Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

+34
windsurfing
TurianRebel212
WeAreHarbinger
Jusseb
ZerebusPrime
Rifneno
dorktainian
triggerwarning
vlad78
CSSteele
Raistlin Majere
DoomsdayDevice
ElSuperGecko
Eryri
Terramine
1864_WORST_YEAR_OF_MY_LIF
Dr_Claymores
aboutthosedays
Maximus
Byne
Norlond
MaximizedAction
magnetite
Cyberfrog
symbowles
Ithurael
clennon8
ericformans_sisterisdead
Dwailing
noobcannon
Master Blaster
jojon2se
Yemeth
Valsamon
38 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 5 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by Rifneno Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:10 pm

ZerebusPrime wrote:http://www.ea.com/play2016

Unless I've read things wrong, there's a BioWare Mass Effect conference at 1PM Pacific Time.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 5 Giphy
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 5 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by dorktainian Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:33 pm

Rifneno wrote:

Unless I've read things wrong, there's a BioWare Mass Effect conference at 1PM Pacific Time.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 5 Giphy

just watched it. meh....
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by noobcannon Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:56 pm

dorktainian wrote:
Rifneno wrote:

just watched it.   meh....

i liked the little bit that we saw, but, it was so little. has it really been over 4 years? and we're still getting 'behing the scenes' teasers? shit.
noobcannon
noobcannon
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:18 pm

I'll just file this here.  I'm not having the same visceral negative reaction as many of the rest of you, but that's neither here nor there without more to go on.

....is that a Yaahg at 1.17?
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:00 pm

Lame. No Gameplay just another shitty voice over by EAWare employee saying how amazing it's gonna be.

Pro tip bioware:

Be more like CDProjekt Red, and less like an EA money Wh0re.
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:04 pm

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 5 Gif1ara7

Did this Asari's mother go through a portal to Thedas and spend some "quality time" with Sera?
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:08 pm

Honestly that is one fugly blue bitch. TJ Laser will definitely not smash her puss. Only the hottest blue bitches get the TJ Laser cock!

*Side note, nothing in that trailer impressed me at all. This game is gonna suck*
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:30 pm

......I do not find that asari to be ugly.  Butch, certainly, but not ugly.  I also think the new Mako looks slick.  I could do without the fins on the Normandy, but that's a minor thing.  Thing is, that was a non-trailer so it's full of minor things. There's nothing there to get riled up about.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:01 am

The BSN is annoyed at the lack of info too, but one point of mild interest has come up. The trailer seems to show not 1, but 3 arks, in orbit around an intact Earth. This throws a spanner in the works of their consensus opinion that the ark was built hurriedly during the course of ME3.
This is a bit odd. It means the game would be set long after the galaxy has recovered from the war, meaning that one ending choice would have to be made canon. Weaselling out of canonising one ending was thought to be the main reason for upping sticks to andromeda in the first place.
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:13 am

The BSN... You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreHarbinger Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:42 am

So it looks we're getting there by obligatory Sci Fi "Put them to sleep and wake them up when they get there"... k.

Does anyone have any fucking idea why we're going to Andromeda? That looks like Earth in that final shot (maybe not) didn't look post Reaper war either. I dunno i just feel this story will be a cluster fuck. If this was all done pre reaper war then how did they find the time? If it's post then i'm eager to see which ending they would lock down, anyone choosing the other 2 endings (plus Refuse which is canon by EC) they'll upset a lot more people..
WeAreHarbinger
WeAreHarbinger
Blood Pack Boom-Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:42 am

I see no identifying markers making that planet have to be Earth.  It could just as easily be Sur'Kesh as far as I'm concerned.

EDIT: That Asari image amuses me greatly.

Last edited by ZerebusPrime on Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:24 am

I don't see it myself either, but Steelcan mentioned that he saw the outline of the North American Great Lakes over on the BSN. It did seem to be a planet with big, illuminated cities, so not a place under current Reaper attack. Sur'Kesh would actually still be a possibility for building the arks during the Reaper war, although it still makes little sense lore-wise.
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by jojon2se Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:25 am

WeAreHarbinger wrote:...
Does anyone have any fucking idea why we're going to Andromeda?

I guess this could be where the dark energy thing returns, with whatever whole Crucible-Relay-Reaper event, may be said to have played out, pretty much "spending" the milky way, or something...

jojon2se
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:34 am

Klendagon is actually Mars.  Great Rift from the "mass accelerator weapon of unimaginable power" and all.  Just saying.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:56 am

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 5 1328725

when I saw this i chuckled

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 5 Screen-shot-2016-06-12-at-3-28-50-pm

and then theres the tempests bridge. to the left a krogan to the right a salarian.
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:06 am

oh and...

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 5 Mass-Effect-shot

can you see the crucible?

dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:27 pm

It's the power core for the new intergalactic FTL drive from the looks of it.

Maybe it was always supposed to be as such. Less of a "use this to beat the Reapers" and more of a "use this to escape the Reapers" and the message got lost in translation during one of the cycles.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:01 pm

Wait...is that seriously the Crucible at the center of that...
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwailing Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:34 pm

That is absolutely the Crucible in the middle of that. The only thing we KNOW about the Crucible with certainty (i.e. that isn't potentially a hallucination of some kind) is that it's capable of generating huge amounts of energy. This would line up well with the whole, "Power core for a massive ship," thing.
Dwailing
Dwailing
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:49 pm

Dwailing wrote:That is absolutely the Crucible in the middle of that.  The only thing we KNOW about the Crucible with certainty (i.e. that isn't potentially a hallucination of some kind) is that it's capable of generating huge amounts of energy.  This would line up well with the whole, "Power core for a massive ship," thing.

Does that mean there is a crucible in the identical ship in the background...holy shit...why are we leaving the Milky Way again, clearly ressources are not a problem.
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:30 pm

Here's another thing.  There's a whole bunch of heavy cruisers (if not dreadnoughts) in that shot, too.  Whatever is going on is going on under heavy guard. The transport shuttles are also tracked with a camera angle that promotes the feeling of breakneck speed and urgency.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:55 pm

Mass Effect News ‏@MassEffect_News 7m7 minutes ago
Well it finally looks like we have official confirmation that the protagonist's name will be Ryder. #MassEffect

well male or female you will be know as .......... Ryder.

A few suggestions

Knob Ryder
Bike Ryder
Easy Ryder
Anal Ryder

feel free to add...
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:38 pm

Pony Ryder
Paperback Ryder
M&M Ryder
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:21 pm

Sigh... I'd urge caution in rushing to any judgments.  There are other explanations.  For example:
- IMO, that ship looks more like the Normandy than this does like the Crucible, but we know it is not the Normandy.  Perhaps they're just being lazy hacks and giving old assets a new HD makeover than come up with any more new designs than absolutely necessary.
- Perhaps years of methamphetamine abuse has ravaged their brains and in their most fevered, deranged ravings, they concluded that people liked the Crucible & that pictures of it would get players nostalgic, and that Pepsi tastes better than Coke.
- Maybe they're just trolling as they have SO GOD DAMNED MANY TIMES in the past, and this shot is out of context.  For example, maybe this is shown in a history class that utilizes holograms.  Or perhaps our player character is seeing it in a dream.  They gave us ghosts in Shitadel, why not psychics now that can see perfectly into the distant past?
- Maybe it's a sort of memorial to the Reaper War, or something along those lines.

There's any number of explanations.  I could probably come up with more, but why should I put more thought into this game than BioWare has?
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next