Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you REALLY expect from ME4 or whatever it ends up being called?

+11
FreewheelinDylan
Dwailing
Eryri
Rifneno
ericformans_sisterisdead
TurianRebel212
DoomsdayDevice
Hanako Ikezawa
Maximus
dorktainian
windsurfing
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

What do you REALLY expect from ME4?

What do you REALLY expect from ME4 or whatever it ends up being called?  - Page 3 Vote_lcap16%What do you REALLY expect from ME4 or whatever it ends up being called?  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 6 ]
What do you REALLY expect from ME4 or whatever it ends up being called?  - Page 3 Vote_lcap30%What do you REALLY expect from ME4 or whatever it ends up being called?  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 11 ]
What do you REALLY expect from ME4 or whatever it ends up being called?  - Page 3 Vote_lcap19%What do you REALLY expect from ME4 or whatever it ends up being called?  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 7 ]
What do you REALLY expect from ME4 or whatever it ends up being called?  - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%What do you REALLY expect from ME4 or whatever it ends up being called?  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]
What do you REALLY expect from ME4 or whatever it ends up being called?  - Page 3 Vote_lcap27%What do you REALLY expect from ME4 or whatever it ends up being called?  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 37

What do you REALLY expect from ME4 or whatever it ends up being called?  - Page 3 Empty Re: What do you REALLY expect from ME4 or whatever it ends up being called?

Post by Rifneno Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:31 am

Selim Bradley wrote:
Rifneno wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote:
Rifneno wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote:Yeah. And like you said, it'd vague enough so nobody really knows what happened except that thanks to Shepard the Reapers were defeated. Whether in literal endings, IT, CW, whatever, it's blank enough that all interpretations are valid because any of them could have happened. We just never got to see it.

No.
I was under the impression that after Shepard breaks the indoctrination attempt, they will lead the galaxy to victory against the Reapers. Are you saying this is not the case?
You think that'll be an off-screen event?  That's the worst idea I've ever heard in my life.  Regardless, each literal and IT leave vastly different galaxies.  One has only a sick borg abomination surviving with no other forms of life.  One has the galaxy being policed by a vast fleet of immortal monsters.  One has all synthetic life destroyed.  One has every known race being destroyed and a future cycle being in charge of the galaxy.  One has the Reapers still alive and possibly the hero of the galaxy is indoctrinated.

These aren't things you can leave vague.  These are events that change the races that exist, one of them basically rewrites the way reality works.  You can't just fast forward a few hundred or thousand years and it all be relatively the same.  A sequel CANNOT be done without canonizing an ending.
I never said I liked the idea. I just said it is an option that is available.
No, it's not.  Are you even reading this?  If everyone isn't an abomination, then synthesis is being declared non-canon.  If the Reapers aren't around, then ditto for control.  Ect., ect.  The option is NOT available.  I don't know how you can not understand this.  It's an incredibly simple concept.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

What do you REALLY expect from ME4 or whatever it ends up being called?  - Page 3 Empty Re: What do you REALLY expect from ME4 or whatever it ends up being called?

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:38 am

Rifneno wrote:
No, it's not.  Are you even reading this?  If everyone isn't an abomination, then synthesis is being declared non-canon.  If the Reapers aren't around, then ditto for control.  Ect., ect.  The option is NOT available.  I don't know how you can not understand this.  It's an incredibly simple concept.
I am reading this and understand what you mean. No need to insult my intelligence. But the fact is that Bioware is in charge or the lore, so simply put they can do whatever they want to it, including have no canon ending to 3. Will it work out well? No. But can they do it? Yes.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:46 am

Selim Bradley wrote:
Rifneno wrote:
I am reading this and understand what you mean. No need to insult my intelligence. But the fact is that Bioware is in charge or the lore, so simply put they can do whatever they want to it, including have no canon ending to 3. Will it work out well? No. But can they do it? Yes.
Bloody fucking hell, it's like talking to a wall.

"Whether in literal endings, IT, CW, whatever, it's blank enough that all interpretations are valid because any of them could have happened. We just never got to see it."

THIS. CANNOT. HAPPEN.  I don't know how to explain it to you any simpler than I already have.  It isn't a matter of seeing the ending, it's a matter of seeing the result.  If the result is not present, the ending did not happen.  If the Reapers aren't around policing and stuff, then control didn't happen.  BW can't just say "sure it did, maybe".  They control the lore, not the basic laws of goddamn logic.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:56 am

Rifneno wrote:
Bloody fucking hell, it's like talking to a wall.

"Whether in literal endings, IT, CW, whatever, it's blank enough that all interpretations are valid because any of them could have happened. We just never got to see it."

