Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

+37
ginner dave
Dr JaMiN
noobcannon
vlad78
MaximizedAction
southbeatz
Master Blaster
ElSuperGecko
ViolentSound
Steelcan
WeAreHarbinger
Byne
Sphenacodon
invetro
dmvoe_
epyonx3
Criddle
ZerebusPrime
Rankincountry
jojon2se
Eryri
Rifneno
paxxton
Terramine
Dwailing
Hanako Ikezawa
windsurfing
Raistlin Majere
TurianRebel212
OneWithTheAssassins
BRAVO543211
smash016
dorktainian
Jusseb
DoomsdayDevice
Ithurael
CoolioThane
41 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 34 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by dorktainian Fri May 22, 2015 8:03 pm

what does N7 mean to you?

Aaryn Flynn @AarynFlynn · 22m22 minutes ago

So touching reading the #BioWare20 messages! No time to reminisce though - we're building the future #N7

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 34 CFoYAyQVAAE-7R1
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 34 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by Rifneno Fri May 22, 2015 8:50 pm

dorktainian wrote:what does N7 mean to you?

So touching reading the #BioWare20 messages! No time to reminisce though - we're building the future #N7

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 34 CFoYAyQVAAE-7R1

Which is exactly why I think Garrus' comic showing the writers see N7 as Shepard specifically too as quite important.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster Fri May 22, 2015 10:29 pm

Rifneno wrote:
dorktainian wrote:what does N7 mean to you?

Which is exactly why I think Garrus' comic showing the writers see N7 as Shepard specifically too as quite important.

Basically. N7 is a symbol for Shepard now. Those who have the N7 name or rank gives hope for their hero wears N7 armor ( well generic wise/customs)
Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Sat May 23, 2015 2:43 am

In the galaxy itself N7 might mean more, but to us, the players, N7 only means Shepard. Aside from some stuff in the multiplayer I guess, but still.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Sat May 23, 2015 6:33 am

DoomsdayDevice wrote:In the galaxy itself N7 might mean more, but to us, the players, N7 only means Shepard. Aside from some stuff in the multiplayer I guess, but still.

Which is exactly why it's interesting they're harping so much on N7 when they know N7 realistically translates into "Shepard" not "graduate of the N7 training program."
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster Sat May 23, 2015 9:37 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:In the galaxy itself N7 might mean more, but to us, the players, N7 only means Shepard. Aside from some stuff in the multiplayer I guess, but still.

At this point they are just milking N7 name (Shepard) in order to build hype for ME4 from what it looks.

Will say they haven't revealed the voice actors, nor the face of the new protagonist so that is also interesting but has N7 armor. Still believe it is ME3 unrelated.
Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster Mon May 25, 2015 8:08 am

I thought it was funny when the G.C.N at the end thought the ending was a dream or an Indoctrination attempt. And sees the bs things about the Catalyst and the end game outcome.
Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon May 25, 2015 9:04 am

Master Blaster wrote:I thought it was funny when the G.C.N at the end thought the ending was a dream or an Indoctrination attempt. And sees the bs things about the Catalyst and the end game outcome.

G.C.N? What the fuck are you on about?
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon May 25, 2015 10:27 am

Found this today.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 34 Mass_effect_stations_big_ships_size_comparison_by_euderion-d75wz9l

The Crucible will barely fit through a mass relay's corridor.  Look at the fucking size of the Citadel.  The mass relay looks like its fucking baby.  There's no chance in fucking hell that the Reapers towed that thing back through a relay.  It would be like trying to get a golf ball through a drinking straw.  It's just not even remotely possible.

If they towed it there themselves?  According to this comic, which was made years before Big Mac's comics flew off the rails and into a tree, the Citadel is roughly 50,000 lights years from Earth.  A Reaper can move at about 30 light years a day.  That means it would take FOUR AND A HALF YEARS for the Reapers to get to Earth from the Citadel without using mass relays - and that's if they're not slowed down by having to tow a giantass space station!

Yeah, shit got unreal way before Harbinger's beam.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon May 25, 2015 10:35 am

Also, an amusing note from that. If humanity built a telescope of enough strength, they could basically see back in time to the Protheans' invasion. People generally consider vision to be instantaneous but that's only because we're stuck to one planet. If the Citadel is 50,000 light years away, then the images you're seeing from it are 50,000 years old. Of course, a telescope that can see that detail from that distance is Star Wars level nonsense but it's an interesting concept.

If you don't find that interesting, here's something to take away from this conversation: many of the stars you see in the sky may have been extinguished while humans were still living in caves. The light we see from them was given off untold years ago.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Mon May 25, 2015 12:26 pm

Yes, you can look incredibly far back into the past, provided the distance to the observed object is large enough for the light to still be travelling.

