Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dragon Age Thread

+36
Eryri
Hanako Ikezawa
ViolentSound
Byne
RavenEyry
ericformans_sisterisdead
Norlond
CSSteele
vlad78
dorktainian
Ithurael
Dwailing
CoolioThane
TurianRebel212
demersel
symbowles
BlueLogic
Fur28
HYR 2.1
Maximus
Jusseb
Vizard355
shep117
Master Blaster
Hrothdane
southbeatz
Lombus
Cyberfrog
FFZero
Raistlin Majere
DSharrah
Andromidius
lex0r
umadcommander
Humakt
GethJuggernautMKII
40 posters

Page 19 of 33 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 33  Next

Go down

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 19 Empty Re: The Dragon Age Thread

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:09 pm

Skyhold Interview, Part 1: Introduction

Last week, Dragon Age fans were introduced to Skyhold—the Inquisition's base of operations—through an article from our friends at Game Informer. Following the article, we caught up with Dragon Age: Inquisition producer Cameron Lee to ask a few follow-up questions.
In part 1 of this interview series, Cameron discusses what Skyhold is used for, what players can do to customize it, who you can interact with there, and more!

[DRAGON AGE]: Can you give us a quick recap on what exactly Skyhold is?

[CAMERON LEE]: Skyhold is a huge fortress and the seat of your power as the leader of the Inquisition. From there, you decide the fate of nations, direct your agents throughout Thedas, pass judgment on your enemies, and decide how you will personally take action against the Elder One.

[DA]: Does Skyhold's appearance change over the course of the game?

[CL]: As you progress, you'll notice some parts of Skyhold expanding and becoming more detailed. Murals may be painted, and trophies collected and mysterious artifacts researched by your Inquisition followers. All of this and more has a physical impact on Skyhold.

[DA]: What areas of Skyhold can players customize?

[CL]: Skyhold can be customized to reflect what sort of Inquisition you're leading. You choose what to do with major parts of the castle such as towers and the courtyard as well as decorations like statues, windows, drapes, furniture, and even the heraldry your Inquisition forces will take into the world.

[DA]: Where can players find additional items to add to their Skyhold?

[CL]: There are many ways for you to obtain new items to personalize your Skyhold. Some are found as you explore the world, others require you to complete side quests, and you can buy some from merchants you'll meet in other towns and cities.

[DA]: Skyhold is enormous! How much time will players have to explore it?

[CL]: You are free to return to and explore Skyhold as often as you like, which means you can talk to all of your followers and major characters you've recruited into the Inquisition. Many of these major characters have their own rooms that reflect their role in the Inquisition.

There are also minor characters for you to engage with: merchants, stablemasters, barkeeps, researchers, blacksmiths, enchanters, and other interesting and diverse people who look to you for leadership.

[DA]: Are there lots of different areas to visit in Skyhold?

[CL]: Skyhold is filled with interesting places to visit! There's a tavern where Inquisition followers are having a drink. A dungeon with your defeated enemies rotting away. Your throne room, where you'll pass judgment on your enemies (but we'll get more into that later).

There's a large library with a research assistant, and a garden where you can choose which plants to grow for making potions. Other locations you can visit include a vault, kitchen, guard tower, rookery, training ground… and that's still not a complete list of all the places you can visit.

[DA]: Skyhold is also equipped to help you prepare for your next battle, right?

[CL]: Absolutely. When you're ready for another adventure or battle, you may want to visit the crafting rooms to forge, enchant, or upgrade armor and weapons. You also can brew potions and poisons at the crafting table. Next, walk over to the stables where you can pick which mount you'll ride on your adventure.

[DA]: Seems like there's still one other area of importance that you haven't mentioned yet…

[CL]: Indeed. Last but not least is the war table, where you can see what's happening throughout the world and whether your agents have reported any new leads on the Elder One.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:48 pm

Skyhold Interview, Part 2: The War Table

Two weeks ago, Dragon Age fans were introduced to Skyhold—the Inquisition's base of operations—through an article from our friends at Game Informer. Following the article, we caught up with Dragon Age: Inquisition producer Cameron Lee to ask a few follow-up questions.
In part 2 of this interview series, Cameron discusses the war table, the role of your advisors, and more!