THIS. CANNOT. HAPPEN.  I don't know how to explain it to you any simpler than I already have.  It isn't a matter of seeing the ending, it's a matter of seeing the result.  If the result is not present, the ending did not happen.  If the Reapers aren't around policing and stuff, then control didn't happen.  BW can't just say "sure it did, maybe".  They control the lore, not the basic laws of goddamn logic.
And I'm saying it is possible, not that it will work. There's even a game that attempted this. Deus Ex: Invisible War. It took the three endings from the first game and made it so all converged into a single ending. To be fair, this did not work well and thus was unliked by fans. So the fact remains it can be done. You're thinking by 'can it be done' as 'can this work', in which case you are correct it almost certainly cannot. I'm thinking of 'can it be done' as 'is it possible to attempt' to which the answer is yes, though then leads to will it work to which like I said the answer is as close to an absolute no as to be indistinguishable. Same thing, just you are skipping a step in which happens to be the step I was addressing.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by noobcannon Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:31 am

priestly has made comments about the next mass effect game not being a sequel or prequel, and that calling it mass effect 4 is a disservice. anyone think time travel might play a role in the next games :D
noobcannon
noobcannon
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:41 am

Oh my god what are you doing?!?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximus Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:25 am

SwobyJ wrote:Oh my god what are you doing?!?!
"REVOLUTION CANNOT BE STOPPED!!!"
Maximus
Maximus
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:56 am

not a sequel?  Not a Prequel?  Then the only option is a continuation of the current story surely?  (part deus) Or are they going to abandon everything?  Or will the gods of storytelling fly Bioware into a black hole?
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:07 pm

Time travel? Hah. Fat chance. Not in the classical sense.

IIRC there is some component/war asset of the crucible that can affect the space/time continuum in some way. So in the event that the Crucible actually did something (even in IT), I can only imagine two scenarios.

1. The time that seems to have elapsed in months or years could actually have taken place in mere moments, say hours or even minutes, and less time has passed than what it seemed. Just like in a dream; a dream that seems very long, like half an hour or an hour can actually take place in mere minutes. I have sometimes woken up, looked at my alarm clock, fallen asleep again, then had a huge dream, only to wake up again and notice that only 6 minutes had passed in real time, and it always feels very strange, almost impossible. Somehow when you sleep, your brain can 'play back' events much more quickly than they would IRL, even though you experience it as happening at 'normal speed'. If you've ever heard someone talking in their sleep, you may have noticed that people talk really fast (almost incomprehensibly so) when dreaming.

2. This is more likely IMO. Due to the Crucible going off, time may suddenly be moved forward in a significant way. Hundreds or maybe even thousands of years. Still, it sounds pretty far out there.

What definitely won't happen is that we'll revisit events of the past. Travelling back in time is just asking for problems, plotholes and complications. Only in a dream/vision like sense would this be 'safe'.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:10 pm

Selim Bradley wrote:And I'm saying it is possible, not that it will work. There's even a game that attempted this. Deus Ex: Invisible War. It took the three endings from the first game and made it so all converged into a single ending. To be fair, this did not work well and thus was unliked by fans. So the fact remains it can be done. You're thinking by 'can it be done' as 'can this work', in which case you are correct it almost certainly cannot. I'm thinking of 'can it be done' as 'is it possible to attempt' to which the answer is yes, though then leads to will it work to which like I said the answer is as close to an absolute no as to be indistinguishable. Same thing, just you are skipping a step in which happens to be the step I was addressing.

I never played Invisible War. The friend that recommended the original DE to me didn't like it and I didn't even like the original so I knew I wouldn't like a worse version. But he did tell me about how they handled the endings. While... "unique" (read: bad), it's not what you're describing. It may be what you're talking about, but it's not what you're describing. They didn't leave it ambiguous and say "we don't really know what happened, maybe any ending you picked in DE1 happened". They flatly told us "we don't want to leave people out, so we did our best to make a completely new ending with elements of all three choices." DE:IW's ending was not ambiguous. They didn't leave it "blank enough" to make any of the three possible. They made up a new one and ran with it. Entirely different concept. The only thing the two ideas have in common is that they'll be pleasing no one by trying to please everyone.

noobcannon wrote:priestly has made comments about the next mass effect game not being a sequel or prequel, and that calling it mass effect 4 is a disservice. anyone think time travel might play a role in the next games :D

No, I'm afraid that's incredibly stupid.
Also, Back to the Future 3 took place far earlier than the first two movies but it was still a sequel. Being a sequel means some story begins where the last one left off or at a future period. Even if they somehow introduced the worst idea in the world to the series, it would still be a direct sequel even if 5 minutes into the intro the characters go back to the Prothean era. So Priestly's ill-informed drivel wouldn't make sense even if it was a hint about them incorporating the worst plot device in all of fiction. Because that's not how fictional titles are labeled.

