolas
SZKSYPCZE
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Reckoning DLC is Byovare's crying for help.... Empty Reckoning DLC is Byovare's crying for help....

Post by SZKSYPCZE Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:57 pm

First things first. The Byovare is spelled on purpose, cause after what they did to Mass Effect they became Byovare to me.

Secondly, I watched the livestream and it was......boring. No, really. I don't complain. It looked boring, a few new kits and weapons, but apart from all that, the same old sh.it, played all over since the last year.

I was expecting they come up with their best and try to bind MP with SP, contributing to IT somehow. I thought they will at least try. Instead we get a madman's idea of AWAKENED COLLECTOR. WTF??!! This is a fracking insult to all the people who read the codex and think for themselves. At this point I am starting to believe what Clevernoob said, that Byovare loves money. That was made FOR MONEY and only for MONEY. I don't see how this will.....can be implemented into the lore. This is a CIRCUS. The same goes for the fembot EDI-style. I don't have the words to express my anger and disappointment. I'm sorry.......

PS. WHY THE FCUK IT IS NAMED "RECKONING"???
SZKSYPCZE
SZKSYPCZE
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Reckoning DLC is Byovare's crying for help.... Empty Re: Reckoning DLC is Byovare's crying for help....

Post by SZKSYPCZE Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:09 pm

OK, OK, i'm trying to put myself together......neeed.....to.....be......strong....
SZKSYPCZE
SZKSYPCZE
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Reckoning DLC is Byovare's crying for help.... Empty Re: Reckoning DLC is Byovare's crying for help....

Post by Guest Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:17 pm

You mad?

Back to top Go down

Post by Argolas Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:22 pm

Did you miss the dialogue in ME2 where Mordin explained that the collectors are basically still Protheans and could very well be saved?
Argolas
Argolas
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:34 pm

He said they couldn't be saved. No soul, replaced by tech.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:46 pm

SZKSYPCZE wrote: At this point I am starting to believe what Clevernoob said, that Byovare loves money. That was made FOR MONEY and only for MONEY.
If they made this for money, how come they are releasing it for free?
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Argolas Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:56 pm

RavenEyry wrote:He said they couldn't be saved. No soul, replaced by tech.

Sarcasm detector in for repairs? Basketball
Argolas
Argolas
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:01 pm

Argolas wrote:

Hard to tell on the interwebz. Curse the lack of tone and eye rolling!
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by magnetite Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:02 pm

SZKSYPCZE wrote:At this point I am starting to believe what Clevernoob said, that Byovare loves money. That was made FOR MONEY and only for MONEY. I don't see how this will.....can be implemented into the lore. This is a CIRCUS. The same goes for the fembot EDI-style. I don't have the words to express my anger and disappointment. I'm sorry.......

Bioware, just like any business is in business to make money. If you don't make a profit, you don't do so well.

Bioware designs their games and such which they know people will buy. It's simple economics I guess.

Regarding EDI, it is a similar situation with Miranda. People may have bought the game just because she's really hot and blows stuff up with big guns.

Another example would be there aren't many big people in Mass Effect. Most of them are skinny and fit. I've only run across maybe one or two overweight people in the entire trilogy.

Just the way corporations work I guess. Not just EA, but the media is nuts over the whole beauty is everything and if you are 300 pounds, you're an oddity or something like that.
magnetite
magnetite
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedingUranium Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:13 am

Did you not play Leviathan or something?
BleedingUranium
BleedingUranium
Thresher Maw

Back to top Go down

Post by Argolas Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:17 am

RavenEyry wrote:
Argolas wrote:

Hard to tell on the interwebz. Curse the lack of tone and eye rolling!

Well yeah, that line explicitly stated that all hope is lost for the collectors and the only way to save them is to kill them.

Unless they get their hands on an ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL device alien
Argolas
Argolas
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightvayne Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:53 am

BleedingUranium wrote:Did you not play Leviathan or something?
Nightvayne
Nightvayne
Thorian Creeper

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:11 am

SZKSYPCZE wrote:

There was a line from EDI to Legion regarding her new body. "...the humans do not perceive me to be a threat. Nor will they until my day of reckoning."

And now we have EDI bots.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:09 am

ZerebusPrime wrote:
SZKSYPCZE wrote:

There was a line from EDI to Legion regarding her new body. "...the humans do not perceive me to be a threat. Nor will they until my day of reckoning."

And now we have EDI bots.

Wow, I certainly didn't catch that one.

Back to top Go down

Post by clennon8 Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:19 am

I don't have a problem with Awakened Collectors. Remember how the Collector General seemed to "wake up" at the end of ME2, just before the base was destroyed/purged?
clennon8
clennon8
Thorian Creeper

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:05 am

clennon8 wrote:I don't have a problem with Awakened Collectors. Remember how the Collector General seemed to "wake up" at the end of ME2, just before the base was destroyed/purged?

