Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Could the Quarians end up like the Zha'til if we make peace between Quarians and Geth?

+27
Dwailing
Charlie Sheen
Master Blaster
HomesV500
Argolas
Prettz
BansheeOwnage
spotlessvoid
AxStapleton
HYR 2.1
Hanako Ikezawa
southbeatz
richie21
Blood Hawk
DSharrah
Humakt
protognosis
Terramine
401 Kill
Maximus
Raistlin Majere
ElSuperGecko
ZerebusPrime
Rifneno
draconian139
Andromidius
DoomsdayDevice
31 posters

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

Could the Quarians end up like the Zha'til if we make peace between Quarians and Geth? - Page 12 Empty Re: Could the Quarians end up like the Zha'til if we make peace between Quarians and Geth?

Post by Rifneno Wed May 22, 2013 12:15 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:Exactly.

As for what colour the upgrades are presented with, I'm pretty sure it was Rif himself who said we shouldn't be assigning significance to every instance of the use of red, blue or green in the game. But I see we're being liberal with that. So much so, that some are basically arguing that the Reaper code is actually a good thing.

Don't quote me to myself. I know what I said. You don't even know what the lore says. I said that it's retarded to try to find some deeper meaning in the floor holograms on the arena in the Citadel DLC shining red green and blue. I didn't say that the colors NEVER have meaning, I said they don't ALWAYS have meaning. In this case, which involves an important galaxy-altering decision, it may well. It certainly seems to. The old geth, dumb bastards, picked control. As in, they'd rather be controlled by the Reapers than not exist. Which geth didn't agree with that? The smartest one: Legion. Now that the geth's intelligence has been upgraded by Legion?

Shepard: Have the Reapers tried to contact you again?
Geth Prime: They made an attempt. We rejected it.

Keep chatting with him, and he says this.

Geth Prime: We will not relinquish our sentience. There will be no more compromise with the Old Machines.

The upgraded geth choose destroy. There will be no compromise with the Reapers. That says it all right there. But somewhere in your twisted, cobweb riddled maze of a mind, the geth having the same absolute conviction that we've always said breaks Shepard free of indoctrination, will be a sign of them succumbing to it. Probably trying to quote parts of EC that we've always said were only in Shepard's head as reality, and even misquoting that. Ya'know. Again. Why am I even bothering...
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Could the Quarians end up like the Zha'til if we make peace between Quarians and Geth? - Page 12 Empty Re: Could the Quarians end up like the Zha'til if we make peace between Quarians and Geth?

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Sun May 26, 2013 3:14 am

I have to agree with Rif on this. One line of dialogue from ME2 does not overshadow all evidence to the contrary of that line. There is more than enough evidence, both ingame and meta, that suggests that the Geth will not become indoctrinated and turn on the Quarians or the rest of the galaxy.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12