Any Fans of the Slender Man Mythos Here?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Any Fans of the Slender Man Mythos Here?

Post by Dwailing on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:20 pm

Since there seem to be many people looking for fellow fans of... well, anything, I figured I would do so as well. So, any Slender Fans here?

_________________



Best emoticon ever.  Of all time: Dwail\'s Garrus 

Decision Chamber Hallucination Theory
RWBY/KS Crossover
avatar
Dwailing
Praetorian

Posts : 1714
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 21
Location : Awaiting ME4 news in Louisville, KY

Back to top Go down

Re: Any Fans of the Slender Man Mythos Here?

Post by Rifneno on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:37 pm

Sounds like Priestly's arch-nemesis. If so, I'm a huge fan.

_________________
Remember folks.  We didn't get A, B, C endings.  We got A, A, A endings.
avatar
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Posts : 2625
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 36
Location : Razgriz Straits

Back to top Go down

Re: Any Fans of the Slender Man Mythos Here?

Post by Fur28 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:03 pm

I red the creepypasta story, and am a fan of Marble Hornets myself.

_________________
I Love Selim Heart
Anti-Shield Drill (Super Effective against the Ultimate Shield)

Fur28
Commando

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 23
Location : Mexico

Back to top Go down

Re: Any Fans of the Slender Man Mythos Here?

Post by CoolioThane on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:13 am

I love Marble Hornets. Fur, are you sure we're not the same person :P

_________________
avatar
CoolioThane
Space Cow

Posts : 833
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 24
Location : Falmouth, Cornwall

http://www.achievementhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Any Fans of the Slender Man Mythos Here?

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:22 am

Slender Man was the villian on this week's Lost Girl.
avatar
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Posts : 3094
Join date : 2013-01-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Any Fans of the Slender Man Mythos Here?

Post by estebanus on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:30 am

I enjoy the stories about it, yeah. I don't believe it's real, though.

_________________
"We make a living by what we get, but we make life by what we give"
-Winston Churchill

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

--George Orwell
avatar
estebanus
Cannibal

Posts : 196
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 27
Location : Varde Kaserne, Denmark

Back to top Go down

Re: Any Fans of the Slender Man Mythos Here?

Post by Fur28 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:06 am

estebanus wrote:I enjoy the stories about it, yeah. I don't believe it's real, though.
I think it´s obvious everyone knows he isn´t real.
So anybody here enjoy any other Creepypastas, i like "The egg" and videogame and cartoon related ones

_________________
I Love Selim Heart
Anti-Shield Drill (Super Effective against the Ultimate Shield)

Fur28
Commando

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 23
Location : Mexico

Back to top Go down

Re: Any Fans of the Slender Man Mythos Here?

Post by estebanus on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:27 am

Fur28 wrote:
estebanus wrote:I enjoy the stories about it, yeah. I don't believe it's real, though.
I think it´s obvious everyone knows he isn´t real.
So anybody here enjoy any other Creepypastas, i like "The egg" and videogame and cartoon related ones
Squidward's suicide, Smile.dog and the rake made me kinda freaky. Pirate cove as well.
avatar
estebanus
Cannibal

Posts : 196
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 27
Location : Varde Kaserne, Denmark

Back to top Go down

Re: Any Fans of the Slender Man Mythos Here?

Post by Fur28 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:36 am

estebanus wrote:
Fur28 wrote:
estebanus wrote:I enjoy the stories about it, yeah. I don't believe it's real, though.
I think it´s obvious everyone knows he isn´t real.
So anybody here enjoy any other Creepypastas, i like "The egg" and videogame and cartoon related ones
Squidward's suicide, Smile.dog and the rake made me kinda freaky. Pirate cove as well.
Man squidward was O_o, also liked Bart´s dead
in VGs i enjoyed death silver and pokemon black
And one similar to pirate cove is 1999, recomend it and is still ongoing, i like that it´s possible what happens there


Last edited by Fur28 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
I Love Selim Heart
Anti-Shield Drill (Super Effective against the Ultimate Shield)

Fur28
Commando

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 23
Location : Mexico

Back to top Go down

Re: Any Fans of the Slender Man Mythos Here?

Post by RavenEyry on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:37 am

I find the pokemon black creepypasta to be genuinely creepy.
avatar
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Posts : 1703
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 25
Location : Lincoln, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Any Fans of the Slender Man Mythos Here?

Post by Hrothdane on Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:13 am

I like the Slender Man mythos because it's an honest-to-goodness modern-day myth. I love mythology, but I don't think the ancient past needs to have a monopoly on it.

As far as the scare factor, I don't remember the last time I was legitimately frightened of any piece of media. I'm a Hume-level skeptic, so my natural reaction to creepy supernatural things is dismissal rather than fright. I enjoy a good Creepypasta though because I can still appreciate a good story, and I like learning about what frightens other people.

