Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dragon Age Thread

+36
Eryri
Hanako Ikezawa
ViolentSound
Byne
RavenEyry
ericformans_sisterisdead
Norlond
CSSteele
vlad78
dorktainian
Ithurael
Dwailing
CoolioThane
TurianRebel212
demersel
symbowles
BlueLogic
Fur28
HYR 2.1
Maximus
Jusseb
Vizard355
shep117
Master Blaster
Hrothdane
southbeatz
Lombus
Cyberfrog
FFZero
Raistlin Majere
DSharrah
Andromidius
lex0r
umadcommander
Humakt
GethJuggernautMKII
40 posters

Page 1 of 33 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next

Go down

The Dragon Age Thread Empty The Dragon Age Thread

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:06 am

Post anything you wish to discuss regarding Dragon Age here.
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

The Dragon Age Thread Empty Re: The Dragon Age Thread

Post by Humakt Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:00 pm

Patches have made the DA:O way too easy on Nightmare.
Humakt
Humakt
Nightmare

http://www.celestialheavens.com/thundermaps/

Back to top Go down

Post by umadcommander Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:01 pm

im playing DAO now for the first time in a while
umadcommander
umadcommander
Rachni Brood Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:02 pm

The Chantry is one of those special kinds of problems that can only be solved by fire.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Norlond Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:13 pm

Maybe we'll get the chance to destroy the Chantry as Inquisitor The Dragon Age Thread Iconsov
Or the Qunari invade Thedas and the Chantry gets replaced by the Qun

But the most debatable element of DA is Flemeth
Norlond
Norlond
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/Skyzzed

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:19 pm

The Dragon Age Thread 31111079
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Norlond Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:21 pm

About Merrill...
The Dragon Age Thread Pedobear
Norlond
Norlond
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/Skyzzed

Back to top Go down

Post by umadcommander Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:24 pm

i felt sorry for straight femhawke, fenris and anders are terrible romances XD
umadcommander
umadcommander
Rachni Brood Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:25 pm

umadcommander wrote:i felt sorry for straight femhawke, fenris and anders are terrible romances XD

I always romance Anders. He picked destroy in the end. Shepard
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by lex0r Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:27 pm

But he is indoctrinated.

The Dragon Age Thread Images_zpsdf2e437d
lex0r
lex0r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:32 pm

lex0r11 wrote:But he is indoctrinated.

The Dragon Age Thread Images_zpsdf2e437d

Nonsense. They're just renegade eyes.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:48 pm

umadcommander wrote:i felt sorry for straight femhawke, fenris and anders are terrible romances XD
I quite like Fenris's actually. Sebastian is terrible though and Anders is always moaning, followed by terrorism.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:29 pm

RavenEyry wrote:
I quite like Fenris's actually. Sebastian is terrible though and Anders is always moaning, followed by terrorism.

Pfft. The only thing Anders did wrong was wait a decade and not let Hawke help. The Chantry deserves what it got, and so much more. That whore Elthina pretends to be neutral, but there's no such thing as neutral with an authority figure. When authority feigns neutrality, they are by default taking the side of the stronger party. If a cop comes across someone being mugged, is he allowed to say "I'm not getting involved, I'm going to remain neutral"? Of course not. By doing so, he's taking the side of the muggers. That bitch Elthina was no different. She was supporting Meredith and her merry band of soulstealing rapists and she damn well knew it. My only regret with Elthina's death is that she didn't have to suffer like all the mages who ended up taking their own lives because of the crimes she allowed.

The Chantry is a bunch of fascists, plain and simple. They oppress and dehumanize a group based on their DNA. This is the literal definition of genocide, even without their mass murdering "annulments." What's more, most of the mage problems the Chantry claims to be protecting society from they themselves are responsible for. Why did Connor get possessed? Because his mother had to get an idiot for a magic teacher because the Chantry would steal her child if they knew. Why did the mages in Ferelden's Circle start a rebellion? Because of the Chantry's oppression. Why are the mages in Kirkwall batshit insane? Because the Chantry locked them in a portal to the tenth level of hell which drives mages insane. Why didn't Orsino report Quentin? Because Meredith would've used it as an excuse to come down on all mages. Almost all the problems with abominations and blood mages are because of the Chantry's fascist antics.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:46 pm

The Chantry also contributed to the defeat at Ostagar, by not taking the Darkspawn threat seriously and actually contributing a meaningful number of Mages and Templar. Apperently they consider the concept of having Mages outside and using their magic freely more dangerous then a Blight. Uh huh.

Also they pretty much encourage Blood Mages, by treating Mages like crap and turning them into Tranquils if they think they are 'weak'. Yeah, I wonder why they don't like following the rules...

They also think its a smart idea to throw 'strong' Mages directly to the wolves - by forcing them to take The Harrowing. Because nothing discourages demons more from possessing a weak and untrained mage then forcing them into The Fade, right? Oh wait.

Oh, and they are hilariously inept at watching over the Mages. The massacre at the Circle Tower probably wouldn't have happened if they were paying attention to Uldred. Mind you, the blame is also on the shoulders of Irving for also not paying attention.

In short, the Chantry have nothing to redeem them when it comes to how poorly they treat Mages. If they took it upon themselves to protect them, train them and hunt down any actual threats among them then they'd serve a useful purpose. But they don't.
Andromidius
Andromidius
Admin

https://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:00 pm

Hey, my thread's alive!

The Chantry have much to be suspicious about. Are phylacteries not another for of blood magic? After all, they are using the blood of mages as a tracking device. How else would that even work if not for the help of blood magic. Is blood magic bad magic, or is it just another form of magic being exploited by bad people?

I believe that profit is the only reason the Chantry has a problem with blood magic. It doesn't use lyrium, so it can't be suppressed by Templars. The Chantry even has a monopoly on the Lyrium trade with the dwarves. A monopoly that has been defended by violence when needed.

Surely blood magic can't be the magic of pure evil. The Warden and all the mages in his party can learn blood magic with seemingly no adverse side effects, aside from winding up on deaths door due to over use of blood magic. Morrigan isn't suddenly trying to suck party members dry to power her spells if she learns blood magic.

Blood magic simply draws its power from a source the Chantry can't control. The Chantry fear that what they can't control may be used to destroy them.
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:05 pm

GethPrimeMKII wrote:Hey, my thread's alive!

The Chantry have much to be suspicious about. Are phylacteries not another for of blood magic? After all, they are using the blood of mages as a tracking device. How else would that even work if not for the help of blood magic. Is blood magic bad magic, or is it just another form of magic being exploited by bad people?

I believe that profit is the only reason the Chantry has a problem with blood magic. It doesn't use lyrium, so it can't be suppressed by Templars. The Chantry even has a monopoly on the Lyrium trade with the dwarves. A monopoly that has been defended by violence when needed.

Surely blood magic can't be the magic of pure evil. The Warden and all the mages in his party can learn blood magic with seemingly no adverse side effects, aside from winding up on deaths door due to over use of blood magic. Morrigan isn't suddenly trying to suck party members dry to power her spells if she learns blood magic.

Blood magic simply draws its power from a source the Chantry can't control. The Chantry fear that what they can't control may be used to destroy them.

Oh yes, that reminds me of another point. They talk a lot about the dire consequences of a blood mage making a high level official their thrall, but isn't it a bit strange that it's only a hypothetical scenario? They act like blood control is as powerful as Reaper indoctrination, but it looks to me like that's just bullshit they use to incite fear.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:11 pm

The best part of making your Warden and all his mages blood mages, is that Alistair doesn't lose an ounce of sleep over it. You think he'd be waking up in cold sweats at the prospect of Morrigan wielding blood magic.
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:13 pm

And I've never found blood magic particularly useful anyway. Mages die way too easily to sacrifice health for mana.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:17 pm

GethPrimeMKII wrote:The best part of making your Warden and all his mages blood mages, is that Alistair doesn't lose an ounce of sleep over it. You think he'd be waking up in cold sweats at the prospect of Morrigan wielding blood magic.

The best part is making Wynne a blood mage. Because lol.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:23 pm

I usually stick to one specialty for Wynne. Morrigan is usually my blood mage. The only real value you're going to get out of blood magic in DA:O is in that third spell whose name escapes me. Its a powerful AOE spell that stuns anything it hits and deals constant spirit damage. I combine that with Storm of the Century, and Morrigan racks up unbelievable kill counts. Very fun to use during the Battle of Denerim.
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:54 pm

GethPrimeMKII wrote:I usually stick to one specialty for Wynne. Morrigan is usually my blood mage. The only real value you're going to get out of blood magic in DA:O is in that third spell whose name escapes me. Its a powerful AOE spell that stuns anything it hits and deals constant spirit damage. I combine that with Storm of the Century, and Morrigan racks up unbelievable kill counts. Very fun to use during the Battle of Denerim.

I never even use Wynne. I can't stand her. She's the opposite of Morrigan, and I can't stand either extreme. Which unfortunately means I always have to play the warden as a mage. Fortunately, PC lets me play whatever I want. Dwarf mage who drew up in the alienage? Sure why not. Heart mods.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:23 pm

I think I'm going to try out DA:O for PC. My laptop ought to be able to handle it. I really want to have fun with the armor, weapon and face mods.
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:57 am

I did not mind DA 2, though I seem to be in the minority with that...hope DA 3 ends up being a huge bounce back for the franchise.
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:16 am

DSharrah wrote:I did not mind DA 2, though I seem to be in the minority with that...hope DA 3 ends up being a huge bounce back for the franchise.

I did not mind the story or the characters, the repetive areas is what got to me in DA2. If the game had had half a year - year more to iron out more difference in the areas and maybe more consequence to the choices it could have been a very good, but also different approach.

Though one thing I love is how much Hawke's personality changes based on your dialogue choice. I played the friendly Hawke on my first plathrough and then sarcastic / humorous Hawke on the next and the difference is immense, even in the non choice dialogue. Also sarcastic Hawke has some hilarious lines.

Regarding blood magic I always loved making Anders in Awakening a Blood Mage because then it triggers a small extra line with him. Essentially he is assuring you that he was not a Blood Mage when he ran away to which you can point out that he is it now.
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:32 am

DSharrah wrote:I did not mind DA 2, though I seem to be in the minority with that...hope DA 3 ends up being a huge bounce back for the franchise.
I enjoyed 2 more than origins, despite it's flaws. I'm in an even bigger minority.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 33 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next