Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

E3 2013 - Expectations?

+12
Hrothdane
lex0r
Lombus
Fur28
Eryri
ericformans_sisterisdead
BlueLogic
Norlond
RavenEyry
Raistlin Majere
Restrider
DSharrah
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

E3 2013 - Expectations? Empty E3 2013 - Expectations?

Post by DSharrah Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:22 pm

E3 is just around the corner...developer's are starting to tease what they will be showing at the expo this year...has anything got you excited? What are your expectations?
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

E3 2013 - Expectations? Empty Re: E3 2013 - Expectations?

Post by Restrider Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:24 pm

What I expect will be my commentary of BW on E3:

"This was - as expected - disappointing."
Restrider
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:45 pm

Well while Nintendo technically are not at E3, instead having some Nintendo direct shows. Some things are confirmed to be there, like Bayonetta 2, new Smash Brothers and new 3D Mario game for the console, but there are a few things i expect:

- Teaser trailer for new console Legend of Zelda. We know it is in development, but still some way of, so at best teaser trailer.

- New Metroid announced to be made by Retro for the console. This is based of a tweet where a Retro employee said they were working on a sci-fi, first person game for a franchise which many wanted them to do. Now sci-fi basically cuts it down Star Fox or Metroid (F-Zero possibly) but the first person announcement pretty much settles it. While I would have preferred to see Retro tackle Starfox, a new Metroid like the Prime games is not bad in my book. Still hoping for a greater story focus though as I really believe it can work despite the Other M flaws, but chances are Other M will make them play it safe.

- Possibly new Starfox, either 3DS or Console, but will say 3DS is a better guess. I base this on Kid Icarus Uprising which was originally a different unnamed project and since Kid Icarus Uprising shares a lot in common with Starfox in terms of game play, my guess is that it will be the next we see there.

- Trailer / gameplay footage from DA3 probably, possibly announcement of new Bioware project with teaser trailer.

- Sony will probably tease a new Insomniac project of some kind, I hope for a new, proper Rachet and Clank. Let us get the story of where the Lombaxes went which has been carried through Tools of Destruction and Crack in Time finished, all right?

- Hoping to see something new from Platinum Games, but maybe they got enough work in Bayonetta and the Wonderful 101. Still I have taken a liking to their crazy work, so fingers crossed for something like Vanquish 2.

- Oh and Microsoft and Rare will be resurrecting an old franchise...yay Angry
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:52 pm

I'm looking forward to the pokemon panel. Might actually learn something substantial about X/Y
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Norlond Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:16 pm

Raistlin Majere wrote:- Trailer / gameplay footage from DA3
That Joyful

And maybe some surprises, like Ubisoft announcing Beyond Good and Evil 2? (c'mon Ubisoft, you can do it!)
Norlond
Norlond
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/Skyzzed

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:18 pm

Restrider wrote:What I expect will be my commentary of BW on E3:

Sad to say that I won't be surprised if you are right...but BW is not the only company that I am looking forward to at E3. I am fairly interested in what the "big announcement" for 360 that Microsoft has up its sleeve...want to see more of Destiny...at least will pay attention to DA3 news (unsure what/if any excitement will be attached to this for me)...on a more ME related front, I am wondering if we will see anything about the next game, I hope they answer some questions about what the big push with the redone N7 HQ is about (just a little strange that so much effort was put into a support tool for a game that is "supposed to be close winding down its support"), not to mention actually answering some questions about the story (the ending in particular) itself (I guess I am still waiting for the promised discussion that teased after launch)...if nothing else, I think E3 will be huge for gamers - with 2 new consoles on the horizon, I think its possible we just might get spoiled with gaming news.
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:47 pm

I'd like to see something on the next ME game. That's really the big draw for me. DA3 could pull me in. Destiny looks like the only thing that could convince me to buy a console. It is console only right? XBONE?
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by ericformans_sisterisdead Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:49 pm

Cant wait too see footage of witcher 3 the anticipation for that game makes me forget about the disappointment of mass effect and its ten times better than dragon age
ericformans_sisterisdead
ericformans_sisterisdead
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:59 pm

Ericforman_IS_A_VENOM_GoD wrote:Cant wait too see footage of witcher 3 the anticipation for that game makes me forget about the disappointment of mass effect and its ten times better than dragon age

Might have to pick up a copy of Witcher 2 one of these days...and Tomb Raider...etc, etc, etc...never enough money to get all the distractions that I want....*sigh*.