_________________
Assume everything has value until proven wrong. Sometimes that doesn't take very long.

What I'm listening to: http://www.last.fm/user/Hrothdane/library
avatar
Hrothdane
Scion

Posts : 627
Join date : 2013-01-07
Location : Irvine, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: Any Fans of the Slender Man Mythos Here?

Post by BatmanTurian on Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:24 am

I like Marble Hornets but it's been boring for months. a lot of the other ones don't really measure up. Tribe Twelve will always be my favorite.

_________________
A general is well advised
To achieve nothing more than his orders:
Not to take advantage of his victory.
Nor to glory, boast or pride himself;
To do what is dictated by necessity,
Not by choice.
-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
avatar
BatmanTurian
LOKI

Posts : 92
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 37
Location : 'Murica

Back to top Go down

Re: Any Fans of the Slender Man Mythos Here?

Post by FFZero on Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:40 pm

I like most of the creepypasta that have been mentioned here but Slenderman has been done to death, he started off creepy but because of overuse he’s kind of dull now. That and because of the eight pages lot of indie game developers seem to think that just having the ‘find x things’ objective is a good enough game objective. I’m hoping that Slender: The Arrival makes him scary again.
avatar
FFZero
Thorian Creeper

Posts : 148
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 27
Location : United Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Re: Any Fans of the Slender Man Mythos Here?

Post by Fur28 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:03 pm

FFZero wrote:I like most of the creepypasta that have been mentioned here but Slenderman has been done to death, he started off creepy but because of overuse he’s kind of dull now. That and because of the eight pages lot of indie game developers seem to think that just having the ‘find x things’ objective is a good enough game objective. I’m hoping that Slender: The Arrival makes him scary again.
i want it to be scary and even more in MP. Imagine everyone screaming on their mics

_________________
I Love Selim Heart
Anti-Shield Drill (Super Effective against the Ultimate Shield)

Fur28
Commando

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 23
Location : Mexico

Back to top Go down

Re: Any Fans of the Slender Man Mythos Here?

Post by estebanus on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:45 pm

Fur28 wrote:
FFZero wrote:I like most of the creepypasta that have been mentioned here but Slenderman has been done to death, he started off creepy but because of overuse he’s kind of dull now. That and because of the eight pages lot of indie game developers seem to think that just having the ‘find x things’ objective is a good enough game objective. I’m hoping that Slender: The Arrival makes him scary again.
i want it to be scary and even more in MP. Imagine everyone screaming on their mics
Wait, what? What is Slender: The Arrival? Is it another game by those guys that made Slender: the eight pages?
avatar
estebanus
Cannibal

Posts : 196
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 27
Location : Varde Kaserne, Denmark

Back to top Go down

Re: Any Fans of the Slender Man Mythos Here?

Post by Fur28 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:50 pm

estebanus wrote:
Fur28 wrote:
FFZero wrote:I like most of the creepypasta that have been mentioned here but Slenderman has been done to death, he started off creepy but because of overuse he’s kind of dull now. That and because of the eight pages lot of indie game developers seem to think that just having the ‘find x things’ objective is a good enough game objective. I’m hoping that Slender: The Arrival makes him scary again.
i want it to be scary and even more in MP. Imagine everyone screaming on their mics
Wait, what? What is Slender: The Arrival? Is it another game by those guys that made Slender: the eight pages?
yes, it´s coming to consoles too and it´s going to have multiplayer

_________________
I Love Selim Heart
Anti-Shield Drill (Super Effective against the Ultimate Shield)

Fur28
Commando

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 23
Location : Mexico

Back to top Go down

Re: Any Fans of the Slender Man Mythos Here?

Post by lex0r on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:33 am


_________________

https://www.youtube.com/lex0r
"I like to think about the first law of thermodynamics, that no energy in the universe is created and none is destroyed. Every bit of energy inside us, every particle will go on to be a part of something else. And every part of us now was once a part of some other thing."
avatar
lex0r
Admin

Posts : 599
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Any Fans of the Slender Man Mythos Here?

Post by Guest on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:17 am

Why did people introduce me to Creepypasta here??? I'm home alone at 1am right now and I'm terrified of even Dead Bart. I'm shivvering all over and so scared :(

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Any Fans of the Slender Man Mythos Here?

Post by BatmanTurian on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:44 am

SwobyJ wrote:Why did people introduce me to Creepypasta here??? I'm home alone at 1am right now and I'm terrified of even Dead Bart. I'm shivvering all over and so scared :(

Better never look up H.P. Lovecraft music on youtube then.
avatar
BatmanTurian
LOKI

Posts : 92
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 37
Location : 'Murica

Back to top Go down

Re: Any Fans of the Slender Man Mythos Here?

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:03 am

BatmanTurian wrote:
SwobyJ wrote:Why did people introduce me to Creepypasta here??? I'm home alone at 1am right now and I'm terrified of even Dead Bart. I'm shivvering all over and so scared :(

Better never look up H.P. Lovecraft music on youtube then.

STOP! It's 4am and I CAN'T. Embarassed

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Any Fans of the Slender Man Mythos Here?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum