Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dragon Age Thread

+36
Eryri
Hanako Ikezawa
ViolentSound
Byne
RavenEyry
ericformans_sisterisdead
Norlond
CSSteele
vlad78
dorktainian
Ithurael
Dwailing
CoolioThane
TurianRebel212
demersel
symbowles
BlueLogic
Fur28
HYR 2.1
Maximus
Jusseb
Vizard355
shep117
Master Blaster
Hrothdane
southbeatz
Lombus
Cyberfrog
FFZero
Raistlin Majere
DSharrah
Andromidius
lex0r
umadcommander
Humakt
GethJuggernautMKII
40 posters

Page 12 of 33 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 22 ... 33  Next

Go down

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The Dragon Age Thread

Post by CoolioThane Thu May 01, 2014 9:35 pm

Ima side with the Templars
CoolioThane
CoolioThane
Space Cow

http://www.achievementhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HYR 2.1 Fri May 02, 2014 6:19 am

SwobyJ wrote:And that's the thing - if that ends up being the case, I'd take it.

As long as the A/B choice has a few secondary significant differences within them.

And then there's at least several other smaller differences within that.

Hope like hell so. After ME2, DA2, and ME3, I'm tired of final-decisions that force choosing between extreme options.

Some nuance would be appreciated.
HYR 2.1
HYR 2.1
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:57 pm

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 12 1016032_10152442891804367_5943913033374281916_o
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:57 pm

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 12 10359102_10152445493194367_5810452419231518414_o
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:01 pm

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 12 10387073_702760783106658_6901950014288798142_o
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:15 pm

Iron Bull and Blackwall look cool, though I dont understand how IB's sword handle works, is it too big or are there 3 places to grab from?

Sera's face looks...unatractive to me, but if she's the wildcard of the team I'm sure I'll like her

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:10 pm

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 12 10448490_703191529730250_6606214423381067449_o
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:31 am

well, I really hope tomorrow EA begins with a 30min Battlefield demo like 2 years ago (I think) or something lame like that, because if I'm lucky I'll be at home at 12:30 and I'll be really sad if I miss anything.

Also, which was the site where they had 2 screens, one for the conferences and trailers and the other for interviews and demos?

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:01 am

Fur28 wrote:well, I really hope tomorrow EA begins with a 30min Battlefield demo like 2 years ago (I think) or something lame like that, because if I'm lucky I'll be at home at 12:30 and I'll be really sad if I miss anything.

Also, which was the site where they had 2 screens, one for the conferences and trailers and the other for interviews and demos?

Hahah, yep. The balls EA has to even promote another BattleField game, lulz. God I hate EA.

Don't worry tho, DA3 will have a significant role and their press briefing I'm fairly certain on that.
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:08 pm

Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:36 pm

Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:37 pm

Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:02 am

Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:38 am

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:51 pm

I think she looks fine. I'll have to see what else they show, but Female Qunari is a possible 2nd or at least 3rd character for me to make.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:33 am

Can't be a qunari.  The dialogue wheel isn't full of "No." over and over.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Norlond Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:58 am

It's like people outright refuse to call them 'Kossith' for some reason
Norlond
Norlond
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/Skyzzed

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:43 am

Norlond wrote:It's like people outright refuse to call them 'Kossith' for some reason

Crazy, isn't it?  There's a huge difference between kossith and qunari even if they're usually the same.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:45 pm

Gaider said that Kossity was an antiquated name, but that both Qunari and Kossith are accurate.
CoolioThane
CoolioThane
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:56 pm

Gaider makes a lot of gurgling noises in his throat but rarely actually 'says' anything.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:01 pm

But you hate Gaider because his books attack you
CoolioThane
CoolioThane
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:03 pm

At lot of books attack me. Usually the heavier ones because they go on the top shelf.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:40 pm

CoolioThane wrote:Gaider said that Kossity was an antiquated name, but that both Qunari and Kossith are accurate.

What a fucking moron.  As if you don't need different words for a race and a sociology.  This is like if someone decided we didn't need different words for caucasian and christian.  I'm at a complete loss as to how someone can be so incredibly... Christ, I don't even have a word for what this is.

And of course Dwailing, the consummate cretin that he is, cries about Gaider bashing.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:06 pm

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 12 BpuGnfgCYAADoYx

It’s on the streets of Orlais that the Inquisition finds Sera—or rather, she finds them.

Sera‘s an outsider, a rogue elf, who senior writer, Luke Kristjanson describes as a “troublemaker.” She brings to the Inquisition the perspective of the little people caught between powerful factions as the world spins out of control.

“Sera is brash and fun,” Kristjanson says. “She takes nothing seriously until it deserves to be taken seriously, and not much does. She’s only seen power from the underside, a view that gives her an almost complete lack of respect for the arrogance behind authority.”

The Inquisition is the fastest Sera's ever seen someone “in power” move. She's never had the chance to get in early and make sure those heading to the top stay humble. But there are also big questions that she needs to answer for herself—“hole in the sky” big—and the Inquisition seems like the place to do it.

“The phrase I keep going back to is ‘she's not about what's right, she's about what's right now’,” Kristjanson says. “Doing something for the ‘greater good’ makes her angry, because she thinks that's shorthand for ‘let's hurt people who don't deserve it because it's easier.’ But she's got her own reasons for helping too. Play nice with the vulnerable and you’ve always got friends, and friends are better than power.”

During 18 years at BioWare, Kristjanson has written many memorable characters for nearly all of BioWare’s franchises from Baldur’s Gate to Inquisition. It’s different every time, but he says it’s always fun.

“Sera is raw and genuine,” says Kristjanson. “I’ve written plenty of characters who were too clever for their own good. Sera hasn’t had to test her beliefs, so she brings a level of honest discovery that is cutting and refreshing. I had a lot of fun with her voice in particular. The actor nailed it day one. From the first voice test, she was Sera. Her laugh is great.”

With the fate of Thedas hanging in the balance and pressures mounting, Sera’s reckless abandon won’t win over every party member she fights alongside.

“Sera likes people who try (even if they fail), and is suspicious of people who are so powerful they don’t have to,” Kristjanson says. “There are people she loves, people she hates, and people she loves to hate. That draws a line, in and out of the party.”

In short, Sera speaks her mind.

“She makes no secret of her feelings,” Kristjanson says. “I don’t think she could if she tried.”
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:59 am

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 12 BpzWcWOCIAA8lf5

[DRAGON AGE]: What was The Iron Bull’s life like before the Inquisition?

[PATRICK WEEKES]: The Iron Bull was a Ben-Hassrath internal agent on an island controlled by his people, the Qunari, but threatened by rebels and agitators. Imagine the Dragon Age equivalent of a federal anti-terrorism unit, and you’ve got the basic idea. When things got hot, he was the one the Qunari sent to handle the situation.

[DA]: Sounds like demanding work. Although, judging by his character design, he seems up for the task.

[PW]: True, but nobody can handle a job like that forever. When The Iron Bull burned out, his superiors moved him to what most people outside the Qunari think of when they imagine the Ben-Hassrath: spy work in other countries. He was told to set up a mercenary company, take jobs from nobles, and pass information back to the Qunari.

[DA]: How does he end up with the Inquisition?

[PW]: The official reason The Iron Bull joins the Inquisition is that his Qunari superiors want to know what the Inquisition is doing. Qunari have a pretty dim view of uncontrolled magic, and a giant hole in the sky is about as uncontrolled as you can get.

[DA]: And unofficially?

[PW]: Unofficially, The Iron Bull sees demons attacking innocent people, and he wants to help. He knows the Inquisition’s agents would uncover his ties to the Ben-Hassrath, so he’s opted to save time and be completely up-front about his work. If the player can handle The Iron Bull sending reports, the Qunari agent can get the Inquisition valuable information in return from his spy network.

[DA]: How would you describe The Iron Bull’s character?

[PW]: The Iron Bull is casual, friendly, and confident. There are very few things in the world that he can’t kill if he needs to, which puts him at ease most of the time. He’s got no need to compete with anyone or prove himself, and he doesn’t need his ego stroked. What he does need are people he can trust to watch his back and friends he can laugh with. After surviving years of ugly, nasty fighting, The Iron Bull has learned not to take anything too seriously. Unless it involves demons.

[DA]: Why demons?

[PW]: The Iron Bull has a thing about demons.

[DA]: What sets The Iron Bull apart from the other followers in Inquisition?

[PW]: The Iron Bull really loves life outside the demands of the Qun, now that he’s gotten used to it, and he does everything big. He overeats, drinks himself sick, and will hop into bed with anyone he’s reasonably sure he won’t break. He’s been close to death enough times to appreciate life whenever he has the chance.

[DA]: How does he get along with his fellow companions?

[PW]: The Iron Bull is a relaxed, friendly guy who gets along with just about everyone. He loves talking shop with Cassandra after battles, for example, although he’s a lot more enthusiastic about chopping people in half than Cassandra is. He also gets along surprisingly well with Vivienne, who keeps him in line when he gets too boisterous.

[DA]: You said “just about everyone.” Are there people that he doesn’t get along with?

[PW]: The only folks The Iron Bull has trouble with are those who go looking for fights about the Qunari. He isn’t trying to convert anybody, but he’s not going to apologize for his way of life, and people like Varric, who saw the Qunari at their worst in Kirkwall, might take that the wrong way.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 33 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 22 ... 33  Next