Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Sim City

+5
Terramine
magnetite
HYR 2.1
BlueLogic
Andromidius
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New Sim City - Page 2 Empty Re: New Sim City

Post by RavenEyry Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:21 pm

I've not heard anything overly negative apart from the online thing, but I've heard several features from the last couple of sim cities were dropped with the online stuff being the only replacements, which has left a bitter taste for some.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:09 pm

Also, another thing.... is you guys are playing down always online DRM. It's highly unethical all by itself because people should be able to play the game when they want. People like gummy would say you agreed with the EULA and so you have consented to them ripping you off. But that's not the point, because Gamers and Games are to each other like alcohol is to a person who loves getting drunk.

Gamers love playing games and companies are taking advantage of that by making it so if you want their games... you have to get fed the crumbs, instead of the whole loaf. Which is the problem, software already is quite the interesting situation because you give the effort for 1 and then you copy it billions of times and make money for each COPY. Now there is a lot of costs that can go into making the copies, from things like materials to distribution and advertisement.

However, more and more digital download is being pushed. Digital download is a vastly different situation, because with it there is no longer any distribution, as well no real materials since you don't use disks. As well advertisement is easy and very cheap because they don't need physical advertisements, they just need to have their game advertised and listed on one of those digital download programs. They only need commercials for console owners and I'm pretty sure they will move on to eliminating disks and just having you download your games to the console eventually.

Basically you have this unlimited resource. Ethically there is not even a reason to charge, would businesses hate that idea? Yes, but it wouldn't be the end of gaming as we know it so I wouldn't lose sleep over the death of EA.

Ultimately point is, they just keep adding on to the big old rip off they got going on by trying to limit when and where you can play.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gummy Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:15 pm

RavenEyry wrote:I've not heard anything overly negative apart from the online thing, but I've heard several features from the last couple of sim cities were dropped with the online stuff being the only replacements, which has left a bitter taste for some.
Finally an accurate statement. It's debatable if some of the features were really needed and just dropped for simplicity and more important accessibility. Some like it, some don't.

Also Rif I have to disappoint you, I never lied about people saying things behind other peoples back, I just quoted to her what was said about her when she wasn't on the chat and said that it wasn't a unique case as it really wasn't. There is no need for me to lie.
Gummy
Gummy
Gas Bag

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:25 pm

Gummy wrote:
RavenEyry wrote:I've not heard anything overly negative apart from the online thing, but I've heard several features from the last couple of sim cities were dropped with the online stuff being the only replacements, which has left a bitter taste for some.
Finally an accurate statement. It's debatable if some of the features were really needed and just dropped for simplicity and more important accessibility. Some like it, some don't.

Also Rif I have to disappoint you, I never lied about people saying things behind other peoples back, I just quoted to her what was said about her when she wasn't on the chat and said that it wasn't a unique case as it really wasn't. There is no need for me to lie.
Just wanting to point out, that the numbers thing actually is a big deal. The point is, you cannot even ACTUALLY strategically plan your city. Firstly because of the fake population, and second because this http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=523158

The system is a joke, the point to a city making game is to strategically play it and you apparently cannot do that.

As well Gummy, if you've heard complaints over the internet then you cannot say you haven't heard someone who owned the game complain about all of this. Unless you have proof they didn't own the game the opposite is actually much more likely. In fact, every single person I've heard complain DID in fact own the game. As well speaking of reddit, users posts their images of how broke their game is on there all the time and proceed to hate on EA and SC despite being customers.

EA has never been innocent, that's a fact not opinion.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:42 pm

Well, actually EA was good sometime back in better days... but that's long past, is what I'm saying :P
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2