[DRAGON AGE]: All three of the Inquisition's advisors have been introduced, but can you tell us more about their role in the Inquisition?

[CAMERON LEE]: Leliana, Cullen, and Josephine are your primary advisors in the Inquisition. They represent the three pillars of power: espionage, military, and politics. Each of them leads a contingent of agents they send out on operations that help you in your search for and battle against the Elder One.

[DA]: So, each advisor has a specific area of expertise?

[CL]: Exactly. Leliana is the leader of your agents who uncover secrets, assassinate enemies, and sabotage your enemy's organization. Cullen leads your military, so he's focused on building your army and training and equipping your forces so you can use them as a hammer against the Elder One. Josephine uses political power and diplomacy to advance your Inquisition's cause. Each of the advisors will want to approach challenges in different ways, but it's your choice about which action to take.

[DA]: What types of tasks can you carry out from the war table?

[CL]: There are over 300 missions and operations available on the war table, and they can change depending on your previous choices and actions in the game. There's a range of types: scouting missions to establish the first camp in a new area you'd like to explore, building missions to raise structures in the areas you've being exploring, recruitment missions to bring expertise into the inquisition, treaties, resource-gathering, political assassinations, and many, many more.

[DA]: How will players gain influence and power for the Inquisition?

[CL]: You earn influence and power as you explore, overcome enemies, bring stability to regions, complete quests, and close rifts between the world and the Fade. You spend that influence and power at the war table when you send your agents on an operation or begin a new major story plot.

[DA]: What do you get from completing operations through the war table?

[CL]: Operations will give you different rewards such as gold, rare crafting materials, weapons and equipment, new recruits, and even the ability to rebuild structures you've seen on your adventures.

[DA]: Will the advisors have different opinions on the best way to complete an operation?

[CL]: Each of your advisors will want to approach an operation in a different way, which will help determine the outcome and rewards for completing the operation and can potentially affect any follow-up operations.

[DA]: Okay. Are you ready to talk about judgments now?

[CL]: Let's do it!
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:29 pm

Skyhold Interview, Part 3: Judgments

Two weeks ago, Dragon Age fans were introduced to Skyhold—the Inquisition's base of operations—through an article from our friends at Game Informer. Following the article, we caught up with Dragon Age: Inquisition producer Cameron Lee to ask a few follow-up questions.
In part 3 of this interview series, Cameron discusses controlling the seat of power at Skyhold and passing judgment on your foes!

[DRAGON AGE]: Let's talk about the role of the Inquisitor. How much power do you have as leader?

[CAMERON LEE]: As the Inquisitor, you have an authority that spans nations, shaping events and issuing commands to your agents throughout a land in strife. Your power over the fate of thousands also has a personal side. The burden of leadership falls to you, and right or wrong, your choices will have an impact on the lives of those who cross your path.

[DA]: That brings us to the topic of judgments in the game. Can you expand a little bit on that?

[CL]: Sure. The innocent, the misguided, the foolish, and the righteous all must decide which side of the conflict they support, but if they choose poorly, they may find themselves standing before your throne awaiting judgment. This is one of the ways you can see a personal side to your enemies and understand their motivations—and just as importantly, it offers you a chance to reflect on your own decisions and actions throughout the game.

[DA]: So, you quite literally assume the role of judge, jury, and executioner?

[CL]: Exactly. When you sit on your throne in Skyhold, your advisors will bring a prisoner to you for judgment. Your advisor will read the charges and provide additional information before you have a chance to question the prisoner yourself. Then you'll be asked to decide their fate. Your choices won't be black and white, but shades in between. Set them free, recruit them into the Inquisition, execute them yourself, make them your court jester, or even make them Tranquil are just some examples of the sentences you can pass in a judgment.

[DA]: As with any decision, there may be repercussions to deal with, right?