On that note, we're now able to see galaxies that were there only 700 million years after the big bang happened. Makes you wonder if we'll ever be able to see the big bang itself, since the universe expanded faster than the speed of light, so the light of that event must still be travelling towards us. Mind boggling stuff.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction Mon May 25, 2015 1:20 pm

A finite speed of light is indeed a fascinating thing once you think about it. Nothing you see is ever really the way you see it anymore at that moment of time.

IIRC the universe/spacetime's expansion is still accelerating. And 3D 'radius'/size of the universe is way larger than ~13.x lightyears, which is due to the expansion rate. Yes it's said that 'nothing is faster than the speed of light' but that goes for matter and energy, this is space(-time) itself, which is its own animal.

You can see the residues and close direct products of the big bang's nuclear processes in the form of the cosmic microwave background. As for the point in space/time of the BB itself, I think we can't see it because it's sort of outside of a principal horizon due to that kind of expansion of spacetime.

Now, if only I could recall from the general relativity lecture if it became possible to see the BB directly if the universe stopped expanding like it is...damn you Penrose-Carter Diagrams, they have the answer but I was always too lazy to actually study them! Sad
MaximizedAction
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Mon May 25, 2015 1:28 pm

From my (extremely limited) understanding of cosmology, we'll never be able to see as far back as the Big Bang itself because the early universe was such a dense and hot plasma that it was opaque to visible light. After a few hundred thousand years the universe became cool enough to become transparent and released the light that had previously been locked up, which became the Cosmic microwave background after billions of years of expansion red shifted the light into the microwave range.
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Mon May 25, 2015 4:17 pm

Yeah, I think the problem with witnessing the BB itself is indeed the expansion rate, which indeed seems to be accelerating (based on red shift observations), like Maximized said.

So then we're getting into dark energy territory.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 26, 2015 5:39 pm

DISCLAIMER: I'm quite aware that there's nothing yet to completely confirm this to be a Bioware/Bioware-connected project. There's just enough details (linking of messages with Sam Hulick, timing of music video shooting, etc) that may mean that it indeed is that.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 34 11143081_10153265509644487_6312909753779285976_n

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 34 11110200_10153325726604487_8688966409580944199_o

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 34 11270224_10153325744509487_4288352113375958201_o

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 34 11336951_10153325745869487_4147790268051421933_o

"Some stills from our upcoming video! IT IS GOING TO BE INSANE!!!!!!!"

"The pressure is officially on! Huge music video commencing this Sunday! Fight-clubbing it up!!!" (Note, this was nearly a month ago, so they're editing it now and possibly releasing it .... next month? :O)

Likely to be:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Tue May 26, 2015 5:55 pm

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 34 11143081_10153265509644487_6312909753779285976_n

October 12, 2186... That's about the time ME3 ends.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Tue May 26, 2015 7:24 pm

wait..... wut?

will this be released in time for E3?
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 26, 2015 8:02 pm

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 34 11377337_10153325847599487_8916630661250324823_n

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 34 11058718_10153325847639487_2850463294567541999_n

Hi Kaidan.

I don't really know WTF this is - it still could be just a fan-made thing that doesn't relate to Bioware and its Mass Effect franchise at all (directly). But still, there's 'stuff' about it that sort of indicates otherwise. We'll see I guess. June maybe!

Mass Effect has done another live-action thing with this:

But this is a whole other deal (music video, so far appearing not as advanced, etc). So eh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Tue May 26, 2015 9:11 pm

It looks way too high quality to be a fan thing...
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 26, 2015 9:30 pm

*trying to restrain hopes* is all.

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Tue May 26, 2015 10:39 pm

Yeah, interesting. I'd appreciate a more realistic, grim Fight Club approach to the sci-fi setting.

I wouldn't want my mom to send me postcards like that, though. (Assuming that's Hannah Shepard.)
smash016
smash016
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Tue May 26, 2015 10:44 pm

smash016 wrote:I wouldn't want my mom to send me postcards like that, though. (Assuming that's Hannah Shepard.)

The theory being discussed in the chatbox now is that the NPC that stuff belongs to isn't Shepard, but a son Shepard didn't know he had when ME3 ended.  Specifically because "Hannah" there looks a whole hell of a lot like Strahovski.  And let's face it, sending signed photos of yourself instead of a note on paper like a normal person is the most Miranda thing to do ever.

Edit: Norlond has corrected me. The most Miranda thing to do ever is to that exact same thing, but with pictures of your ass instead of your face. This is the second most Miranda thing to do.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 26, 2015 10:52 pm

Oh yeah Dem and I had that same like of thought (well he did).

That we don't play/we're not going to see in this video Shepard 2.0, but Shepard's son. Ha. Haha. Hahaha.

Shepard cures infertility. Another miracle.

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Wed May 27, 2015 4:08 am

I just had an odd thought about a Mass Effect game remade with nothing but live action footage cleverly streamed together with most of the CG being in the background. ....and then I remembered that there must never again be another Sewer Shark.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2015 4:26 am

A Mass Effect Night Trap.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 34 Maxresdefault

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next