I pretty stoked for games at E3 in general this year...think I saw something that Sony said it will be showcasing 40 games this year (I'm sure that split somewhat b/w PS3 and PS4, and that not all will be exclusive titles, but)...damn it just may be a very good year to be a gamer!
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by ericformans_sisterisdead Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:03 pm

@Dsharrah i highly recommend it the story may be hard to understand at first because it takes place after a novel series but if you got any questions i got you and yeah sony is way better i cant wait to see what the system actually looks like i still cant believe though kojima mad jack bauer the new big boss voice
ericformans_sisterisdead
ericformans_sisterisdead
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:53 pm

DSharrah wrote:

Sad to say that I won't be surprised if you are right...but BW is not the only company that I am looking forward to at E3. I am fairly interested in what the "big announcement" for 360 that Microsoft has up its sleeve...want to see more of Destiny...at least will pay attention to DA3 news (unsure what/if any excitement will be attached to this for me)...on a more ME related front, I am wondering if we will see anything about the next game, I hope they answer some questions about what the big push with the redone N7 HQ is about (just a little strange that so much effort was put into a support tool for a game that is "supposed to be close winding down its support"), not to mention actually answering some questions about the story (the ending in particular) itself (I guess I am still waiting for the promised discussion that teased after launch)...if nothing else, I think E3 will be huge for gamers - with 2 new consoles on the horizon, I think its possible we just might get spoiled with gaming news.

I think the redone N7 HQ might be because they are discontinuing support for the iOS app.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-06-ea-retires-mass-effect-3-datapad-app
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:01 pm

Eryri wrote:
DSharrah wrote:

I think the redone N7 HQ might be because they are discontinuing support for the iOS app.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-06-ea-retires-mass-effect-3-datapad-app

My confusion is why do both? I might even argue that they never did a proper job of supporting the app in the first place...and if they are really getting to the point where they are scaling back resources on "ME 3" related projects - why worry about making sure that the datapad app lives on in another form. Don't get me wrong - you are probably right - but it just doesn't feel right to me. Something is out of place...just can't put my finger on it.
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:22 am

Predictions regarding Bioware:

1)Dragon Age - A big part will be about Dragon Age III, as it's coming out within the next year. Demo footage, general plot, trailers, new and revised systems, and 'how this isn't like Dragon Age II' ;), but mix in at least a few distinct disappointments with it.

2)The Old Republic - One of..
a)Announcement of a next expansion, for next year
b)Announcement to claim the game isn't dead, has been doing well since F2P and ROTHC expansion, and what the rest of this year's patches will contain
Regardless, the game exists and I'm sure they'll have something to say about it.

3)'New IP' - Probably no announcement.

4)Star Wars - Possibly an announcement regarding EA's connection to the brand and how they might use it with Bioware.

4)'Mass Effect Game'/'ME4' - A few possibilities. A few notable events recently are the Plants vs Zombies game funny images (misdirection from major announcements?), the new multiplayer app (why so late? why.. bother?), and the official word via social networks that there will NOT be any Mass Effect announcements at E3 (who the fuck does that? "Oh we have no news, don't bother. *INSERT GIANT E3 IMAGE*")
a)It is indeed as they are reinforcing - no Mass Effect info at all at E3. In which case, whatever, I'm done. I'll pop into this forum from time to time this year, but I can't guarantee 2014 :)
b)They do have something, but it's nothing to get worked up about. This is quite possible. No big announcement but maybe Bioware will have a few more detailed words to say about upcoming game(s), but..that's it. In which case, see point A.
c)They have something major, and this is just all part of the smokescreen. They'll announce the new game, but we're done with ME3. In which case... ok cool, whatever, I'll see what they have, but I'm not psyched up about it.
d)They have something major, and this is just all part of an elaborate meta campaign. They'll announce the new game, but also an extended SP and MP campaign with ME3 to lead up to it. 'The Truth' (https://twitter.com/BioEvilChris/status/340670168063688704) will happen, but they want as close to 100% of people to not expect it. In which case, awesome, I'll accept it, and hope I love it!

Given the explicit word that there will be nothing about Mass Effect at E3, I'm going to just accept that and just be blown-away if otherwise. It also means that if they're telling the truth there, then after June/July/E3, I won't really care what they have to offer anymore. I'll see if reveal content comes up at some point (new game?), but they're not getting my preorder, they're not getting my Collector's Edition, and they're possibly not even getting my purchase or at least full-price purchase. I'll count myself as a *scorned* ex-fan, who is still maybe a fan of some of their work.

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:40 am

I hear ya SwobyJ...but I am not putting all my excitement eggs for E3 in the Bioware basket...I think that there is going to be plenty of great gaming news, even if there isn't any ME news Crying or Very sad
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:50 am

Well I´m mostly just waiting for Xbox Uno games.
Any news on the new Halo and other third party games. Mostly hear more about Watch Dogs

Curious of what new features the controller brings. I already like the new D-pad, that one is better for fighting games

Also would like to hear about the price drop of the Wii U, since I´ve been wanting one for a long time now and now I think I may be able afford one and an xbox too ^^

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:53 am

DSharrah wrote:I hear ya SwobyJ...but I am not putting all my excitement eggs for E3 in the Bioware basket...I think that there is going to be plenty of great gaming news, even if there isn't any ME news Crying or Very sad

Well yeah, in my case, it's Mass Effect or bust. Not BUST bust, but like.. I have a ton of games already, so any other good news will just get a "Ah, that's cool! Moving on." response :P

I won't hate the world if there's nothing about Mass Effect/awesome Bioware news. I'll just, like, move on. Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lombus Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:08 pm

I'm just gonna leave this in case someone needs it :
E3 2013 - Expectations? E3times2013_zpse2257ac4
Lombus
Lombus
Adjutant

Back to top Go down

Post by lex0r Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:34 pm

10 points to Gryffin.. uh, Lombus.
lex0r
lex0r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:09 pm

Thanks Lombus!

Yeah, turns out that if there's any big announcements, it'll be tomorrow.

And if EA is actually honest about their hints, then all we'll get about Bioware will be a big Dragon Age III announcement.

But some SWTOR news might also happen, unless they finally want to sweep that game under the rug (PR-wise, at least).

And I'll just cross my fingers regarding Mass Effect. Might happen, might not. If it doesn't, I already said my plans ;)

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:54 am

Have everything set to record tomorrow...if I only I didn't have to be respnsible and go to work...would love just watching live - at least this way I can skip over anything too boring!
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:24 am

I found this supposed leak about E3. The source is some guy called cboat over at NeoGaf who has supposedly been reliable and people there are swearing by. This is the translated version from his...eccentric...posting style.

I put this here instead of the Xbox thread b/c of the first part. Keep an eye on third party game events to see if it holds up.

1. Confirmed Microsoft is actively attempting to get developers to not mention PS4 versions. If they don't say "OUR GAME IS EXCLUSIVE FOR XBONE" expect a PS4 version.

2. More Xbox One DRM messaging at Gamescom. There is no rental strategy. Try to sweep it under the rug and hope people don't remember.

3. Xbox One Cloud power was designed as DRM. Period. DRM was Microsoft's idea. EA and Ubisoft are supporters, Activision slightly less so.

4. Xbox One DRM plans are actually worse than what they've stated.

5. Mirror's Edge 2 at MS conference.

6. Prince of Persia (reboot?) at MS conference.

7. Xbox One Secret Phil Spencer game = World of Banks?

8. Xbox Live paywall still there.

9. Dead Rising 3, and exclusive DLC for another Capcom game at MS conference.

10. Sony is totally tight-lipped. Absolutely no leaks on anything.
Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by lex0r Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:17 am

E3 2013 - Expectations? Ku-medium
lex0r
lex0r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:22 am

Hrothdane wrote:I found this supposed leak about E3. The source is some guy called cboat over at NeoGaf who has supposedly been reliable and people there are swearing by. This is the translated version from his...eccentric...posting style.

I put this here instead of the Xbox thread b/c of the first part. Keep an eye on third party game events to see if it holds up.

1. Confirmed Microsoft is actively attempting to get developers to not mention PS4 versions. If they don't say "OUR GAME IS EXCLUSIVE FOR XBONE" expect a PS4 version.
2. More Xbox One DRM messaging at Gamescom. There is no rental strategy. Try to sweep it under the rug and hope people don't remember.
3. Xbox One Cloud power was designed as DRM. Period. DRM was Microsoft's idea. EA and Ubisoft are supporters, Activision slightly less so.

My reactions:
1. Yep probably. A-holes.
2. lol.. just lol
3. No way of proving this, but wouldn't be surprised.
4. affraid
5. I would love a Mirror's Edge 2 but I have to really 'finish' the first one on my PC and... well, I'll have to see how strong their DRM is. ;)
6. Whatever.
7. Whatever.
8. lolnothanks
9. Cool.
10. Sony: "Muahahaha"

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:30 pm

Hrothdane wrote:I found this supposed leak about E3. The source is some guy called cboat over at NeoGaf who has supposedly been reliable and people there are swearing by. This is the translated version from his...eccentric...posting style.

DRM might well be the lingering message of this E3.
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreHarbinger Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:44 pm

Two words for this

Oh and dear!
WeAreHarbinger
WeAreHarbinger
Blood Pack Boom-Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next