Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any other Metro and Spinter Cell fans out there?

+7
Dwailing
Rankincountry
Humakt
windsurfing
Norlond
skillz1986
BRAVO543211
11 posters

Go down

Any other Metro and Spinter Cell fans out there? Empty Any other Metro and Spinter Cell fans out there?

Post by BRAVO543211 Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:52 am

With Metro Last light only a month and a half away now, I thought I would start a thread for other fans of the series to talk about the game and what we are looking forward in it, and also discuss Splinter Cell Blacklist, since it happens to be among my favorite game series, and happens to be coming out on my birthday. Hopefully people who are not fans will come in here as well and become interested in it as well, since they are both such good game series.
BRAVO543211
BRAVO543211
Varren

Location : The horrble irradiated remains of Boston, on a quest to locate the Scourge of the Wastes, DCHoaxer

Back to top Go down

Any other Metro and Spinter Cell fans out there? Empty Re: Any other Metro and Spinter Cell fans out there?

Post by skillz1986 Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:32 pm

I'm not really into metro..but i love splinter cell (i basically love every stealth game) tbough i did not play conviction (ps3). Looking forwar to blacklist, it seems they'va managed to combine the traditional stealth elements from the previous installations with the more offensive stealth elements from conviction...they've even sprinkled a little bit ghost recon on top of it. What can go wrong?
skillz1986
skillz1986
Adjutant

Back to top Go down

Any other Metro and Spinter Cell fans out there? Empty Re: Any other Metro and Spinter Cell fans out there?

Post by Norlond Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:33 pm

Metro: Didn't play it, sorry

Splinter Cell: Loved SC1 and PT, never finished CT and was a little dissapointed by DA. Never played Conviction, looks like shit from stealth-game perspective :stick:
Not looking forward to Blacklist, when I saw Sam bullet-time-killing 6 enemies at once while running through large open space on a daylight map I headbutted my keyboard for hours Angry
F*** you Ubisoft for ruining my favorite stealth franchise forever
Norlond
Norlond
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/Skyzzed

Back to top Go down

Post by skillz1986 Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:44 pm

Norlond wrote:Metro: Didn't play it, sorry

Splinter Cell: Loved SC1 and PT, never finished CT and was a little dissapointed by DA. Never played Conviction, looks like shit from stealth-game perspective :stick:
Not looking forward to Blacklist, when I saw Sam bullet-time-killing 6 enemies at once while running through large open space on a daylight map I headbutted my keyboard for hours Angry
F*** you Ubisoft for ruining my favorite stealth franchise forever

I wouldn't be so dismissive. I didn't like it the first time i saw it. But when they said it was kptional to do so..and actually showed the same demo with a stealth only walkthrough it reminded me a lot of CT...and CT was awesome

Edit: it basically gives you even more replay value. Finished your stealth based playrhrough, do another one in jason bourne fashion....i like it.
skillz1986
skillz1986
Adjutant

Back to top Go down

Post by BRAVO543211 Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:04 pm

I can't believe no one else here has played Metro, it's an awesome game. If anyone here has 15 bucks lying around I highly suggest going to GameStop and getting an used copy. If you are a fan of Dead Space or Bioshock I know you'll love it, and the fact your moral choices affect your ending also gives it a few RPG elements. Though the most fun of the game is just blowing through some Nazis or mutants with your AK, or shotgun.
BRAVO543211
BRAVO543211
Varren

Location : The horrble irradiated remains of Boston, on a quest to locate the Scourge of the Wastes, DCHoaxer

Back to top Go down

Post by Norlond Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:21 pm

skillz1986 wrote:I wouldn't be so dismissive. I didn't like it the first time i saw it. But when they said it was kptional to do so..and actually showed the same demo with a stealth only walkthrough it reminded me a lot of CT...and CT was awesome

Edit: it basically gives you even more replay value. Finished your stealth based playrhrough, do another one in jason bourne fashion....i like it.
You have a point, but still, Blacklist has to be extremely impressive if it wants to convince me to buy it... Uncertain
BRAVO543211 wrote:I can't believe no one else here has played Metro, it's an awesome game. If anyone here has 15 bucks lying around I highly suggest going to GameStop and getting an used copy. If you are a fan of Dead Space or Bioshock I know you'll love it, and the fact your moral choices affect your ending also gives it a few RPG elements. Though the most fun of the game is just blowing through some Nazis or mutants with your AK, or shotgun.
Well I also never played Dead Space and Bioshock, but I plan on buying Bioshock Infinite, so that's a start :stick:
Umm, skillz/Restrider/Maximized/someone else? Do we have Gamestop? (that's a serious question, I really don't know, I can't remember ever seeing one, but maybe I'm just blind Laughing )
Norlond
Norlond
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windsurfing Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:43 am

I have played Metro 2033 and all of the Splinter Cell games.

Metro is an amazing piece of tech 3D engine wise and great story wise. The original book by the Dmitry Glukhovsky was a heart wrenching story with different elements to the main story and a considerably different ending to what was shown in the game. The book is superior in terms of quality and depth of story. But the game was a very good shot at adapting the novel for whats possible in a game.

Splinter Cell 1-2-3 were true classics. I keep remembering the score song "name of the game"
windsurfing
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by skillz1986 Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:29 am

Norlond wrote:
skillz1986 wrote:I wouldn't be so dismissive. I didn't like it the first time i saw it. But when they said it was kptional to do so..and actually showed the same demo with a stealth only walkthrough it reminded me a lot of CT...and CT was awesome

You have a point, but still, Blacklist has to be extremely impressive if it wants to convince me to buy it... Uncertain
BRAVO543211 wrote:I can't believe no one else here has played Metro, it's an awesome game. If anyone here has 15 bucks lying around I highly suggest going to GameStop and getting an used copy. If you are a fan of Dead Space or Bioshock I know you'll love it, and the fact your moral choices affect your ending also gives it a few RPG elements. Though the most fun of the game is just blowing through some Nazis or mutants with your AK, or shotgun.
Well I also never played Dead Space and Bioshock, but I plan on buying Bioshock Infinite, so that's a start :stick:
Umm, skillz/Restrider/Maximized/someone else? Do we have Gamestop? (that's a serious question, I really don't know, I can't remember ever seeing one, but maybe I'm just blind Laughing )

Well i don't know where you live exactly but here in braunschweig we have two gamestops and brwunschweig is really not that big. So depending on where you live, there should be at least one gamestop in your vicinity.
skillz1986
skillz1986
Adjutant

Back to top Go down

Post by Norlond Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:10 pm

Apparently there are 2 in Dortmund, 1 in Bochum, 3 in Wuppertal, even 1 in Witten Wat ... I really AM blind *noooooo*
Stupid me not knowing that there're like 10000 gamestops nearby

Then again, I buy my all games via Steam or amazon, so... meh Laughing
Norlond
Norlond
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by skillz1986 Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:01 pm

Norlond wrote:Apparently there are 2 in Dortmund, 1 in Bochum, 3 in Wuppertal, even 1 in Witten Wat ... I really AM blind *noooooo*
Stupid me not knowing that there're like 10000 gamestops nearby

Then again, I buy my all games via Steam or amazon, so... meh Laughing

Yeah, i stopped buying games at gamestops eversince i' ve been working there. I don't know their whole business practice just doesn't seem right. And amazon is just amazing..sorry for the advertisement.
skillz1986
skillz1986
Adjutant

Back to top Go down

Post by Humakt Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:35 pm

I've played Metro. It is probably the most atmospheric fps I've played. Definitely looking forward Last Light.

Never played Splinter Cell games, though I have couple of them in Steam.
Humakt
Humakt
Nightmare

http://www.celestialheavens.com/thundermaps/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rankincountry Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:54 pm

Only played the first Splinter Cell, did really enjoy it though. I absolutely love Metro, I picked it up recently and have been slowly working my way through. It's a tough game and quite unforgiving, and rivals STALKER for sheer atmosphere (though gameplay-wise is a very different proposition). Graphics look fantastic, voice acting is solid and best of all it's cheap now if you don't already have it. It's often on sale on Steam or Gamersgate.
Rankincountry
Rankincountry
Nemesis

Location : Sunny Valley Rest Home for Burnt-Out Gamers, Karpyshyn Ward

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adrianprice74

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwailing Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:07 am

I love Metro. It's a great game, with some of the most incredible atmosphere of any FPS ever. I mean, this is one of the rare games that TRULY feel alive, like there are stories behind everything and everyone, even if you don't get to hear them. If you don't believe me, just stand for a minute in one of the marketplaces in the game and let the various conversations fill your ears. It's amazing.

Edit: As for Splinter Cell, I've tried the first game, but didn't really get into it. I need to give it another go before I write it off, though.
Dwailing
Dwailing
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:54 pm

Splinter Cell, PT and CT are some of my favourite games of all time.

DA and Conviction were pretty shite in comparison.

Won't get Blacklist until it's cheap
CoolioThane
CoolioThane
Space Cow

http://www.achievementhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by symbowles Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:24 pm

I'm sad I didn't see this topic sooner :(

Splinter Cell makes my world go round...unfortunately the abomination that was Conviction has soured the series for me.

But I still have a habit of going on a gaming marathon and playing through SR, PT, and CT. The visuals, atmosphere, and game play are just incredible.

Curious question, anyone ever post on the Splinter Cell boards?
symbowles
symbowles
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by windsurfing Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:00 pm

windsurfing
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by ThisOneIsPunny Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:48 pm

I played Metro and hated the amoebas

i also didn't know there was an actual morality system that decides whether you get the 'good' ending or not, only vaguely aware due to the kid at the beginning, so i ended up being a ranger.

it was great and moderately scary to the point that i was actually panicking when i had to charge my shotgun, and there was much cussing had

Examples of my oh shit moments with appropriate captions(in no particular order) :
Any other Metro and Spinter Cell fans out there? Tumblr_inline_mfrmneQ3ak1qk6h5p
"FUCKIGN GDODADMAN FUCKINFSTSI"
Any other Metro and Spinter Cell fans out there? Tumblr_inline_mfrd33daaW1qk6h5p
"THis IFIUCKING GUN"
Any other Metro and Spinter Cell fans out there? Tumblr_inline_mfuul6DRDn1qk6h5p
"SHITHSIHTSHITSHTIHTIHFUCK FSHDFJUCKSHIT"

all in all 10/10 never retrying it, never playing on true ranger mode
ThisOneIsPunny
ThisOneIsPunny
LOKI

Back to top Go down

Post by BRAVO543211 Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:53 pm

bump
BRAVO543211
BRAVO543211
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by BRAVO543211 Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:57 pm

Ah good news, Metro should release on time.
BRAVO543211
BRAVO543211
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Brazukka Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:14 pm

Any other Metro and Spinter Cell fans out there? 23Auj
Random image from my last playthrough.
Brazukka
Brazukka
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by Humakt Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:49 pm

Humakt
Humakt
Nightmare

http://www.celestialheavens.com/thundermaps/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down