Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Xbox One

+32
Maximus
CSSteele
Raistlin Majere
CoolioThane
Ghost Of Kesak11
BlueLogic
DSharrah
Restrider
Jusseb
umadcommander
Riot86
BleedingUranium
Humakt
Steelcan
MovieMachine
Terramine
lex0r
dorktainian
ElSuperGecko
Hrothdane
Rifneno
BansheeOwnage
Eryri
OneWithTheAssassins
MaximizedAction
Norlond
RavenEyry
ericformans_sisterisdead
Fur28
Dwailing
Hanako Ikezawa
DoomsdayDevice
36 posters

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

The Xbox One - Page 6 Empty Re: The Xbox One

Post by DSharrah Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:25 pm

I have a question far anyone that plays MMO's (I don't have a great frame of reference to pull from sense I don't play them), would you want to be able to play them on the console?

And for everyone else, why is the assumption that the XBOX One being upgraded from what consoles are currently to what it will be in terms of "DRM" > means anything in how it relates to how you will play single player games? I understand that the releases have stated that it will need to connect at least once every 24 hours...but it also says that you will be able to play games w/o being online as long as the game itself does not require it.

And even with what had been released - I am still not 100% sure on how everything is supposed to work. Where's all the doom and gloom come from? Why is the typical reaction seem to be Microsoft stole my lunch money and now they are coming back to give me a wet willie? Am I just too much of an optimist?
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:27 pm

DSharrah wrote:I have a question far anyone that plays MMO's (I don't have a great frame of reference to pull from sense I don't play them), would you want to be able to play them on the console?

Jesus, no! I wouldn't even want to play them on PC if the servers were shared with consoles. No keyboard, no chance.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:31 pm

You can only play on your account for 24 hours, 1 hour if you are using a different console than your home console. After the specified time period, you will have to reconnect if you want to continue.

Consoles are supposed to be simple, and Microsoft is making this whole thing way too damn complicated.
Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedingUranium Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:05 am

Hrothdane wrote:You can only play on your account for 24 hours, 1 hour if you are using a different console than your home console. After the specified time period, you will have to reconnect if you want to continue.

Consoles are supposed to be simple, and Microsoft is making this whole thing way too damn complicated.

I believe that article said that is for games specifically, and it's up to the devs whether their game must connect or not.
BleedingUranium
BleedingUranium
Thresher Maw

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:09 am

I like where they explain all the things you can do DRM free. They said that if your system hasn't been online in 24 hours, you can still watch TV. REALLY? You're not locking me out of a service you have nothing to do with? Well that's fantastic, you fuckers!
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by lex0r Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:37 pm

The Xbox One - Page 6 Ku-medium

About Nintendo but still..
lex0r
lex0r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:11 pm

I wonder if this weird new system of selling on your games digitally, rather than physically, will allow you to sell on unwanted DLC? If you could, then maybe that would be a silver lining to this vast, toxic cloud of draconian DRM.

The current system is actually quite poor in that regard. There's no way to get a refund on a piece of DLC if you sell the disc for the main game. Or no way to get a refund on downloaded games for that matter. If Microsoft want to rescue themselves from this pr disaster they would be well advised to consider enabling something like this.

Well that's me finished playing devils advocate for the day.
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedingUranium Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:10 pm

^ That's a good point Eryri, even though I personally won't find any/much use for that, I'm sure many would.
BleedingUranium
BleedingUranium
Thresher Maw

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:54 pm

Eryri wrote:I wonder if this weird new system of selling on your games digitally, rather than physically, will allow you to sell on unwanted DLC? If you could, then maybe that would be a silver lining to this vast, toxic cloud of draconian DRM.

You think they might give you new rights when they're taking away your old ones? "Dream on, T'Soni."
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:44 am

Rifneno wrote:
Eryri wrote:I wonder if this weird new system of selling on your games digitally, rather than physically, will allow you to sell on unwanted DLC? If you could, then maybe that would be a silver lining to this vast, toxic cloud of draconian DRM.

You think they might give you new rights when they're taking away your old ones? "Dream on, T'Soni."

Yeah, don't worry. I'm not exactly holding my breath for MS to become a champion of consumer rights here. I've never had an X-box anyway, so if I do get a new console it will probably be a PS4.

They do have to address this kind of thing though. If physical disks will become nothing more than a delivery system to get games onto your hard drive, alongside direct downloads, then there won't be any difference between triple-A titles and X-box live games. In which case, if they're going to allow us to re-sell triple A's, which we might have bought as a download, then people should ask why they can't resell anything and everything they download. Including the X-box equivalents of Play-Station Mini games and DLC.

In fact, why don't we demand that kind of thing now? We just accept that once you've bought an expansion pack, that's it. You're stuck with it, with no means of selling it on. When stuff like Omega sells for £11.99, that's a lot of money to sink into something with no means of reclaiming it, but we just accept it, because that's the way it's always been done. True you can't get refunds on Steam (as far as I know, correct me if I'm wrong) but prices are lower on PC, so it's not so much of an issue.

That's the problem with the X-Bone. They've basically created a PC, with all the restrictive DRM that the platform entails, but they still probably expect to charge high, console-level prices for the software, when one of the main reasons we put up with higher prices on console, is so we don't have to deal with the inconvenience of PC style DRM.

Sorry for the rambling post, bit of a stream of conciousness there.
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:05 pm

The Xbox One - Page 6 HD05C0737
MaximizedAction
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:14 pm

Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by lex0r Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:03 am

The Xbox One - Page 6 SHDvdfB
lex0r
lex0r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:04 am

lex0r11 wrote:The Xbox One - Page 6 SHDvdfB

What is that supposed to mean?
Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by lex0r Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:08 am

I guess their marketing really wants to "emphasize" the xbox as THE central media hub. Everything through one controler/console. Or something. I don't know.
lex0r
lex0r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the XBone won't actually be able to replace your cable / satellite box right? It can only control it through an HDMI cable.

So how can it claim to be "The One" solution to our entertainment needs, when it's just going to be yet another box cluttering up the space under our TVs?
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:19 am

Eryri wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but the XBone won't actually be able to replace your cable / satellite box right? It can only control it through an HDMI cable.

So how can it claim to be "The One" solution to our entertainment needs, when it's just going to be yet another box cluttering up the space under our TVs?

It's just a waste, and they're going about this all wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:58 pm

Fur28 wrote:
DSharrah wrote:
Fur28 wrote:Ok, not sure if I missed it or if my eglish failed me, but does the article mention anything about lending the disk to a friend and him being able to play it?

Yes...and its "allowed", "will be supported"...they even hinted that you might be able totransfer a game to your friend digitally...I believe that it is in the section about "game licensing".
oh well, then I think I may not have that much problem with the xbox one now.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.

"Loaning or renting games won’t be available at launch, but we are Ah, yes... exploring the possibilities Ah, yes... with our partners."
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by ericformans_sisterisdead Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:04 pm

500 bills for this shit system wonder how much ps4 is gna be
ericformans_sisterisdead
ericformans_sisterisdead
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:35 pm

500$? They are dead.
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:42 pm

It's more expensive in England too. I assume they were hoping people would see the lower number and forget exchange rates exist.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:48 pm

Anyone else watch the live stream at E3?

I will admit to considerable shadenfreude when EA's presentation of Battlefield on the Xbone was derailed by technical difficulties. It was toe-curling. I almost felt sorry for them...

Almost.
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by lex0r Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:53 am

Playstation 4
-No DRM
-No online requirement
-$399

'Nuff said.