[CL]: I'll say this: how you judge your enemies may have an impact on your Inquisition. For example, can you live with having an evil agent join the Inquisition if they make it more effective? Other sentences may affect side quests, operations, Skyhold itself, and even your closest companions, so choose wisely.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Byne Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:45 am

[CL]: There are over 300 missions and operations available on the war table, and they can change depending on your previous choices and actions in the game. There's a range of types: scouting missions to establish the first camp in a new area you'd like to explore, building missions to raise structures in the areas you've being exploring, recruitment missions to bring expertise into the inquisition, treaties, resource-gathering, political assassinations, and many, many more.

These missions sound like they'll be the sort of non interactive missions that you never see take place, sort of like the missions you give to your followers in Assassins Creed. I'd bet this is also where the majority of imported flags come into play.

[CL]: Exactly. When you sit on your throne in Skyhold, your advisors will bring a prisoner to you for judgment. Your advisor will read the charges and provide additional information before you have a chance to question the prisoner yourself. Then you'll be asked to decide their fate. Your choices won't be black and white, but shades in between. Set them free, recruit them into the Inquisition, execute them yourself, make them your court jester, or even make them Tranquil are just some examples of the sentences you can pass in a judgment.

I hope there are quite a few of these. I really enjoyed the part of Awakening where you did this.
Byne
Byne
Threadmaster™

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:58 am

Byne wrote:

I hope there are quite a few of these. I really enjoyed the part of Awakening where you did this.

Yeah, Awakening did ruling waaaaay better than Fable 3, which had ruling as a selling point.

Really loved those bits too.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:54 am

I haven't read any of the books so I'm wondering if someone could tell me who should I support in the Orlesian civil war, Celene or Gaspard? and why

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:02 pm

RavenEyry wrote:
Byne wrote:

Yeah, Awakening did ruling waaaaay better than Fable 3, which had ruling as a selling point.

Really loved those bits too.
It's something BW has been doing for a looong time.  The oldest I can remember is De'Arnise Keep in Baldur's Gate II.  And yeah, I always loved those bits too.  I don't think I've heard anyone say they didn't like them.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:21 am

Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:13 pm

Cool video. Visual art (in terms of what can be done with higher graphics) in games this decade are really going to meet the standards I set in my head since maybe the 90s, finally. I love it. It probably means that 2020 games will actually blow me away haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:10 am

The ESRB rating is out. Dragon Age: Inquisition is rated M for:

Blood
Intense Violence
Nudity
Sexual Content
Strong Language
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:06 am

Duh.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:37 pm

RavenEyry wrote:Duh.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:48 pm

Crap. Is it too late to tell them to turn the blood off?
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:04 am

SwobyJ wrote:Cool video. Visual art (in terms of what can be done with higher graphics) in games this decade are really going to meet the standards I set in my head since maybe the 90s, finally. I love it. It probably means that 2020 games will actually blow me away haha
Yeah, the last real hurdle they have to overcome is making it more immersive via things that are akin to virtual reality. And that is being worked on, as shown with things like the Oculus Rift.

ZerebusPrime wrote:Crap.  Is it too late to tell them to turn the blood off?
They probably have the option to turn it off like in previous games.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:12 am

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 19 10290615_10152709224359367_4555227122721192852_n
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:13 am

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 19 10701982_10152713420329367_1204527662909736989_n
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:14 am

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 19 10639643_10152718224384367_4381050952380413121_n
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:14 am

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 19 10304427_10152715733094367_67677329613246363_n
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:15 am

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 19 10452348_10152709532299367_4479061267882813617_n
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:16 am

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 19 10348366_10152717570329367_4223950137008918955_n
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 19 1910142_10152711317639367_4910051233898931959_n
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 19 10639657_10152715435829367_2182593547662279502_n
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:17 am

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 19 10690150_10152713615419367_5080296178423168004_n
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by ericformans_sisterisdead Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:03 am

I dont think he actually wants to turn blood off selim

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 19 Joke
ericformans_sisterisdead
ericformans_sisterisdead
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down