Yep, I always thought it looks confused and kind of sad when Harbinger RELEASED CONTROL...

...it has just enough time to work out what had happened and what was happening before it's world went boom. :(
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:06 pm

Mordin's words only told me that the Collectors can never have a civilization or culture or any other advancement without being controlled.

It never told me that Collectors can't THINK or FEEL. Just that its hugely hampered by massive tampering and Reaper control.

Yes, I think the Collector General was remorseful. As much as he could be. The Collectors are ghosts (no souls), not zombies (blaarrrrggg).

Husks are the zombies.

So yeah, I perfectly understand Awakened Collectors. There's probably very very few of them, considering that most 'awakened' Collectors would just shut down without Reaper control. But, *some* would survive and having lived their lives trapped by Reaper control, they would fight back.

I think the message is that you can control whatever you put your mind to controlling, but don't expect those people you control, to not stab you in the back once they get even the slightest taste of freedom.

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:12 pm

I always thought the collector general was sad it failed it's master.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:23 pm

RavenEyry wrote:I always thought the collector general was sad it failed it's master.

Can't it be both? Someone under the heel of the Reapers is both pushed to be a servant of them, but its not like they don't resent the whole thing once they feel at all free from it.

I've never seen an indoctrinated character, once the indoctrination is disrupted, actually love the Reapers. It's forceful worship, not a total rewrite. Once the rewrite happens, the subject is just a jibbering animal, incapable of loving or hating the Reapers anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by demersel Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:54 am

Argolas wrote:Did you miss the dialogue in ME2 where Mordin explained that the collectors are basically still Protheans and could very well be saved?

Did you miss the dialogue in ME2 where Mordin explains how the genophage is a pointless and cruel thing and how it is very easy to cure right on the spot without any complications?
demersel
demersel
Battlemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CSSteele Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:09 am

demersel wrote:
Argolas wrote:Did you miss the dialogue in ME2 where Mordin explained that the collectors are basically still Protheans and could very well be saved?

Did you miss the dialogue in ME2 where Mordin explains how the genophage is a pointless and cruel thing and how it is very easy to cure right on the spot without any complications?

Yes, I realize the first is a sarcastic response, but I'm not sure what you're trying to say here Dem...
CSSteele
CSSteele
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by demersel Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:14 pm

Mordin said a lot of things in ME2. (because he tends to talk a lot).
And yes he is brilliant.
But when he has some point or some notion - he explains very thoroughly why he has this exact point or notion or not the other one, and why this notion is the correct to have. He does that because this is how his mind works.
However - as we all know - he IS capable of being wrong - if not in details and facts than in their assesment and judgment about them, and over all conclusion. Which is kind of a big plot point in ME3 - most of ME2 mordin spends explaining the genophage to you and why it was necessary, and why there was no other way to solve the krogan problem, why why it is important that it stays in place, etc. and as an addition he explains very carefully and thoroughly that even IF you wanted to undo the genophage - why would thet be completely impossible and why even an attempt to do so will lead to catastrophic consequences due to complexety of the genophage and even greater complexity of any potentioal cure.

However in Mass Effect 3 - it turns out that all it takes is only the will do the deed - Him changing his mind from - the genophage was a right call to "I don't care what will happen next and what the consequences will be - genophage is wrong and is an abomination. I will cure it, I will see it undone." - and it turns out that the undoable deed was not so undoable after all. And all his complex explanations - was just selfassurance, and taking the easy way out.

So if he is capable of such a mistake in judgment - who says he was not mistaken to quickly deny the collectors any kind of concioussness, simply because he was repulsed by what was done to them? True - he might be right about them being incapable of creating any sort of culture and having any sort of future - and true -they are no protheans no more. But that doesn't mean that they can't have a soul that is scarred and tortured and aches for vengence, and that doesn't mean that they can't fight a war.

After all - due to the genophage - krogan's future and capapility of creating any stable culture is very much in doubt.

Or batarians - batarians are doomed - there are too few of them left - they are done for as a race. That doesn't mean they can't fight the reapers.

Last edited by demersel on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
demersel
demersel
Battlemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Argolas Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:53 pm

CSSteele wrote:
demersel wrote:

Yes, I realize the first is a sarcastic response, but I'm not sure what you're trying to say here Dem...

I wasn't trying to be sarcastic actually, my bad. It was supposed to be irony. But I tend not to think straight when I'm online scratch
Argolas
Argolas
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by NebuchadnezzaRT Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:58 pm

I just want to know why you call them Byovare?
NebuchadnezzaRT
NebuchadnezzaRT
Geth Pyro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:54 pm

The batarians are not done as a species imo.

But they're done as a major civilization for a while. The future will be a giant piece of humble pie, but in the end, it'll be good for them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next