Besides. Jesus tapdancing Christ. Priestly? You're using that fat, lying, fat, lying, fat, lying, fat, lying, fat, lying, fat, lying, fat, lying, fat, lying, FAT LYING BASTARD as a credible source? Please. There is literally NO ONE less trustworthy than that mountain of crap. You name it, Priestly denied it.

"Rumor is ME3 will have a Prothean squadmate!"
Priestly: No, it won't. Official word. I promise.

"Rumor is that ME3 will have multiplayer!"
Priestly: No, it won't. Official word. I promise.

"I bet we'll go see liberate Omega in a DLC!"
Priestly: No, there won't be any such DLC. Official word. I promise.

"There's some stuff about 'Leviathans' in the files. I bet we'll learn more about them in a DLC!"
Priestly: No, there won't be any such DLC. Official word. I promise.

Literally EVERY GODDAMN DLC since people found Kasumi in the ME2 files before her announcement/release has been denied by that fuckwit. One of the DLCs was officially announced by a less retarded employee the same fucking day that Priestly said it was a rumor without any grain of truth. If there exists an idea worse than time travel, it's trusting Chris Priestly to tell you the truth on absolutely anything at all.

Where are you even getting that anyway? They fired that useless limp prick all the way back in July. He hasn't been telling stupid lies about Bioware related stuff for the better part of a year.

dorktainian wrote:not a sequel?  Not a Prequel?  Then the only option is a continuation of the current story surely?  (part deus) Or are they going to abandon everything?  Or will the gods of storytelling fly Bioware into a black hole?

Actually there is another option: reboot. Gritty reboot probably, because apparently society wants a gritty reboot of everything now. And then they want grittier reboots of those gritty reboots. Gritty. But I disgress, this isn't the place for my hatred of Hollywood's artistic integrity™. I think we're forgetting the bigger issue: BW is the biggest bunch of liars that ever were. They lie just for the sake of lying. In December they told us "we won't be announcing any new ME Next news until 2014." Then they released some (albeit pointless) news about the game the next week apparently just so that their previous "well duh" statement could be a lie. Seriously people, that actually happened. It sounds like I'm making up shit for the lulz, but it's for real. That's how much they lie. While Priestly may be the biggest liar both figuratively and literally, there isn't a single person involved with the Mass Effect project that I would trust to give me the accurate time of day.

This is why I take the "we know nothing of ME Next" stance. Because our only source of information is a bunch of people who honest-to-God seem to be going way out of their way to tell us NOT to trust a word they say. Remember, people will believe anything: whether because they fear it to be true or they wish it to be true. Don't believe either scenario until we get something concrete on the game.

What do you REALLY expect from ME4 or whatever it ends up being called?  - Page 3 Liar
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:28 pm

Reboot? hope not!
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:50 pm

Reboot won't happen. Eventually, sure, maybe, after a few more games. But not right now that they've just finished this trilogy.

Shepard's story is over! Next up! We'll do it all over again, this time better! Promise!

Not going to happen.

Alternate Universe is just as unlikely IMO.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaidan Fan Tue May 12, 2015 6:43 am

Excuse my long, extreme absence.

I voted that it will be slightly better than ME3 because I hope they learned a little from the ME3 stuff. But, since I've only seen them brag about the Mako and exploring planets, I'm not going to get my hopes up. It will take much more than that to hook me again.
Kaidan Fan
Kaidan Fan
Pyjak

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesStone Thu May 28, 2015 8:34 pm

More likely than not, it will try to integrate Dragon Age: Inquisition's mistakes into its core. The leak's information (even though we all know how quickly a leak can lead into some pretty rash changes and YES and I'm still bitter) reeks the stench of micropayments, War Table crap and an ending completely deprived of character interaction or choices (Even though, again, the ME fanbase already experienced that crap once).

Still, I don't know. Jumping straight to another galaxy? How far in time are we? What ending will we be following, or will it all be retconned away? Is it a reboot by every other name? And if yes, why should we care about what will essentially be a new IP with heavily reused assets? And if it isn't a complete shift from the original trilogy, then...

Dammit, I put "I don't care" in the poll votes, but obviously that was a lie. Not gonna let myself get involved in this again
JamesStone
JamesStone
Pyjak

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Fri May 29, 2015 5:52 pm

Rumor ≠ Leak
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum